Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Always love it when my company takes something that works perfectly fine and then installs a new program that takes me a day with IT to figure out why it doesn't work. This time, we're switching VPN programs, and the new one says I'm connected, but it doesn't let my onto the network. Old one even had a two-factor thumbprint verification on my phone, and this one is just a text message, which seems less secure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Pops Mgee posted:

Boba Fett show was a mess lmao. Some bits were still cool though.
Probably still better than whatever we’re going to get with Picard season 2. Can’t wait to hate watch that.

I mentioned several days ago a friend who has terrible taste in TV and Movies and he won’t shut the gently caress up about how AMAZING and INCREDIBLE Boba is, so I know it’s not that cool. That, and I watched the first two or three eps before my subscription ran out and I’m not renewing until Moon Knight and Kenobi come out, and I wasn’t exactly thrilled by it. I’ll probably reluctantly finish it then.

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, ski chat + accident chat made me look up Michael Schumacher.

He's still alive, but...still mostly the same eight years after coming out of a six month long coma. Er, mostly the same as the time he came out of the coma that is, which isn't particularly good.

Nothing says wildly successful medical treatment like 'he's conscious,' which he was before?

Yeah, I don’t think there’s much of him there. A documentary came out a bit ago about him and his wife is in it a lot, and I don’t think they even once really touch on his current condition.

But his son Mick just had his first season in Formula 1 this past season and he is such a precious treasure :3:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Boba was meh, but Mandalorian season 2.5 was pretty cool.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

WHY WOULD YOU EMAIL THIS

https://twitter.com/jadearchaeobot/status/1267605974426120192?s=21

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

T-Square posted:

I mentioned several days ago a friend who has terrible taste in TV and Movies and he won’t shut the gently caress up about how AMAZING and INCREDIBLE Boba is, so I know it’s not that cool. That, and I watched the first two or three eps before my subscription ran out and I’m not renewing until Moon Knight and Kenobi come out, and I wasn’t exactly thrilled by it. I’ll probably reluctantly finish it then.

Yeah, I don’t think there’s much of him there. A documentary came out a bit ago about him and his wife is in it a lot, and I don’t think they even once really touch on his current condition.

But his son Mick just had his first season in Formula 1 this past season and he is such a precious treasure :3:

The back half is a lot better than the first, in part because Boba isn't in one episode at all, is in another for 2 minutes, and then the finale where a lot of wild poo poo happens.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

"Conversation and exploration" lmao come on dude

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

No Butt Stuff posted:

Boba was meh, but Mandalorian season 2.5 was pretty cool.

They were both bad because the two episodes were just nostalgia bait with no real consequence or substance to them.

All the idiots eating that poo poo up are just typical consume next product people who can't think for themselves and say "let other people enjoy things" when you tell them something is bad with actual reason and logic.

The whole show was a mess and I guess a whole episode ended up being cut out, another guest appearance/cameo never ended up happening, and there were some "disagreements" between people about the direction of the show

T-Square
May 14, 2009

swickles posted:

The back half is a lot better than the first, in part because Boba isn't in one episode at all, is in another for 2 minutes, and then the finale where a lot of wild poo poo happens.

Yeah I mean I’ll finish it, I’m just not going to go out of my way to sign back up for D+ right now when there isn’t anything else I want to watch at the moment.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Leaving work to go home and take a shower after having read this.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Nodoze posted:

They were both bad because the two episodes were just nostalgia bait with no real consequence or substance to them.

All the idiots eating that poo poo up are just typical consume next product people who can't think for themselves and say "let other people enjoy things" when you tell them something is bad with actual reason and logic.

The whole show was a mess and I guess a whole episode ended up being cut out, another guest appearance/cameo never ended up happening, and there were some "disagreements" between people about the direction of the show

I cannot imagine being passionate enough about television to post this.

I enjoyed it, even if it was fan service bullshit. Who cares? It was filler television on a weeknight. Quit being a dick.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

T-Square posted:

Yeah I mean I’ll finish it, I’m just not going to go out of my way to sign back up for D+ right now when there isn’t anything else I want to watch at the moment.

I have a profile on a friend's Disney+ account, and I never use the drat thing; PM me if you want the login because there's basically nothing on the service I want to watch anymore.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I feel like "intimate" is a word you should never ever be using in a professional setting, and if you think that you need to use it you better take a beat and think about it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Disney seems to have found it's rut in terms of quality, first off with the MCU and now with Star Wars.

I used to be all in on anything Pixar & Disney Animation put out but I haven't seen the recent stuff and honestly since I was noticing the general template for storytelling was all the same there too.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Hot Diggity! posted:

"Conversation and exploration" lmao come on dude

Why are men? That's the part that made me get the full body squicks. Who talks like that? And any man who thinks an encounter with them will be "potentially special and unique" is absolutely going to be medicore and forgettable, probably gross even.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Braksgirl posted:

Why are men? That's the part that made me get the full body squicks. Who talks like that? And any man who thinks an encounter with them will be "potentially special and unique" is absolutely going to be medicore and forgettable, probably gross even.

Some dudes can’t help themselves. I had an awkward friend a billion years ago who had strong “m’lady” vibes who frequently called all of my female friends “cutie” in passing and they haaaaaated it and I always just wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I had a co-worker once who referred to women as females only, they might have been an alien

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The first time I rode in a hot girl’s car in high school and had to kick a mountain of trash out of the way I was like “oh people are all kinda hosed up there’s nothing to be scared of here.”

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

bobjr posted:

I had a co-worker once who referred to women as females only, they might have been an alien

How on earth did that happen to a whole swath of people? Were they raised only watching nature documentaries? Is this a tic in the south or midwest or something like soda vs pop?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I don't know why that reminded me of the extremely funny Cal Cunningham sexting scandal that happened literally less than a year ago when I thought it was far longer ago.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 10, 2022

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

The first time I rode in a hot girl’s car in high school and had to kick a mountain of trash out of the way I was like “oh people are all kinda hosed up there’s nothing to be scared of here.”

Freshman year the dorms were all doubles with 1 single at the end of the hall. Dude who lived in it was a huge GG Allin fan whose room was covered in liquor bottles filled with his urine. I learned a lot freshman year.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think a university administrator should be a man and ask out his student face-to-face.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Disney content is basically TV McDonalds. Comfort food that you know what you're gonna get. You can't derail too far otherwise people get upset that they aren't getting what they expect.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Except Disney has high production values which makes it better than McDonald’s.

Listen I’m old and tired and in quarantine. Any new content of any passable interest is appreciated.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Disney+ had the Discovery back catalogue which includes what my wife affectionally calls "zoo stories" and she can binge that poo poo for a full weekend. Just in case you're looking for some utterly mindless low-stress television about taking care of cute animals to fill your time.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

You know drat well I am looking for that

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m gonna do marijuana this weekend, look out world

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The problem with a lot of the Star Wars and MCU shows is that they're owned by Disney. I think it hampers how many risks they will actually take, and it seems like drat near required that some sort of cute toy has to come out of the show. I started watching Boba Fett at episode 5, and I don't think I missed much. Even watching some of the supporting characters in episode 7 has me cringing a little bit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

When I was like 12 and our school was setting us up email accounts it was drummed in our heads "never email anything you wouldn't want everyone in the world to see."

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Meanwhile Disney's animated shows have been excellent lately. Going back to Gravity Falls, they've put out great show after great show. GF, the Ducktales reboot, Star vs the Forces of Evil, Tangled the Series, Amphibia, Owl House, etc.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Skwirl posted:

When I was like 12 and our school was setting us up email accounts it was drummed in our heads "never email anything you wouldn't want everyone in the world to see."

The version I heard was "never put into writing anything you wouldn't want to have to read out loud in court"

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

a neat cape posted:

Meanwhile Disney's animated shows have been excellent lately. Going back to Gravity Falls, they've put out great show after great show. GF, the Ducktales reboot, Star vs the Forces of Evil, Tangled the Series, Amphibia, Owl House, etc.

Gravity Falls owns so gosh darn much

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Gravity Falls owns so gosh darn much

The last episode still kills me

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Skwirl posted:

"Don't post anything that you wouldn't want your wife to see" is a personal rule of mine on SA (and other posting places I guess), though granted she has a fairly high tolerance for my nonsense.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

On the other hand, :justpost:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/1491826245566275585

good thing there's a roof in inglewood

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m gonna do marijuana this weekend, look out world

:sickos:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Freaquency posted:

I bought a power strip thing for my SO’s bedside table and not only is there a light, the light is so bright that it shines through the plastic so the old electrical tape trick doesn’t even help.

Time to get out the duct tape I think, several layers perhaps

General Dog posted:

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think a university administrator should be a man and ask out his student face-to-face.

ethics aside, not leaving a paper trail would probably be smart

yep ca perpetually burning and on fire, this is fine

it's been a poo poo year for snowboarding too, this is less than two hours away where I'm going boarding next weekend

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

The problem with a lot of the Star Wars and MCU shows is that they're owned by Disney. I think it hampers how many risks they will actually take, and it seems like drat near required that some sort of cute toy has to come out of the show. I started watching Boba Fett at episode 5, and I don't think I missed much. Even watching some of the supporting characters in episode 7 has me cringing a little bit.

Just make the Baby Yoda show and print the money.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Tornados in December and now wildfires in February :tif:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

there it is

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1491838409316446210