Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm a huge fan of the non-sexualized character designs.

It's not something I cared much about but 2 was stupid on that front.

yeah sure there's nothing sexualized about a man with a high ponytail :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Araxxor posted:

Interestingly enough Advance Wars did not show up there. Either the localization process hasn't started yet, or they're not getting it at all.

Nobody in Japan cares about Advance Wars

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Nintendo really hosed up by dropping the Wars naming convention. We should've had DS Wars and Wii Wars, and the remake should've been called Switch Wars: Advance.

Thinking about it Game Boy Advance is a really weird name. Advance. The word has lost all meaning.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Snake Maze posted:

For anyone interested in Earthbound, it's pretty well hidden in the online app but Nintendo has the original player's guide availible for download. It has tons of info and little clay models of the enemies and everything, it's definitely worth checking out even if you're a Pro Gamer who doesn't need a guide.

Wish Smell-O-vision or 4D was at home!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I know people are convincing themselves that Xenoblade 3 is gonna have a twist to reference X but I think it’s more likely they have completely abandoned it and will just never mention it again

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm glad they made it a point to show off Andy not knowing what an airport is.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Does xenoblade have anything to do with xenogears? When will there be a xenogears remake??

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm actually more interested in 48 more courses for MK8 than I would be in MK9, I think, if only because MK8 looks and plays so good that I'm not sure what could be improved for a hypothetical MK9 other than "more tracks."

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I basically didn't learn what half the combat systems in 2 did, and beat the game just fine. And the prequel had a much simpler system

Yeah that's the correct approach. More than the combat systems there's just so much unwieldy stuff like the whole Blade gacha mechanic, the way you unlock their skill trees in esoteric sometimes incredibly grindy ways, the finite overdrives if you open a blade on the wrong character. The merc missions. Weird little things like how every town has a dozen vendors who each sell something like "meat" or "art", all of which are consumables for the same item slot.

The Xenoblade series in general is chock full of awkwardly built, poorly implemented systems, it's my favorite dumb series and I love/hate it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

48 new tracks is nanners and Mk 8 is already such an awesome and content filled game that I’m giddy as hell about literally doubling the track count and ostensibly turning into Mario Kart Ultimate.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Chas McGill posted:

Does xenoblade have anything to do with xenogears? When will there be a xenogears remake??
Xenoblade was created as a spiritual successor to Xenogears and Xenosaga by many of the same developers. The rights to those are owned by Square-Enix and Namco respectively. There's no narrative link.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Nintendo where is Wave Race (64 or a new game)

I've already started Earthbound - amazingly, this is the first time I've owned a system that could play it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah that's the correct approach. More than the combat systems there's just so much unwieldy stuff like the whole Blade gacha mechanic, the way you unlock their skill trees in esoteric sometimes incredibly grindy ways, the finite overdrives if you open a blade on the wrong character. The merc missions. Weird little things like how every town has a dozen vendors who each sell something like "meat" or "art", all of which are consumables for the same item slot.

The Xenoblade series in general is chock full of awkwardly built, poorly implemented systems, it's my favorite dumb series and I love/hate it.

I hated 2 by the end of my time with it but there was enough good in there I’ll probably buy 3 and get mad at it again

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I hated 2 by the end of my time with it but there was enough good in there I’ll probably buy 3 and get mad at it again

lol yep same. I think XC1 is the only one that I didn't hate by the end.

I think I've finally been cured of my MMO sickness though, this is the first time the shots of running around huge wide open fields didn't make me think "I need to play this right now."

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

curried lamb of God posted:

Nintendo where is Wave Race (64 or a new game)

I've already started Earthbound - amazingly, this is the first time I've owned a system that could play it

If Wave Race is added soon, I don't know what I'll complain about not being on Switch VC. I guess Super Mario RPG.

Still shocked at how great yesterday's Direct was.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Nintendo wants to release a trailer for the Chrono Trigger remake, but Robo's theme keeps getting Content ID'd by Rick Astley

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, I haven’t seen the trailer yet but does it look like the upcoming Chrono Cross remake/remaster will be adding anything new to the game?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, I haven’t seen the trailer yet but does it look like the upcoming Chrono Cross remake/remaster will be adding anything new to the game?

Upscaled backgrounds and an encounter toggle, but no new content (unless you count Radical Dreamers getting an official translation)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Snake Maze posted:

Upscaled backgrounds and an encounter toggle, but no new content (unless you count Radical Dreamers getting an official translation)

Oh, this includes the text adventure game as well? Neat

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I could never finish XC1 because I was not a fan of the foresight mechanic (still got the definitive edition though, and my mind didn't change). I was worried when it came up in XC2, but thankfully it was relegated to cutscenes, and I finally completed that and Torna. I'd love to see another game more like XCX though, but without the skells.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
how often has any Satelliview poo poo been rereleased lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Kins posted:

Xenoblade was created as a spiritual successor to Xenogears and Xenosaga by many of the same developers. The rights to those are owned by Square-Enix and Namco respectively. There's no narrative link.

It is insanely hosed up that there hasn't been a HD Xenosaga collection

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I was feeling kinda low so I played A Short Hike again. It is an excellent game but I did NOT cry at the ending which is not tragic but kind of touching. I am not getting teary eyed typing this either.

Anyone playing Where the Water Tastes Like Wine? I'm having an issue where the character is basically moving without my input on the map. I thought this was a joycon issue so I sent my left controller in for repair, but afterwards I'm having the same problem.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

RealityWarCriminal posted:

I'd buy Earthbound as a standalone title. I do not look forward to when the nintendo online emulator servers are shut down.

I'd be more worried about the day that the Switch 2 comes out, but for some reason NSO launches with just Mario Bros and Zelda again as they slow drip feed us all of the same games all over again for reasons.

Harrow posted:

I'm actually more interested in 48 more courses for MK8 than I would be in MK9, I think, if only because MK8 looks and plays so good that I'm not sure what could be improved for a hypothetical MK9 other than "more tracks."

I mean, new tracks will be nice. But at least there are 11 tracks to pull from Mario Kart Tour that I am sure nobody here has played, and tons of old tracks that I haven't played since they were released on the GBA or whatever that will feel like they are new

New characters and karts/parts to unlock would be nice, as well as some new battle arenas. Maybe some new weapons.

48 remade tracks is going to be loving fantastic though, and it is definitely going to get me to pick up Mario Kart 8 again regularly with each wave, which I haven't done in a while.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also i'm always super glad to see any old Namco stuff get re-released so i am all for Klonoa

one of the last Namco arcade re-releases with some less played stuff like Sky Kid and Rolling Thunder were cool but man i'd kill for something like a classic Ridge Racer collection (including the arcade only games).

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I was feeling kinda low so I played A Short Hike again. It is an excellent game but I did NOT cry at the ending which is not tragic but kind of touching. I am not getting teary eyed typing this either.

Anyone playing Where the Water Tastes Like Wine? I'm having an issue where the character is basically moving without my input on the map. I thought this was a joycon issue so I sent my left controller in for repair, but afterwards I'm having the same problem.

A Short Hike rules, I also didn't feel massive amounts of emotion and nostalgia when playing it.

As far as your joycon issue, I was having a similar one when I played Skyward Sword, the cursor would drift to the right when I looked at the map. But it only happened in that game, and only when looking at the map. So I went into the controller options in the switch menu and I redid the calibration process and it stopped. So I'd say try that, maybe it will fix the issue.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What did they mean by enhanced soundtrack for chrono cross because god drat how do you improve on perfection

They've replaced all the music with dubstep remixes

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Morpheus posted:

They've replaced all the music with dubstep remixes

Oh god, I just remembered the soundtrack that came with the special edition Zone of the Enders PS3 release, that was all techno remixes

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The Kins posted:

Square did a modern port of Chrono Trigger for PC a few years ago.

They were then immediately shamed into five straight months of patching it into a less offensive shape.

If they do a Switch port, it'll probably be a direct port of that.

Oh weird, almost bought this last night lol. Would it still just be best to emulate this?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Wait is that CT port 16:9??

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Inzombiac posted:

Very excited for everyone to realize that Chrono Cross is actually pretty drat good and deserves love.

Local Poster Passionate Defender Of What They Think Chrono Cross Actually Is.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Now give me Bahamut Lagoon and Treasure of the Rudras to round out the catalogue, oh and remakes of all the other Quintet hits like Soul Blazer and Terranigma, kthxpls.

Just please do a better job than the Actraiser remake because that one looks ugly as hell.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Apparently Xenoblade 3 is going to bridge the otherwise unconnected 1 and 2, but before that, yeah.

You never actually played Xenoblade 2, I see.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Khanstant posted:

Oh weird, almost bought this last night lol. Would it still just be best to emulate this?

Iirc the DS version is really good if you have one

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Iirc the DS version is really good if you have one

the DS port is incredible, one of the best games i've ever played and for sure the best JRPG

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

You never actually played Xenoblade 2, I see.

Isn't it only really shown at the end?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

you should buy the original snes cartidge of chrono trigger to show your dedication to nintendo and square

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Bahaha I think Xenoblade loving sucks rear end I've bought 2 and it was one of my worst switch purchases ever. However am thinking I may not hate 1 and have been very tempted to pay full price for it

What the gently caress is it with this franchise that makes me want to burn my money? Maybe I'm just remembering some of the good games monolith made back in the day and I'm hoping against hope that one of them will be good again

Anyways ya xbc sucks, 2 is really really bad and mmo combat will never be "good"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mister Facetious posted:

It's all of them:

Oh my god I thought it was per pack. Here I was thinking they set an extreme price to say, "Just get a loving sub you rear end in a top hat."

Granted, I have a sub so I'm good either way.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

We need to go back to the time when DLC for console games came on a DVD packaged in a magazine.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
What's a magazine/what's a dvd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you should buy the original snes cartidge of chrono trigger to show your dedication to nintendo and square

True they would definitely love the $0 that they would make from that purchase