Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Is mk8 digital ever going to go on sale again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Evil Fluffy posted:

You never actually played Xenoblade 2, I see.

The more accurate statement is that I only played Xenoblade 2. :v:

Meanwhile, the Actraiser remake does make me kind of sad, so maybe I shouldn't be tempting the monkey's paw on more Quintet re-releases.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Harrow posted:

I'm actually more interested in 48 more courses for MK8 than I would be in MK9, I think, if only because MK8 looks and plays so good that I'm not sure what could be improved for a hypothetical MK9 other than "more tracks."

I’d love to see Double Dash mechanics return, or item selection (no blue shells plz)

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

slave to my cravings posted:

It's on sale right now. Maybe just in the UK/Europe?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

slave to my cravings posted:

Right now in PAL land!

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/02/nintendos-huge-switch-sale-begins-more-than-1000-games-discounted

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Surprising amount of people went away thinking that Nintendo was charging $200 for DLC from an 8 year old game.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

The funniest thing Nintendo could do is sell the DLC on the Wii U.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

$25 per wave would be consistent with the fighter pass pricing for Smash Bros Ultimate, so I kind of get the confusion. The better comparison is that each wave in the MK8 pass = one fighter in the Smash Bros passes.

48 courses for $24.99 is sweet, that’s basically an entire new game’s worth of tracks. MK9 would have been cool but MK8 might already be perfect gameplay wise, the only thing they could really do is add a gimmick like a sequel to Double Dash.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Nintendo's next system will launch with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: Deluxe.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Oh nice the huge MK8 track pack should push some more folks towards the online play!

so many tracks it's basically another drat game lol

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas posted:

Oh nice the huge MK8 track pack should push some more folks towards the online play!

so many tracks it's basically another drat game lol

I wonder if they'll come with ghosts and time trials and such. I spent a fair bit of time beating all those to get the golden whatever unlocked from that task.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Mario Kart dlc? Great. Now fix Mario Kart TV so I can replay random online races again!!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KingSlime posted:

Bahaha I think Xenoblade loving sucks rear end I've bought 2 and it was one of my worst switch purchases ever. However am thinking I may not hate 1 and have been very tempted to pay full price for it

What the gently caress is it with this franchise that makes me want to burn my money? Maybe I'm just remembering some of the good games monolith made back in the day and I'm hoping against hope that one of them will be good again

Anyways ya xbc sucks, 2 is really really bad and mmo combat will never be "good"

Condolences for your bad taste in video games.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

The more accurate statement is that I only played Xenoblade 2. :v:

Did you skip the late/end game cutscenes? Or the ending cutscene? It's pretty hard to miss otherwise. Especially since the late game cutscenes include Rex and the party talking to the Architect with the sounds of Shulk and his team fighting his other half in their own timeline. That cutscene won't mean as much if you didn't play XC1 but hearing that stuff happen in the background during the XC2 cutscene was pretty neat.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

after sleeping on it a bit I feel like Switch Sports Online has massive gamer's implications

thinking of all the goofballs in my life who could consistently bowl 300 games and what will happen now that these people can play each other online. the nation's dads will be in a fever pitch

wii sports 3 seems pretty neat. it'll probably be good and pick up a decent amount of traction as a streamer party game

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

This is somehow even more frustrating

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I tried this Earthbound game and it seems like an Undertale ripoff???

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Why do people call Xenoblade MMO it’s doesn’t have any MMO trappings outside the first one having a lot of side quests?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Earthbound is a prequel starring Sans Undertale when they were still alive

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's clearly a Homestuck fangame. It's right in the name!

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

$25 per wave would be consistent with the fighter pass pricing for Smash Bros Ultimate, so I kind of get the confusion. The better comparison is that each wave in the MK8 pass = one fighter in the Smash Bros passes.

48 courses for $24.99 is sweet, that’s basically an entire new game’s worth of tracks. MK9 would have been cool but MK8 might already be perfect gameplay wise, the only thing they could really do is add a gimmick like a sequel to Double Dash.

Some new characters would be nice too

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why do people call Xenoblade MMO it’s doesn’t have any MMO trappings outside the first one having a lot of side quests?

The combat kind of resembles MMO combat on a surface level and the areas are big i guess

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

MK9 would have been cool but MK8 might already be perfect gameplay wise, the only thing they could really do is add a gimmick like a sequel to Double Dash.

They got an actual-elimination multiplayer mode yet?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

American McGay posted:

Surprising amount of people went away thinking that Nintendo was charging $200 for DLC from an 8 year old game.

id pay it

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Regarding Resident Evil: Revelations 2, I love the game's raid mode but I really don't want to go through the campaign again (Played it to death on PC).

Is there a way to bypass playing the campaign to thus unlock more raid things, at all?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Andrast posted:

The combat kind of resembles MMO combat on a surface level and the areas are big i guess

Yeah, I'm not sure how the combat does not resemble an MMO, I'm not an expert on them. I'll be fair but it plays almost exactly like world of Warcraft combat doesn't it?

I'm more into either turn-based or actual action

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Because in addition to the cooldown-styled combat being very MMO-like, XBX was absolutely designed with MMO gameplay in mind and scaled back drastically to give us the half-finished game we got.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Because in addition to the cooldown-styled combat being very MMO-like, XBX was absolutely designed with MMO gameplay in mind and scaled back drastically to give us the half-finished game we got.

But that’s one game and out of the three probably the one very few has played

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Look at any 30 second clip of Xenoblade Chronicles 1 combat. I think you would have to go out of your way to say that does not look like an MMO especially compared to 99% of RPGs out there

But the point about what it does or does not resemble is moot because that's not the only bad thing about the games in my opinion. I couldn't stomach the art in 2 and the in game graphics are really ugly in handheld. I figured I would at least enjoy exploring the giant world but it was too yucky and blurred

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
People say its MMO gameplay because you have an auto attack lol

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wish Xenoblade had turn based combat. XC2 was flashy enough to keep my interest and had a team building element that kept it fresh but XC1 is pretty boring on the combat front and I always lose interest six hours in. I’ll be interested to see how XC3 advances things

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Oh man yeah they ported Xenoblade to the 3DS

You needed a "New" 3DS which had just enough horsepower over the original to make it sorta work- there were a few other games that used/required the extra power as well but not that many

Hyrule Warriors was another one I think

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

People say its MMO gameplay because you have an auto attack lol

I guess it doesn't help that every game I've played with auto attack has been unsatisfying and bad. Makes me think of mmos, mobas, and cheap mobile experiences

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

gently caress.

Kid was playing Minecraft, which I have to say is the buggiest piece of poo poo software on the Switch, good god. Anyway, it crashed, and hung on the "closing software" error screen for probably 20 minutes. I held the power button down, and even the power down menu options were greyed out.

So I held down the power button longer which force shut down the Switch.

And now I can't turn it on.

Help!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

Oh man yeah they ported Xenoblade to the 3DS

You needed a "New" 3DS which had just enough horsepower over the original to make it sorta work- there were a few other games that used/required the extra power as well but not that many

Hyrule Warriors was another one I think

fire emblem warriors was new 3ds only, hyrule warriors wasn't exclusive but played like absolute poo poo on the normal 3ds

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

gently caress.

Kid was playing Minecraft, which I have to say is the buggiest piece of poo poo software on the Switch, good god. Anyway, it crashed, and hung on the "closing software" error screen for probably 20 minutes. I held the power button down, and even the power down menu options were greyed out.

So I held down the power button longer which force shut down the Switch.

And now I can't turn it on.

Help!

Have you tried plugging it directly into the AC adapter? I think some combination of it unplugged/plugged in and 20 seconds of holding the power button is supposed to be a hard reset.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yea, XBX's multiplayer and online features feel very much like an MMO plan was in place and then ripped out.

XC2's Blade system feels like the design team had only played micro transaction games and didn't know that not all games were like that, I have no idea why they decided to put a gacha system with abysmal pull rates in their single-player JRPG.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

48 courses for $24.99 is sweet, that’s basically an entire new game’s worth of tracks.

It's actually closer to three games worth of tracks since pretty much every Mario Kart game previously always had 16 tracks per game.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The Direct was so good that I forgot to complain that Donkey Kong really is just dead and buried, huh

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://twitter.com/nintendufus/status/1491819424441114626?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

"The Kins" posted:

Square did a modern port of Chrono Trigger for PC a few years ago.

They were then immediately shamed into five straight months of patching it into a less offensive shape.

Lol, I didn't mind that UI for the phone version, but wild they just try to straight up port that UI to PC.