Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

CharlestonJew posted:

They all died as soon as they got hit with a Serious Move though. ENW ain't getting back up

Orochi survived in a hosed-up state long enough to get absorbed into Psykorochi. Boros was alive but didn't have enough energy left to regenerate and passed away shortly thereafter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I get that ONE wants to have more scenes of these fun characters bouncing off each other but I would've set some beats aside for maybe a bonus chapter. Those already tend the be my favorite parts of the Murata-collab version because they're by necessity focused stories that have their own pace. You're discouraged from narrative overindulgence when you're trying to fit a whole story, plus punchline, in a smaller package.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

They all died as soon as they got hit with a Serious Move though. ENW ain't getting back up

He’s water, he’s getting back up. They either need to evaporate it, or transport it to space or something. Or Maybe Pig God can use a nice tall glass to go with his spaghetti? But we’ve only seen him eat impossible things, so maybe this would just make him drown. Pig God was still around and underway after saving those mercenaries right? Or am I misremembering?

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Brandfarlig posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot: The giant monster that got one punched by Saitama is definitely not dead. This is a sensible conclusion to reach in a series called loving ONE PUNCH MAN.

I don't know, I thought it might be reasonable to believe that Saitama might have trouble defeating the entire ocean. Just trying to add to the discussion, not upset anyone.

But since you feel so strongly about this, I'll let you spit in my face and call me a loser if my prediction ends up being wrong...

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's called Onepunch-Man not Onepunchexceptagainstheocean-Man!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Jimbot posted:

It's also one punch to defeat his opponent, not necessarily kill them. Probably.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Jimbot posted:

pik_d posted:

It's also one punch to defeat his opponent, not necessarily kill them. Probably.

It just says he punches once, any outcome is possible. If you survive, he can never punch you again.

There's no limit to kicks though.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Shadow0 posted:

It just says he punches once, any outcome is possible. If you survive, he can never punch you again.

There's no limit to kicks though.

That sounds like some power that would be in HunterXHunter.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Large Evil Liquid isn't dead, because it retreated into a tiny form, which Saitama will keep in an aquarium as another member of his growing hero-harem.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Considering the level of destruction he achieves, Saitama could probably boil the ocean with the heat generated by him serious clapping his hands

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
I think the ocean died because its eyes were separated and they have to be connected by water or die. Saitama split the ocean so they weren't and now it's dead.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ocean Evil Water is defeated, because it only reacts to beings he can detect as powerful and hostile and after Saitama's punch, its senses were overloaded to the point that it can't sense (and thus attack) anything less powerful than Saitama. So Ocean Evil Water turned to Ocean Normal Water, just with bunch of freaky eyes floating somewhere in depths.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Raws: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3269754496750858664

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Dannnng

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Translation:

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/KY4QHoz/1/1/

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Fantastic

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I am slightly annoyed that there's an in-universe explanation for why Metal Bat can keep up other than just fighting spirit, but it does make sense. Just feels like pandering to power scaling dorks.

Metal Bat fuckin owns though and so does his bff Garou

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I feel like I’m done with this centipede.

But Garou and Metal Bat are a couple now right? They’re great.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

pik_d posted:

I am slightly annoyed that there's an in-universe explanation for why Metal Bat can keep up other than just fighting spirit, but it does make sense. Just feels like pandering to power scaling dorks.

did i miss something that said metal bats power is not pure shounen fighting spirit?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Darth TNT posted:

I feel like I’m done with this centipede.

But Garou and Metal Bat are a couple now right? They’re great.

They are very cute yes

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Jerkface posted:

did i miss something that said metal bats power is not pure shounen fighting spirit?

Page 34-36 essentially says Garou powered up Metal Bat (and also himself) through the power of bff resonance

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

pik_d posted:

Page 34-36 essentially says Garou powered up Metal Bat (and also himself) through the power of bff resonance

Ah, a powerful combo

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
What if we hit him really hard, together?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was the power of two hot boys flirting

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I wonder if in the upcoming volume we'll get a redrawn chapter that better sets up Sage Centipede. I think there will have to be a redraw that explains how Oorochi turns into the goo that eventually fuses with Psykos, so it might make sense to introduce him there so that his appearance doesn't seem quite so out of nowhere.

It would be a bit like how the Saitama vs Oorochi redraw set up the lore of God and the sacrifice.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Bucswabe posted:

I wonder if in the upcoming volume we'll get a redrawn chapter that better sets up Sage Centipede. I think there will have to be a redraw that explains how Oorochi turns into the goo that eventually fuses with Psykos, so it might make sense to introduce him there so that his appearance doesn't seem quite so out of nowhere.

It would be a bit like how the Saitama vs Oorochi redraw set up the lore of God and the sacrifice.

I don't really think so tho? The centipedes have already been shown to have always been hibernating in the earth and a new one just pops up. The emergence of a sage centipede made perfect sense to me in that context. Like if they kill this guy and then ANOTHER one popped out of the moon or the earth's core or whatever, I'd be unsurprised.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's centipedes all the way down, and they're all assholes

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

God is also a centipede

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
I think I'm missing something- on page 20 what are they freaked out/embarrassed about in the last two panels?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Sefer posted:

I think I'm missing something- on page 20 what are they freaked out/embarrassed about in the last two panels?

Hes out of ammo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it was the power of two hot boys flirting

Finally, a power to surpass Saitama's :aaa:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sefer posted:

Jerkface posted:

Hes out of ammo

What this dude says, it's a thing that happens to him (happened to him like five years ago when the assorted A ~ C heroes were fighting the Monster Association lackeys during the beginning phase of the rescue mission).

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Jerkface posted:

I don't really think so tho? The centipedes have already been shown to have always been hibernating in the earth and a new one just pops up. The emergence of a sage centipede made perfect sense to me in that context. Like if they kill this guy and then ANOTHER one popped out of the moon or the earth's core or whatever, I'd be unsurprised.

Yeah I agree that it's not completely out of nowhere, but it feels like there is something missing. His emergence seemed to be connected to Oorochi being mushed up at the alter site.

Story-wise, I personally find it more engaging when you as the reader can be "keeping score" with the various players on the board, which was so great during the cadres fight. So a new bad guy feels less impactful somehow.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pik_d posted:

Yeah it's actually baked into the universe that team/combo attacks are a multiplicative increase in power. And it continues to be true, Bang and Bomb cracking all of Elder Centipede's exoskeleton, them fighting Rover once Fubuki eliminated the strains of aging from the both of them, here with One-Shotter and Gearspar taking out this new Centipede's eyes together.

It's rad as hell, it's like Dragon Ball Z/ Digimon fusion!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Gologle posted:

It's centipedes all the way down, and they're all assholes

This is exactly it. It's much funnier for every new big bad to just be a bigger centipede. Like, we thought for a second that Black Sperm and so them were gonna be the biggest threats, but then what do you know, Even Bigger Centipede.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Congrats to that one dude who only need a bit of help to land a shot on a target the size of a small country. Seriously, from that perspective it would be harder not to hit that thing.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

cant cook creole bream posted:

Congrats to that one dude who only need a bit of help to land a shot on a target the size of a small country. Seriously, from that perspective it would be harder not to hit that thing.

He was aiming for the eyes

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

pik_d posted:

While I also prefer the joke that it's just fighting spirit this still holds okay. It opens the door for silly speculation. What if he fights with Saitama? or King!? I don't honestly care technically but the idea he can also essentially gain power from... friends(?) is very suiting for him.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I appreciate that the B team is still doing their all to help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
What are you guys talking about? How is it somehow mutually exclusive being more powerful because of fighting spirit and two people lifting each other up? Metal Bat gets his individual power from fighting spirit but his individual power works well with Garou's individual power to make a team stronger than its parts.