Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Whoreson Welles posted:

Wow that’s… super loving annoying. I purposefully didn’t buy a pack because I wasn’t sure if the game would hook me but I still wanted to play with goons.

Is this pretty much forcing my hand if I still want to get in a goon guild?

You can play with anyone in the region no matter what server you're on. Being on the exact server is only required for guild benefits which are ???.

Harrow posted:

I find myself badly wishing this game had a version of Diablo 3's Adventure mode for leveling instead of questing. I know Lost Ark is not at all A Diablo despite superficial resemblances but man I just find myself wishing I could run dungeons and smash things to level instead of running around clicking through dialogue, even if it's still not taking a ton of time. The combat's a blast and I feel like all the questing is just getting in the way of the part I want to do.

God yes. Every game vaguely in this genre NEEDS adventure mode leveling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Substandard posted:

I went through about 2 hours in a row last night of just doing the most mind numbing quests running back and forth delivering crap and going through stronghold quests, etc. shortly after prince crowning around level 31ish. I think I killed about 2 dozen guys total in that time. Collecting bear asses would have been a huge improvement.

But then I did a pretty cool group dungeon and seem to be back to mowing through guys by the dozen, so I'm back onboard.

I do wish the guild support was better. We have a bunch of full guilds of goons on una, but they all cap at 30 people so at the moment it's like 10-15 people on at any one time and everyone is a different level. It's pretty quiet out there in Atrocious most of the time. It'd be nice to chat with everyone without having to alt-tab out to discord. I guess I could turn the discord overlay back on and solve part of that problem, but 30 is a stupidly low guild cap to start with.

I hit that at the end of of an eight hour day of playing and I'm glad I got it done that night because at the end I did not want to play anymore.

but I woke up refreshed and ready to dive back in.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Why is it full or something?

Yes.
All the servers on this list will be inaccessible to people who don't pay $15bux to get in early.

Gyoru posted:

They're blocking new characters on most of the popular servers when the game launches officially at midnight :rip:

https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1491875972693442576
https://forums.playlostark.com/t/character-creation-limits-and-additional-servers/61597

The following servers will have character creation limits put in place:

NA West
Mari
Valtan

NA East
Azena
Una
Regulus
Avesta

EU Central
Kadan
Trixion
Thirain
Zinnervale
Asta

This character creation limit will remain in place for the foreseeable future, and we will provide an update when it is eventually removed.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yes.
All the servers on this list will be inaccessible to people who don't pay $15bux to get in early.

fuckkkk youuuuu (bezos)

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Flair posted:

Sorry to tell you this, but it is already past 1:45 PM PT (9:45 PM UTC). The limits are probably in place already.

Oh poo poo I misread it and thought it was going into effect overnight. Welp guess that made the decision for me.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Bussamove posted:

Welp, shouldn’t have claimed that 100k silver from twitch drops I guess because now for sure my IRL friends are gonna roll somewhere other than Mari.

100k silver isnt much in the grand scheme of things. I'm pushing about a million and thats nothing.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yes.

There is no more "will". It has already come to past:

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.
There's no good option, but if F2P goons can not dedicate to a server for like a week, just try things out and see if this a temporary stop gap, I think that would be best. Currently we'd need extra guild organizers in all 3 regions to handle people trying to setup new homes on different server, which if you wanna do that great, and I can help get you guys setup in the Discord. But speaking for NA East, that's not something I want to add to our current load of too many guilds because of this terrible player cap. No good options for this poo poo sandwich.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

DurosKlav posted:

100k silver isnt much in the grand scheme of things. I'm pushing about a million and thats nothing.

I suppose even without that or the 10k from the bronze back from login bonuses and leveling in general I have 25k already and I've barely done anything, but it feels bad. :v:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Anyone else playing on Steam and getting achievements that they're way underqualified for? One that I unlocked is getting 500 cards when I have like a dozen at most.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Anyone else playing on Steam and getting achievements that they're way underqualified for? One that I unlocked is getting 500 cards when I have like a dozen at most.

I got the one for 40,000 basic attacks at level 11 which seems... not accurate.

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.

gandlethorpe posted:

Steam achievements are incredibly inaccurate for whatever reason across the board. Both in getting them too early, and then ones that are really easy showing 0.1% player base completion, while others have more accurate numbers. Whole implementation is borked.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i wonder if they actually care about inappropriate names. i guess i'll find out eventually

settled on artillerist and i just want to kill things, stop making me "quest" and "talk to people" and "hit G"

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Don't know if this is the place to ask, so I'll delete it if asked... here goes:

I don't get paid til the 16th, if a US Goon wanted to gift me a Gold Founders Pack I'd pay for it plus a finders fee on 2/16.

I really like that wolf mount :saddowns:

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
The wolf mount is only in the platinum pack

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The Steam achievements have the descriptions of the final tier of an in-game achievement but are awarded when you get the first tier.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

Substandard posted:

lol get wrecked newb

edit: poor newb*

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
There’s a wolf mount that’s available as a drop from chaos maps too. Not sure how rare it is but I got it today so I’m either very lucky or it’s not that rare

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Substandard posted:

Oh poo poo, well that's unfortunate. I'm not looking for a $99 pack lol.

Offer still stands for the Gold pack though.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

you get a white direwolf mount in one of the later level 50 main story questlines anyway

it's the same model except one head

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Has anyone figured out guild weekly tasks? I understand the core concept of "Try Hunting" but the specific objectives have no description and items like Rough/Common/Fine Leather don't have a defined source.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

admanb posted:

Has anyone figured out guild weekly tasks? I understand the core concept of "Try Hunting" but the specific objectives have no description and items like Rough/Common/Fine Leather don't have a defined source.

It's just 'hunt 20 times' but you can't complete it as a new guild member (which everyone is because the servers haven't been online long enough for anyone not to be).

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Seems like the queues on Una at least have disappeared if I'm not getting any right now at peak time. If it's closed for new characters hopefully we won't encounter much tomorrow.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
hit 50 an hour or so ago. absolutely LOVED the weird steampunk zone and dungeons. what a silly game!!!

pet drops open up for me tomorrow if you tune into my twitch. thank you to those who have stopped by and said hi. i know i’m bad at twitch chat because i have been so focused on leveling, but i really appreciate it! :3:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is the power pass available once you get a character to level 50?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pragmatica posted:

hit 50 an hour or so ago. absolutely LOVED the weird steampunk zone and dungeons. what a silly game!!!

pet drops open up for me tomorrow if you tune into my twitch. thank you to those who have stopped by and said hi. i know i’m bad at twitch chat because i have been so focused on leveling, but i really appreciate it! :3:

I watched you get there! :3: it was fun. I am going to be streaming tonight.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I do like the way things explode in this

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Is the power pass available once you get a character to level 50?

You need to complete the main quest chain in the area where chaos gates unlock to get your first

But I guess I can’t use mine for a while since now the server is closed

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

RIP i bought the platinum founders edition but haven't had time to play until this afternoon and was apparently too late to join before they closed off character creation on the server my friends (and goons) are on. That's what I get for buying the game on Amazon instead of Steam where I could get a refund.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Also, at the top of the list of things I wish I knew earlier, you can get almost a full 20 books of class specialization engravings if you do the purple quest chains from the king guy (theinan?) before moving off the first continent. So like around lvl 35. The last few books needed to unlock the bonus can be found on the next continent. Those can be a pretty huge bonus depending on the class and I was lvl 50+ before going back to mop those up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Good Citizen posted:

You need to complete the main quest chain in the area where chaos gates unlock to get your first

But I guess I can’t use mine for a while since now the server is closed

You can make new characters but new users wont be able to.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Those insects. :cry:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
This game is fun but if has that AGS/new world smell to it. I can't put my finger on it. The enemies not agroing me and giving 6 xp and then quests giving 15k xp is a little :thunk:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitch.tv/omgitsbees streaming more tonight! Hoping to make it to level 50. :toot:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

This game is fun but if has that AGS/new world smell to it. I can't put my finger on it. The enemies not agroing me and giving 6 xp and then quests giving 15k xp is a little :thunk:

AGS only localized + published it. The actual programming/development was done by Smilegate in Korea.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

I'm confused, would you rather a lot more of the XP needed to level be tied up in grinding mobs?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Why do games with really varied and weird locations always insist on making the first zone the most generic fantasy land possible?

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner

Gwaihir posted:

I'm confused, would you rather a lot more of the XP needed to level be tied up in grinding mobs?
Isn't that the appeal of ARPGs? Just slamming groups of mobs and watching numbers go up?

If all of the XP is in quests it sounds like level progression is much closer to WoW or FFXIV than it is a typical ARPG.

For anyone playing from Australia, what's the latency looking like during early access?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I'm still debating between gunlancer and paladin, but I'm leaning more towards gunlancer. It's very slow to start with but it seems more active and flexible in terms of support than paladin.
From all I've seen, paladin support comes in way late in the game and it's just pressing one button from time to time, while gunlancer has an interrupt, a counter move and other stuff too including 2 viable builds.

The Gripper posted:

Isn't that the appeal of ARPGs? Just slamming groups of mobs and watching numbers go up?

If all of the XP is in quests it sounds like level progression is much closer to WoW or FFXIV than it is a typical ARPG.

For anyone playing from Australia, what's the latency looking like during early access?

That's why people in this thread and elsewhere have been trying to warn for a long time, that even though it uses an isometric view, this is not an arpg.

edit: It's even stated there in the op. It should probably be put as a disclaimer in all caps and sirens.

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
i got you