Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

And entire loving apartment for $6300? Am I reading that right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

lmao not only is he dumb af but also racist af

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

i have been literally laughing my rear end off for a solid minute at this

loving ethered

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

XMNN posted:

I'm sure 5000 troops will definitely stop an actual russian invasion doing the Courland pocket at 100x speed

also I thought troop mobilisations near borders were an unacceptable act of aggression and escalation??

Remember those very brave 7000 who still had to rely on the Taliban to secure an airport and still ended up doing war crimes anyway

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cpt_Obvious posted:

And entire loving apartment for $6300? Am I reading that right?

Just hope the national radiator schedule matches the outside temperature because north of Harbin is hell on Earth 5 months out of the year. I lived in north central China for several years and the radiators almost always came on a little late and end a little too early. The AQI seems good but everywhere around it is London Fog levels.

It's 4 hours from Harbin so it's kind of like talking up the affordable housing in Eureka, NV or some other place in the middle of nowhere. I can understand the desire but good luck finding a career worth doing.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://www.ft.com/content/3e585fd7-4fe3-4b77-af33-e8481fc2e911

China’s vaping queen is dethroned as Beijing targets tobacco
Xi Jinping’s reform campaign will be tested by state interests in $235bn industry

Sichuanese vaping queen Chu Lam Yiu has amassed almost $8bn filling the lungs of Chinese smokers over 25 years.

But her fortune went up in smoke after Chinese officials detained her in January.

Chu, a reclusive billionaire in her early fifties who lived in Hong Kong, started her tobacco flavouring business in 1996 and built her empire across China. However, her reign was cut short when she was placed under investigation for “suspected disciplinary violations”, according to a statement released by her company Huabao.

She is being held in “residential surveillance”, a form of off-grid detention used by the Chinese Communist party and criticised by human rights groups for lacking due process. Her son, Lam Ka Yu, who was educated in the US and the UK and is in his late 20s, was also detained.

Huabao manufacturers flavours and fragrances for tobacco, food and personal products. More than $5bn has been wiped off the value of two of the group’s listed companies since it disclosed the investigation.

The sudden downfall of Chu, one of China’s richest self-made women, is the latest example of how President Xi Jinping’s rejuvenated graft crackdown is increasingly targeting not only corrupt officials but also the entrepreneur class that has fuelled the country’s economic growth.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBJL0pe3mBs

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The white man can't cook OP.

This reminded me about Gordon Ramsay shamelessly challenged a random food hawker selling food for $3 some 10 years ago in Singapore

what an complete dirtbag rear end in a top hat

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

HiroProtagonist posted:

i have been literally laughing my rear end off for a solid minute at this

loving ethered

I was just texting a friend about this and autocorrect turned what would have been a bog standard joke into something incredible

quote:

I think we should normalize relations with Chi- *Enes slams open the nearest door* "HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE YOGURT CRISIS?"

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

mila kunis posted:

She is being held in “residential surveillance”, a form of off-grid detention used by the Chinese Communist party and criticised by human rights groups for lacking due process.

...house arrest?

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

HiroProtagonist posted:

I was just texting a friend about this and autocorrect turned what would have been a bog standard joke into something incredible

lol

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
has anyone in here seen How Yukong Moved the Mountains? is it any good?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Palladium posted:

Remember those very brave 7000 who still had to rely on the Taliban to secure an airport and still ended up doing war crimes anyway

Lol ya

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1491938276986527746

quote:

"The United States continues to urge the Taliban to allow unhindered humanitarian access, safe conditions for humanitarians, independent provision of assistance to all vulnerable people and freedom of movement for aid workers of all genders," a press release stated at the time. "We will continue to work to alleviate the suffering of the Afghan people and call on other donors to continue to contribute to this international response."

The U.S., however, is under growing pressure to unfreeze Afghanistan's assets. The Taliban met with western diplomats from the U.S., Britain, France, Italy and Norway in January during a series of closed-door meetings in Oslo to discuss the humanitarian crisis affecting millions of Afghans.

It marked the first official talks since the group seized power six months ago.

"We are requesting them to unfreeze Afghan assets and not punish ordinary Afghans because of the political discourse," Taliban delegate Shafiullah Azam told The Associated Press on Jan. 23. "Because of the starvation, because of the deadly winter, I think it's time for the international community to support Afghans, not punish them because of their political disputes."

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

thatfatkid posted:

so jealous right now. pleased Chairman Xi liberate my people

$6300 for an apartment Jesus Christ

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Lol https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1491863847996731395

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
the very credible factual reporting known as "sources"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 minutes!

Palladium posted:

This reminded me about Gordon Ramsay shamelessly challenged a random food hawker selling food for $3 some 10 years ago in Singapore

what an complete dirtbag rear end in a top hat

They're all dickheads. There was an iron chef between Masaharu Morimoto and Bobby Flay, and before they even had the food tasting Flay was jumping on the counters and celebrating his assumed victory. After he lost he blamed the kitchen space for making him lose.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

AnimeIsTrash posted:

They're all dickheads. There was an iron chef between Masaharu Morimoto and Bobby Flay, and before they even had the food tasting Flay was jumping on the counters and celebrating his assumed victory. After he lost he blamed the kitchen space for making him lose.

Lol I wanna hear his thoughts about how a classical housewife defeated Chen Kenichi in the same show then

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

HiroProtagonist posted:

WHATS WRONG WITH THE YOGURT?? :ohdear:

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Mister Bates posted:

i've only seen part of it, but it was very good, I referenced a clip of it in a conversation with someone a few months ago

the organization of Chinese factory floors was intended to be instructional but as it turned out, it

well, you can imagine american syndicalists and how they would react

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Just hope the national radiator schedule matches the outside temperature because north of Harbin is hell on Earth 5 months out of the year. I lived in north central China for several years and the radiators almost always came on a little late and end a little too early. The AQI seems good but everywhere around it is London Fog levels.

It's 4 hours from Harbin so it's kind of like talking up the affordable housing in Eureka, NV or some other place in the middle of nowhere. I can understand the desire but good luck finding a career worth doing.

just work from home. ticket closed.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 minutes!
https://twitter.com/AnnQuann/status/1490995634014683139?cxt=HHwWhoDU8aSoirEpAAAA

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Mister Bates posted:

yes it rules

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

You could own a cheaper, bigger and nicer place in wonderful Saginaw, Michigan.

Just a few miles from the previous location of the historic Saginaw "Beans" sign.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I didn't even realize it until other people posted about it and I realized that's the price to buy the apartment. I assumed it was monthly or yearly rent or something

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

the jupiterian god king does not share of his vitae

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Top City Homo posted:

the jupiterian god king does not share of his vitae

that does not square with everything i know of jupiter

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

no. not for anything ever

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Ghost Leviathan posted:

we need to revive the CSPAM macron hate thread

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You're confusing Jupiter with Zeus. It's a pretty common (but false) narrative that the Roman religion is just the Greek religion with the names swapped but that's categorically untrue. You'd never see Jupiter shapeshifting to get it on with a human, he was aloof and only communicated through lightning and manipulating the flights of birds.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Top City Homo posted:

we need to revive the CSPAM macron hate thread

there are too many people to hate and not enough bandwidth

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Mantis42 posted:

there are too many people to hate and not enough bandwidth

https://www.politico.eu/article/emmanuel-macron-jupiter-model-unlikely-to-stand-test-of-time-leadership-parliamentary-majority/

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1491585181081382914?s=20&t=CysyZ7H9MPruldCosSl-bw
:thunk:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I wonder who was responsible for that climate, New York Times.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

.....and now, back to coverage of the BEIJING GENOCIDE GAMES

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
The biggest thing that gets my goat about the libs and lefties who are now crying on youtube to protect ukraine from russia is that they never once gave a flying gently caress about protecting people from fascism when the victims arent white but NO suddenly magically now that the situation has come home to roost in europe and now that it's nice white christians who are gonna get the boot NOW it's time intervene NOW its OK for crazed rightwing foreign fighters to pour into ukraine from europe and NOW democracy must be protected just complete unbelievable hypocrites.

Either be anti-intervention or dont, either be consistent with protecting other peoples 'freedoms' or dont.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 09:05 on Feb 11, 2022

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

The biggest thing that gets my goat about the libs and lefties who are now crying on youtube to protect ukraine from russia is that they never once gave a flying gently caress about protecting people from fascism when the victims arent white but NO suddenly magically now that the situation has come home to roost in europe and now that it's nice white christians who are gonna get the boot NOW it's time intervene NOW its OK for crazed rightwing foreign fighters to pour into ukraine from europe and NOW democracy must be protected just complete unbelievable hypocrites.

Either be anti-intervention or dont, either be consistent with protecting other peoples 'freedoms' or dont.

How ungrateful of you to forget how recently we were saving the world from Islamofascism.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

How ungrateful of you to forget how recently we were saving the world from Islamofascism.

By destroying all hopes for a democratic transition and establishing fascist dictatorships every bit as bad and worse than what an islamofascist state would be and whose torture death camps will be the breeding ground for even crazier terrorists lol.

You cant have islamofascists if you dont have a society *taps head*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Made even more funny when all the pro-nazi monuments are in whitey nations