Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Powerslave port is excellent. Played an hour earlier. It’s great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

A lot of Kingdoms managed to not have their monarch kidnapped by bigger ones. In fact it was pretty rare because you had to be pretty incompetent for it to happen

Seems you just need to be a lot more powerful with more advanced tech. USA never much hesitated to go in somewhere with a weak government and kill or kidnap whoever they wanted. This whole country built on the corpses of princess peaches and toads who didn't stand a chance against biological warfare and steel and guns. Lot of South America as well were/are kind of playgrounds for foreign governments, just these days monarchies are out of fashion but plenty of ways to bully and usurp authority from weaker nations.

Putin's a big bowser too.

Really the Mushroom Kingdom just has the power and influence of your average rainforest tribal structure and mario comes in every once in a while to kind of stave off the inevitable and try and maintain the mushroom kingdom national park of sorts.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Larryb posted:

Yeah, Daisy only ever got kidnapped once

In the case of Daisy, her kidnapping was also from a literal space alien who hypnotized the large majority of Sarasaland into being his minions. Just a complete hostile takeover from outer space.

Super Mario Land was wild.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Odd Wilson posted:

In the case of Daisy, her kidnapping was also from a literal space alien who hypnotized the large majority of Sarasaland into being his minions. Just a complete hostile takeover from outer space.

Super Mario Land was wild.

And if you take the original Super Mario Bros. manual at face value then all those blocks you destroy during the game are actually transformed Mushroom Kingdom citizens.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

flavor.flv posted:

I love time loop games. Being able to go back with the knowledge you have now and avoid making big mistakes in your past gee I don't know that just appeals to me for some reason who knows why 🏳️‍⚧️

i dont get it

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

whaley posted:

i dont get it

I wanted to post at least three different interpretations but I dont wanna get probated

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Any other posts from a week ago you guys are struggling with??

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Yeah I'm trying to install some bollards and I can't get the holes deep enough. I have a whole fence just lying out in the backyard.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Accidentally launching off that giant hill in Mario Kart 64's Rainbow Road was my first instance of "My stomach just dropped like I'm actually falling" that I experienced in a video game.

(I think a lot of people got this with Mirror's Edge.)

Khanstant posted:

Peach, who has basically soft children as her guard and army.

Is this what the Internet meant when they were talking about softbois? :haw:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Postman posted:

Any other posts from a week ago you guys are struggling with??

Yeah people were saying that Banjo Kazooie was on the switch but my local Babbage's didn't have it??

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
if banjo kazooie is on your switch you have bigger problems that require a call to animal control

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Strikers 3 is really a prayer answered. Stoked!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

People say its MMO gameplay because you have an auto attack lol

Baldurs Gate is likewise MMO gameplay, auto attacks plus cooldowns. You can even have multiple people join your online game!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

mandatory lesbian posted:

So like, waluigi pinballs gotta be coming back right

They're bringing back waluigi pinball and the waluigi crotch chop for strikers

Year of Waluigi babeee

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Waluigi Pinball and Airship Fortress will get my $25.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Larryb posted:

Yeah, Daisy only ever got kidnapped once (same with Pauline though she’s not a princess) and Rosalina has never been kidnapped at all to my knowledge

Remember when Daisy slapped Bowser so hard he flew into the sky?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Willo567 posted:

Remember when Daisy slapped Bowser so hard he flew into the sky?

Nope, what game was that?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Feels Villeneuve posted:

how often has any Satelliview poo poo been rereleased lol

The Satellaview-exclusive interquel between Fire Emblems 1 and 3 was included in the remake of FE3 that never made it to the US. That's the only other example I'm aware of.

Also, I'm mainly posting to vent how completely blown away I am that Live A Live, of all games, is getting a fully-voiced remake. Like, for how good it is, the game's practically unknown, so seeing it get not just a remaster, but getting totally redone in a new engine and everything is amazing. Hoping there'll be an option to choose which voices to use, because both casts sound great (not sure who they have on the English side, but the Japanese voice cast is pretty stacked with talent, too). Also sorta hoping there's an option to use the original SNES soundtrack. I'm sure the new arrangements will be great, but Yoko Shimomura really outdid herself with the original tracks, too.

Also, not sure if anyone pointed it out, but the Chrono Cross remaster apparently is going to include an option to make the font all pixel-y, like it was back on the PS1. I appreciate that, because the super-smooth fonts used for SE's various remakes/remasters is always pretty jarring, honestly. Doesn't look right to have the pixel graphics with perfect HD lettering.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
That was the the first time I'd ever even heard of Live A Live.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Same but it looks cool

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So what tracks AREN'T coming back? I posit Luigi's Raceway and the Donkey Kong track from 64, since Luigi's Raceway is as generic as it can get and the donkey kong track has gimmicks that are done better in other also donkey kong themed tracks

EDIT: Are we getting new vehicles and parts

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

I hope Wario Stadium 64 doesn't come back because I know in my heart they'll ruin the big jump that sets you way back if you fall off.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Evil Fluffy posted:

Sure let's ignore the individual skill cooldowns, UI presentation, and everything else.

it has you doing DPS rotations too lol

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1491475574245793799?t=XXjjMvMBpUmabVX1g5YlYw&s=19

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Can’t see all Super Mario Kart courses make it in. They’re simpler and have similar themes.

There are 4 Mario Circuits and 3 Bowser’s castles in the original.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Feels Villeneuve posted:

how often has any Satelliview poo poo been rereleased lol

The Satellaview is a cool old thing. Classic Nintendo and their habit of making gimmick hardware.

This recent Direct has me wondering what BS Zelda and LttP would be like remade. Where would you even start with the timed event stuff?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Larryb posted:

Mario Party 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IRjojsmzQw

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Calaveron posted:

So what tracks AREN'T coming back? I posit Luigi's Raceway and the Donkey Kong track from 64, since Luigi's Raceway is as generic as it can get and the donkey kong track has gimmicks that are done better in other also donkey kong themed tracks

the one with the riverboat?

that one rules, what is wrong with you?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Calaveron posted:

Super Mario Kart has a lot of redundant tracks being the first game and the fact that it's on the SNES, so I don't expect to see multiple variants of a track from SMK to appear (like Donuts Plain 1 or 2). They'll likely just stick with a single variant if they decide to add a track from it.

Similarly, I think they'll only add one Bowser's Castle from Super Circut if they decide to add it, as there's four in the game.

Aside from that, I don't think Moo Moo Farm from 64 will appear, since Moo Moo Meadows is already in

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 11, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nice

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
We gotta go back to the island.

Wuhu Island, from Mario Kart 7.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

There was a third Famicom Detective Club story released on satellaview, maybe Nintendo will revive that one too.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I think they also made a Zelda Satellaview game as well (a 16 bit remake of the first game as I recall), was that any good?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

It made a bit of a splash as one of the higher-profile fan translations by Aeon Genesis. In particular, they added the special touch of having the font change for each chapter to look genre-appropriate. Also of note is the each chapter's characters were designed by a different manga artist of the time (the only one people would likely know offhand is that the creator of Detective Conan, AKA Case Closed, did the designs for the Ninja chapter).

Yapping Eevee did an LP of it, for those who want to take a look and don't mind spoilers.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Larryb posted:

I think they also made a Zelda Satellaview game as well (a 16 bit remake of the first game as I recall), was that any good?

It's interesting:

https://youtu.be/7xRiBfe8NGk

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I can't believe I have to wait a whole 6 weeks before I can play as Vending Machine Kirby

Stupid Elden Ring isn't going to satiate. I need the vending machine Kirby.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Read After Burning posted:

Accidentally launching off that giant hill in Mario Kart 64's Rainbow Road was my first instance of "My stomach just dropped like I'm actually falling" that I experienced in a video game.

(I think a lot of people got this with Mirror's Edge.)

Is this what the Internet meant when they were talking about softbois? :haw:

What a bunch of babies.

As in I feel and am much older than them and that makes me sad.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Not all of them, just the item blocks. That's why stuff pops out and they look mad afterwards. You're mugging them while they're defenceless

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

this triangle strategy demo thinks im gonna read 20 mins+ of text boxes before the first battle. this studio loving hates my guts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Larryb posted:

Mario Party 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IRjojsmzQw