Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Egg Moron posted:

How you fuckers pronouncing lmao anyway?

i pronounce it "a muffled admixture of swear words and sobbing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Finally crack-pinged all the way? Achieved extinction-event consciousness? Can feel it in your bones? Capable of admitting to yourself that the commies were right all along? Able to throw back your head and laugh in the face of the-riddle-of-history solved?

Come chill with other doomheads! Head on over to C-Spam at the Something Awful forums – one of the only places left on the internet where people actually think. And laugh. So many lafs!

Sir I have it on good authority that D&D closes at midnight can you confirm that?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

la meow

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

mdemone posted:

is this Blake Butler?

yes

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

BattleMaster posted:

those kind of cooling towers are not specific to nuclear power plants, they are widely used for coal and oil plants too

Sadly not anymore. It's cheaper to build a massive forced air heat exchanger these days, a bit like a car radiator but the size of a block of flats. Cooling towers are a relic of the glory years when any man, even low born, could build a tower so big it would block out the sun for nearby villages then boil a river in it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

it's maybe a little scary that I called that

maybe cause for personal reflection

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

mdemone posted:

it's maybe a little scary that I called that

maybe cause for personal reflection

whatever else i can't remember i remember was my eye forever

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Oxxidation posted:

whatever else i can't remember i remember was my eye forever

I don't recognize either of these passages but I know it's him. Not from 300,000,000? That's the only one of his I've read and I'm not sure I can stand to read another.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

mdemone posted:

I don't recognize either of these passages but I know it's him. Not from 300,000,000? That's the only one of his I've read and I'm not sure I can stand to read another.

that's from 300 mil, the other is from his short story "we witnessed the advent of a new apocalypse during an episode of friends"

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Yospos? In this, the collapse thread? The end truly is nigh.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Basic Poster posted:

Yospos? In this, the collapse thread? The end truly is nigh.

Lunix! Lomarf!

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

Tempora Mutantur posted:

https://massextinction.events/

I'm going through the menu in the order things are listed, gotta say: I love splif/em's writing, a lot, really cathartic indeed.

Actually mean it for once but

...who among you?!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Oxxidation posted:

that's from 300 mil, the other is from his short story "we witnessed the advent of a new apocalypse during an episode of friends"

Ooof, the guy is clearly CSPAM as hell

wait a minute.

are you him?

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Finally crack-pinged all the way? Achieved extinction-event consciousness? Can feel it in your bones? Capable of admitting to yourself that the commies were right all along? Able to throw back your head and laugh in the face of the-riddle-of-history solved?

Come chill with other doomheads! Head on over to C-Spam at the Something Awful forums – one of the only places left on the internet where people actually think. And laugh. So many lafs!

:hmmyes:

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
we are LAUGHING

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

im crying

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

i’m dancing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lv_qg9iKtA

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

mdemone posted:

Ooof, the guy is clearly CSPAM as hell

wait a minute.

are you him?

lol I wish

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Oxxidation posted:

lol I wish

yeah reading him is like grabbing a live wire

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

mdemone posted:

yeah reading him is like grabbing a live wire

I'm kind of pissed, I was going to start a similar blog but this person is doing it so much better than I could and now all my mojo is gone. :(

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

unironically this

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

l'maoist crack-pingist

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
d&d probed me earlier so i couldnt respond but i mentally pronounce it as l'mao

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Animals extinct
Wonder what fish tasted like
gently caress yourself Ocean

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rime posted:

I'm kind of pissed, I was going to start a similar blog but this person is doing it so much better than I could and now all my mojo is gone. :(

definitely read Blake Butler asap, it's a real fuckin trip and kinda....vindication, in a weird way?

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

mediaphage posted:

d&d probed me earlier so i couldnt respond but i mentally pronounce it as l'mao

"one can't do this"

a forum that denies lols and lmaos, a shameful forum

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook
I can't tell if Jeff is dunking on us or the red blog or neither or both but I feel like I just got a swirly. Not cool.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Mola Yam posted:

"one can't do this"

a forum that denies lols and lmaos, a shameful forum

posting about posting is dumb but it’s so funny because that dude constantly gets into arguments and when you disagree he pulls a “you just don’t understand this” and then literally did that when i pointed it out

lol was the only response

i’d ignore the forum but there are only two space threads and one is mostly only about rockets (the cspam threads i’ve see on poo poo like space or aliens or whatever are loving insane)

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

mediaphage posted:

i’d ignore the forum but there are only two space threads and one is mostly only about rockets (the cspam threads i’ve see on poo poo like space or aliens or whatever are loving insane)

:mad:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i have bridged the two theads and posit we can simply export all the gigatons of excess carbon to the moon

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

It's easier to imagine an end to the world than people doing anything today to prevent a disaster tomorrow.

Basic Poster posted:

I can't tell if Jeff is dunking on us or the red blog or neither or both but I feel like I just got a swirly. Not cool.

With the added perspective into the actual politics of the matter, I can only say :rubby:.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
The people with actual insight into the international politics of the matter tend to be either way less connected to reality, or way more connected to the bottle.

Natural gas is green now!

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
guys

things aren't even that bad yet

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
The local big green movements are one step away from unironically embracing posadism.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

kecske posted:

newscasters should sign off the end of the day with the CO2 ppm, like the monologue at the start of every episode of the snowpiercer series where they say how long the train currently is

I'd like more things like this. We need a larger archaeological record that we knew very well what was going on and how to fix it and just killed ourselves anyways. It will be very poignant for the next sapient race to pick over the ruins.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Is there any way we can flash-preserve a modern American city like Pompeii?

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

la'mayo (im white)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Cup Runneth Over posted:

that should happen on its own as plastic levels increase, its like saran wrapping our hubris

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I've heard good things about the possibilities presented by Mt. Rainier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Not at all. What a ridiculous notion. I mean just basic dome thoughts. C'mon.

However we CAN flash preserve a modem, and we know human survivors will eventually only have 56k dial up.

I'd like to take this opportunity to change the conversation direction to a thing I like to call...

"Deep adaptation"