Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
Never seen that "filled the map" message and I have a monstrous number of hours played in Rimworld. Clean poo poo faster Leal, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Violence is my muse! :black101::black101:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

cugel posted:

Never seen that "filled the map" message and I have a monstrous number of hours played in Rimworld. Clean poo poo faster Leal, lol.

Look, when the game spawns 3 raids within 24 hours, each one having like 40 people, and they're all dropping their weapons, food, medicine and drugs when they die and then drop all their clothing, skin and meat when butchered it fills the map.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Leal posted:

Well isn't that nice!

I've got a friend :unsmith:

Leal posted:

gently caress 'em up Jesse :byodood:

My friend kicks rear end :black101:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Confirmed, i enjoy this

Godna
Feb 4, 2013

Guilty as charged :eng99:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Legion of Tuke'vast 17

I finally get King's final honor, just need to get a piano made. I could invite the stellarch in and end it right now, but we still need to get that third relic. Also I am kinda hoping to get a few more hunt quests to show off.

Oh god why this again? Well before I accept this, I should give King their promotion. Rank 6 psylink will be pretty sweet....

Look at that piano, in all of its ironwood glory! Also I got about half the feasting hall converted to ironwood reliefs. I've set up some of the farmland to grow more ironwood, the traders just can't keep up with demand. At this point King wants their entire house to have fine flooring. I'll need to swap out the parquet flooring with the same fine wooden flooring that the feasting hall has. I'll also need to swap out the marble mosaic tile in their bathroom to fine flooring as well.

For the final permit choice I decide on the janissary squad. Would be nice to get some extra help when it comes to that drat drone quest.

Oh good, it landed closer to colony and not in the river. In fact....

There, now the cowards will have to get close to the drone rather than standing at a distance and plinking at it.

...Unless they spawn on the south side of the map :shepface:

Now that King has a level 6 psylink, I can do this :getin:

I also use the aerodrone salvo to soften up the horde. Of course the very first shot hit the drone directly :doh:

Oh hey its that one holy beam attack, but this time its attacking the enemy. See how you all like it :argh:

I didn't realize that zerk'd enemies will also use their spells against their own people as well.

Yeah that aerodrone strike and holy wrath didn't work out too well with the drone... I did try building a full wall around it but Vichan finishes the hack before the next raid happened. After this the complex was found. Guess this is gonna be a short update :v:

And there we go, all three relics! Borcaller is a cryptoshield that gives some solid defence. As relics are legendary tier this shield provides 172% sharp defense. Everyone IS wearing staballoy armor though... who needs shields?

Now with all 3 relics everyone gets +4 mood when doing any ritual.

God drat the art generator in this game is something else.

Another mechoid cluster dropped and huh, I'm not seeing any mechoids in this. There are 6 drop beacons here, with 5 sealed capsules. But there are no timers nor proximity detectors. I... don't think this will wake up unless I go over and wreck poo poo. Well there is a mortar that will initiate in 2 days. Shame I already used aerodrone salvo earlier.

In other news, I hope King enjoys the new flooring. Especially the fine gold flooring in the bathroom. No one will know if you missed!

.... Uuuuuuhhhhh

Yes, that is 2 clusters on one map. I didn't even know that can be a thing. Alright, so if I activate one does it activate the other? Actually the real question is: Which direction will these traders leave, and will they activate the cluster?

This cluster also comes with a sun blocker, which will blot out the sun in 10 days.

The slaves decided this was the time to do a grand slave rebellion and well

Yes, Slaan SMASHED CANTO'S TORSO INTO FRAGMENTS

Thankfully a quick reverse time fixed everything.

And NGDBSS tore off Bami's arm :psyduck: I'm surprised that the most deadly suppression happened not by the melee pawns but the ranged ones.

Thats hosed up game, calling to attention like that.

Alright time to take out one of these clusters. I'm going for this one just because it has a timer and has mechs already on the ground.

I have Slaan set up to barrage and get King to berserk pulse this group right here

King moves in even deeper to pulse a group here.

A scyther gives Slaan grief so I get Drakenel to yank it over to them.

And then this rear end in a top hat carpenter comes over and destroyed the helexin gas pump :mad:

Slowly but surely everyone on the western side moves on up. The east and southern groups are having some issues trying to punch through their enemies.

The fight was quite the show for our guests! No real major wounds from that, I tell ya. Mercury cloaks, gallatross/fenrir/thrumbo leather armor and staballoy chainmail. Nothing gets through that.

Oh god dammit, the mortar turned on. Guess I'll be taking that out as well :mad:

Oh right the mech drop pods. Rude as poo poo.

Oh drat, an explosion managed to get through Chaos' armor. I think Chaos now hold the title for most deaths.

Explosion hiss explosion hiss explosion hiss explosion hiss explosion hiss

Finishing this cluster off and I realized I didn't call in the jannisaries :doh:

This fight was significantly more damaging. Lynneth has a mangled scar in the brain, BLT has a permanent gunshot injury in the brain and King lost their left eye. Gaston manages to get back up in time to fix that last issue... and then pass back out again :v:

And yeah, the eye is actually missing on King's sprite.

And then something really unfortunate happened... after reversing time on King it made them pass out. Which made them drop their weapon. Now remember they were dual wielding persona weapons. Well when I try to equip the original it gives me a pop up that pawns can only be bonded to 1 weapon.. despite both having a bond with King. If I equip the laser sword I can't equip the monosword as the loadout is "too heavy". Also King had a masterwork eltix robe that was destroyed during the fight.

Thankfully when King recovered and went to reequip the original sword it bypassed that warning, which let me dual wield again.

And then BLT died. Gaston! Interesting thing to note, scars aren't healed when resurrected like this. But thats fine, King can heal the scars like Jesus. Gaston is also like Jesus cause he fixed King's sight by getting their eye back. BLT is also like Jesus cause they resurrected. So many Jesus in this colony.

Grats to Senrath and Drakenel! Now that I think about it, Layla and Godna still haven't had their marriage ceremony.

I sent Cugel, King, Slaan and every horse to a work site to slaughter everyone and then packed up into a caravan.

Well know that King has farskip, when in a caravan we can use it. Then click on the colony...

Sup Vichan, hope you don't mind us popping in. So yeah, instant travel back home on command, farskip rules. If you weren't using SRTS to travel. It does cost a bit of psyfocus, but King SHOULD be walking out of every encounter with a full psybar.

Dear god, Slaan shot off this poor sap's foot and an entire leg. What kind of arrows are getting shot out of those thrumbows?

The final cannibal feast and everyone enjoyed it :unsmith:

Calamitous just made these, dear loving god. Cugel gets these and they will never have to worry about their arms getting hurt.

What... what the gently caress. I did an execution and after killing the sacrifice it dropped TWO bodies. Who the hell is this second person :psyduck: NGDBSS, how did you do this? You know this can double our food stocks!

Now that all executions are handled and we have some food stockpiled, meaning I wont need to butcher bodies...

It is time

Huh, the Stellarch was the leader of a hostile faction? And she lost her rank when she joined.

Meet the house that the Stellarch will be living in.

And meet the Stellarch, fishing. Usually they don't do any work at all, but I guess they're cool with fishing. We need to keep them above 25% mood, so lets see what they require...

.... Well of course. Why wouldn't I get one that is an undergrounder AND had a relative die? Also whats with the apparel thing? Why didn't you come in wearing your apparel?

Actually I think I may know what it is, its that I have the jewelry mod on and they also want to wear jewelry. Since that isn't base game they don't come in wearing that. This is gonna be fun.

Also they refuse to eat the fine stew I have laying around... and you know they wont like the cannibal food. I quickly get some futomaki made at the sushi table. Hey if the Stellarch is willing to get the fish!

And King is gonna use their abilities to make sure Glasses keeps her mood up.

NICE number aside, how the gently caress is this considered a harmful ability? Time to drop pod more silver into Empire lands. Anyways this gives +30 mood for 5 or so days. So yeah, definitely gonna be popping this constantly. What else am I going to use my silver on at this point?

Alright so someone said that because I have a mod that makes a mixed race faction is why I'm getting mechoids in raids. But whats with the bugs? And the gallatross? The viking hunt animals? Especially since they all attack one another?

Speaking of the hunt stuff, lets take a look at one of them since it is most likely we aren't going to be actually doing them.

I was wondering why suddenly half the colony was suffering from starvation, this thing reduces their hunger need. They give each pawn a "preternatural hunger" effect which gives them a +1000% hunger rate. What the gently caress? They eat and then go back to starving within a few hours. Whats especially frustrating is that apparently this effect is considered a wound, so everyone is going to sleep while they starve. I have to keep selecting the entire colony and drafting then undrafting to get them to wake up so they'll eat.

So much for my stockpile :shepface:

So much for my food issue :getin:

Glasses is gonna be so pissed with all the butchering.

Oh for gently caress's sakes :mad:

Bwahaha, oh my god. Thats 1 less rocket to worry about!

These pirates are just not using their rockets well this go around.

Oh hey Layla and Canto finally reached the catapults, right when everyone is leaving. Its the thought that counts.

Extinguish those fires, don't let that meat go to waste!

Yeah ok sure, don't give me a chance to rest or anything.

A few berserks to cause some infighting and a lightning satchel to stun a large group of them. Honestly this didn't go quite as bad as the last raid.

God so much crap. I miss recycle factory.

And looks like there is going to be a whole lot more. This is a siege though. I think like the second one this colony has ever had?

Since they were all obligingly standing in a group I get Slaan over to barrage + choking gas them. Thank god for that modulated shield belt.

And someone on the catapults landed a pretty solid shot!

And then Slaan gets knocked down not because of the gunshots, but because some jackass used an ability on them.

King then engages in the Virtuous Mission and gets nice and close...

And berserks a few raiders who obligingly get close enough :sickos:

Its glorious

And one last present from King. They loved this present so much they stopped sieging and just attacked.

Barely made it to the bridge before running, cowards! God thats a lot of bodies, it is winter though so... guess I'll just leave them outside, they'll be frozen. If I ever need more meat I can always go out and grab them :v:

Oh quit your whining. What did you expect when you showed up to a cannibal colony?

Look I even made you a hyperweave recliner to sit on while you fish! Everyone else sits on ironwood!

OH THANK GOD A BULK GOODS TRADER TAKE IT ALL

And here, have all this human leather as a gift!

:sigh: loving hate centipedes.

Hah, one of the corpses had a trap laid under them and a mechoid ran over it.

I do appreciate that the scythers and prowlers are far faster than the centipedes. Think I'll take them all out then retreat back to force the centipedes to get close.

... ooooorrrrrr

:sickos:

Constantly having to repair this bridge :sigh:

Leave a loving message :byodood:

For gently caress's sakes, I thought it was a bit weird that it was only 30 drop pods here.

Oh cool, they got siegebreakers so they don't even have to wait to build mortars. And they almost killed the stellarch. Time to rush.

The big problem with all these loving centipedes and their fire weapons is that when someone gets KO'd and drops their stuff it catches on fire. Poor Gaston, running on empty just trying to keep everyone's poo poo fixed.

Lots of time in the hot springs for everyone. The only way I can keep up with healing.

You know I had worries that this last update would be short but no, getting 2 raids every day is certainly keeping things lively.

I can't even fix the drat bridge they're coming so quickly.

Are you loving kidding me? Someone yanked SomeoneAwful right into the blob and then gave them dementia.

Thank god they retreated, that could've gone real bad, real quick.

... but not before one them decides to blizzard storm the animal pen. And hit SilentSnack. Wouldn't be a raid if someone didn't decide they were going to attack him.

Meet the twin bridges of death. No point in processing the mechoids, I have over 6k steel and I'm just firing off drop pods of their mechanical parts to get them out of the base and I have nearly 3k human meat in the freezer and like 40 bodies on meat hooks. I'm gonna run out of produce before I run out of meat.

Just 3 more days

Oh, well aint this awkward. Just 1.3 more days. Shoving all the mead down Glasses' throat.

Once more for old time sake, eh?

...oooh thats right, everyone has a venom fang now... and will use it in melee.

Oh god. Thankfully they passed out when they did, both Bami and Canto got to 94% toxic build up. They could've been poisoned to death.

Its finally here!

One final look at the colony.

Every colonist. Didn't get the feast hall fully encased with reliefs, shame that.

The slaves. Going into this I was expecting to have more but the fact its a question of when, not if, slaves rebel pretty much killed my desire to get more. Now there is a problem here... Bami still has that venom which knocked her to 10% max consciousness, she can't get up. Bami will be left in a cryptocasket. I tried to reverse time on her and it instead made the toxic build up increase

Its a moot point however.... you cannot take slaves with you.

All of our animals, who will be coming along.

Cugel is the last one on board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V52QTyn6e-A

And there it is, everyone lives a good life in the Empire! Well, minus the slaves.

It was interesting trying out this less technologically advance colony with an open layout. Gotta say though, as boring as killboxes are, its better than hounding down raiders who just gently caress off past your colonists to go punch an animal. And the alloys from rimforge, hoo boy. Probably gonna turn that off for the next colonies, it made any other material redundant. I can see why people aren't too hot with slaves, what with the expectation that they're gonna revolt. Would rather take a few extra days to recruit them properly than deal with revolts.

I am really disappointed how the Viking and Witcher events just... stopped. Well, not so sad about the Witcher ones... that monster that just made everyone nearby do a sad wander was bullshit. Apparently the only way to avoid that is to have pawns with 0% psychic sensitivity. But there was more stuff with the Viking mod, heavy versions of the crypto armor, a two handed crypto axe, there was even a crypto pistol and crossbow that just never showed up. I could've made statues with the viking hunt monsters but they just.. stopped showing up. I'm sure its because of all the mods throwing so many potential events it just didn't happen.

Some stats:

Kills: 1690 total, with Slaan making up 396 of those kills. Canto had the lowest with 8. Highest melee killer was Cugel with 212.

Damage dealt: Unsurprisingly Slaan with 89031

Damage taken: ChaosDragon with 2,582. Makes sense for someone who also died the most :v:

Biggest eater: Senrath with 629.13 nutrition. Thats equal to 440 gourmet soups!

The feasting hall had an impressiveness rating of 210. The highest I believe is 240, got close!

Going off the "time as colonist" stat on the starter colonists.... This colony was 6.9 years old :nice:

Now inviting a group of cannibals onto a flotilla where the ruling party doesn't serve manflesh may cause problems.... but remember that everyone has a venomous canine. Bon appetite!

Leal fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 12, 2022

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
The unstoppable Viking colony ending after wading through a sea of blood and enemies, that sounds like the only way it could have possibly capped off. Too bad you didn't fight any more legendary beasts.

I'm already looking forward to the next playthrough you'll be doing of this game.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I'm looking forward to the next colony, this was a fine send-off.

ChaosDragon
Jul 13, 2014
So how many times did I die again?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

No one kills like Gatslaan :smug:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Gaston really did a ton of heavy lifting here, good for him. No one carries the clan like Gaston. :unsmith: And yeah, the ending coming in a giant mess of neverending violence and raids just seems fitting. Can't argue with it.

Excited to see the next group!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I feel like if the game is stubbornly refusing to give you certain important events that your entire strategy/story is based on you are justified in just using devmode to force them to start.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I love that my character was a violence inspired dadaist artist. :allears:

I love Rimworld and Dwarf Fortress for the wacky stories that you can come upu with.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Tuke'vast Epilogue

Before closing this colony for good I want to show off things that didn't happen for one reason or another. So I started a new colony (cause loading the other one takes forever and makes my PC cry) and have on Devmode.

Meet Barkvidherg who will be showcasing some of this stuff. She is holding a heavy crypto axe and wearing heavy crypto armor. Next to her is the heavy crypto helmet as I'm too lazy to enable helmets on pawns. Above her are a set of crypto weapons, going from left to right is a crypto rifle, crypto pistol, crypto crossbow and heavy crypto crossbow.

Note that spawning gear has the quality random so the stats are also different. I was really hoping to get at least get a heavy crypto axe to throw on the ones who had the light axes and for our archers to have crypto crossbows. Shame that. Of course all the weapons will inflict hypothermia as they hit and the heavy version of the crypto armor also has the bleed stop effect when worn with both the armor and the helm.

I wont be running rimforge in the future as it really made any other material redundant. Alpha animals/biomes added a bunch of stuff but why bother when I can use staballoy for metals and mercury hyperweave for cloth? So here are some reinforced walls made out of staballoy and adamantine. Good god, 6 thousand. Since I never used defensive fortifications we would never see these. A miniturret made with staballoy would have 450 health, compared to the 100 a steel one would have. An adamantine one would have 600 health.

So I just thought of this right now, I wont remove rimforge. The other colonies wont really be using metal armor or weapons so using staballoy and adamantine on everything wont really come into play. It adds more than these materials that I didn't show off since this colony was less technologically reliant on defenses.

If you thought the chainmail, leather armor and mercury cloaks was powerful.... I could've gone even crazier with staballoy ancient mails. This thing covers EVERYTHING from the neck down. Oh and speaking of rimmagic forge stuff, you could totally use the replication scan function on the crypto stuff. All the crypto weapons would require 7 advance components and 70 plasteel. The heavy armor would require 12 advance components and 130 plasteel.

Hunts just stopped spawning, so here are the viking hunts we didn't see. Lothurr here would've dropped an antler that could've been used to make a jarl crown. Really wanted to get one for King.

Njorun are big boys with leather that is effectively muffalo skin +1. Not the most protective of armor but great for temperature control.

And then we got Odin, who is apparently suffering from a mechoid chip shortage.

Wolfhounds and wooly cows were animals added to the vikings mod that never showed up. As our pawns would get upset eating anything that had no manflesh, I didn't seek out the cows for their milk for desserts and whatnot. As for the wolfhounds well.. we had those metal as hell canines.

Last update I said that the viking hunts let you make trophies, I was wrong. Its the witcher hunts that do the trophies. It costs a metal material and a corpse of the hunt.

Speaking of, here are some of those hunts. On the bottom left is a cyclops, to the right of it is a djinn, right of that is a basilisk and up top is a chort.

God, what can be worse than an AOE sad wander? An AOE berserk.

Ignoring the fiend on the right which we've seen, from top to bottom we have a golem, ekimmara, fogler and fleder.

All these talks of vampires, there IS a vampire mod and I think it adds abilities and stuff too. Hrmmm....

Then from left to right we got a kikimore queen, a wraith, a hym and a leshy who spawns a bunch of timberwolves on itself. Actually you may have seen a leshy and kikimore queen mixed in with those mixed raids. I know the kikimore queen was inside of a complex once

These other monsters would be cool but honestly... after the fiend, thats just a solid no. You can't recover from that. So I'll be removing this next playthrough.

A few other things added by the viking mod is a face painting table, which has the bonus that will let us actually change the color of the face paint of our pawns. As far as I know all tattoos, both body any face, are black only. On the left is a rune stone that can act as a meditation zone. Then there is the hearth. I would've loved to have one in the feasting hall but there wasn't a whole lot of free space in there. Maybe if I didn't have a second table.

And finally a targeter weapon that vikings expanded added.

And thats all!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Strong Vaulters from Endless Space 2 vibes on the viking guns.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Alright and with that the viking colony comes to a close! Sorry for the delay in the last update, last week I got a bit absorbed in another game. Also I caught something that makes me violently cough from time to time, so thats why I haven't streamed either. So I'm gonna rework my modlist, see what new things have been made since starting this colony and adjust my plans for the other 2 colonies. I'll start streaming again monday night, assuming this cough finally passes.

I'll hold a vote once I get the new modlists sorted out, so I can say what new things I'll focus on in each colony.

ChaosDragon posted:

So how many times did I die again?

I want to say 3 times.

Ashsaber posted:

I feel like if the game is stubbornly refusing to give you certain important events that your entire strategy/story is based on you are justified in just using devmode to force them to start.

I really did think about it, but a part of me was thinking "No just wait, it'll happen naturally. It'll come". Then I started getting near the end where the game just tortured my PC and I wanted it to be over with. Somehow playing this colony would crash firefox and it would refuse to open, on top of making everything else lag to hell. I think the Empire mod may be causing it, as it adds a bunch of pawns in the background. That is one of the mods I'll be disabling for the next playthroughs.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Let's vote!

The Arcana of Esotericism will focus on wizardry, animal collection and travel. Besides going to different biomes to scan different kinds of animals I've also got a mod that adds caravan based gameplay: Campgrounds will be automatically built so I wont need to settle a new colony and build everything up, there is also a story line to go with this mod. I have some mods that'll make it easier for me to use animals for fighting, also I didn't show it off last colony but alpha animals actually adds bionics you can install on animals to let them have certain traits that other animals will have (poison spitting for example). Having a bunch of mages around should also help with keeping animals feasible for combat since I can cast shields and heals on them.

The main colony will be a compound with a few large buildings and walled off. The majority of colonists though will be out adventuring in the caravan. Those at the compound will be responsible for shuttling off any required materials to the caravan and keeping up with research. While waiting around, any prisoners that come by might have some good traits to steal, and brain scans can be taken to help produce some high skill level books.

The Delirious Party Life is all about partying and living a life of free love and total comfort. They'll be happy living in a big dorm and taking all the drugs. When it comes to making money there are plenty of options with running an ad farm on Rimtube videos and server rentals. Prisoners who survive might make some good miners, and I don't mean mining rocks. Of course all the guests visiting and enjoying the local cuisine will also bring in cash. I will be going for the archonexus ending here, which means 3 different colonies will be made and sold off, and I can only keep 5 colonists for each sell off.

And who will be funding all this but a robot army who will be running a factory behind the nightclub? The colonists know a few things about hacking, every mechanoid that gets downed is a potential ally. Of course there are several other robots that can be built with collected resources. And there will be many resources to collect, what with the mechanoid ships that have been making planetfall. But with so many automations, losing colonists each sell off wont be quite as painful.

I'll keep this vote going for a day or two, I'll post when I'm ready to start playing again.

ChaosDragon
Jul 13, 2014
Arcana of Esotericism

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Party Time! :2bong:

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Arcana

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Arcana of Esotericism, making some magic happen.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I voted for Delirious Party Life last time and I will continue to hype for space hedonism.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Delirious Party time!

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
Delirious Party Life.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Once again supporting Delirious Party Life. We're here for a good time, not a long time :2bong:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

drugs > wizards

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I think wizard time probably would have a better chance here if Viking colony wasn't so heavily reliant on Gaston. It was sort of a wizard colony-lite in that respect.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
well...the epilogue says we were all partying up with the empire...so lets keep the party going!

Golden Dragon
Apr 9, 2007

Always speak politely to an enraged Dragon
Putting in my vote for wizards

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Beeeeehooooold the wiiiiizaaaards, beware their powers, unspeakable poweeeeeeeeeers!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Delirious Party Life!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Looks like Hedonist wins! What better playthrough to start on valentines day eh?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Delirious Party Life 1

Mechanoids expanded adds Igor Invader as a story teller. Raids will be coming in aplenty, he doubles damage and for every pawn death he will spawn reinforcements for the invaders. The nightclubs are just that drat alluring. I'm playing on the second hardest difficulty cause I'm hardcore but not a braggart.

This is what the world looks like using the seed PartyHardy.

The first colony will be landing near the ocean in the Xigoda Desert. Got a decent amount of settlements nearby to trade as well.

The Delirious Party Life is all about living the good life. Drugs, alcohol and gluttony. Everyone will be too busy living the good life so automation will be taking care of everything.

Lets talk precepts. With drug use being essential pawns will need to take something every .75 days. Yes, they need to take a hit twice a day. Whats great is that this also gives a bonus to drug crop yield and synthesis speed by 50% and a 10% bonus to drug selling prices.

Body modification is like the transhumanist trait, however unlike the trait it wont kick in until the colony reaches moderate expectations, so no need to worry about getting bionics asap.

Autonomous weapons are exalted, it provides a mood bonus once we get turrets set up.

Recreation loved will have pawns fill their recreation bar at half speed and gives them a stronger mood buff after a party.

Violence is disapproved, they get a mood penalty when attacking a non hostile person. While I generally never attack nonhostiles, its the thought that counts. The colonists shouldn't be the fighters, the automations should.

Art Quality will have pawns want beautiful art at high expectations. Art rating is averaged between all art pieces in the colony, awful being -10 and legendary being +15

Barracks preferred will give our colonists a bonus to sleeping in a barracks, as long as it is above awful and... below extremely impressive? Guess I wont be making the barracks too pretty. Also they get a penalty to sleeping in a private room

Physical love being free and approved means pawns will quickly make lovers and get an opinion bonus with one another for it.

Alcohol demanded makes pawns want alcohol every 3 days. If they go sober for 30 days the mood penalty can hit -48

Automation efficiency will increase the work speed of electric tables by 50% and the mechanoid factories by 25%

Crafting speed will be slower for manual jobs, 25% slower on non electric tables

Sweets craved will require eating desserts or chocolate every few days.

Spouses are set to unlimited

Research has been set to fast, which gives a 25% bonus to research speed. See there is a thing about the archonexus ending: Every time you sell the colony all of your research is reset. So this will help offset that

Oh and I set fungus to "don't care", for some reason its default as "despised". What group of druggies DON'T eat mushrooms?

The first 2 roles are the same leader/moral guide that every ideology gets. Having the high life meme lets us get a plants specialist who works 70% faster with planting and +30% harvest yield. Thoooough that will mostly be automated, but hey a role is a role. Party host is from having the party life and they have the ability to cause a party to happen. Patissier need the sweet teeth meme and gets a 20% cooking speed bonus and has the ability to turn meals into desserts.

For rituals we got a christmas tree party that will happen once a year that will require a christmas tree to be made and can cause ambrosia to sprout. A smokeleaf circle that can be performed at any time that will cause spaceship chunks to fall in. Two dance parties that can be done at any time, one that lures a venerated animal and the other that discovers an ancient complex.

I'm sure you know what an orgy is. You don't get the usual rewards from a ritual but every participant will get the "Got some lovin'" mood, on top of the usual ritual mood.

The buildings should be self explanatory, that said I'm not going with an altar but rather a floor symbol. I mean, it just makes sense for a bunch of stoners to form a square circle around a symbol.

The relics of the colony is a bottle of some quality vintage, to be sure. Then there is the reveling pulser and narco-orb. With a press of a button everyone will be required to party.

Everyone wants fancy weapons and shun lowtech weaponry.

For venerated animals I picked these 2 cat-like animals.

As for the starting colonists, meet HereticMIND. Hrm, something seems off here. So yeah, the Hisa mod updated not a few hours before this update and they changed the ears. Anyways, Heretic will be spending less time sleeping, all the more to generate followers. Everyone will have the chemical fascination trait by the way. Heretic is also a Gambler class, which is basically the astrology class from FF14. They draw cards that give stat buffs and have some healing on the side.

And when it comes to names, I'm gonna go from the bottom of the name list and work my way up for this playthrough.

bios is too smart for things like "controlled fire". A gadgeteer class will have a lot of useful utility abilities to help around the colony. Much like Heretic, bios has skills for more creative abilities.

Lynneth is the colony's chefbot. While there is automation, there is no reason our meals cannot be artisinally handmade.Though if an android makes it, is it considered handmade? Lynneth gets a double whammy of gourmand and chemical fascination causing random breaks to binge. Also they are a chef class, which not only makes them great at cooking but lets them buff up colonists via throwing meals at their ally's mouth. Lynneth also has some light plant skills to get some crops going until proper robots come into play.

Hrm... coulda sworn I usually start off with 4 colonists...

Welcome to the new home, in a desert. Its full of sand, which is coarse, rough and it gets everywhere :saddumb: Also this shows a quirk about Rimworld map generation. There is only a western coast, even though this tile juts out into the ocean, there should be coast on the north and east.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to use the plan tool for the next hour....

:hai:

Gonna be a lot of work putting up the walls here, and no one had that great of a construction skill...

Oh but what is this that has dropped down?

Ah there is our fourth colonist, meet Godna the engineer drone. Limited in use and not as robust as regular drones seen in the last LP, but they do have better skill when it comes to engineering and mining. They can still clean, haul and even firefight.

Lets look around while everything gets set up. Here is a collection of rusted shopping carts, a vending machine and an ATM. Whats funny is that the vending machine and ATM have "Dunno how this got here" in the description.

The anima tree is located within our bong colony. Maybe I'll get someone a pyslink to meditate at it and grow anima grass, that'd be pretty cool looking.

I start gathering all the limestone on the map to make blocks for the walls. Being in a desert means that wood is scarce, so blocks for everything! Limestone is the second hardiest rock, with granite being the best. This map also has marble laying around, and bios does have some artist skills.

Lynneth is planting in the sand, strange right? This is part of the vanilla plants expanded mod, which lets you put down special grow zones in sand and water (though not in salt water, so no growing plants on the beach). Right now Lynneth is planting cucumbers, it takes some time to sow but they grow in 3 days, though they aren't nutritious. Think of them as rice for sand. I looked around the map and sadly there doesn't seem to be any rich soil areas, I'll have to throw down some bamboo on regular soil to get wood coming in.

And getting wood is gonna be a concern. Just getting 3 beds, a table, a stool and the stonecutting bench leaves us with only 47 wood.

I set up a windmill and a battery to make sure Godna can keep up their energy, they can't eat to generate power like Lynneth can. After charging up Godna just about emptied out the battery, so I filled it up using one of bios' abilities as a gadgeteer. All the abilities of a gadgeteer are:

Scan will increase damage dealt to the target.

Hydrated Water will turn sand into soil. So I could turn some of this sand into regular soil for growing but naaah

Pocket Sand will turn shallow water and mud into regular soil.

Spare Batteries will put 400w of power into a battery

Auto-Spanner will repair the gear of whoever it targets

Mysterious Amulet will give the target mana, if they don't have mana they instead get a temporary buff

Cloaking Device makes a target invisible for a bit

Rocket Boots will increase the speed of the target

Disposable Goggles will increase the target's accuracy

Inflatable Wall will throw up a temporary wall

Biotech Brambles will grow some brambles in a zone that will damage whoever walks over it

Jetpack will let the gadgeteer fly off in a direction, not unlike the regular jetpack item

Haywire Snowmaker will drop the temperature of an area

Taser will deal massive pain to a target and can possibly kill them.

No big damage dealing attacks, just pure support.

Speaking of support, the soft sand can't support a wall so lets use that hydrating water ability.

gently caress's sakes :mad:

I have some marble blocks made and throw them down into the barracks, which gets it out of the awful range and into decent. God its so nice to have robots again, building around the clock. Having a decent barrack gives +10 mood. Holy poo poo.

Jeeze, its only day 3!

Oh thats right, I have snap out of it installed and everyone has good social skills in this colony. Crisis averted!

Oh hey, 3 days. Igor is sending some friends. I should note at this point I uninstalled preemptive strike as I think it was causing problems last colony. I also removed Empire, I think it creating a bunch of faction pawns is what was causing my performance issues at the last few updates. Also it really got OP to the point I had to remove a bunch of workers to keep me from making like 40k every 5 days.

Oh, they're just gonna kill some animals? Go for it I guess.

Wait are those wooden bows they have?

They're killing innocent slimes :(

Heretic has the long rifle so bios throws her some goggles and Lynneth throws a delicious meal

Got 3 of them before they ran off. They were so preoccupied with killing slimes that they did nothing to being shot at.... not that Heretic or bios were exactly accurate with their shots. Lynneth got one by throwing a knife. Speaking of, guess I should talk about Lynneth's class and explain that food thing. As a chef they get access to:

Home Cooking will give a mood boost, satiate the target and temporarily freeze their hunger bar.

Medicinal Cooking will boost immune system and removes food poisoning, on top of slightly filling them up.

Hunter Roast, which was the ability used, gives the target +20% to consciousness and moving, +10 to melee hit and dodge, +30 to harmony (magic), blunt, sharp and heat armor, +.40 move speed, +10 shooting accuracy and -25% aim time.

Fresh Roasted Coffee will freeze the rest bar for a bit as well as removes cryptosleep sickness, catatonic breakdown, anesthesia and drug overdoes.

If those abilities sound powerful, just note that at base level they cost 100 stamina to use, which is all of Lynneth's stamina. And they cost 2 levels to upgrade

Then there is Sichuan Spice, it makes you yell at mcdonald's employees will increase movement and energy regeneration of the target while curing inertia and silence. Oh and it sets the target on fire.

Knife Toss will throw a knife at a target and cause them to bleed. Think of it as Slaan's bleeding shot last colony.

Slow Cooker will shoot a flaming projectile at a target that also stuns them.

Crafting spots can disassemble wooden weapons. I get 7 wood off a bow.

Its gonna be awkward when they both go to the same room to go to sleep.

Oh, is this supposed to be the raid I was warned about? Thanks for the wooden bow.

Nearby is a good amount of steel, gonna be needing that to offset how much wood I need to make things. I made a research bench completely out of steel to save up on wood. I would research tree sowing so I can plant bamboo, but there is.. something else I'd like to research first so I can make headway into something.

If you ever thought Godna was just a soulless bot, hopefully the fact that they were the ones to suggest a name says otherwise. Welcome to Club Wonderwall, a true Oasis in this desert.

Igor's thing is that he sends a raid every 2 or 3 days. So far he has sent a raid every night. Anyway here is Heretic throwing a card at one such invader. As said Heretic is a gambler and its basically Final Fantasy XIV's astrologist class. If you don't know what that is, basically you get a Duel Disk system and draw cards at random that buff party members. So what does the gambler class do? Actually its kinda ingenious in how it works:

Gambler gets a mana, stamina AND chi bar. They all are set to be at 0. When they use their Draw ability they will get a buff that will enable regeneration on one of these three bars, and their abilities use one of those three bars.

Ewer will restore mana (and yes, this can be thrown on the Gambler themselves). If the person its thrown on doesn't use mana they get a buff instead. This requires the mana card to be drawn

Lady of Crowns will heal a target, requires mana.

Hold 'Em will temporarily put up some stone walls around a target. Requires mana.

Sleight of Hand will remove all regeneration and draw extra cards from their deck, possibly letting them get access to multiple bars. Or none! Requires mana.

Spire will regenerate stamina on a target and grant them hate (double attack speed). Requires chi.

Joker, which is the card used above, will damage a target, inflict them with silence and inertia (I believe this is like silence, but for physical abilities) and stun the target. It may also disarm or knock down the target. Requires chi.

Void Card will remove silence, inertia, arcane weakness and mana sickness and also put the target in stealth. Requires chi

Bole will put up a shield on the target. Requires stamina.

Lord of Crowns will cause AoE damage, with the primary target dealing more damage. Any bleeding caused will bleed harder. Requires stamina.

But these extra raids aren't bad, this one had some cigs. Everyone is getting upset at the lack of vice.

Speaking vice, time to start writing for them!

Time to get some people to develop parasocial relationship with our colonists and pay them money to say their name! There are several Rim<media> content stations where you can have a pawn work at to produce a follower item. After getting enough of those we can build up a server. It uses the crafting skill, hence why Heretic and bios have crafting skills.

Speaking of degeneracy, Lynneth and bios are now lovers. All bios was doing was getting ready to shoot some lizards for food.

Maybe the color of bios' hoodie is what made Lynneth attracted, or vice versa. Its dawning on me that I don't have any wood to make a two person bed.

That was... fast. I don't even have the double bed ready!

Ugh, everyone now has -15 mood because I don't have the titles filled. The reason I've been holding off on this is because of the expectation increase for roles.

So bios will be the Gratifying Leader. Note the columns and grapes during the ritual, different from what we had as vikings. Of course a raid shows up during this time so I gotta take care of that and wait for everyone to sleep before getting another leader assigned...

Also I got a chuckle that Godna attended.

Lynneth becomes the Seasoned Banqueter.

With these new powers first you must aim your gun at a plate of food...

Ta-da! Dessert is made. This ability has a 2 day cooldown. Should use it on a full stack to get the most out of it, but I'm not really rolling in food right now.

I guess it makes sense to have a date with the chef in the refrigerator. Been there.

Oh jeeze not again, this happened in the stream colony as well. But hey, someone to offload all these knives laying around.

And Heretic becomes the High Reveler. Whats up with Lynneth? Another raid. They say the raids are set every 2 or 3 days but I can get a raid warning and then later that same day get another raid warning so I get 2 in one day.

Now I got all 3 humanoids set to a role... but everyone is still mad, because the Crazed Animal role is unfilled. Pawns can't hold 2 roles at once. So everyone is just gonna be pissed that a role is not filled. Anyway, now that we have a High Reveler....

Let's Play Rimworld: You cannot gently caress a robot

I put the ritual spot in the barracks cause well. Anyways everyone meets up and music that I can only describe as "sexy saxophone" starts playing.

And then the clothes start coming off and- can I even show this in LP?

Thats supposed to be the point, isn't it?

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Off to a grand start. Got the first of the trio of party down already, now you need the drugs and the rock and roll

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Why wont you let robots participate in the Can't Be Named On These Christian Forums? That's discrimination against robosexuals :(

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Slaan posted:

Why wont you let robots participate in the Can't Be Named On These Christian Forums? That's discrimination against robosexuals :(

Because the drones can participate in other rituals I think they might actually be able to, but there is something that can be preventing it. The mod creator put in a safeguard to keep players from having any pawn under 18 join. Godna is considered only a quadrum old as they were created in the colony! I'm gonna assume if I played this colony for 18 years it would be possible.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I love that the robot attended the marriage ceremony :3:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Ah, so he's a baby robot then. Cuuute :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Dragon