Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cat botherer posted:

She could just give back the remote and get her keys back. It's completely unhinged behavior to hide the remote because of some weird religious conviction you need to force on others.

She didn’t just take the remote she took the whole drat TV and he said it’s not in the house anywhere.

That’s completely unhinged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

cat botherer posted:

She could just give back the remote and get her keys back. It's completely unhinged behavior to hide the remote because of some weird religious conviction you need to force on others.

she didn't take the remote, she took the entire TV. it is not physically present in the house.

ibntumart posted:

When I came home from work on Monday (today's Thursday) my wife said she took away my TV, sure enough it was gone. I looked everywhere for it but we have a modest 3 bedroom house, so who knows where it is now.

either she has a hidden storage unit that he's not aware of or she sold it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

moving an 85" unboxed tv is a two person job, find the accomplice and you'll find the tv

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

She sold it because she has a gambling problem / drug habit.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

ibntumart posted:

AITA for intentionally letting the home fall into disarray and refusing to cook for my wife until she helps out more with our son?

As someone who probably reads too much AITA I could envision the comments section from a mile away. If this post were written by a stay at home mom it would have been an overwhelming slam dunk. Of course instead there's endless labor applied to try and battle to a neutral view by a decent chunk of the commenters.

I agree with a few of the people that this was probably a fake post meant to tease out hypocrisy and it's pretty hilarious. I'm certainly not saying there's an overwhelming gender bias on the relationship judgment subreddits, or even any at all in most- but this is one of those perfect ones where the judgment swings wildly in the gender reversal.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
It's actually in The Hidden Temple, I'll late Olmec explain, but here's a spoiler he's going to have to assemble a three piece statue in the shrine of the silver monkey

Only when he's defeated the temple guardians will his 90'' tv be returned.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Boba Pearl posted:

It's actually in The Hidden Temple, I'll late Olmec explain, but here's a spoiler he's going to have to assemble a three piece statue in the shrine of the silver monkey

Only when he's defeated the temple guardians will his 90'' tv be returned.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Legends of the Hidden Temple owned.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Another great one. It's amazing what families can accomplish when everyone is communicating and in touch with their emotions.

It turns out that "actually talking to people" is everyone's underappreciated superpower.

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 11, 2022

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

mllaneza posted:

Zit turns out that "actually talking to people" is everyone's underappreciated superpower.

Is it possible to learn this power?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

ibntumart posted:

Not necessarily. Some states (Massachusetts and Illinois, for example) do give the court authority to include post-secondary educational expenses as part of child support.

AITA for taking away my wife's car keys because she took away my TV?

AITA for intentionally letting the home fall into disarray and refusing to cook for my wife until she helps out more with our son?

Dude should divorce her and push for alimony until the kid is in 1st grade. The child support orders from neurosurgeons are loving huge, so he wouldn’t be struggling.

Scags McDouglas posted:

As someone who probably reads too much AITA I could envision the comments section from a mile away. If this post were written by a stay at home mom it would have been an overwhelming slam dunk. Of course instead there's endless labor applied to try and battle to a neutral view by a decent chunk of the commenters.

I agree with a few of the people that this was probably a fake post meant to tease out hypocrisy and it's pretty hilarious. I'm certainly not saying there's an overwhelming gender bias on the relationship judgment subreddits, or even any at all in most- but this is one of those perfect ones where the judgment swings wildly in the gender reversal.

Ehhhhh I don’t know I have certainly met women who are doctors and have a house husband at home. My kid’s pediatrician is one. And according to every nurse in my personal life brain surgeons are completely loving full of themselves because the discipline requires a ton of self confidence.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for ruining my wife's work and eating the food before she could take pictures of it?

quote:

My wife runs a website dedicated for cooking and recipes. She takes pictures of food before we eat wether it's lunch or dinner and post them on her insta account. to be honest, I'm annoyed by having to wait so long for her to "get the perfeft shot" of the food after decorating it, adding this fork and removing that salad dish. It just takes so long and I lose my appetite from just waiting til she's done. This has become the norm but yesterday, I decided I was having none of it.

I came to found that she has cooked an entire feast as her "next cooking project" and put it on the table. Note that by lokking at the whole table setting, I figured pictures had already been taken, right? but no, she said she was gOiNg to take few pictures and I had to wait. She went upstairs to get her camera that's when I grabbed the spoon and started filling my plate from every dish she's made and "ruining" the look as a result. I was hungry and unwilling to wait around for 10+ to eat.

She came downstairs, saw the "damage" and blew up almost crying saying I just ruined her cooking project that she worked hours for as well as putting efforts into. I said I was hungry and couldn't wait but she kept yelling how much of an obnoxious jerk I was for not waiting til dhe took pictures of the dishes she made, Even said that this was an AttEmPt of me to "Sabotage" her success. I said "oh please enough with those conspiracy theories, I'm just hungry and couldn't wait til she got the perfect shot". We had a big argument and shewent upstairs crying. I finished my food then went out to cool off a bit.

When I returned she'd threatened that she'll never have me eat anything she cooks and said she'd rather throw it in the garbage then give it to a ungrateful, obnoxious jerk like me. I said this wasn't cool but she told me to go gently caress myself. I said fine then went to spend the night in the guests room. she texted me the word "jerk" about 15 times til I turned my phone off.

Today she has gone complete radio silence. AITA?

reddit im so annoyed my wife makes amazing homemade food for me all the time how can i ruin this with my selfishness

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

therobit posted:

Ehhhhh I don’t know I have certainly met women who are doctors and have a house husband at home. My kid’s pediatrician is one. And according to every nurse in my personal life brain surgeons are completely loving full of themselves because the discipline requires a ton of self confidence.

Sorry, I should have clarified that while this could be a bait-post, if it's real the morally correct judgment is that the wife is indeed a jerk and deserved a low level of retaliation. So no real disagreement.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Mx. posted:

AITA for ruining my wife's work and eating the food before she could take pictures of it?

reddit im so annoyed my wife makes amazing homemade food for me all the time how can i ruin this with my selfishness

This is another one that you just have to feel is creative writing, it's just too funny.

If it's real I just love the image of someone able to act like this much of a jerk, but somehow have enough self reflection to post in it all its glory on a moral judgment site and not expect a blanket-party.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I broke up with my bf over his family being inappropriate and him being okay with it. Now he is blowing up my phone.

quote:

I (19F) had to go to my boyfriend's (27) parents house yesterday. I've only dated the bf for 2 months.

I've met them once before and they seemed okay then but yesterday it was just the dad and brother there.

They had said some borderline inappropriate things while I was outside about my cleavage ( I was wearing jeans and a T- shirt, nothing inappropriate or revealing). It made me slightly uncomfortable but I just kind of brushed it off. A little while later the dad walked into the bathroom while I was in there and asked me if I'd show him my breasts for a $50. I told him no and got out of there as fast as I could.

I told my bf what happened and he told me I was dumb for not taking the money so I told him to get bent and broke up with him.

Now he is blowing up my cell and messaging me on FB messenger. Half of it is asking me to talk to him, the other half is calling me names and threatening.

I'm not sure what I should do.

Edit- i have blocked him, he is using multiple accounts and numbers

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mx. posted:

I broke up with my bf over his family being inappropriate and him being okay with it. Now he is blowing up my phone.

Why the gently caress would you dump this treasure?!? You call him back and say you're sorry!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

empty sea posted:

I'm terrified to ask about his rear end wiping routine. My feet aren't the greatest but if I took a loving grater to them it would be a blood bath.

I use protective gloves when grating cheese with the big grater because I'm worried about cutting my hands. I hope they mean a microplane grater.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Brawnfire posted:

Why the gently caress would you dump this treasure?!? You call him back and say you're sorry!

And don’t forget to apologise to the father too.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mx. posted:

Being a young woman seems like the loving worst sometimes

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mind the walrus posted:

Being a young woman seems like the loving worst sometimes

SURE IS

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

therattle posted:

And don’t forget to apologise to the father too.

"I'm so sorry you thought I would be rude enough to charge"

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
TV husband is being way too reasonable. If I were him $5k worth of her poo poo would be either sold or in the back yard on a pyre.

Comments are telling the guy to run and they're probably right. Hope he uses this as evidence in his push to get full custody, too, because those kids are in for a lovely upbringing if they're stuck with a mom that's going to steal and destroy anything she decides she doesn't like.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Mx. posted:

I feel that "amazing" and "homemade" would be greatly offset by "lukewarm" depending how long she's loving around with photos.

Dude kinda sounds like a dick regardless, but cooked food is better hot and fresh.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Classmate [19M] of mine [29F] is angry that I am dating someone that isn't him.

quote:

So, I'm currently back in college for a career change.

There's this kid, Max, in one of my classes. He never struck me as a bad guy or anything, just one of those kids whose confidence has outpaced their maturity a little bit.

Last semester I was friendly to him in that classmate kinda way, and I think he got the wrong idea. He approached me after class one day and asked if I wanted to go out for drinks with him. I tried to politely turn him down and just let him know he was about a decade too young for me to be chasing, but it didn't seem to get through because he insisted he knew people with a big age gap and they made it work.

I finally just told him that I wasn't interested in dating and it seemed to get through to him.

Well, anyway, I met a guy I actually do want to date [32M] who is actually age-appropriate and, like me, is back on campus for a new career. We hit it off really quick and are doing very well.

Last week I got into class one day and realized Max was giving me the evil eye the whole period. As we were leaving he came up to me and told me that "he doesn't appreciate being lied to."

I asked him what he was talking about and he curtly told me he saw me and new boyfriend on a date downtown. I just told him it really wasn't his business what I was doing with someone downtown, but he was upset and insisted I lied to him and......well, I don't really know what he expected to come of it. I just decided I wasn't about to get in an argument with a teenager in the school hallway and walked away. He shouted something at me like "he just wants to talk," but I ignored it and moved on, mentally kinda rolling my eyes.

But since then, Max has been brooding about it. He approached me again yesterday and threw some shade at the program new boyfriend is in (education) and asked me if I knew what he was likely to be making as a teacher. I just told him I've been self-sufficient for the last ten years so I wasn't worried about it, and also asked him to stop talking to me.

He has stopped talking to me directly, but he still spent the whole day in his brooding mood whenever I was around, and as the instructor was working out partners for an assignment, Max felt the need to raise his hand and specifically ask not to be partners with me.

My first instinct was to strangle him when that happened, but I'm trying to get this handled without so much drama.

I know I could talk to the professor, but it would honestly feel silly to me to have to go up to the professor because I can't handle a 19 year old kid.

How can I handle this quietly and permanently?

tl;dr: Young kid in one of my classes got a crush and is upset that I started dating someone else. How to get him to knock it off without making a huge fuss?

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
"(somebody) whose confidence has outpaced their maturity a little bit."

this is the most polite burn I've read in quite some time

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Mx. posted:

Classmate [19M] of mine [29F] is angry that I am dating someone that isn't him.

Lady, you need to tell your professor and also start keeping a journal of these incidents for when you have to file a restraining order. This isn't a kid with a crush, this is a grown man who is repeatedly and aggressively trying to interact with you against your wishes.

Your ability to "handle" him depends entirely on him being a normal person and all indications currently point to him not being normal!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Lady, you need to tell your professor and also start keeping a journal of these incidents for when you have to file a restraining order. This isn't a kid with a crush, this is a grown man who is repeatedly and aggressively trying to interact with you against your wishes.

Your ability to "handle" him depends entirely on him being a normal person and all indications currently point to him not being normal!

But then his fee fees will be hurt more because she is so mean.

The worst thing a woman can do to a man is to make him feel less of a man.

No seriously she needs to report this poo poo asap.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Yeah, someone used the term "hostile environment" in the comments and she definitely needs to go use that term with as many officials as are relevant, going from the professor up.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Elissimpark posted:

I feel that "amazing" and "homemade" would be greatly offset by "lukewarm" depending how long she's loving around with photos.

Dude kinda sounds like a dick regardless, but cooked food is better hot and fresh.

Recipe/cooking websites can be pretty lucrative. I mean, most probably are not. Most internet businesses are big failures, of course. But I've known a few people who made a good full time living from putting high quality photos of food on their website. I have no idea of OP's partner is making a living from it (or even a decent side income) but if so he ruined her work because he couldn't be patient. Even if it's just her hobby it's still hugely poo poo to do.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Hellblazer187 posted:

Recipe/cooking websites can be pretty lucrative. I mean, most probably are not. Most internet businesses are big failures, of course. But I've known a few people who made a good full time living from putting high quality photos of food on their website. I have no idea of OP's partner is making a living from it (or even a decent side income) but if so he ruined her work because he couldn't be patient. Even if it's just her hobby it's still hugely poo poo to do.

Food that is ready for high quality photography has traditionally not be the most edible. There is a long history of this, but maybe that's not a thing on the instas. But spraying with glycerin (for that shine) staging with toothpicks or whatever else for the just right (and impossible) pile, powders on fruit to give them that depth pop (which is often something like spray on deodorant), adhesive sprays on dishware/glassware to make it look like it's cold/frosted, elmers glue (dyed or otherwise) instead of milk/chocolate/whatever other thing that won't stay at the consistency you want at room temperature..........

Also, I never hear about how and to what extent any of these things are monetized in these stories. If they were making real money at this they probably wouldn't be doing it with their dinner and none of this would be an issue.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
To me it depends on how many meals she is insisting he wait to eat while she takes a bunch of photos. If it’s an occasional thing then he’s an rear end in a top hat, but if she insists he wait until the food is cold for every meal then at a certain point sanity has to be restored.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Lady, you need to tell your professor and also start keeping a journal of these incidents for when you have to file a restraining order.
I think even this is too long-term. That guy needs to be banned from campus before the next class. Like, she needs to tell the professor, and then IME the next step is an emergency situation involving chairs and deans and probably the campus police.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Halloween Jack posted:

I think even this is too long-term. That guy needs to be banned from campus before the next class. Like, she needs to tell the professor, and then IME the next step is an emergency situation involving chairs and deans and probably the campus police.

Yeah, you're right, way too many replies are like "LOL ignore him", and even I was too mild, this is "err on the side of assuming he's coming in with a gun next time" territory.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
AITA that I won’t rent to my nephew?

quote:

I bought a home when I was out of college. It’s a 3 bedroom home. For the last 20 years I have rented the rooms to young professional and interns near a tech hub.

My nephew Jack is in his 30 and bounced around from job to job. My mother and my sister (his mother) want me to rent it to him at a discount because he wants to move the area.

I already have 2 tenants both around 22. Both are women. Jack has had issues with dating and with women. Reddit would put him as a Neckbeard. I don’t want him to rent from me or be around my other tenants.

Jack argues about the most ridiculous things. He has mentality of a 15 year old boy and would not even fit in with the atmosphere of the house. I don’t want him there. He was evicted from his last place and his credit is eh. I told my mom and sister this and they have yelled me about how he’s family and maybe this time he will find a place where he fits in.

I put my foot down and said no. I will rent out the vacant room to someone else. My whole family is against me now. I don’t want Jack living in my house. I know he’s going to be an issue. It’s going to be tough for him because he doesn’t have a degree and it’s in an area that most jobs there require one.

My mom (his grandma) keeps saying I should give in a chance but in giving him a chance it may be hard for me to move him out. Especially since he’s already been through the eviction process once.

rear end in a top hat landlord, but one using their powers for good.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Cythereal posted:

AITA that I won’t rent to my nephew?

rear end in a top hat landlord, but one using their powers for good.

Why is this person an rear end in a top hat?

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

bell jar posted:

quote:

landlord

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

bell jar posted:

Did you miss the landlord part?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

bell jar posted:

Because they are providing housing to people who either couldn't afford to buy/don't have the credit to do so or would only be using it for short enough of a time period that the transaction costs wouldn't make sense to buy.

You see, they are an rear end in a top hat because they should just let anyone live there for free. Or give it to the first people who asks. Or something. I'm not quite sure how that's supposed to work. But whatever they are doing is bad. Somehow they should be able to change the entire system that created this issue, and that's totally on them. Doing a good job for their customers is not an excuse, they still have to go to the guillotine.

Motronic fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 11, 2022