Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
If you watch the after show show yeah it seems they like their ham fisted symbology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Yeah don't watch the aftershow or read any articles, just enjoy it for what it is. If there is no God, we must create one to serve us.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
There needs to be a Jackass style montage with all the hilarious deaths in this show

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Despera posted:

There needs to be a Jackass style montage with all the hilarious deaths in this show

“Hey, we’re the Milky Robots and welcome to Kepler 22-b!”

*Space Jackass theme starts playing*

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Gonz posted:

*3 guys explode with giant hives, the screams from the acid patrol*

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

2 guards to the acid water
9 to the acid water because of the snake
1 escapee to the bomb collar
1 to touching the android milk?
2-3 killed by space ragnar

i think that's it
The bomber pilot that Ragnar kills so he can steal just bomber

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

WARNING: THESE MILKY ANDROID GUTS CONTAIN A CHEMICAL AGENT THAT MAY CAUSE SEVERE ALLERGIC REACTION WHEN IN CONTACT WITH HUMAN TISSUE

PLEASE HANDLE THE MARBLES AND RUBBER TUBING WITH PROPER PROTECTION AND CARE

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
When Earth sends its people, their not sending its best

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Someone please gif the “where are all the philosophers?” scene, thanks.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

CODChimera posted:

1 to touching the android milk?

Necromorph milk, I think. Normal android milk doesn't kill like that -- I assume this is what that one atheist was trying to do to Ragnar last season with the eyeballs.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Season 1: All of my children have died from radioactive potatoes. Whelp, at least we know not to eat poo poo here without checking it out first.

Season 2: *children run up to and immediately start eating the first tree berries they come across*

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
The more the food looks like it came from Willy Wonky the less possible the food is radioactive! That's just science

Also youd think these loving robots would have a gieger counter installed

Despera fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 9, 2022

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Anyone with a Geiger counter in this franchise wouldn't have time to do anything else

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

mrmcd posted:

Season 2: *children run up to and immediately start eating the first tree berries they come across*

Haven't the kids been in the tropical zone for several months at the start of this season?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

angerbeet posted:

Anyone with a Geiger counter in this franchise wouldn't have time to do anything else

holy poo poo

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The show may be hamfisted but I don't think it's attacking the actual beliefs on either side. IMO it's more about war objectifying people no matter what side they're on, and political groups on either side using the same methods and stuff like that.

Like, I think it is being absurd and aggressive in its insulting portrayals of both the Atheists and the Mithraists, but I don't think it's attacking "atheism" generally, or faith for that matter.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Martman posted:

Like, I think it is being absurd and aggressive in its insulting portrayals of both the Atheists and the Mithraists, but I don't think it's attacking "atheism" generally, or faith for that matter.

I'd need to rewatch the first two episodes this season to confirm this, but our definition of "atheism" and the show's aciomqtic definition of atheism aren't the same thing, I think. The setting isn't using the Atheist faction as a stand-in for atheism directly, so much as it's exploring this idea through Campion (and Mother?).

IIRC, some of the lore from the first season incicated that the atheists aren't people who don't maintain a religion, they're people who don't worship Sol.

But this is all from a while back.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

do we know much or any backstory regarding Sol? or what kicked off the war? i know S1 had some flashbacks but I can't remember them giving many details

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I am predicting that “sol” and the wizard behind the curtain atheist bot are the same entity.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

remigious posted:

I am predicting that “sol” and the wizard behind the curtain atheist bot are the same entity.

checkmate: atheists

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

CODChimera posted:

do we know much or any backstory regarding Sol? or what kicked off the war? i know S1 had some flashbacks but I can't remember them giving many details

They have a comic for that

https://m.comixology.com/HBO-Max-Raised-by-Wolves-2020-1/digital-comic/891614

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
where the fucks been the cool atheist camp?

Despera fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Feb 10, 2022

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
i like the bad dad arc

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

That ancient thirsty android skeleton is gonna become a problem.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

WHO RUN BARTERBILLYTOWN?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
You can still have atheists who believe in greater concepts. Isn't the definition of atheism just that you don't believe in religious deities?

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Collapsing Farts posted:

You can still have atheists who believe in greater concepts. Isn't the definition of atheism just that you don't believe in religious deities?

They’re not defined by atheism then though are they?

It’s like using the word to describe plumbers or something.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
They should have been called a-Sols.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

cool thanks. looks like a few hoops to go through to actually read it but i will at some point

a lot going on in this episode. firstly holy gently caress we are getting a lot of the snake and i love that he's chill. but there's another one? and the regrowing android is definitely going to be evil

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

oh and the chainsaw gladiator. who the gently caress fights him usually??

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gonz posted:

Space Snek gets the party boy theme whenever he shows up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ElUY2n884k

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

they have 6 measly episodes this season and they decided to waste time with father fighting some dumb chainsaw android
don't go "lost" on me, i want answers to all the mysteries

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

CODChimera posted:

oh and the chainsaw gladiator. who the gently caress fights him usually??

Other androids. There was a headless one walking around holding its head

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imagine watching this show with the mindset of “I want answers to all the mysteries” . I imagine that would be pretty frustrating lol.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Imagine watching this show with the mindset of “I want answers to all the mysteries” . I imagine that would be pretty frustrating lol.

This show is more likely going to go 10 seasons without answering anything than answer anything in 6 episodes

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Each season, Ragnar gets more and more insane and mutated until he looks like Emil from Robocop.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m glad father whupped billies rear end I feel like he needed that

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

I’m glad father whupped billies rear end I feel like he needed that

Was a good pick me up after getting whooped by Ragnar

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
Milk, Milk, and Melees: this is how Third Bots are Made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

i don't want answers, i want more chainsaw robots, monsters and ancient androids brought back to life.