Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

No sale, my breasts, never shown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Motronic posted:

Because they are providing housing to people who either couldn't afford to buy/don't have the credit to do so or would only be using it for short enough of a time period that the transaction costs wouldn't make sense to buy.

You see, they are an rear end in a top hat because they should just let anyone live there for free. Or give it to the first people who asks. Or something. I'm not quite sure how that's supposed to work. But whatever they are doing is bad. Somehow they should be able to change the entire system that created this issue, and that's totally on them.

Finally, someone with the guts to stand up for landlords!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Motronic posted:

Because they are providing housing to people who either couldn't afford to buy/don't have the credit to do so or would only be using it for short enough of a time period that the transaction costs wouldn't make sense to buy.

You see, they are an rear end in a top hat because they should just let anyone live there for free. Or give it to the first people who asks. Or something. I'm not quite sure how that's supposed to work. But whatever they are doing is bad. Somehow they should be able to change the entire system that created this issue, and that's totally on them. Doing a good job for their customers is not an excuse, they still have to go to the guillotine.

What a hero he is, extracting profit by virtue of, let's see here...

Owning property.

Yeah, a real people's hero

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Fail-nephew can eat it though

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

Fail-nephew can eat it though

Wait what? Shouldn't she have to give the house to him because he asked?

Really, please explain how this is supposed to work.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

hawowanlawow posted:

the planation I toured had the slave quarters out back, I wonder if that one does weddings

People should really drive home the point by only ever referring to them as "slave plantations".

Too many racists narcissists people only focus on the Southern Royalty aspect of them when they want to dress up as a princess for a day.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Clearly she needs to follow the example of that one guy who showed up to his work party at a plantation dressed as a slave.

That man was a loving hero.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Motronic posted:

No

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Sorry in advance teen witch.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Motronic posted:

Your earlier post presumes that simply because the l*ndlord rents to people who aren't in a position to buy in the area there aren't people in that area who are and cannot because it's more lucrative to the parasite class to cater to the former.

She should sell her house to someone who will occupy it in part or in full. If is not in her interest to do so, doing so should be incentived by making renting less lucrative. Personally, I'm a big fan of jacking up local property taxes on single family homes (like the one at issue) and pairing it with an equally forgiving exemption for owner-occupied housing, thus making it drastically less profitable to rent seek.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

She should sell her house to someone who will occupy it in part or in full. If is not in her interest to do so, doing so should be incentived by making renting less lucrative. Personally, I'm a big fan of jacking up local property taxes on single family homes (like the one at issue) and pairing it with an equally forgiving exemption for owner-occupied housing, thus making it drastically less profitable to rent seek.

Lately, all the builders around here have been building houses that are really made to fit at least two whole families. What would you recommend in that case?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for calling out our cook for scamming us?

quote:

I (48f) hired "Julie" (25f) to cook for my family of 4. She cook us a few family meals a week and delivers them. This has been working out for us for a few months, but she recently told us she would start charging double what she was initially charging. We were quite shocked. She's a good cook, but she's not a trained chef or anything. It's just a hobby for her. We offered her a little more to pay for some of the groceries, but double seemed excessive. She turned it down and said she would give us a few weeks to find someone new, but that felt unfair to us. We hired her because her cooking style/tastes were similar to ours, and we have dietary restrictions that she was able to accommodate. Had we known earlier on that she would bail so quickly, we would have hired someone else from the start so they could learn our tastes.

I pointed out how the amount she was getting now was generous for someone who isn't a professional cook, and that she needed to be realistic about her prices since we could dine in at a nice restaurant for the amount she was asking. She told us to do that and wasn't open for negotiation. Even after looking up costs of groceries and utilities and showing her the data on the profit she was already making, she wouldn't budge. I then got angry and told her off for trying to scam us after she cited the rise in food prices (which we offered to cover, but that wasn't good enough for her) and how she valued her free time (she cooks for her family anyways, so she's just making extra portions for us).

She got really cold and quit on the spot, not even giving us the few weeks to find someone new. I totally understand wanting a little extra to cover the rising cost of food, but doubling her prices all of a sudden seems really scummy and ridiculous. I called her again and offered to pay the extra cost of groceries plus a 10% raise, but she blocked me. I really don't understand the audacity of demanding a 100% raise for a pretty easy and flexible part time gig. AITA? What am I missing?

quote:

She was trying to charge way more than the price of the groceries and claiming that she was spending an extra 10 hours a week cooking just for us, which I call bs. I asked her to describe exactly what she was doing in that time, and it just doesn't add up

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Motronic posted:

You see, they are an rear end in a top hat because they should just let anyone live there for free. Or give it to the first people who asks. Or something. I'm not quite sure how that's supposed to work. But whatever they are doing is bad. Somehow they should be able to change the entire system that created this issue, and that's totally on them. Doing a good job for their customers is not an excuse, they still have to go to the guillotine.

You stole that t from a renter didn't you?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Motronic posted:

it's a silly meme, if it hits that close to home maybe you ought to reexamine some things

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

the holy poopacy posted:

it's a silly meme, if it hits that close to home maybe you ought to reexamine some things
Its kinda stopped being a meme at this point. People have called for both landlords (for the obvious) and renters (for giving money to the landlords) to go to the guillotine. If you make a single dollar more than the poverty line, you go to the guillotine. It's not funny anymore.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mx. posted:

This rear end in a top hat is a job creator in the same way that small scale landlords are providing housing

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Quackles posted:

Lately, all the builders around here have been building houses that are really made to fit at least two whole families. What would you recommend in that case?

Owner exemption would apply to the whole property so long as the owner lives in one of the two family spaces (or rents out rooms in her giant home). She is rewarded for the increased density by her second apartment on the live-in property being way more lucrative than a min owner occupied single family home taking up the same space.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 11, 2022

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Owner exemption would apply to the whole property so long as the owner lives in one of the two family spaces. She is rewarded for the increased density by her second apartment on the live-in property being way more lucrative than a min owner occupied single family home taking up the same space.

So you're really saying people shouldn't rent houses they don't live in. Makes sense.

What is your opinion on people who own extra houses (vacation homes, etc.) but don't rent them?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Its kinda stopped being a meme at this point. People have called for both landlords (for the obvious) and renters (for giving money to the landlords) to go to the guillotine. If you make a single dollar more than the poverty line, you go to the guillotine. It's not funny anymore.

Sir/Ma'am, this is the Tyburn Tree....

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Quackles posted:

So you're really saying people shouldn't rent houses they don't live in. Makes sense.

What is your opinion on people who own extra houses (vacation homes, etc.) but don't rent them?

They'd pay a shitload more more in local property taxes. Either they can afford it which funnels money to local government or they can't and sell (increasing inventory and theoretically lowering prices). In my mind, the taxes being implemented at the local level would mean that individual municipalities would tailor the tax scheme to their individual housing crises.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Quackles posted:

I don't have as well-thought-out a take as Boyardeez Nuts, but I think that also is something that depends a lot. Like, my dad bought a cabin in a rural area that the previous owner had used as a literal garbage dump and spent years clearing it out and then repairing the actual cabin, and that's a pretty different situation than someone owning multiple family-occupancy houses in population-dense areas, and a lot of stuff is going to fall between the two extremes.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Move on from the topic as we can’t be pedantic about it. I’m on day three of a period, let’s make sure the only blood being shed rn is mine.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Mx. posted:

quote:

I was paying a fixed cost each week, which includes groceries, but she would've been making like $150 in profit each week

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Wow $15/hr seems like a steal, anyway guess it's time for OP to get cooking.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
There's a certain flavour of goon whose approach to being asked to explain how to realistically transition from free reigning slumlords (in my personal opinion, bad) to universal access to housing as a human right (in my opinion, good) with a mixture of belligerent dismissal of questions asked in earnest and sneering appeals to ideological purity, who then act surprised when the conversational equivalent of making sweeping demands to just shut up and prepare the backyard furnaces fails to win them converts.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://youtu.be/VLTl9Im73Bo

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA kicking my stepson out after he tried stealing my necklace while I was asleep?

quote:

My stepson (19) got kicked out of his mother's house after stealing and selling a very expensive item from her husband. He was going from a friend's house to another til my husband brought him in. I wasn't thrilled to have him in the apartment given his "reputation" but he was almost homeless and needed help so I agreed to let him stay with us til we work something out with his mom.

Truth be told, he's pretty respectful, helped woth chores, washed ours and the neighbors cars (for cash) so I thought he had changed. BUT, something strange started happening, My 3k necklace disappeared once and I acvidently found it in the bathroom cabinet. then it disappeared again and I was lucky to find it but it was somehow hidden under the couch when I found it. I started realizing that my stepson was attempting to steal the necklace but I kept finding it when he'd hid it. I decided to wear it to keep it safe.

Mondau evening, I was napping in my bedroom while my husband was at work. I fell into deep sleep then suddenly got waken up by feeling someone's fingers on the back of my neck. I found my stepson trying to open my necklace's clasp. I was lying on one side and I turned and saw him, I started panicing and he took some steps back telling me to calm down. I sat up and yelled askibg what he was doing and he started sttutering. I figured he was trying to steal the necklace from me, I yelled at him to get out then called my husband crying.

My husband got home and tried to work the situation out by making his son apologize but I said I won't have him here anylonger, I don't feel safe anymore after he tried to snatch my necklace while I was sleeping!!! and this wasn't even the first time he tried to steal the necklace. my husband said his son had nowhere to go and it'd be cruel to kick him out but I demanded that he leave. He went to a friends house and my husband got back and picked a fight with me about how I'm putting him in a position to choose between his son and me. he kept comvincing me to let him return and promise to make him swear he won't do it but I refused. I'm honestly worried and can not be sleeping with both eyes closed with his son in the house.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Hughlander posted:

AITA kicking my stepson out after he tried stealing my necklace while I was asleep?

LOL I’m surprised the kid still has any friends to stay with. Although I’d imagine that’s a shortening list. I hope he gets kicked out of the homeless shelter he’ll eventually land in quickly.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Hughlander posted:

The obvious solution is to let him stay, let him steal something, report him. $3500 is felony territory. Prison time will solve the problem quickly!

not actually a serious suggestion

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Hughlander posted:

quote:

I'm putting him in a position to choose between his son and me
OP, he chose a long time ago. You lost. Flee.

AITA for passive-aggressively calling out a friend who undermined my leadership?

quote:

My best friend and I have been close since the 7th grade. We’re now 29 and run a summer camp as co-coordinators during the month of July with a committee of two other friends, who work as teaching staff at the camp.

In a casual conversation last Sunday, we started talking about camp and collectively realized- omg, it’s February already...we really should start planning our first committee meeting.

I just started a new job last week and now have a bunch more spare time than him, so I asked if he wanted me to send an email to get a feel for everyone’s schedule, to which he said “yeah- sounds great”.

Fastforward to Tuesday evening. I send the email and everyone replies on Wednesday saying Saturday is a good day to meet. Nobody says a specific time window except one colleague who says “nothing after 8pm”.

I send out a followup to the group, suggesting a specific time which reads as follows: “It’s looking like Saturday is our best option. With that in mind, how about a call this Saturday, the 12th at 4pm. Would that work for everyone?”

My bestie and co-coordinator replies 10 minutes later: “Awesome! Since Saturday works for everyone, let's say we meet at 12:30pm this Saturday (the 12th) in a Facebook Messenger call. Hope that works for everyone, but if not let me know!“

At this point, logically I know he probably just didn’t read my message, and therefore, didn’t realize I was finalizing things- but I’m loving livid. Why do I bother taking any initiative when my gestures in leadership are going to be downplayed in the best case, ignored in the medium case, or outright undermined all-together in the worst?

I then sent a self-depricating, but ultimately passive-aggressive text, knowing as a feeling type, he’ll realize what he did: “ Hey! How can I retract my 4pm message? Sorry- I should've consulted you about the specific time first before just barfing one out there like that.”

He hasn’t responded (it’s after midnight here, so fair enough)...but am I the rear end in a top hat/emotionally immature for reading this much intent into a petty-rear end email exchange?

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Feb 11, 2022

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for taking my kids to the beach alone instead of waiting for my husband?

quote:

My husband is the type of person who doesn’t ever switch off from work/life, even while we’re on vacation. It can be incredibly frustrating but I’ve given up on trying to get him to change.

During our vacation we were going to take the kids to the beach but my husband received an important work call from his brother just before we were supposed to leave. He told me it wouldn’t take longer than 5 minutes but after waiting for over 30 minutes with a 6-year-old who kept complaining about when we were going to leave, I decided to just take the kids down to the beach myself as it was only a 15 minute walk.

I would’ve told him we were leaving but he had gone into the other room and closed the door which is his way of telling me he doesn’t want to be disturbed. Instead I sent him a text that we would see him at the beach.

He texted me back telling me to wait for him about 5 minutes later but I didn’t see it until we got to the beach so when he got to the beach he was upset with me. He said I should’ve waited for him since we had the whole day to spend at the beach and he wanted to see the kids faces when they first got here.

AITA for going without him?

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

Evil Willow posted:

drat I love stories with a happy ending!

AITA for making my girlfriend pump her own gas?

And it just gets better!!!

Can I take legal action against my girlfriend for kicking me out?

quote:

My now ex girlfriend and I got into a petty argument and broke up. She kicked me out of the house and I want to know if there’s any legal action I can take.

The house was a gift from her parents and is in her name, but she kicked me out without any warning causing me to have to move back in with my patents and I simply don’t want to live with them. Is there a way I can make her have to let me move back in?

Edit: The state is North Carolina

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Invisible Clergy posted:

OP, he chose a long time ago. You lost. Flee.

AITA for passive-aggressively calling out a friend who undermined my leadership?

This new Wet Hot American Summer needs a rewrite.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Evil Willow posted:

And it just gets better!!!

Can I take legal action against my girlfriend for kicking me out?

lmfao

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

teen witch posted:

as a wee witch, I would avoid “white” cheese like the plague. I hated milk, and milk made cheese, therefore white cheese is bad. Only exception was for pizza (VERY rarely), parmesean (whether Kraft or real, but NOT MELTED. I hated ANY melted cheese), or feta. “Orange” cheese was safe. Yes it could be the same drat cheese on the Mac and cheese but if it was white, it was verboten.

Now as an adult I’m lactose intolerant.

E: cream cheese was fine. Hell even as an adult I will risk toilet death for a toasted poppy with cream cheese.

Is toilet death like fan death but you suffocate on terlet water?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for no longer wanting to hire our babysitter that constant complains about money troubles?

quote:

Back before the vid' struck, I interviewed several people for babysitting 2-3 times a week. I offered $15 an hour for my two year old, minimum 4 hours a day. I met a retired lady who would be available when I had to go to specialist appointments. She insisted she would be taking the bus, but I landed up picking her up with my car, taking her to my home and leaving her there with my child, would leave an extra $60 to order take out if it were supper time(food is super expensive in Canada, whenever we order Uber eats it normally costs this much with fees and a tip). She would often go into long rants about how everything in her life was just so hard, and I felt bad and would try to accomodate her such as increasing her pay up to $22 an hour over the past few years l, and then offering her $30 an hour once I had my son since she would be caring for two children now.

She saw me opening my bank account that I share with my husband, and began pointing out how we must be living the high life (she saw our savings which is less than six digits, we are comfortable, but we're not millionaires or anything like that). After that she began to whine about money problems, how rent was going up, how she couldn't afford her hydro bill, how oil cost too much, how she couldn't afford Christmas, how her aunt stole $2000 from her, how she stole $2000 from her again? Some weirdly racist remarks, how the government should be taking care of the white people first (I am indigenous and sort of white-passing, my husband is white) and how I didn't look "that bad" for my ethnicity? What made me realize I dreaded seeing her was that she said her son's student loan fell through, and tried asking me for $8000 for her son's tuition. I just tried to pretend I didn't hear her but she asked again, insisting she would pay me back (how?) and I told her I wasn't comfortable giving that much money out. I told her I don't need a babysitter anymore, and have instead began ordering Instacart for groceries, cancelled my therapist appointments and switched my part time schooling to online.

My husband thinks I am being petty by not wanting to hire her anymore because she seemed good with the children, but I told him I would rather begin looking for someone else. He's upset because the babysitter is friends with his mom and she's now telling people we fired her and stole her only source of income and made an old lady's life harder.

I don't know if I am being unreasonable not wanting to apologize and hire her back, and instead just begin looking for another casual sitter.

maybe dont hire a racist old biddy as a babysitter idk

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

AITA for kicking my wife out and keeping her daughter?

quote:

My wife (38f) and I (32m) have been together for 6 years. She has a daughter (8) when we met she was only 2. Her father left months before she was born and out of the blue just showed up at our door in December while I was at work.

When she formally met her father for the first time, he didn’t show much interest. More so interested in what my wife’s been up to all these years. Two weeks go by, not a single word about him. Then my wife says they’ve together made the decision to co-parent. She would not tell me where he lives, or even give me his number. I told her to give him my number in case of an emergency, but she said I didn’t need to get involved.

My wife always drops and picks up our daughter. Early January she began throwing a fit before going to her dads. She said it’s scary, dirty, and she can’t sleep there. She told me in front of her mother, she did not want to go again.

Fast forward to this past Friday. My wife is a SAHM and working to finish her masters. She got out of class at 8pm and was supposed to pickup our daughter right after. 9pm rolled around, they were not home yet and my wife wouldn’t answer my calls. I called her sisters, her mother. No one knew where she was. I drove to the college, no sign of her. Little after 2am my wife and daughter walk through the door. I was up, waiting nervously. My wife says, “I am so sorry” with the pure look of guilt on her face.

The story she told: She was in class when her phone died. She drove to his house, only to find no one was there. She couldn’t call him so she waited. They showed up just after 9pm with food in hand. Father explains they went to the fair and got dinner on the way back. Wife goes inside and allows daughter and father to eat dinner. My wife said she fell asleep on the couch while waiting, woke up at 1:45 and rushed home. Says she pulled an all nighter studying for her exam on Friday and was exhausted. If I recall correctly, she was in bed with me all night long and not studying.

Finally, she gives me this guy’s address, request I drop her off there from now on. Daughter and I get there, it’s a trailer in a high crime area along a busy highway. The place is crawling in roaches, there was liquor and beer bottles everywhere. There he sat in his underwear on the couch, completely wasted. I returned home, with my daughter.

Tonight I find out, my wife has been giving him money and paying his phone bill out of our shared account. I don’t like how she’s been referring to herself and him as if they’re a couple. I strongly feel she’s lying and believe they slept together. Tonight I asked her to leave, but told her she needs to leave our daughter at home, the only stable environment she’s ever known. I will do whatever it takes to protect her. Her grandmother (wife’s mother) 100% supports her staying with me. Legally, I have full guardianship so I’m not breaking the law.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for kicking my wife out and keeping her daughter?

Update: I’m exhausted but I’m going to update before bed. I just got off the phone with my MIL. Wife called her mother completely sobbing as she left from here. MIL told her she’s made her bed now lie in it. Said she is not welcomed at her house, and had warned her not to let the father back in. I tipped her off that I think she’s cheating. Honestly, I think my MIL is more livid than I am…and I’m pretty pissed off rn. There’s definitely more to this guy. My friend took a ride through the trailer park. She’s not there, maybe there is hope after all idk. I shut off all her financial access. I made her aware before doing this out of concern that he might have access to it. She has her credit cards, if he has access to those than that’s her credit down the drain. Before leaving, I gave her plenty of cash to get by for at least a week.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

AITA for telling my daughter to butt out of my personal life and asking her to stay with her mom?

quote:

So me (35M) and my ex wife holly (35F) have a 16 year old daughter named Shea. Me and holly started dating when we were 14 and divorced 1.5 years ago. The reason was she felt like she hasn’t experienced dating since we got together so young. And she was getting curious but didn’t want to step out on me. So I agreed to not hold her back and we divorced. We immediately got Shea into therapy. And she handled the whole thing really well at first.

Well I started to date, it was weird but kinda exciting. Shea was happy for me and encouraged me to go on dates. Well everything changed. Me and holly spent the night together 8 months ago and my daughter found us the next morning. She was giddy. But we explained to her that we weren’t getting back together. That we just have a very strong bond and are best friends. But she shouldn’t have found out.

Ever since sheas been a nightmare. I was dating a teacher from her school and she tried to sabotage it. Shea would show up on our dates (we track each other’s location). She would constantly bring up her mom in front of the girl I was dating. She was rude to her. Eventually we split because she didn’t want the drama.

The past 8 months Shea has been sending me pics of her and her mom in workout classes. She keeps telling me about holly’s new fitness. Holly has lost weight and she looks freaking incredible. But I kept telling her that me and her mom are better apart right now. About 4 months ago holly calls me. She admitted to drinking a bottle of wine and saying some stuff to Shea. She told her the reason we split up and that she regretted it and wanted the family back together. And that she was done dating because she hated it. I sat down Shea and explained to her again my stance. That I absolutely love her and her mom, and that their was definitely a possibility of reconciliation down the line. But at this point I was having fun.

So I started to see sheas friends mom around this time. We kept it from the girls until we thought it was real. Shea freaked out. She cut off her friend. She sent my GF a lengthy Facebook message that basically said she was wasting her time. That I was in love with my ex. I talked to Shea about how inappropriate that was. And we got her back into therapy. So last week my GF was trying to get something from my house. I wasn’t home but Shea was. My GF knocked on the door. Shea saw who it was and wouldn’t open the door. I called her and told her to open it. And she refused. I had to run home from work to let my GF in. I was furious with Shea. I basically told her that she needed to butt out of my personal life. And that maybe it would be best if she stayed at her moms (we don’t have a formal custody agreement) for awhile. Until she could accept that I was dating. She left and I called holly. Holly thinks I’m being an AH. AITA?

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

therobit posted:

AITA for telling my daughter to butt out of my personal life and asking her to stay with her mom?

This has to be a sitcom plot, I just can’t think which one.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for asking my boyfriend to stop emulating Winnie the Pooh?

quote:

So this conflict came up recently because I (24F) moved in with my boyfriend (25M). The issue is that he has started walking around the apartment and spending most of his days completely bottomless, dick out with just his shirt on. He calls this "Winnie the Poohing". He told me he started it during work from home because he thought it was funny to be on Zoom and just not have pants on. I'll be honest it makes me a little uncomfortable for him to just constantly have his penis out in front of me so I have requested he just wear boxers at least. He thinks I'm trying to be too controlling and that I should appreciate his body. However it just feels kind of unsanitary and weirdly dangerous (he was cooking with oil and a drop of oil spat out of the pan and landed on his penis). So AITA for not wanting to constantly look at my boyfriends penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.

Mx. posted:

AITA for asking my boyfriend to stop emulating Winnie the Pooh?

r/Zoom • 2 yr. ago
Posted by Spidergirl64
COWORKER WASN'T WEARING PANTS

quote:

OHHH K. so my job has to host meetings for the general public and we set up the whole thing 30 minutes ahead of time. One of the officials for the meeting shows up 25 minutes early. No biggie, she can't see us or hear anything outside of a notice. She then decided to get up and grab some stuff behind. She's wearing some big nightgown esque shirt and I don't care. Then she turns entire back to the camera and that's when I realized there's no underwear either.

We were recording. the. whole. time.

I'm going to edit it out of the official report, but scared the absolute crap out of me. I'm just really shocked right now.