Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Glad to finally put that starting continent behind me! Already liking this new area more so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Enjoying the game enough as a mindless boar clicker in these early levels. Trying not to have a panic attack at all of the systems it dumps on you the moment you finish the lvl 25-ish castle siege, but I'm sure it's all simple enough mechanics poorly taught - like the gems, engravings and effects. Maybe I'll just thwack away like I've been doing and worry about these things when I have more resources at my disposal.
I picked the Bard because I'm an idiot but it's a very fun class, I love the majority of my skills being dedicated to pushing enemies into my AoE puddles. Apparently I support too.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Servers are shutting down in 5 mins... 4 mins... *disconnected*

What time do the founder boxes go poof and was the $99 one actually worth it in the end there was a lot of unknown beforehand.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

ghostinmyshell posted:

Servers are shutting down in 5 mins... 4 mins... *disconnected*

What time do the founder boxes go poof and was the $99 one actually worth it in the end there was a lot of unknown beforehand.
gold is the Best Value
plat if you want the extra limited skins

silver is the worst one

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Is there any info on the classes that are going to be coming to the NA release in the next month or so? With the bum rush that is gonna happen tonight I figure it would just be easier to wait a little bit until there is the one unified global version.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

They have not confirmed anything about what order we will be getting the other classes in, or how long it will be. Odds are they will become available 1 at a time rather than all at once since I believe that is how it was done on RU.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Out of curiosity, is there any way to level alts that isn't "use a power pass" or "do the story again?"

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Knowledge transfer, which is 600g and 8 hours and boosts them to 50 as well.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is 600g a lot? I don't have a good sense of scale on silver/gold yet :v:

Anyway that's good to know there's another option.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Suprfli6 posted:

They have not confirmed anything about what order we will be getting the other classes in, or how long it will be. Odds are they will become available 1 at a time rather than all at once since I believe that is how it was done on RU.

Oh, I just want to know what the classes are and how they play since they have been released already outside the US.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Harrow posted:

Is 600g a lot? I don't have a good sense of scale on silver/gold yet :v:

Anyway that's good to know there's another option.

not a ton once you hit 50. and i THINK its one knowledge transfer per character you level normally?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BexGu posted:

Oh, I just want to know what the classes are and how they play since they have been released already outside the US.

Scouter - A gunmans class that turns you into Ironman

Reaper - An assassin class that turns you into subtly rogue

Summoner - A mage class that has lots of fire and forget passive damage

Arcana - A mage class that has you fling cards both at melee and mid range, lets you customize using different arcana cards

Lance Master- Female martial artist that uses a long spear

Destroyer- A male warrior that has a comically large lightning hammer

Painter - A new support for the new base class, anime fox girl

F.Berserker - A female berserker with less pants and armor and more heels.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Alts on another server is pretty much pointless right? I'm loving torn because I started this last night since a buddy of mine bought me the bronze pack but I have another friend who wants to check this out now that it's free and I will need to make an alt on whatever server he ends up on to play with him :smith:

Wooglin
Sep 5, 2002
Are the servers down now until the official launch (noon eastern)?

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Crazy that Amazon/Smilegate decided to use flavour text on tooltips for all the currencies instead of helpful information (where to use them would be a start).

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Virigoth posted:

As an MMO player this is considered above and beyond lmao

Every MMO I've touched in the last decade has world transfers. Even vanilla wow had it before it was an individual service, so they could migrate high pop players to low pop en masse.

I'm not going to praise them for their band-aid solution for completely omitting a fundamental feature that would have resolved this issue.

The idea that you need to completely re-roll is so frustrating. 22 hours down the drain. You can't even skip the cut scenes on the new server. If it was high queues, or disconnects then whatever. It's an MMO launch, I'd expect it. I could just have spent that time in something else. Instead I just feel like I wasted my time and paid for a meaningless "head start".

This sucks.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Suprfli6 posted:

A dev was translated yesterday as saying we'd get them one at a time every 2-3 months but a Korean player said the translator was wrong and he actually said we'd have all of them in 2-3 months. The idea was to catch up to current Korea content asap.

No idea how legit that is but I'd agree since they dove into T3 instead of starting us at T1 for a bit.

How were the classes released in korea? Free but with cosmetics and/or boost packages at release?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
The whole thing sucks and is annoying but what bugs me the most is they put out a tweet that gave everyone an hour before locking the servers.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

bagrada posted:

A dev was translated yesterday as saying we'd get them one at a time every 2-3 months but a Korean player said the translator was wrong and he actually said we'd have all of them in 2-3 months. The idea was to catch up to current Korea content asap.

No idea how legit that is but I'd agree since they dove into T3 instead of starting us at T1 for a bit.

How were the classes released in korea? Free but with cosmetics and/or boost packages at release?

It would make sense on the devs end to get the game to a unified global release ASAP just to avoid the headache of having multiple different release across multiple regions.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I can't get over what a weird choice it was to drug all the voice actors before they delivered their lines.

My kindgom is on fire :geno: ...I must push myself to my limits :geno:...time to unleash my real power :geno:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh yeah that reminds me what the hell is it with all the people standing around going "UUUUUUUGHHHHH"

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

explosivo posted:

Oh yeah that reminds me what the hell is it with all the people standing around going "UUUUUUUGHHHHH"

I definitely thought it was some player using a /ugh emote or something to troll at first

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
I normally have a pretty limited amount of playtime and I have a day off today but NO, server maintenance/release day. I just wanna blast dudes with my big gun and chillout!

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

explosivo posted:

Aeiou

John madden

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

It's kinda crazy that GW2 came out with no fixed server system a decade ago but they're still the only mmo that has really tried this. It doesn't seem like much of a technical challenge to have a central list of characters and let those characters log onto any server they feel like in their region.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

To be at least a little bit fair, GW2 seems to be a uniquely technically-competent MMO, at least on the server end (graphical performance is another thing entirely, thanks to its old-rear end engine, but still). They also never have to take the servers down to deploy patches or do maintenance or anything like that. GW2 runs circles around every other MMO on the market when it comes to server stability and the whole megaserver system. So I'm not surprised Lost Ark doesn't have anything similar. Nobody really does, which suggests to me it's a lot harder than we might imagine to pull off.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Anet has also been focusing on fixing the server/patch issues of MMO's since the days of Guild Wars 1 but it is pretty sad that no one else has even tried to copy the advances they have made.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

GW is a bad example because the tech team behind that was ex (good) blizzard engineers behind battle net, and gw1/2 were wildly ahead of their time in a lot of ways

Not sure any of those people are still there at Anet these days

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Mordiceius posted:

Since there aren't any "lady with big sword" classes :mad:, which lady class has the biggest weapon?

I'm absolutely going to make a Shadowhunter because I love the big arm blades and GIANT DEMON STAND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LNOSm-NaME

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm kind of impressed this game actually bothers to have Z-axis hit detection but also kind of annoyed because it feels like half the classes constantly juggle trash above my soul fist death fields and kamehamehas.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

SpaceDrake posted:

Boy howdy turning the first ten levels into a .mov file is a bit awkward, though. :v:

I was finally like did I hit a level yet? Whens this start? What level am I? Oh... im level 12?

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Guess I'll level 2 alts manually because I absolutely just want to boost and play Scouter and Reaper when they release.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Still enjoying scrapper

I do wish I could get my brain out of "single target"/aoe mode where sometimes there's one mob left and my brain freezes up like "oh God everything is an aoe skill what do I do"

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 11, 2022

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

sharknado slashfic posted:

Blizzard would have instead taken away our items as punishment and charged us $30

Every single WoW Collectors Edition since vanilla has given you the items on every character (up until things were made account-wide) so this is demonstrably untrue, they're leaps and bounds better than Smilegate/Amazon on this particular point.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Fenarisk posted:

Guess I'll level 2 alts manually because I absolutely just want to boost and play Scouter and Reaper when they release.
There is a boost system in the game that costs a bit of gold. You should use your free boosts now and then use the game's boost when they come out. You can boost straight through even some of the post-game content using the in-game system. It will cause you to wait 8+ hours to play the classes after they release, but given the time it saves it's nice.

It's also pretty likely they'll give away more boosts in the future or add them to the cash shop at some point.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

QuantaStarFire posted:

Every single WoW Collectors Edition since vanilla has given you the items on every character (up until things were made account-wide) so this is demonstrably untrue, they're leaps and bounds better than Smilegate/Amazon on this particular point.

I was just making a Blizzard joke that I also edited out because I knew this would happen

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
lol

https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1492178267138244609?s=20&t=h861wNDXQ545HJGxcSg3fg

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Boy they sure do love their last-minute major announcements, huh

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

"A matter of hours" lol lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Boss: Take the rest of the day off.
Me: OH YEAH
Me: Looks at delay

Sorry everyone :smith: