Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

There's the weird poo poo in the sky books by topsy crets, people were emailing his grieving son for the remaining copies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Mola Yam posted:

meditating. suddenly, time slows down. an orb appears before me. one word is emphatically beamed into my head:

"vote"

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

SniperWoreConverse posted:

so the moon is the size of the us, canada, and russia combined, & it's hypothetically possible to purify regolith into enormous glass panels, so we should just greenhouse the whole thing to like 250m up and export the excess carbon dioxide from our atmosphere to there. Sprinkle on some lichens or whatever random bullshit seeds and stuff from random spots on earth. There's basically no possible way this could ever be a mistake. Lack of vision imo.

There's a neat concept called paraterraforming that's basically this. A lot of moons and planets are never going to be "naturally" habitable so the basic idea is build a ton of kilometer+ tall towers and span a roof over them to enclose a colony so the air gets kept in and radiation kept out. From there it could be gradually expanded until the whole surface is enclosed.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Explain?

I tried doing astral projection a long time ago now. I've tried again since but not with the same discipline and vigor (one-offs). My experiments ended last time when I couldn't get past the "vibration" phase. Vibration my rear end felt like I was being swung in a hammock across the length of the room. You try staying calm through that. Anyway I should try again, yes yes. Any techniques the thread favors?

Monroe found this thing where you can achieve weird poo poo via (i typoed cia lol) audio and semi meditation states that involves headphones and different sound pulses on the left and right to get both side in sync. hemi sync. you can find the collection easily.

the cia were involved with the program and were involved with his institute quite overtly actually. but some of us are playing with his stuff. i have reservations considering its heritage but its interesting poo poo

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Is there a reading list for this thread?

EDIT: I will accept Woo.

Passport to Magonia

The Day After Roswell

The Mothman Prophecies

The UFO Experience

Communion

Abduction: Human Encounters with Aliens

Humanoid Encounters

those are some classics to get you started. the early UFO lit of the 50s is interesting but obviously rather dated; worth reading for context and history - Behind the Flying Saucers, The Coming of the Saucers, The Flying Saucers are Real, etc.

a lot of us itt are fans of William Corliss. not UFO specific but look up the Sourcebook project; they are compilations of anomalous activity of all kinds throughout he ages. books are hard to find now though.

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Fly Ricky posted:

It’s very good. As with all of Kutchin’s books he has done an exhaustive amount of research. Most his stuff I have to take a break from at some point because I only have so much interest in faerie food, kids getting stolen in the night, etc.
Cheers!

Perry Mason Jar posted:

UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record - Leslie Kean

In Plain Sight: An investigation into UFOs and impossible science - Ross Coulthart

UFOs & Nukes - Robert L Hastings

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

From the TAMU Thread:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Sleekly posted:

Monroe found this thing where you can achieve weird poo poo via (i typoed cia lol) audio and semi meditation states that involves headphones and different sound pulses on the left and right to get both side in sync. hemi sync. you can find the collection easily.

the cia were involved with the program and were involved with his institute quite overtly actually. but some of us are playing with his stuff. i have reservations considering its heritage but its interesting poo poo

I used music in my astral attempts! I'd stick to instrumental ambient or prog-rock type stuff. An important key to achieving an appropriate state of relaxation was allowing your mind to run with the music and create images without your conscious input. This was tricky since it's easy to fall asleep doing this, but the music helped keep you awake.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Start with this, it isn't woo at all: UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record - Leslie Kean

Then move on to the harder drugs.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Not a book but also watch the documentary Miragemen

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
would be nice of the space comrades to come down and fix this hot mess of a planet any day now

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Koirhor posted:

would be nice of the space comrades to come down and fix this hot mess of a planet any day now

would also accept the cleansing hellfire of nuclear annihilation if they take one look at us and go "nooooope"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/thoreauawhelan/status/1492186544396017666?s=20&t=IurtiXr01USResEvTw3NIQ

thank you mr aitee :3:

I don't 100% follow what he's saying though. Is he saying it was fake or that he sort of believes himself still?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Nichael posted:

https://twitter.com/thoreauawhelan/status/1492186544396017666?s=20&t=IurtiXr01USResEvTw3NIQ

thank you mr aitee :3:

I don't 100% follow what he's saying though. Is he saying it was fake or that he sort of believes himself still?

It sounds like he still believes it at least to some degree, at least that's what I get out of the Medium article where he talks about it being related to remote viewing.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Azathoth posted:

It sounds like he still believes it at least to some degree, at least that's what I get out of the Medium article where he talks about it being related to remote viewing.

Ah alright, that's what I thought but the beginning tweet was confusing.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Nichael posted:

Ah alright, that's what I thought but the beginning tweet was confusing.

Yeah, it all sounds like a hedge to me on both sides but he's definitely not saying it was fiction. Or at least intentional fiction.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

regardless of his point it doesn't take much reading to suss out that guy is a tremendous tool
so if that's our ambassador to contact we are proper hosed

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
I go out to let the dog out to pee, time slows down, an orb appears and a voice projects into my head:

"Don't forget to put bottles in the recycling bin"

I spend the next ten minutes in despair. My municipality stopped accepting bottles months ago.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A message beamed across the sky, simultaneously, seemingly in all languages and none at once but the message is clear:
sign our change.org petition to form an exploratory committee into the first steps towards contact

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Aitee guy needs to double down and BeLiEvE this poo poo works like air bud the more we believe the more we win the team

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Now I'm imagining a 90's animal sports cringefest colliding with fire in the sky or whatever

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Slavvy posted:

Now I'm imagining a 90's animal sports cringefest colliding with fire in the sky or whatever

there's no rule that says a peanut can't play basketball

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

here's a good song for when the earth's weird magnetic field fucks up ur fancy shapeshifting pissorb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spK1EnSMX5E

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

New interview with Hal Putoff...and Eric Weinstein as well but the Hal stuff should be interesting.

https://twitter.com/AlchemyAmerican/status/1492225534570348546?t=4emh5_QUqbw2uj59tarNYQ&s=19

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

regardless of his point it doesn't take much reading to suss out that guy is a tremendous tool
so if that's our ambassador to contact we are proper hosed

Pnutties picked this guy up to study our local flavor of rear end in a top hat and purposefully gave him the wrong contact details as a joke

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Slavvy posted:

The inspirational training montage is interrupted by a hard cut to a screaming medical torture scene, then back to them winning the final field goal

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I really struggle with all the Skinwalker Ranch stuff. It all sounds so fanciful. But then there's some big, and I guess, reputable names checking it out and investing in it.. but I find it such a hard sell. And it has the stink of Lue's "believe me there's footage out there that'll knock your socks off!" about it too. Amazing stories sure, but it's just too sexy to be legitimate.

I'm listening to the Astonishing Legends episode about Skinwalkers in the Pentagon with Georgie Knapp. It's interesting, but I'm just not sold. I'm open minded on the woo, but Skinwalker Ranch is just.. eh

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Skinwalker and all the stories are to UAP/para stuff as the film U571 is to the actual story of the capture of the enigma machine.

Just Americana bullshit colliding with a popular topic imo. If there's some kernel of truth there you won't find it I don't think.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

toggle posted:

And it has the stink of Lue's "believe me there's footage out there that'll knock your socks off!" about it too. Amazing stories sure, but it's just too sexy to be legitimate.

What's so hard to believe about that, though, considering the 2021 pentagon report on the UAP Task Force admitted they have hundreds of videos of uaps?

Pontificating Ass has issued a correction as of 23:40 on Feb 11, 2022

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

I don't see why the skinwalker ranch incidents (or more like the "uintah basin incidents") are any different than all these other crazy UFO stories we hear. I think it's interesting that there are stories of weird poo poo going back centuries in that area, and that the people who have an interest in it in the modern day include bigelow and his science dudes, and the DIA, and not just random UFO nerds. Maybe it's nothing but stories, or maybe some of it is true (hell yeah freaky shadow giants and UFOs) but I also think the word "skinwalker" as well as the TV shows about it make the whole thing sound extra dumb/fake

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Rah! posted:

I don't see why the skinwalker ranch incidents (or more like the "uintah basin incidents") are any different than all these other crazy UFO stories we hear. I think it's interesting that there are stories of weird poo poo going back centuries in that area, and that the people who have an interest in it in the modern day include bigelow and his science dudes, and the DIA, and not just random UFO nerds. Maybe it's nothing but stories, or maybe some of it is true (hell yeah freaky shadow giants and UFOs) but I also think the word "skinwalker" as well as the TV shows about it make the whole thing sound extra dumb/fake

It's a pretty common report that once you start looking for weird poo poo, you start seeing way more weird poo poo. There's an argument to be made that the Uintah Basin is just an area where people not only are socially conditioned to watch for this sort of thing but also there is less (not no) social stigma about talking about such things.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

https://tinyklaus.medium.com/the-somber-implications-of-the-cognitive-human-interface-1f64c1fde643

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Oh cool this will wash down the real :yikes: turn that Death's End has taken down under

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
My God CHIM was real all along

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

you know, thinking about slide 9 and *waves generally at everything over the past 6 years* ya know, maybe we've been under attack for a while now

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

chainchompz posted:

I go out to let the dog out to pee, time slows down, an orb appears and a voice projects into my head:

"Don't forget to put bottles in the recycling bin"

I spend the next ten minutes in despair. My municipality stopped accepting bottles months ago.

And I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, "Come To Best Buy and See These Amazing Savings On All 2021 Floor Models."

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

we are surrounded by a dark matter/dark energy universe that we can’t perceive

they can see you though

the shadow man causes your sleep paralysis not the other way around

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
unidentified cartesian demon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU