Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

let me be clear! the bluetooth was in my ear while i was snowmobiling, i was on the phone! technically..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
I was on my business snowmobile taking calls and to suggest otherwise is completely out of line!

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:09 on Oct 29, 2022

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

zipping around cottage country on my snowmobile while Ottawa is invaded, like a good leader

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

choke someone out!!!! its the canadian way

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

writing off my snowmobile as an office expense

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

I only caught pieces; did he say they're going to immediately use those large fines and seizing licenses, or is it a "wait and see if we need to do it?"

With all that trade bunged-up at the bridge, there's going to be blood soon if they don't actually act. The pressure will just keep building and more supporters are going to coalesce around it.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
the whole ‘we don’t actually control our cops’ thing is honestly ominous. like, doesn’t that raise the question of ‘what if they don’t listen then…?’

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
chuds blinked and opened a lane at the ambassador bridge. they scured.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

the whole ‘we don’t actually control our cops’ thing is honestly ominous. like, doesn’t that raise the question of ‘what if they don’t listen then…?’

Yeah, I caught that and that subtext makes the whole state of emerg. seem like a giant nothingburger when the police are demonstrably sympathetic to their "cause".

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

I think it's mostly an attempt to distance themselves from the cops since there are more vids of them chilling with the chuds every day. Doug needs someone to stuff under the bus in the short term. Then after this he can say they were trying really hard to end the occupation but don't control the police wink wink.

edit: also now he can tell the auto manufacturers he wasn't doing nothing when they come for his blood

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Now it's the Manitoban lump of poo poo's turn to speak in 10 minutes. Awaiting disaster.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

chuds blinked and opened a lane at the ambassador bridge. they scured.

someone doesn't want to lose their license

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Vintersorg posted:

Now it's the Manitoban lump of poo poo's turn to speak in 10 minutes. Awaiting disaster.

There is a blockade in Manitoba?

or is this general covid poo poo?

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

apatheticman posted:

highway 75 border

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

vyelkin posted:

doug was just asked if he's going to actually have people arrested and his response is "well I can't actually tell the police what to do so :shrug:"

i mean, he literally cannot, and that's probably a good thing in general.

otoh, if we have to ask if the police forces are going to follow direction from the government, it's a bad sign no matter what

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

bobmarleysghost posted:

someone doesn't want to lose their license

I would not play gently caress around find out with the border agency if I was actually a truck driver

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
sure hope this legitimacy doesn't have a crisis

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

apatheticman posted:

Premier and "top" doctor giving update on covid restrictions.

And yeah, we have idiots downtown planning a goddamn festival this weekend with kids and poo poo. And the Emerson border is fully blocked.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

ghosthorse posted:

I would not play gently caress around find out with the border agency if I was actually a truck driver

well, good news!

i can wait for all the :qq: in the coming months as the people involved in the blockades discover they're on a list and no longer welcome in the us

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

lmao we live in a failed state

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

infernal machines posted:

well, good news!

i can wait for all the :qq: in the coming months as the people involved in the blockades discover they're on a list and no longer welcome in the us

Honestly it'd be very poetic given the original stated grievances.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
gently caress yeah its going to own getting yelled at for still wearing a mask after mar 15th

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
imagine martyring your career over border restrictions that most people support, is only controlled by our country in one direction, and are ultimately temporary anyway

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Brandon Proust posted:

The punitive elements of state power are still healthy and operative. Just ask any pipeline protestor

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

FUN

DA

MENTALS

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

infernal machines posted:

well, good news!

haha yeah it's ironic the people who are going to get barred are the ones with trump flags who love going there

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

drat horror queefs posted:

The punitive elements of state power are still healthy and operative. Just ask any pipeline protestor

I mean, how much of this is actual state power and how much of it is interests aligning between the state and the RCMP / provincial police being able to assault people they don't like?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Brandon Proust posted:

We always did

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Karach posted:

I'm not an army guy, but I imagine appearing on video in uniform on social media to call elected political leaders liars and charlatans is not great for your career. What will actually happen to this guy?

Also, the Air Force has a mayor, apparently.

EDIT: It's fake, never mind

okay little late but holy poo poo this entire subreddit

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"Manitobans are ready to get their lives back"

Bitch, listen - my life has been great cause i wear a mask, got my shots, can do whatever I want.

The only loving idiots crying about wanting their lives back are unvaxxed plague rats.

CLAM DOWN posted:

"We're the baby killers of the 21st century!" Pretty apt.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

She keeps repeating her lines, "it's the prime ministers job!! this isn't unique to us!"

What a lazy fucker.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

CLAM DOWN posted:

Ew, now im seeing Doug Ford as Xerxes

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

CLAM DOWN posted:

it's pretty wild, I figured you'd all found it already. if not, have fun.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I'm been very interested in this day. I knew it was coming. We are opening up fully.
And we will never, ever close again.
So.
How do we live from now on? Like it or not we are being forced to "live with it". I assume numbers will stop being announced so we will be in the dark to how "safe" it is.
Now it's easy to say "we'll keep wearing your respirator" forever. A lot harder to do it forever.
So, what is everyone thinking? How is life going to go on for you from whenever your province gets rid of everything if they haven't yet?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Heathers mask is coming off "It's just 1 virus!!! Why do we have to restrict our lives?!!"

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I'm been very interested in this day. I knew it was coming. We are opening up fully.
And we will never, ever close again.
So.
How do we live from now on? Like it or not we are being forced to "live with it". I assume numbers will stop being announced so we will be in the dark to how "safe" it is.
Now it's easy to say "we'll keep wearing your respirator" forever. A lot harder to do it forever.
So, what is everyone thinking? How is life going to go on for you from whenever your province gets rid of everything if they haven't yet?

gently caress if I know. I'm pretty much resigned to catching COVID at this point. I'm not going to do unsafe things but I don't want to overly restrict my kids lives, so they'll most likely be the vector.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
pop-up kissing booth is in the garage and ready to roll

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
We know you can get reinfected with it, so getting it once means little.
We know that no one is going to be checking numbers anymore, so even if you, a C-SPAM poster, check the deaths and loudly go "HMMM why is there a rise of 20% in deaths this year HMMM" no one is going to admit poo poo.
And you will get funny looks post-*INSERT END OF MANDATE*

I don't really see how you CAN be safe from here on in without incredible destruction to your life. You would literally become a monk, forsaking all societal obligations and connection for the rest of your life while wearing a respirator 24/7 outside of your door and only venturing out for essentials.
Forever.
I doubt, no actually I do not believe, anyone that says that is what they are doing going forward. Especially anyone with a partner or children. Or friends. Or family. Or work.

Right now, I've expected this as the conservatives dropped the hints months ago. I honestly just don't know how to move forward. I guess the smart thing would be to hold off ripping off masks and crowd surfing immediately and give it a month or so, but again the governments won't be able to close shop on surveillance and monitoring fast enough. There will be no more numbers to follow or help guide decisions.

Hmmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

DariusLikewise posted:

gently caress yeah its going to own getting yelled at for still wearing a mask after mar 15th

Means I have 3 weeks to find a WFH job because like gently caress I'm working retail anymore. Anyone know the fastest way to get a WFH computer toucher job?