Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

loopsheloop posted:

Are PS5/PS4 players expected to share a server? Tried googling it and all I can find is news on the servers being down lol
Elden Ring has cross-gen multiplayer. So PS5 & PS4 player can play together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

codo27 posted:

You know what I couldn't beat, was the extra 1v2 battle at the end of Nioh. Only tried a few times because it just seemed impossible

which one :getin:

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

arcane stat determines how many skeletons you can harvest from each chest

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
https://twitter.com/EldenRingUpdate/status/1492164630273216513?s=20&t=SaUm1GicdPdlQCgMzdtjNA

Retailers have them in warehouses now, except full leaks imminently. Raise filter shields

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

hatty posted:

Sekiro is easier because you can’t unknowingly put ten levels into a trash stat on your first play through

Sekiro's difficulty is aimed at a very specific set of character capabilities, which means (at the risk of stating a tautology) it's easier than Dark Souls if you're actually good at the game and harder if you're not.

imo they should have gone even further, made pretty much all the passive abilities baseline and make tools, weapon arts, etc. all unlock on a Zelda-like basis as you progress through the story. but it's a start

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
do we know how the pokemon work yet? not sure if they’re a spell or an item or what. is there a stat i can focus on to have the strongest pokemon?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mods ban anyone that spoils Elden Ring

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Can somebody tell me if there is a ring in elden ring

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Frankston posted:

Can somebody tell me if there is a ring in elden ring

There was. But it broke

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Funnily the ring equipment slots are now talismans. So no rings.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

skasion posted:

There was. But it broke
tbf it was pretty old already

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

giZm posted:

tbf it was pretty old already

that ring got real elden

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

I was hoping against hope that it'd be more in line with DS3 and Sekiro so I could maaaaaybe run it with the occasional stuttering but that's not happening with those CPU requirements. In contrast to most players I think my GPU is okay for 1080p60 (1650 Super) but my CPU's an 11-year-old i5-750, lol. Oh well. That's the open world effect I guess.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Sekiro's difficulty is aimed at a very specific set of character capabilities, which means (at the risk of stating a tautology) it's easier than Dark Souls if you're actually good at the game and harder if you're not.

imo they should have gone even further, made pretty much all the passive abilities baseline and make tools, weapon arts, etc. all unlock on a Zelda-like basis as you progress through the story. but it's a start

I did better in Sekiro than i did in any of the Souls games.

Does... does that mean Im good at Souls?

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Sway Grunt posted:

I was hoping against hope that it'd be more in line with DS3 and Sekiro so I could maaaaaybe run it with the occasional stuttering but that's not happening with those CPU requirements. In contrast to most players I think my GPU is okay for 1080p60 (1650 Super) but my CPU's an 11-year-old i5-750, lol. Oh well. That's the open world effect I guess.

Yeah, I was real surprised by that CPU requirement. I feel like my computer is still pretty new-ish, but it has an i7-8700k which doesn't seem that far ahead of the minimum there :ohdear:

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Elden Ring on Xbox Series X or PC with a 5 year old AMD RX 480? The Xbox will likely run it better, but I'm wondering if there will be mods for PC in the future that would make it worthwhile.

I'll also have to fight my teenage son for the xbox but the PC is mine.

Edit - Just saw the min spec is a RX 580. Guess that answers that question!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_e0Mj_2_Ic

Sorry for linking fextralife

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
"Hey, that thing. You're dark soul. Give it to me."

John darksoul, elder ring, 2022

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
My graphics card is too old :(

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Gonna be a wretch and cheese my way through every fight I can!

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out
Aw hell. I'm running an 1600x and and 1070, am I boned?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

sorry, that was supposed to be a implied "there's more than one, and they get worse"

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
"I know now why you died"

-John Darksouls

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Lexorin posted:

Gonna be a wretch and dominate every fight with ease!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Thank goodness I did end up building a new PC for this even though I had to settle for a years-old card I got from work. My old machine had a 970.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Zarin posted:

Yeah, I was real surprised by that CPU requirement. I feel like my computer is still pretty new-ish, but it has an i7-8700k which doesn't seem that far ahead of the minimum there :ohdear:
Do keep in mind that the listed minimum system specs aren't the actual minimum specs required to run the game, but the lowest specs the game has been tested on.

For example I could run DaS3 with a PC specs that were lower then listed minimums. I recon if you can run DaS3 or Sekiro comfortable, you'll be fine with Elden Ring on the lower graphical settings.

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.

Cowcaster posted:

sorry, that was supposed to be a implied "there's more than one, and they get worse"

I played through Nioh 1 for the first time last year and had a lot more trouble with the 2nd shinobi duo fight (Okatsu and Hanzo?) than these 2. I liked that the game feels like it dares you to out-cheese bosses. Still gotta play Nioh 2 at some point but not much time before Elden Ring 😢

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Groovelord Neato posted:

Thank goodness I did end up building a new PC for this even though I had to settle for a years-old card I got from work. My old machine had a 970.

from what i remember when i settled for a 1060 during the first bitcoin boom a 970 was essentially on par with it, you might have gotten away with it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Boy of Joy posted:

I played through Nioh 1 for the first time last year and had a lot more trouble with the 2nd shinobi duo fight (Okatsu and Hanzo?) than these 2.

exactly the fight i was thinking of. though i went to look it up and all the videos on the internet are of people stunting on them so maybe i just didn't understand nioh properly

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/eldenringupdate/status/1492128790058725386?s=21

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

One of the Digital Foundry guys (I think Alex?) hopped into the ResetEra thread to say basically ignore those minimum reqs. The fact there aren’t also a recommended set makes me think it’s like a placeholder or wasn’t put in correctly or something. Looks weird.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
it's weird that so many people talk about the comparative difficulty of the soul games and say things like 'well when you have perfect knowledge of game x it's actually the easiest game'

I guess the difficulty of the games would be very different if you weren't trying to explore and figure out your own strategies to get through, but isn't that how most people want to play these games? It's not relevant to most people that sekiro is actually the easiest once you have full understanding of the combat system, or that dark souls is actually easy if you know ahead of time which weapons are the best and where to get them

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Holy poo poo those min specs are ridiculous

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

tote up a bags posted:

Two FUCKEN weeks

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Gologle posted:

Holy poo poo those min specs are ridiculous

in what way? they seem pretty reasonable to me

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, that's a 6 year old GPU.

The plague has accelerated time a bit so understandable you think it's still 2019.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Thanks for spoilering but I couldn't help myself. That is a BIG BOY. Wonder if this game is gonna have climbing like Dragon's Dogma etc.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

dodgeblan posted:

it's weird that so many people talk about the comparative difficulty of the soul games and say things like 'well when you have perfect knowledge of game x it's actually the easiest game'

idk if this was directed at me but i wasn't talking about "perfect knowledge", i was talking about the distinction between player skill and in-game scaling

a game with RPG scaling by definition is going to have a wider range of difficulty than one with a (relatively) fixed power ratio between the player and the enemies. so it's gonna be harder if you normally hell grind and easier if you normally speed through content underleveled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

dodgeblan posted:

I guess the difficulty of the games would be very different if you weren't trying to explore and figure out your own strategies to get through, but isn't that how most people want to play these games? It's not relevant to most people that sekiro is actually the easiest once you have full understanding of the combat system, or that dark souls is actually easy if you know ahead of time which weapons are the best and where to get them

I wouldn't call any From game easy. I think they've just done so little to the core Souls games over the years, that anyone who had cut their teeth on a previous Souls game could go in and wreck a new/unplayed one.

It became less "I can't get used to attacks being on the trigger buttons and I keep spam rolling and wasting stamina I gotta stop panicking like that and why have I been two-handing this sword for the last 20 minutes how do I get my shield out" to "I'll just let this boss swing a few times and then go in"