Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Heffer posted:

Thinking back, I really expected the hospital janitor to have a bigger part. He casually dropped that he went to MIT, so I figured theyd reach out to him for tech poo poo this season.

No way he's trustworthy enough for that :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Lost it at the clerk giving judomaster the thumbs up

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

biracial bear for uncut posted:

You're in luck, there is a *lot* of stuff out there with him in it.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0382216/

The screeching warcry before it Judomaster starts beating up twice his size is incredible.

Also the best unexpected visual gag was how Vigilante drops his pants for taking a piss.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

itry posted:

It's important to swing the hips.

When you're drying, especially.

post credits :hmmyes:

The cop in the background on the right was having such a hard time trying to keep a straight face.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Just watched a promotional interview trailer thing on a whim and was mildly surprised to find that Vigilante’s actor is super British. Dude’s a good actor.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Warbird posted:

Just watched a promotional interview trailer thing on a whim and was mildly surprised to find that Vigilante’s actor is super British. Dude’s a good actor.

he's super posh too lol, has that "went to an elite all-boys public school" accent, not at all what i expected

eke out fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 11, 2022

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

VagueRant posted:

D-did Adebayo taser him to death? I'm still kinda thrown by him surviving getting shot in the heart

He got shot in like the middle of the very bottom/just below the sternum. That would almost definitely pass under the heart, and because it couldn't have been a straight on shot (Peacemaker was right in front of him) it wouldn't hit the spine or descending aorta. So that's all well and good...it probably would have hit a lung which you can't just bandage around but TV show.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Nail Rat posted:

He got shot in like the middle of the very bottom/just below the sternum. That would almost definitely pass under the heart, and because it couldn't have been a straight on shot (Peacemaker was right in front of him) it wouldn't hit the spine or descending aorta. So that's all well and good...it probably would have hit a lung which you can't just bandage around but TV show.

Well, Peacemaker was still up and walking around even after Racist Ironman stomped on his chest and his ribs/etc. were cracking.

Super-durability for everyone?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
judomaster would have gotten better much more quickly if his IV had cheetos in it

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'll never eat those again - the red dye is strong!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

I wonder if that racoon is the same one they used for Rocket.

I like to think this means you're asking if they had Sean Gunn claw up Peacemaker's face.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

The Modern Leper posted:

He's punching above his presumed weight class, certainly, but let's not get nuts with it.

He lets himself cry and look weak which puts him above a majority of male actors, certainly above traditional action heroes.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

He was zip-tied after that, so he's still alive.

So unless he shows up at the farm in the last minute, it does seem like a weird arc for him.
Ah well remembered. Yeah I guess the question is did they just leave him in the motel or like...Bundle him in the car and offscreen, bundle him into the vet truck.

eke out posted:

he's super posh too lol, has that "went to an elite all-boys public school" accent, not at all what i expected
I'm pretty sensitive to the mistake Brits make doing American actors and he had me absolutely fooled, makes it seem effortless.

It's even more impressive than the fact putting a ripped literal male model next to John Cena lets you get away with him seeming like a weedy lil oddball nerd.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
*warcry coming from somewhere off-screen*

"Ding-dong, bitches!"

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
For some reason "KIAI!" never gets old for me.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The cop in the background on the right was having such a hard time trying to keep a straight face.

I guess he was home when the butterflies took over the place.

Tyler Whitney
Jan 21, 2020

Why don't you make it sing?

Relevant Tangent posted:

He lets himself cry and look weak which puts him above a majority of male actors, certainly above traditional action heroes.

Yeah, you have to realize the closest acting background analogue (career wise) he has is the Rock. The Rock made it a point of his contract on Hobbs and Shaw that he never be made to look weaker than Statham, so continuity and stunt crews had to choreograph them taking an equal number of punches and hits throughout the movie.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

etalian posted:

The screeching warcry before it Judomaster starts beating up twice his size is incredible.

Also the best unexpected visual gag was how Vigilante drops his pants for taking a piss.

Well, I can't pee when clothes are touching my butt.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Tyler Whitney posted:

Yeah, you have to realize the closest acting background analogue (career wise) he has is the Rock. The Rock made it a point of his contract on Hobbs and Shaw that he never be made to look weaker than Statham, so continuity and stunt crews had to choreograph them taking an equal number of punches and hits throughout the movie.

To be fair that is all of the Fast and Furious cast. They have it written into their contracts they can never lose a fight. At worst its a draw with both parties retreating.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Servaetes posted:

I think Gunn couldn't resist doing the Gunn thing he does where he undercuts a serious moment with jokes, though. I think Peacemaker finally killing his rear end was great and him being completely emotionally hosed up about it really didn't need wacky back and forth banter in the background because on some level I think he actually cared about his dad on some level, even if he was a hosed up monster.

I liked that moment, don't think holding it with sad crying and nothing else would've really made anything better, we got his emotional pain and turmoil. I also appreciated it because it's pretty awkward when someone dies and someone else is really hurt about it. That gently patting touching line reminded me of situations when ya know, somebody died and you gotta figure out something to do or say and "oh that sucks" isn't enough.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
strangely enough, Resident Alien did the same gag the day before

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
it's not a gag just the normal way to pee

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, when Adrian slumped over in the car I about lost my poo poo.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dawgstar posted:

I like to think this means you're asking if they had Sean Gunn claw up Peacemaker's face.

I didn't but now i wished it.

Judomaster will probably show up at the end at the farm. He probably knows enough about the Cow and the farm but probably doesn't know whatever hosed up poo poo the Butterflies are planing for the Earth. He'll show up RIGHT as Sophie explains what they're going to do and is all "I kicked so many peoples asses for you guys, gently caress you!".

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Nail Rat posted:

He moved his organs around, obviously.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

twistedmentat posted:

Judomaster will probably show up at the end at the farm. He probably knows enough about the Cow and the farm but probably doesn't know whatever hosed up poo poo the Butterflies are planing for the Earth. He'll show up RIGHT as Sophie explains what they're going to do and is all "I kicked so many peoples asses for you guys, gently caress you!".

I'm expecting that he'll turn up at the very very end after Peacemaker & crew have killed everyone and finally tell them that thing he was trying to tell them and they'll all go "Oh poo poo we hosed up really badly, we really should have listened to this guy earlier! Oooops!"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rhyno posted:

Man, when Adrian slumped over in the car I about lost my poo poo.

The face he makes when he realizes the helmets are being tracked.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
I cried during the Eagley/Peacemaker scene and the stuff at the beginning with his brother and I whooped when he yelled at his dad then shot him. Idk what metrics you judge an actor by that are more important than ‘makes me feel stuff’ but Cena definitely checks that box and I’ve been extremely surprised by it.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
It might be because I identify with the Peacemaker in a lot of ways - I’m also a piece of poo poo and regret things I did in the service of a government and ideals that I later didn’t identify with.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

SimonChris posted:

I liked the casual confirmation that Peacemaker is bi. One of his father's reasons for killing him is that he sleeps with degenerate women and men.

I feel like online nazi's got James Gunn fired(for a time) and he turned around and wrote a whole show making fun of nazis, toxic masculinity, incels and filled it PoC and queer folks.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't care how they do it, they just need to figure out how to get judomaster in the 11th St Kids

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
They just need to slot Judomaster into all future DCEU projects. No story, no explanation, he just shows up out of nowhere, beats the crap out everyone, gets taken down, tied up, escapes

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Looking forward for the Judomaster appearances in the Harley Quinn animated show.

i am a moron posted:

Idk what metrics you judge an actor by that are more important than ‘makes me feel stuff’

That's pretty much it, I think.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TheSwizzler posted:

They just need to slot Judomaster into all future DCEU projects. No story, no explanation, he just shows up out of nowhere, beats the crap out everyone, gets taken down, tied up, escapes

Punching Dick Grayson in the throat, doing the leprechaun dance at him

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

TheSwizzler posted:

His role in every project wraps up with a:

"Where the gently caress is Judomaster?"

"Judomaster was supposed to be here?"

"gently caress it, can't worry about it now"

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Hughmoris posted:

His role in every project wraps up with a:

"Where the gently caress is Judomaster?"

"Judomaster was supposed to be here?"

"gently caress it, can't worry about it now"

Judomaster just becomes one of those things that happen sometimes

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

TheSwizzler posted:

Make Judomaster the Phil Coulson of the DCEU.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

swickles posted:

Make Judomaster the Phil Coulson of the DCEU.

Coulson does jiu-jitsu, not judo.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

TheSwizzler posted:

Judomaster just becomes one of those things that happen sometimes

Instead of Elf With A Gun it's Tiny Man With A Kick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

TheSwizzler posted:

Don't know if it's an easter egg, but the "Riverdale" shoutout might be a reference to the fact that Peacemaker filmed in the same ridiculously tiny "main street" looking location (seriously, it's like 3 blocks) in Greater Vancouver that Riverdale films, and I think the video store is actually a location used on Riverdale or one of its many spinoffs

You're probably right, but in addition to that Lochlyn Munro (Fitzgibbon) is also on Riverdale.