Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

not sure if ill be beating level 1 of this
Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

this game is terrible. the first two stages are fine, then it adds birds and guys in windows that you can't duck to dodge and it goes to hell

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this games really pissin me off lol. i did figure out that you cnt normally turn around while youre ducking but you can if youre shooting at the same time so that's good to know

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

absolutely not getting to this one, lol. gently caress these last couple of weeks. going to submit a complaint to HR that my manager hasn't left me enough time to fill my trophy case at game club.

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Fungah! posted:

this games really pissin me off lol. i did figure out that you cnt normally turn around while youre ducking but you can if youre shooting at the same time so that's good to know

Yep. The exact way it works is you have to shoot once in the direction you don't want before it will let you change which way you're aiming while ducking. It makes zero sense

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Joan posted:

Yep. The exact way it works is you have to shoot once in the direction you don't want before it will let you change which way you're aiming while ducking. It makes zero sense

you have to use the force of the gunshot to propel yourself around

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Beat the third stage for the password and may come back in a few days. gently caress those birds

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yo gently caress stage three

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I did a practice run of the first stage playing normally before I tried it on difficult and I was really thrown by the grenade guy not being in the same place every time. I feel like the they programmed in half a dozen different sets of jump physics based on whatever the last button you pressed was.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i don't think i'm gonna bother trying this one.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

b_d posted:

Pussy

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

it doesn't sound fun. i could sp.nd that time doing 3000 side quests in final fantasy xiv to get from level 51 to level 52.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

b_d posted:

it doesn't sound fun. i could sp.nd that time doing 3000 side quests in final fantasy xiv to get from level 51 to level 52.

now that's gaming

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im eventually going to play this, just been going real hard on tetris lately

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i do like a good plane swapping side scrolling action game. shinobi. shadow dancer. sunset riders. mystic warriors. can Code Name: Viper aspire to these lofty heights?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

no

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
no

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

no

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

no

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
yes

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i actually played this a little bit a few years ago and got kind of frustrated with it, can't remember exactly why though.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
It's at least as good as shinobi. Shinobi 2 for the gamegear though.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This guy gets it.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

b_d posted:

Same

Same

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
its not bad when you learn the quirks, however it isn't good either

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

i do like a good plane swapping side scrolling action game. shinobi. shadow dancer. sunset riders. mystic warriors. can Code Name: Viper aspire to these lofty heights?

no

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

these

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBgt7XkLxvQ&t=215s

sound i make after playing codename: viper for 10 mintues. hell 1 miuntues. ZERO minutes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chode Lame: Diaper

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xBiUmyQq-s

Pacifist challenge complete. The trophy case continues to grow.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
controls could definitely be more fluid. at least you can fire while jumping unlike rolling thunder lol.

its really annoying that the door contents are shuffled every game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Powerups are static. Hostages are shuffled through a few specific doors, and I think there end up being 3 possible locations for the bomb, all of which are in the latter half of the level.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

American McGay posted:

all of which are in the latter half of the level.

i suspected this but good to have it confirmed

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

got as far as the middle (I’m guessing) of level 4 with a few lives left, but washed out at that series of narrow little platforms. Feels like it should be easier but the jumping physics are really awkward.

this game feels like metal slug was designed by a sociopath but I still kind of like it. trying again tomorrow

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Sub-Actuality posted:

got as far as the middle (I’m guessing) of level 4 with a few lives left, but washed out at that series of narrow little platforms. Feels like it should be easier but the jumping physics are really awkward.

this game feels like metal slug was designed by a sociopath but I still kind of like it. trying again tomorrow

It's the only game I can remember playing where you have midair control but instead of stopping instantly when you let go of left or right it drifts to a stop gradually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This guy has never played Mario.