Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is level cap 50 or 60?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

fadam posted:

Is level cap 50 or 60?

50 is the softcap, you can still "level" but all you get are passive points

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fadam posted:

Is level cap 50 or 60?

Soft cap is 50, hard cap is 60.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Syrinxx posted:

Decided to grab the gold pack because I am a sucker for all MMOs but the packs are no longer on the Steam page to buy :saddowns:

Yeah they went down when the game went live... or should have gone live. They did say there would be Newbie Packs in the store to replace the Founders Packs but they haven't spilled any details yet.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

so the discord guild announcements arent visible anymore for people who arent authed

are we still rolling on una server?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

cheers

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Hows the spread of supports looking like from the head start run?

I kinda want to play Paladin but if it's saturated, a pure dps sounds better.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Deki posted:

I'd honestly use your DPS to level and then use the powerpass thing to instantly level your support to 50. You really don't need much survivability when leveling since you just gib everything on screen as a decent dps class

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Good Citizen posted:

I'd honestly use your DPS to level and then use the powerpass thing to instantly level your support to 50. You really don't need much survivability when leveling since you just gib everything on screen as a decent dps class

That's my plan. Sorc to 50 then boost a paladin.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

You have to watch 4 hours on Twitch for each drop? Yeesh!

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Deki posted:

Supports get support-ier later on as they level, so you should be able to level a-okay as a pally. That said, if you want to be a lady pally you'll have to wait until they get patched in because this game has some weird gender issues

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Good Citizen posted:

Sorry, I worded that badly.

Are supports in demand in the endgame or are a lot of people rolling bards/Paladins? I do like playing healers/supports but if they're saturated I'd rather just be a dps.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Colin Mockery posted:

so the discord guild announcements arent visible anymore for people who arent authed

You can't roll on Una today if you don't already have a character there. Supposedly Vykas is where f2p east coast goons are gonna roll but idk for sure.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So some questions about Lost Ark -
1 - Are names unique to characters (like most MMOs) or unique to accounts (like Destiny)?
2 - Are names one word like WoW or name/surname like FFXIV?
3 - The game seems pretty alt friendly but are alts required? Am I going to have a bad time if I just want to play one class?
4 - Bard seems like the biggest weapon you can put on a lady?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

obi_ant posted:

Just mute it and minimize the window.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Sorc feels like cheating leveling compared to some of the melee classes. All abilities are wide aoes. Some of the widest hitting one are also the hardest hitting ones in general so you use them to chunk bosses. No resource management while leveling, just cast whatever you want thats out of cooldown

Scrapper early leveling in comparison is painful.

Playing Sorceress first spoiled me, tried messing with other classes in the trial area but no one else really clicked quite as well.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah i've had a small window with a twitch stream of some jagoff watching the server list in 160p for the last 3 hours. It's a long time and twitch drops are lovely but i want free things damnit

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

No one talks about this but Gunner has the best instrument, ruining all other classes forever.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Deki posted:

Sorry, I worded that badly.

Are supports in demand in the endgame or are a lot of people rolling bards/Paladins? I do like playing healers/supports but if they're saturated I'd rather just be a dps.

I'm mostly using matchmaking to join PUGs for stuff like chaos dungeons and guardian raids and the matchmaking doesn't differentiate between classes it seems. I've been in guardian raids where you really want a support and you don't get one and in chaos dungeons where I zone in and its 'oops, all paladins'. I couldn't really tell you right now how it'll shake out when people start building out goon groups to tackle stuff like Abyss dungeons when more people are at that stage.

The split between paladin/bard seems about even right now though

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Suprfli6 posted:

You can't roll on Una today if you don't already have a character there. Supposedly Vykas is where f2p east coast goons are gonna roll but idk for sure.

rip ok lol

i’m busy until end of the workday at the earliest and will have a long download ahead of me, so i’ll check in later today to see where the f2p hivemind’s at

thanks

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

So some questions about Lost Ark -
1 - Are names unique to characters (like most MMOs) or unique to accounts (like Destiny)?
2 - Are names one word like WoW or name/surname like FFXIV?
3 - The game seems pretty alt friendly but are alts required? Am I going to have a bad time if I just want to play one class?

Ugh their name rules are the worst.
1) unique to characters and I think its across the whole region not just the server.
2) one word, 16(?) characters, no spaces, no capitalizations, nothing fancy
3) alts aren't required but they help to funnel stuff to your main. The idea is you play 2 alts every couple of days and get 2.5 characters worth of progress instead of 1 (one char only) or 3 (going ham on all 3 daily). You get 2 free 50 boosts immediately just for making it through with one character, then you can further use some boost system to level up another alt for every 2 characters you level up manually. I heard that in Korea and Russia they tend to hand out or sell boosts when the new classe are released also.
4) shadowhunter has big weapons too, and lance master will have a big spear when she comes out.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Colin Mockery posted:

There is an announcement advising that you should hold off for a few days or a week to see if they will lift or announce to life the restrictions so that you might be able to join Una later. (Though they also say if you want to play right now, just play).

Personally, with the influx of f2p population, I doubt any sort of announcement is going to occur within a week.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Pragmatica posted:

i’ve also followed the Saintone sorc guide but i hate youtube videos, so here is a text explanation: https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/build-guides/sorceress-leveling-guide

i used this to hit 50 very quickly, and had a loving BLAST doing it (lol)

after 50, there are more guides to follow in the links. also, keep in mind that the names of spells and stuff are a little different, but the icons are the same in game. that threw me off a bit when i was reading this stuff but you get used to the differences if you just follow the icons.

also, i’m using the soulfist one from the maxroll site, and it’s also really good and clear to follow.

Thank you for this, much more pleasant for my aging brain to process.

I'm so old :okboomer:

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Colin Mockery posted:

Una is locked, so F2P people will have to roll elsewhere for now.

I’ve heard Ladon, I’ve heard Vykas, nobody has really stepped up and taken the reins. I’m personally just going to roll on whatever and F2P for a while. If Una opens back up I’ll probably start over there assuming it I haven’t invested TOO much on whatever server I start on.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I thought this game launched today, but steam says it hasn't. When's it launch?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Something happened on the backend, the launch is delayed by a few hours. No updates on when.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

2 hours ago, plus whenever in the nebulous future that Amazon Games Service gets its poo poo together.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

obi_ant posted:

Just use something like this

https://github.com/DevilXD/TwitchDropsMiner

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Harrow posted:

Out of curiosity, is there any way to level alts that isn't "use a power pass" or "do the story again?"

Sort of answered already but

$$$ = Power pass, get 2 free but the cash ones arent in the shop yet, also quickest way to level up as its instant
Gold = Knowledge Transfer in your stronghold. unlocks at like level 5 strong hold. Costs 600 gold to level up to 50, takes 8 hours, it can also level up beyond shushire gear level for more gold
Free = Training menu in your stronghold. Must reach level 52 for it to unlock, is totally free but also takes the longest. Can be leveled up to -2 levels of your highest level character. So level 52 can level someone up to 50, level 60 up to 58.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh my god thank you for this

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
How do the Powerpasses work? You get one now and you get another when you complete the MSQ?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Does server even matter? Is this an ancient style MMO where you can't play with your friends unless you're on the same server?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Aside from Shadowhunter which was already mentioned (think Demon Hunter, big ol' glaives and all), there's also Scrapper, which gets big hulk fist gauntlets.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Does server even matter? Is this an ancient style MMO where you can't play with your friends unless you're on the same server?

Apparently people said if you're on west you can play with other west people but can't be in the same guild? Which kinda sucks because I have some friend groups that don't voice at all just chat in game. I'm laughing at myself big time for trying to get in early on a popular server so I don't get the crappy empty new world experience I just had and by doing that screwed myself even more :laugh: I deserve this

I bet they did this to get more twitter followers.. 130k yesterday, 245k today

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 11, 2022

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is it possible to transfer Silver and items to alts, provided they are on the same server? I know I should wait and Berserker has absolutely no trouble killing things but I kind of want to try a few other classes.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Unlucky7 posted:

Is it possible to transfer Silver and items to alts, provided they are on the same server? I know I should wait and Berserker has absolutely no trouble killing things but I kind of want to try a few other classes.

I haven't tried gold or silver yet. All of the founders packs stuff/etc I've transferred to roster storage.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Harsh but fair

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

So I am hosed if I redeemed my bronze pack stuff on one server but will be playing on another since my friends will have to start on a different one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Engravings kinda remind me of the way Monster Hunter armor skills used to work pre-World, where your equipment can give you a certain number of points towards a skill, and you need a certain number of points to "activate" the skill (and more points can activate higher ranks of the skill).

Though it looks like it also has that classic KMMO thing where you're going to sink a bunch of resources into upgrading a thing with failure chances that make you waste resources and bad rolls can ruin expensive pieces of equipment.