Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Prurient Squid posted:

I'm reading The Lord of the Rings and I definitely feel that the mines of Moria are the influence for the Tombs of Atuan.

Sauron is a lot like Boss Baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Tree Bucket posted:

The Ones Who D-d-drop the Omebass

:haibrow:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

110 years, hard to believe

You haven't aged a day.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

PizzaProwler posted:

Terry, I cannot care for this large snake.

edit: snipe: re-posting one of my old favs

gently caress you India

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Dub is the left hand of electro-dance
and electro-dance the right hand of dub.
Two are one, screech and pop, blasting
together like lovers in a sweaty warehouse,
like turntables joined together,
like this music really fukken rules.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Prurient Squid posted:

I'm reading The Lord of the Rings and I definitely feel that the mines of Moria are the influence for the Tombs of Atuan.

I don’t really see that - Le Guin’s tomb was largely on one level, mapped out, and the two main characters have to feel/know their way through. The threat is the stillness and death of the deep reach of the tomb, and the threat of death if they leave from the other priestess lady. Le Guin’s art is making the darkness a tangible character, as vibrant as the others in the book. More so than Ged, at least.

Moria is about depth, the vast unknown beneath, delving deep and unearthing terror. It is infested with danger, the orcs, the troll, the Balrog, the crumbling infrastructure. It is the corruption of a formerly safe place. The threat is that one false move or sound will unleash chaos. Tolkein’s focus is not on darkness, but sound, the echoes that go on and on, the drums, the chants, the roar of the Balrog.

The only tie together I see is the neglected state of the underground areas, but they’re caused by different reasons.

Also, if I can, I’d like to make my order a large, with a baked potato instead of fries.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Antigravitas posted:

110 years, hard to believe

You haven't aged a day.

Now this but with Keith Richards

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

The word for World is wewewew-oooo-eeeeee--wubwubwubwub-eeeee-wub

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
aw yiss

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r72d1aUTJh1zurqo3.mp4

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

I have an orange cat and it is too loving stupid to live.

Ralph Wiggum rear end cat.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Exact opposite of my experience. Our orange tabby was chill and lazy as gently caress. The black cat was a fuckwit dunderhead that ran into walls unannounced and ate through any unattended bag of food.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I always shut my cat in another room when I hosted orgies

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

fishing with the fam posted:

Exact opposite of my experience.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Orgies should have two sections: the snack section, and the snack section.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pseudorandom posted:

Orgies should have two sections: the snack section, and the snack section.

don't forget the smack section and the smack section

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

The Bloop posted:

don't forget the smack section and the smack section

This is where I will be, thanks

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

They said the orgy was all you could eat. I don't see the problem. :shrug:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Yeah its a good deal but after 8 hours under the heat lamps everything smells less than fresh

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

DandyLion posted:

Yeah its a good deal but after 8 hours under the heat lamps everything smells less than fresh

Definitely stay away from the fomunda at that point.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I've never been to an orgy but when I was 18 I went to a weird biker party in a warehouse with strippers and they served spaghetti there and I ate some.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The spaghetti or the strippers?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Zil posted:

The spaghetti or the strippers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OawrlVoQqSs

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Hellblazer187 posted:

I've never been to an orgy but when I was 18 I went to a weird biker party in a warehouse with strippers and they served spaghetti there and I ate some.

How were the meatballs?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zil posted:

They said the orgy was all you could eat. I don't see the problem. :shrug:

i think you're onto something -- i think the ancient romans established the tradition, calling it first served, first come.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

My black cat woke me up today by screaming, then ran in circles and jumped on me until I let him outside, and then immediately started screaming to be let back in.

My theory is that cats are dumb little gremlins regardless of color and if you think otherwise then you just haven't owned a cat of that color yet.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

My black cat woke me up today by screaming, then ran in circles and jumped on me until I let him outside, and then immediately started screaming to be let back in.

My theory is that cats are dumb little gremlins regardless of color and if you think otherwise then you just haven't owned a cat of that color yet.

Got a black and an orange cat and this is my everyday. But I think it has more to do with who raised the cat. Ginny came from the pound and she has great manners and is absolutely sweet. Creampuff is my orange cat I raised from a kitten and shes an absolute idiot. I'm the dumb gremlin and it has to be my fault she acts like that.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

When I was 18 I went to a weird biker party in a warehouse with strippers and they served spaghetti there and I ate some.

This sounds like something Ralph Wiggum would say.

The stripper looked looked at you?

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Speaking of strippers that work too slowly...

ps That's the last little green dude I have ready to lift you up. I guess that means they're by request now.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/ItsLocko/status/1491714717643124741

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Kirby (tm) brand body condoms

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
https://i.imgur.com/RlabK0p.mp4

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

fishing with the fam posted:

Exact opposite of my experience. Our orange tabby was chill and lazy as gently caress. The black cat was a fuckwit dunderhead that ran into walls unannounced and ate through any unattended bag of food.

Then, there's Dorian.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Someone's giving away ketamine AND four loko?