Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

explosivo posted:

So I am hosed if I redeemed my bronze pack stuff on one server but will be playing on another since my friends will have to start on a different one?

They're giving an extra one on the new server if you move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I only just got home from work. I didn't get a founder's pack, so no early access.

Am I going to be able to play?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Adolf Glitter posted:

They're giving extra ones on the other server if you move

Hell yeah, thanks

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Harrow posted:

Engravings kinda remind me of the way Monster Hunter armor skills used to work pre-World, where your equipment can give you a certain number of points towards a skill, and you need a certain number of points to "activate" the skill (and more points can activate higher ranks of the skill).

Though it looks like it also has that classic KMMO thing where you're going to sink a bunch of resources into upgrading a thing with failure chances that make you waste resources and bad rolls can ruin expensive pieces of equipment.

yea it reminds me so much of an old korean mmo mechanic in air rivals where you had chances to fail while upgrading weapons. I wasted a lot of money shitfaced on that game

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

I was absolutely shocked and digusted that there was no boob slider at character creation. What kind of KMMO is this?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Substandard posted:

I was absolutely shocked and digusted that there was no boob slider at character creation. What kind of KMMO is this?

One of the devs cranked it to 200% and it got stuck in that position.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Annath posted:

I only just got home from work. I didn't get a founder's pack, so no early access.

Am I going to be able to play?
The servers aren't open so no one can play. But yeah, when they open again the game should launch with free accounts.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Rusty posted:

The servers aren't open so no one can play. But yeah, when they open again the game should launch with free accounts.

Oh, I see someone broke something lol. I was expecting to be way behind folks.

Still bummed I missed out on the Founder's Pack stuff... Its me, I'm the whale.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Apparently people said if you're on west you can play with other west people but can't be in the same guild? Which kinda sucks because I have some friend groups that don't voice at all just chat in game. I'm laughing at myself big time for trying to get in early on a popular server so I don't get the crappy empty new world experience I just had and by doing that screwed myself even more :laugh: I deserve this

I bet they did this to get more twitter followers.. 130k yesterday, 245k today

Weeeird. Anyone know if a friend in Europe creates a character on the Euro server and I and another friend pick US East if we can still play together? Or is it even so bad as like US East 1 can't play with US East 5?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Weeeird. Anyone know if a friend in Europe creates a character on the Euro server and I and another friend pick US East if we can still play together? Or is it even so bad as like US East 1 can't play with US East 5?

You can play together within a region (Europe, NA East, NA West, South America) but not between regions.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1491854069689831425

it is almost 5 am in korea

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Someone posted this island guide in the discord and it seems really good:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iCDIvEqyuq8gMJgCORDtOD-HO8zkaPhu1vwX0GnHgjc/preview?pru=AAABfw5oB4s*1W1U9ns7CjhhFI6XvAKIow

Basically a way to get upgrade mats at 50 way way faster than running chaos forever

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I still can't believe how much they underestimated the launch (huge queues before the free people can even play) kind of crazy, someone hosed up.

Thank god people can't make accounts on the super impacted servers, but that fucks people too.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

bagrada posted:

Ugh their name rules are the worst.
1) unique to characters and I think its across the whole region not just the server.
2) one word, 16(?) characters, no spaces, no capitalizations, nothing fancy

The one thing you can do is add accents to letters, so you can use this thing instead of a regular i. It sucks if someone has to type out your name but as far as I can tell that's entirely unnecessary beyond friend/guild invites.

This is a practice I stole from WoW, which has similarly terrible name restrictions.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

admanb posted:

The one thing you can do is add accents to letters, so you can use this thing instead of a regular i. It sucks if someone has to type out your name but as far as I can tell that's entirely unnecessary beyond friend/guild invites.

This is a practice I stole from WoW, which has similarly terrible name restrictions.

It's me, WēēdGökü

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

alright so who’s spinning the Lost Ark private server now that game dead

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

Other than the deadeye (which I'm maining) and its female version, are there any classes whose signature mechanics don't have you charging up a bar?

I didn't see anyone respond to this question, but Soulfist is one. Their signature mechanic starts off with 3 full levels. You activate it and at level 1 the meter drains slowly and while it's draining you get a small flat bonus to attack speed/damage and energy recharge (the resource your skills use), then if you activate it again before it drains down all the way you go to level 2 of the ability that gives medium bonuses to the same stats and energy recharge, then you can activate it a third time to get large bonuses. The higher levels drain the meter faster though and it takes longer for the meter to recharge the higher level you were on when the meter runs out.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

explosivo posted:

So I am hosed if I redeemed my bronze pack stuff on one server but will be playing on another since my friends will have to start on a different one?

This was a common enough complaint that they announced they'd be giving everyone a second copy of their founder's-pack stuff to redeem on a second server.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I can never remember the name for the soulfist meter so I’ve been calling it the Kaioken when talking to my friends about it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Taima posted:

I still can't believe how much they underestimated the launch (huge queues before the free people can even play) kind of crazy, someone hosed up.
I mean there were enough servers for everyone to play without queues but as every MMO launch ever shows there's nothing you can do to stop people from piling onto a few servers until the queues are several hours long because they're scared of being stuck on a dead server.

And it's way worse in this case since apparently moving character rosters between servers is a colossal pain in the rear end on the back end and Smilegate almost never did it.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 11, 2022

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
gunlancer looks pretty sick actually, maybe i'll try that out too

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

idk what's up with the discord but i've posted my profile twice and i still haven't been verified, not sure what's going on with that but i'd love to double check and make sure there's a goon presence on the server I rolled on before I really commit to a character

Post your profile in the verification channel and just manually approve you

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh i didn't realize i could manually do it, that makes a lot more sense. will do that, mb.

for gunlancer is it better to go for "red" or "blue"? I'm not sure if there's a huge difference between the two, really, this game confuses me.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I love that all the twitch streamers have been sitting around on the server screen for 3 hours. Cohh tried to play something else while leaving drops up and got yelled at by whatever company is responsible for the drops.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

sharknado slashfic posted:

I love that all the twitch streamers have been sitting around on the server screen for 3 hours. Cohh tried to play something else while leaving drops up and got yelled at by whatever company is responsible for the drops.

I just said this to a buddy of mine, all the streamers sitting around checking their phones while youtube footage of the game plays is pretty hilarious.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Some poor grunt programmer has just woke up, and is taking a biiig sip of their coffee as they check their morning email.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

:siren:

https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1492239948363145216

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Not good enough, I demand they triple our founders packs (so that I don't have to decide between the skins I want).

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

explosivo posted:

I just said this to a buddy of mine, all the streamers sitting around checking their phones while youtube footage of the game plays is pretty hilarious.

There are 366,000 people watching Asmongold do nothing lol

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

oh i didn't realize i could manually do it, that makes a lot more sense. will do that, mb.

for gunlancer is it better to go for "red" or "blue"? I'm not sure if there's a huge difference between the two, really, this game confuses me.

Red (Solo Knight) and blue (Combat Readiness) are the two Gunlancer class engravings. Blue is the face tank spec and uses mostly shield skills, red has more burst and uses mostly gunlance skills. Pick whichever you like the best, they're both good.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

At least we know the servers cannot be down past 9 AM PT [5 PM UTC] 2/13

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

blue gunlancer is easier to start with and better up until like ilvl 1400 from what ive read so far. and its cheaper.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Lost Ark - Very high chance that the servers will go up early.

goodnight mooned
Aug 2, 2007

Taima posted:

Thank god people can't make accounts on the super impacted servers, but that fucks people too.

Idk I've been playing this despite never having heard of it until a week ago or ever having played an MMO before, it might just be that this game is popping off unexpectedly hard.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

goodnight mooned posted:

Idk I've been playing this despite never having heard of it until a week ago or ever having played an MMO before, it might just be that this game is popping off unexpectedly hard.

You have the largest data mining company in the history of human civilization running top tier marketing for this poo poo, I swore off MMOs, and I even dropped 49.99 on a gold pack. Too strong for me.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Flair posted:

At least we know the servers cannot be down past 9 AM PT [5 PM UTC] 2/13

oh nooo you said it out loud

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

queeb posted:

blue gunlancer is easier to start with and better up until like ilvl 1400 from what ive read so far. and its cheaper.

Yeah I'm levelling Artillerist as my first character but I'm definitely boosting Gunlancer, might make it my first main since learning encounters with Blue GL should be much easier in theory.

goodnight mooned
Aug 2, 2007

maniacripper posted:

You have the largest data mining company in the history of human civilization running top tier marketing for this poo poo, I swore off MMOs, and I even dropped 49.99 on a gold pack. Too strong for me.

Yeah that PLUS it looks like Diablo? Come on..

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

deathbagel posted:

I didn't see anyone respond to this question, but Soulfist is one. Their signature mechanic starts off with 3 full levels. You activate it and at level 1 the meter drains slowly and while it's draining you get a small flat bonus to attack speed/damage and energy recharge (the resource your skills use), then if you activate it again before it drains down all the way you go to level 2 of the ability that gives medium bonuses to the same stats and energy recharge, then you can activate it a third time to get large bonuses. The higher levels drain the meter faster though and it takes longer for the meter to recharge the higher level you were on when the meter runs out.

I started off playing a Soulfist the other day and while I love their Supersaiyan resource/skill in theory, I hate the way it plays out in-game where it just ends up being a not-100%-uptime damage buff - so you just have periods of doing less damage and periods of doing more. There's nothing wrong with it exactly but it didn't feel like 'going supersaiyan' for tough fights, it was just a buff I pressed on cooldown then forgot about.

I like the Paladin's version more where you charge up the resource and then choose either a strong temporary buff for yourself or a weak temporary buff for your entire party, but in practice that probably just works out to pressing the party buff every time and then it's not much different from the Soulfist's :|

One of the classes I trialed (One of the warriors?) has two different bars and spending one raises the other one, so you see-saw between them that seemed like it was probably more involved than Paladin/Soulfist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Sorceress can also build into ignoring their class gauge and only using it for mobility instead of charging it up for a big damage burst window. You basically ignore it while leveling anyway, only toggling it on to one-shot bosses because the damage output is great anyway.