Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Why the gently caress would anyone call it a jojo?

e: lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Welp - had my first job interview of the new gig search today. Pretty much doing the same poo poo I was doing at my previous company but at a new place and in a place where I can move up and grow professionally. I ended up being in the room for a little over an hour and twenty minutes and had a good relaxed chat at the end. I feel pretty confident in how I came off but not sure if they'll meet my quote. Either way it was good to knock the first one over. Fingers crossed they come through and come through with the goods and I can get dat money.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I have faith you'll be paying for someone else to be whipper snippering for you soon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

John Dimaggio (Bender) isn't returning lol

https://twitter.com/TheJohnDiMaggio/status/1491987278494842880

I wonder if that kills it? Also both the Fox and Syfy versions managed to have deeply satisfying endings, just let it die

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BlindSite posted:

Welp - had my first job interview of the new gig search today. Pretty much doing the same poo poo I was doing at my previous company but at a new place and in a place where I can move up and grow professionally. I ended up being in the room for a little over an hour and twenty minutes and had a good relaxed chat at the end. I feel pretty confident in how I came off but not sure if they'll meet my quote. Either way it was good to knock the first one over. Fingers crossed they come through and come through with the goods and I can get dat money.

Hopefully you had a fish pic to show them

Intruder posted:

I wonder if that kills it? Also both the Fox and Syfy versions managed to have deeply satisfying endings, just let it die

Well that goes into a hard pass

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Its Rinaldo posted:

Well that goes into a hard pass

Yeah, that seems nearly impossible to recover from.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Its Rinaldo posted:

Wait what? Jojos is a PNW thing only? Nobody else?? Just us???

I'd heard it up here while living in CT but it was just the one regional supermarket chain years ago. Didn't know it was a thing elsewhere.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Wait what? Jojos is a PNW thing only? Nobody else?? Just us???

If you can ignore the fine dining fluff this article dives into some of the history. Jojos are specifically potato wedges with a fried chicken-style seasoning.

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/f...rthwest-staple/

I'm all for fine dining but eating them at a fancy restaurant seems too cute. Those things were meant to come from under a heat lamp in a Fred Meyer hot bar.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I just snagged flights and an AirBnB for the tail end of the Isle of Man TT and I am beyond stoked

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Fifty Three posted:

I just snagged flights and an AirBnB for the tail end of the Isle of Man TT and I am beyond stoked

You bastard, don’t stick your neck out too far

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Braksgirl posted:

It's fine. My girls love it. I think I have Lin-Manuel Miranda burnout but We Don't Talk About Bruno is a jam.

It was 100% a lin vehicle with a fig leaf of a story wrapped around it.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Qwijib0 posted:

It was 100% a lin vehicle with a fig leaf of a story wrapped around it.

Lin vehicle sounds like the thing that's taking up all of PR's energy grid.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I felt bad for the family member who just got super hearing as a power. That’s gotta be more negatives than positives.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

Oh hell yeah, that’ll be an awesome trip.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

It's a very weird feeling to be booking a trip at all. We're gonna be isolating beforehand and after, but there's only so much you can do when it's that + two weeks in Scotland followed by a friend's wedding in a dang castle. Hesitant, but stoked.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Fifty Three posted:

Hell yeah that's sick

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Hangovers hit differently on an ambulance

:negative:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Hangovers hit differently on an ambulance

:negative:

No thanks, one time I was so hungover driving to work on a Saturday I had to pull off to the side of the road to vomit after going through a roundabout a little too quickly :v:

Also I just typed “poo poo rate” instead of “shift rate” in an email to a lot of people including some pretty important ones and now my coworkers and I are giggling about it

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Intruder posted:

I'm sure they'll get it worked out. Voice cast and Comedy Central went back and forth for a good while the last time it came back.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

General Dog posted:

I'm sure they'll get it worked out. Voice cast and Comedy Central went back and forth for a good while the last time it came back.

The hangup seems to be that Sagal and West accepted a sort of lowball offer but DiMaggio won't and there's some discomfort at the idea of paying him more than the others

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
With the super bowl tomorrow I'm reminded of an all time tweet

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

seiferguy posted:

Bad news buddy

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

well the rule of law was always an underdog

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Give him credit, he did pick the right Super Bowl to skip.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seiferguy posted:

Flushed down the commode.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
IIRC that dude and his brother (and one of their wives?) got banned from Twitter after being outed as big-time #Resistance grifters.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Hot Diggity! posted:

Bad news buddy

Dangit, I thought today was Saturday already!!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Wait when is the superbowl

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Defector has you covered

https://defector.com/what-time-does-what-time-does-the-super-bowl-start-start-2/

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Did this get posted? If not, welcome to PopCopy

https://twitter.com/STFU_anajai2/status/1491927773736316928

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

To me, that's HIPAA

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It is amazing to me that 2 years of plague have led us to a public understanding of disease and medical law that seems substantially worse than it was beforehand.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Acknowledging my presence is hipaa

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It is amazing to me that 2 years of plague have led us to a public understanding of disease and medical law that seems substantially worse than it was beforehand.

It reminds me of how people who live on the lower east coast and gulf coast and florida etc. deal with hurricanes, still, in this day and age, despite having lots of directed, good information about what they are and how they work

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

Did this get posted? If not, welcome to PopCopy

https://twitter.com/STFU_anajai2/status/1491927773736316928

I have actually done something like that where somebody asks to speak the manager I blink and wait a beat then ask how can I help them.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Acknowledging me is Hippa

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Leperflesh posted:

It reminds me of how people who live on the lower east coast and gulf coast and florida etc. deal with hurricanes, still, in this day and age, despite having lots of directed, good information about what they are and how they work

At least folks have the fig leaf excuse of inconsistent and unfocused communication around Covid.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Don’t you dare quote this post, that’s my Hippa.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Don’t swim in that river, that’s hippo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Don’t you dare quote this post, that’s my Hippa.

Here's something good for your heart bb

https://twitter.com/wbuik/status/1492226449041932298