Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

junan_paalla posted:

Sorceress can also build into ignoring their class gauge and only using it for mobility instead of charging it up for a big damage burst window. You basically ignore it while leveling anyway, only toggling it on to one-shot bosses because the damage output is great anyway.

The video I watched that was linked earlier rec'ed using it up at like 30% instead of waiting for it to get full because of optimal rotations with two spells. Also apparently sorc can animation cancel which seems huge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Lost Ark up on ch. 23

Wooglin
Sep 5, 2002

Annath posted:

Oh, I see someone broke something lol. I was expecting to be way behind folks.

Still bummed I missed out on the Founder's Pack stuff... Its me, I'm the whale.

I think you can still buy the Founder’s Packs on Amazon.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Fried Watermelon posted:

Lost Ark up on ch. 23

dead already

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

How much of this absolute travesty of a launch is Amazon's fault? They have a pretty awful track record with all of this gaming-related stuff lmao

Game is cool once it's playable though

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

deep dish peat moss posted:

I started off playing a Soulfist the other day and while I love their Supersaiyan resource/skill in theory, I hate the way it plays out in-game where it just ends up being a not-100%-uptime damage buff - so you just have periods of doing less damage and periods of doing more. There's nothing wrong with it exactly but it didn't feel like 'going supersaiyan' for tough fights, it was just a buff I pressed on cooldown then forgot about.
How far did you get? You don't get level 3 until 30, which gives a 60% damage buff on top of the other stuff and is definitely noticeable.

Idk if the other class's gauges unlock gradually like that but it definitely makes a huge difference for SF.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
game was fine until amazon decided to touch servers today

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Diephoon posted:

Yeah I'm levelling Artillerist as my first character but I'm definitely boosting Gunlancer, might make it my first main since learning encounters with Blue GL should be much easier in theory.

plus you go red eventually and it doesnt really look like it lacks mobility:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frQRl-l8QpE

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

sharknado slashfic posted:

There are 366,000 people watching Asmongold do nothing lol

Jesus, I am happy if I just get 5 people, and one person says hello in the 3 - 4 hours a night that I stream. I would throw up on stream if 366,000 people were watching me. Thank you by the way to all of the goons who have been lurking, and coming into my stream to support the stupid thing I decided to do.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

How much of this absolute travesty of a launch is Amazon's fault? They have a pretty awful track record with all of this gaming-related stuff lmao

I dunno what this means but someone posted it on twitter

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Wooglin posted:

I think you can still buy the Founder’s Packs on Amazon.

I don't get paid til the 16th. :v:

But I will pay a Goon back double if they wanna grab me a code.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

underestimating the amount of servers they would need is Amazon's fault but whatever is happening today is likely on Smilegate.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I really want to know how the backend is architected if you can have a successful open Beta period and then get stuck like this on open release. As far as I know the game never even went live so people could try to login.

Is there a hard coded number somewhere that wouldn't work when they tried to spin up one server too much?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
They say they're giving us 3 days of crystaline aura as compensation. What's that do?

Kinda bummed that I won't be able to play at launch, but not unexpected for an mmo.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

They say they're giving us 3 days of crystaline aura as compensation. What's that do?

Kinda bummed that I won't be able to play at launch, but not unexpected for an mmo.

It's their version of a sub/vip status. Worth about $9 a month I believe. Unnecessary conveniences that get better the more you actively play.

Benefits:
Crystal Benefactor Title applied (While benefit lasts)
Daily Rapport Action tries increased by one try
Life Energy natural recovery amounts +10 percent
Ocean Liner fee is 50 percent off (travel between continents since you can't fast travel that far)
Song of Return Cooldown -50 percent
Stronghold Action Energy basic recovery amount +10 percent
Stronghold Crafting time -10 percent
Stronghold Dispatch time -10 percent
Stronghold Research time -10 percent
Stronghold Training Grounds Ultimate Stress Buster unlocked (XP Gained Per Minute 7,000)
Triport fee is free (Fast traveling)
Usable Bifrost slots increases by two (you can set 3 home points to teleport to, rather than just 1)

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013

Annath posted:

I don't get paid til the 16th. :v:

But I will pay a Goon back double if they wanna grab me a code.

Check your pms if you were serious about this.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I just... I still don't understand how you make massive changes an hour or two before launch when you've had poo poo running and have had plenty of time to tweak. Whoevers decision that was is an idiot.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Drashin posted:

Check your pms if you were serious about this.

Replied

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
if we can play in the next couple hours I'd consider this an above average MMO game/expansion launch. Over/under is about 5 hours from now I'd say

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Its about a buck irl and gives you an exp boost and gets you hooked and makes you want to pay for it irl later

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Internet Explorer posted:

I just... I still don't understand how you make massive changes an hour or two before launch when you've had poo poo running and have had plenty of time to tweak. Whoevers decision that was is an idiot.

And on a Friday no less. No change Friday exists for a reason.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Good Citizen posted:

if we can play in the next couple hours I'd consider this an above average MMO game/expansion launch. Over/under is about 5 hours from now I'd say

Id put it a little below average, I'm not sure ive ever seen mmo devs just straight up miss their launch. Usually the servers are at least open before everything catches fire

That said, I never expected to play today lol

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Yeah I haven’t been ground zero for too many mmo launches but I’ve not seen them just miss the launch like this.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Does premium time tick only when you're online and playing or is this one of those that the second it starts you have 72 hours whether you're on or not?

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1492261029488652289

Necrosaro fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 11, 2022

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Its about a buck irl and gives you an exp boost and gets you hooked and makes you want to pay for it irl later

I wouldn't put it past Amazon to sabotage the launch because it gets a lot of people sitting around anxiously anticipating playing and thinking about nothing else all day. I know multiple people who took today off work in the hopes of playing this game, and any kind of publicity that makes you think about a thing all day long is good publicity

Now they get to launch right around when people are getting home from work and the entire internet will be talking about the game as soon as they get home

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

I wouldn't put it past Amazon to sabotage the launch because it gets a lot of people sitting around anxiously anticipating playing and thinking about nothing else all day. I know multiple people who took today off work in the hopes of playing this game, and any kind of publicity that makes you think about a thing all day long is good publicity

Now they get to launch right around when people are getting home from work and the entire internet will be talking about the game as soon as they get home

the gigabrain play of actually our game will be more successful if no one can play it

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

isn't that... right now?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

restart steam for a 3.8 gig update

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I dunno what this means but someone posted it on twitter

I guess the implication was that someone checked in something on their deploy branch before it was set to deploy publicly (Something you DO NOT WANT TO DO EVER in software dev), but I can't tell if it was actually on the deploy branch (It could have been another branch) if I am reading that correctly. Basically, I do not know enough to make that call.

Also...this is an off topic, but are we allowed to hotlink twitter images? I thought for images you host them on imgur or some other public image service before you link them.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

lol and lmao

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

I guess the implication was that someone checked in something on their deploy branch before it was set to deploy publicly (Something you DO NOT WANT TO DO EVER in software dev), but I can't tell if it was actually on the deploy branch (It could have been another branch) if I am reading that correctly. Basically, I do not know enough to make that call.

Also...this is an off topic, but are we allowed to hotlink twitter images? I thought for images you host them on imgur or some other public image service before you link them.

Can you elaborate on why you wouldn't do that in software dev or what the repercussions are? Also I tried to upload it to imgur but it wouldn't let me with that image for some reason? Whats wrong with hotlinking

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

I can't join Una, even though that's the server I've been playing on. There's an error message about not being able to create new characters, and that's it.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

admanb posted:

the gigabrain play of actually our game will be more successful if no one can play it

It's more like withholding an addict's next fix because you know it will make them more desperate to get it

Can you elaborate on why you wouldn't do that in software dev or what the repercussions are? Also I tried to upload it to imgur but it wouldn't let me with that image for some reason? Whats wrong with hotlinking

The deploy branch is the branch that is about to get rolled out to the public, it has (in theory) been spot-checked by everyone who worked on it, the commits (changes) in it are known to be good and working, it has been through QA and it can be expected to 'work'. Someone making last minute changes to it means that they're sticking code that hasn't been reviewed into it and there's all kinds of potential for that to cause problems with other changes - it hasn't been through QA in the context of the full deploy

It's like if you went to Burger King and ordered a whopper and the employee making it decided to make their own last-minute changes to the Whopper recipe

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 11, 2022

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Lol all characters gone cool cool

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol everyones characters were deleted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

arbybaconator posted:

I can't join Una, even though that's the server I've been playing on. There's an error message about not being able to create new characters, and that's it.

Same for me on Valtan. Fingers crossed they didn't actually wipe the headstart characters. :ohdear: