Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Well hey, while I'm on a roll I'd love to see a screenshot LP of Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria, too. Just to round out the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Well hey, while I'm on a roll I'd love to see a screenshot LP of Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria, too. Just to round out the series

I happen to be playing through this casually at the moment, but I don't think I need a second long form LP on my hands at the moment.

I guess what I'm saying is that if I'm free in like a year or two, then maybe I'll do it?

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

The former is very much what I was looking for. Loved the original XCOM and still play it today, but TFTD always felt like an unfair, unfun slog that you had to metagame to beat, so thanks!

IIRC, the difficulty got jacked WAY up in TFTD because there was a bug in the original XCOM release that reverted any difficulty selection back to "beginner" and having players complain that XCOM was too easy

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

By popular demand posted:

My machine can't show the game in high graphic detail- Wasteland 3
My skill can't show the game in high strategic detail- XCOM:TFTD:TWOTS

I haven't played TFTD in years so I decided to start a new playthrough with this mod. Thanks for making me aware of it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Cool.
Please consider doing an LP if you can.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

Cool.
Please consider doing an LP if you can.

I might consider it after my Freelancer LP is done. Its been 20+ years since I last touched TFTD though and this mod has made it even more alien to me. If I attempted to do an LP it would most definitely be in any way or form, high strategic detail.

I have played and completed the original Xcom many times over the years. My experience with completing TFTD for the only and only time didn't make me want to revisit any time soon.

If I LP this game many people will die, many, many people!

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 25, 2022

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Professor Duck posted:

IIRC, the difficulty got jacked WAY up in TFTD because there was a bug in the original XCOM release that reverted any difficulty selection back to "beginner" and having players complain that XCOM was too easy

Infamously so, I think the bug wasn't even discovered until years and years after the release of the original XCOM

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I might consider it after my Freelancer LP is done. Its been 20+ years since I last touched TFTD though and this mod has made it even more alien to me. If I attempted to do an LP it would most definitely be in any way or form, high strategic detail.

I have played and completed the original Xcom many times over the years. My experience with completing TFTD for the only and only time didn't make me want to revisit any time soon.

If I LP this game many people will die, many, many people!

I started a second game, my first one just being a trial to get a feel for the changes: in three months, I was averaging about 3-4 deaths per mission. Even for an XCOM game, it's a friggin' meatgrinder!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:xcom::getin:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Infamously so, I think the bug wasn't even discovered until years and years after the release of the original XCOM

I started a second game, my first one just being a trial to get a feel for the changes: in three months, I was averaging about 3-4 deaths per mission. Even for an XCOM game, it's a friggin' meatgrinder!

I'm only two months in and I've lost two people in four missions. Both of those people were lost in one mission and I quit out of a mission last night because of the same "Alien Presence" encounter. I don't know if you've encountered it yet but there's a mission type where you encounter half a dozen huge jellyfish type creatures on a very small map, who are massive bullet sponges, can move far and can one-shot your men. I'm not usually one for abandoning a mission when it starts going downhill but I had three of those bastards just descend on my men at the same time, my current weapons are lovely and these things need at least a dozen bullets to be taken down.

So far, the mod has been quite interesting. There are a lot of weapon choices very early on after some minor research, a bit too many for my taste as I think too much choice is a bad thing sometimes. There are new mission types with new alien types which seem interesting so far but I haven't read the lore behind some of these choices yet. One of these mission types I've experienced twice and it's quite random playing them without context behind it. The new starting base layout is confusing at first and some of the new room types are very confusing to me at the moment like the Outpost and the inclusion of being able to use a space to add an empty corridor. I'm going to keep playing it, I'm enjoying it so far despite some of the added bullshit on top of the already bullshit game mechanics.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The crazy underwater firearms are based on real world stuff, though TFTD is probably fought at much lower depths than actually possible with those.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I'm only two months in and I've lost two people in four missions. Both of those people were lost in one mission and I quit out of a mission last night because of the same "Alien Presence" encounter. I don't know if you've encountered it yet but there's a mission type where you encounter half a dozen huge jellyfish type creatures on a very small map, who are massive bullet sponges, can move far and can one-shot your men. I'm not usually one for abandoning a mission when it starts going downhill but I had three of those bastards just descend on my men at the same time, my current weapons are lovely and these things need at least a dozen bullets to be taken down.

So far, the mod has been quite interesting. There are a lot of weapon choices very early on after some minor research, a bit too many for my taste as I think too much choice is a bad thing sometimes. There are new mission types with new alien types which seem interesting so far but I haven't read the lore behind some of these choices yet. One of these mission types I've experienced twice and it's quite random playing them without context behind it. The new starting base layout is confusing at first and some of the new room types are very confusing to me at the moment like the Outpost and the inclusion of being able to use a space to add an empty corridor. I'm going to keep playing it, I'm enjoying it so far despite some of the added bullshit on top of the already bullshit game mechanics.

"Undersea activity" missions? Yeah, they're not fun, I think they use a mix of new enemies and terror mission heavy units, but with their stats buffed. It doesn't help that, unless I'm missing something (which is very possible, there's a lot of new poo poo in this mod), there's a very long period where you're forced to chose between rifles with high ammo capacity, but low accuracy, like the ADS rifles, or decent accuracy, but low ammo, like the jet harpoons (and if you pick weapons with a low ammo count in a classic XCOM game, you're braver than I). The laser rifles you can use on land missions are loving glorious by comparison, but I've not found a Gauss equivalent yet.

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

this pit is full of stat boosters
Requesting an LP of Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, specifically with the Gay Fates fan patch enabled.

Playing this was something I briefly considered (and had suggested to me!), but I think it's better suited to someone who likes transcribing in-game text and hasn't played way too much Fates already. Revelation is a bad game and the only ever LP that tried playing through it died, but with the gay patch you can turn a bad game into a fun sandbox where almost anybody can marry anyone, with dialogue written by fans who actually like the characters and want to explore their personalities in more detail, instead of localisers rushing out a billion conversations before a deadline. Although you would still have to play Revelation.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Someone please LP Suikoden Tierkreis because I really loved this game and when I grew up I learned I missed like half the guys. You can delight people with the bad voice acting too

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

goblin week posted:

Someone please LP Suikoden Tierkreis because I really loved this game and when I grew up I learned I missed like half the guys. You can delight people with the bad voice acting too

Someone tried years ago, but it definitely didn't finish and they disliked the game so it wasn't a fun read.
I love it too, 2nd best in the series after 5. Been considering replaying it with an undub for a long time, but I'm no LPer so seconded if someone who likes the game does it.

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."
The English patch of White Album 2 is out last December.

If you are interested in Japanese visual novels then this may be something interesting.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I'd like to request someone cover Stella Glow for the 3DS.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Feb 5, 2022

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

Yapping Eevee posted:

While I did enjoy that game for what it was (despite some problems I have with the "antagonists"), that one would be a tad difficult for an LP. I remember it having quite a bit of fanservice, even if it didn't exactly revel in it. I don't think it approached Ar Tonelico levels, but it was very similar in a lot of ways.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 5, 2022

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Yapping Eevee posted:

While we're at it, the entire series is lacking LPs.
Luminous Arc is my favorite srpg series, so I definitely support this. Probably the series I have the highest nostalgia for since it's definitely not as good as my other favorites, such as Exa Pico lol.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Psycho Knight posted:

While I did enjoy that game for what it was (despite some problems I have with the "antagonists"), that one would be a tad difficult for an LP. I remember it having quite a bit of fanservice, even if it didn't exactly revel in it. I don't think it approached Ar Tonelico levels, but it was very similar in a lot of ways.
Ar Tonelico has LPs, seems like by your description Stella Glow wouldn't be that difficult...

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cthulhu Saves Christmas is complete! Request fulfilled.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The Aliexpress thread stumbled on this

flavor.flv posted:

Game Cartridge For Console Single card 72 Pin NTSC and PAL Game Console
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m07qTLE

which is a physical copy of this poo poo:https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2385/

quote:

Enough waiting! Let’s go tangle with some meth-heads!!!

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

The Aliexpress thread stumbled on this

which is a physical copy of this poo poo:https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2385/

I O W A

what

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

which part of Enough waiting! Let’s go tangle with some meth-heads!!! were you unclear about?

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

which part of Enough waiting! Let’s go tangle with some meth-heads!!! were you unclear about?

No, I understood that part

it's more of a general "what" in response to everything that I'm seeing

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I'm so confused. What does this have to do with warships?

(This is legit what I thought when I saw the title, but in fairness, I have warships on the brain)

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Only 18 meth labs? Not Iowa at all :colbert:

Also needs way more corn.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

To get things back on track…

I’ve been recently playing the Digimon World DS games (specifically World DS, Dusk, and Dawn), and have come to the conclusion that someone REALLY needs to do these games back to back to back (as in a marathon/megathread). Would love to see the madness that ensues.

To whit, I’d like someone to LP (either VLP or SSLP) Digimon World DS, Digimon World Dusk/Dawn (these can be done simultaneously or one after the other), and Digimon World Championship.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Any recs for Wyldermyth or JUpiter Hell lps/streams?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Anybody feel up to doing an LP of Unavowed? There was a previous attempt but it got dropped due to the general state of the world in recent times.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

ultrafilter posted:

Anybody feel up to doing an LP of Unavowed? There was a previous attempt but it got dropped due to the general state of the world in recent times.
It's off-site but supergreatfriend is currently playing through it here.

Anyhow, I'd love to see an informative LP of Rain World. It is an extremely intriguing and very frustrating open-world platformer where you play as a creature that happens to very low on its planet's food chain.

If anyone knows of such an LP, I'm all ears.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

anilEhilated posted:

Anyhow, I'd love to see an informative LP of Rain World. It is an extremely intriguing and very frustrating open-world platformer where you play as a creature that happens to very low on its planet's food chain.

If anyone knows of such an LP, I'm all ears.

What are the odds, I came here to make this exact request. There are none of The Master List or the LP archive. I'm skimming through the youtube options to see which of them are the least obnoxious, however they all seem to be blind so far.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

drat, when did Id's youtube account get taken down. I never finished Shadow Hearts 2, and I really enjoyed watching the videos of that game.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I've always been curious about the PSX game Threads of Fate but can never find much about it when it pops into my brain. I'd love to see a screenshot LP of that

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

MythosDragon posted:

drat, when did Id's youtube account get taken down. I never finished Shadow Hearts 2, and I really enjoyed watching the videos of that game.

Square Enix decided to drop the copyright hammer by flagging ten random videos at once. Because of course they're exactly that petty.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

VolticSurge posted:

Square Enix decided to drop the copyright hammer by flagging ten random videos at once. Because of course they're exactly that petty.

drat... they really did that to the DrakeNier man.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

nightelf_37 posted:

Can someone SSLP Pokemon Girls Hunter?

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/PokemonGirlsHunter

I'm considering doing one myself if no one would.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

I got you fam

EchoBaz
Mar 21, 2022
Before I make a request, I wanna ask how many games I can request at once? and is there anything I should know about requesting Fan Games, and Visual Novels?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:c00lbutt:request denied.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

gently caress off. And no I don't know what day it is today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I've always been curious about the PSX game Threads of Fate but can never find much about it when it pops into my brain. I'd love to see a screenshot LP of that

Seconded. Threads of Fate is a strange but fun romp. It's also fairly short and sweet (even though there are two routes) from what I remember, so it wouldn't be a major commitment.