Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
There’s a lot of mechanics that are opaque, like the differences between spirit leech and fate of bjuna. You have to watch Enticity or some of the other streamers to get a sense of what is going on under the hood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The global recruitment reduction is something you notice when playing TK as you will create a lot more military buildings then any other faction.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So, talking about obscure WH2 mechanics, did anyone knew that if you bribe AI (ie send them at least moderate gift of gold without wanting anything in return) it will prevent them from declaring war on you for at least next 3 turns? Because I just stumbled across this yesterday and that's hell of a thing to learn about two weeks before third game releases. :psyduck:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Really? That's a hard rule? Amazing. I've definitely had campaigns where I will feed money to a Super Neighbor for the entire campaign either hoping for the alliance and/or not wanting them to see me as an enemy before they get into a war with another Super Faction. Super referring to those runaway 10-40+ settlement factions. I won most of my Imrik Legendary thanks to Thorgrim actually beating Grimgrog(impossible) and going super so I didn't have to actually win and hold much of anything in the Badlands.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

If that's actually a thing that's kinda huge

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I feel like I’ve had pretty mixed and lackluster results when bribing factions who dislike me.

Be’lakor has an ability to give a leadership debuff to an area while also removing Immunity to Psychology. Based on how it’s worded, I assume that negates the specific ability with that name, so I’m guessing it will negate the effects of Frenzy, but won’t do the same for units with Fear, Terror, Unbreakable, Undead, or Daemon.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Kanos posted:

My most common usage of global recruitment is "I have a lot of money and need to fill an army quickly" tool(because it uses separate slots than local, you can recruit local/global in the same area to slap together a crapstack fast).

For actually recruiting globally, it mostly comes into play in the mid-lategame when your economy has gone infinite and you're ranging very, very far for some reason. Of note is that for every 10 recruitment buildings of a unit you have, it reduces the global recruitment timer for that particular unit by one turn, so depending on the specific faction's recruitment building layout, you can very easily global recruit a lot of T1-3 units in 1 turn by the midgame.

Lt. Lizard posted:

So, talking about obscure WH2 mechanics, did anyone knew that if you bribe AI (ie send them at least moderate gift of gold without wanting anything in return) it will prevent them from declaring war on you for at least next 3 turns? Because I just stumbled across this yesterday and that's hell of a thing to learn about two weeks before third game releases. :psyduck:
:wtc:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lt. Lizard posted:

Now that is something I had no idea about.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I am currently at 20th turn of maintaining peace with Naggarond as Imrik where I sent them moderate gift ever 3 turns, despite being at something like -200 in diplomatic relationship. If I reload the game and don't send them the gift, they will immediately war-dec after 3 turns. I have no idea what else it could be and don't play with any mods, so....

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The global recruitment reduction comes up for core units I think, anything you can recruit from the settlement building itself (SFO has more of these I think? Can't remember if vanilla has many/any) but basically once your empire gets big enough you can recruit core units very quickly on global.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Kanos posted:

My most common usage of global recruitment is "I have a lot of money and need to fill an army quickly" tool(because it uses separate slots than local, you can recruit local/global in the same area to slap together a crapstack fast).

For actually recruiting globally, it mostly comes into play in the mid-lategame when your economy has gone infinite and you're ranging very, very far for some reason. Of note is that for every 10 recruitment buildings of a unit you have, it reduces the global recruitment timer for that particular unit by one turn, so depending on the specific faction's recruitment building layout, you can very easily global recruit a lot of T1-3 units in 1 turn by the midgame.

I also just learned this on my own in a wrap-up campaign I did last week. I was getting a few cheevos for finishing campaigns and realized that global recruitment was going down and accidentally figured it out. After so many hours too... lol

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

quote:

In my opinion (purely personal), in vain you united 2 language families in Kislev - this is stupid .... I understand, fantasy, all that ... But the Slavs are Slavs, and the nomads (Turks, Mongols, Manchus) we have there were numerous wars .... Here, for example, playing for Kislev, I will dissolve LL, rename all the generals to Udegei, Uldir, Bohatdir, Almush, Yapanchy, Yarboly, Sandugach, Saltyn, Aksaltyn, Yapanchy, Tuktashun, Yar Bolu, Ak Aldu, Timerleng , Bolu, Sak Bolu, Yak Bolu, Uk Bula, Yak Tau, Ak Tau, Aktanshi,... Names of Kislev???? Why not??? After all, Kislevpo Bek is a mixture of Slavs and Turkic Mongols ... But I'm not a Slav ... and I would like to see Kislev as a Fortress and Outpost against the Forces of Chaos with the Ungols at the head !!! Yes, I'm waiting for Ungol !!! And I don't mind the Slavs ... if, for example, a Lord or a hero of Kislev comes across, for example, with the name Yuri Dolgov. Shouldn't I change it into Ulgych Mongush??? Is it right to unite the Slavs and the Turkic-Mongol ??? Let me admit it is generally disgusting to see Tsar Boris in Kislev! all sorts of Catherines and all kinds of Kostaltuns ... I want to see KHAN Kislev such as Mangur, Mansura, Altyn Maguta, Borta-Bakita. And I perceive Kislev from the point of lore as part of Ungol. GW is that normal??? I don't want to play Slavs...I want to play Turko-Mongol! Why am I "forced" to play as Kislev??? Separate the Slavs from the Turkic-Mongolians ... Kislev infuriates me in the form it is ... I am not against the Slavs! Not in any way!!! BUT I don't want to play as the Slavs... Separate the Gospodar from the Ungol!!!! I want to play Ungol, but I don't want to see Boris, Katerina, and Kostaltyn...I want to play Ogedei, Yak Boly, Ak Tanysh, Yar Bolu...

Ya know what? Almost agreed. I do want to play those guys.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Feb 11, 2022

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
BUT I DON'T WANT TO PLAY SLAV PONTUS

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
Total Warhammer 3: But I'm not a Slav ...

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Pre-loading begins next Tuesday and there will be a launch patch.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
by not including my beloved tiny Mesopotamians in the game CA has taken away my ability to feel, to feel human.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
total warhammer 3 will be getting a rome DLC

EDIT: Nevermind lizard roster is full

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Total War: Warhammer 3 - I am not against the Slavs! Not in any way!!!

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
They did say they would explore the Gospodar/Ungol split more so there's that.

Bring on the Hags!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

My controversial opinion is that the game would still be good even if they announced tomorrow that all future DLC development is cancelled.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Sinteres posted:

My controversial opinion is that the game would still be good even if they announced tomorrow that all future DLC development is cancelled.

As long as Chorfs make it, the game simply isn't complete without them.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Was the origin of the corruption system the Napoleon peninsular campaign DLC (where agents and buildings could give or reduce French Influence) or was the same system used in other total war games before that?

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm all for more factions if possible, but demanding one because you(the guy in the quote not Edgar) are too racist to play as a slav-inspired nation is probably not the best reason.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I wanna play the new game and play each faction at least once.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

pro norsca tip - You can't raid me for cash if I raid me first

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Was the origin of the corruption system the Napoleon peninsular campaign DLC (where agents and buildings could give or reduce French Influence) or was the same system used in other total war games before that?

I think the barbarian invasion dlc for Rome first introduced the mechanic as religion that moved up or down in response to building places of worship.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

almost certain they have still used similar tags in the code from the first time it was introduced

all taint was religion

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Third World Reagan posted:

all taint was religion

We must be vigilant against the Corruption of Chaos, whatever form it may take.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

where is TURAN in warhammer CA? where is TURKIYYE?

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I, too, find the Slavic names in Kislev to be disgusting and will be obsessively changing them.

Also, I'll spit on the ground each time I see Tsar Boris.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dramicus posted:

I could be wrong, but I think they used the new lord of change model for the army lord and they used the old lord of change model for the monster variant.

The monster Variant Lord of Change is the one they had in the first game. (Which was based on the Forgeworld model)

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Third World Reagan posted:

almost certain they have still used similar tags in the code from the first time it was introduced

all taint was religion

it’s funnier to me if the root of chaos is bonapartism

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The four religions: republican, legitimist, orleanist, and bonapartist. Bonus lord: build an autocrat.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Andy Hall hinted at something next week, not sure what the hell that means, it's cryptic. He might just be referring to Ogres being dope. We have no idea. Cue rampant reddit speculation!

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The four religions: republican, legitimist, orleanist, and bonapartist. Bonus lord: build an autocrat.

I'm more of a bourgeoisie undivided guy, myself.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Did anyone watch the Lorebeards stream with Andy Hall? Any good hints or info?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I will only be calling the bear god Kim-un-Kamuy in my streams. (I don't stream)

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Grumio posted:

They dropped some tidbits about some stuff, I didn't take notes or anything but there's some stuff that I still recall:

Cathay campaign story spoiler -> Shen Zoo, the dragon that Miao Ying/Zhao Ming are looking for, isn't found by the end of the campaign, since GW/CA are deliberately leaving that thread open. She might show up at some point in the future of the game.

Kislev has a Golden Knight character who serves as the personal bodyguard of the Tzar/Tzarina. Currently this is a woman, though traditionally it's a man. Might end up as a Green Knight type hero, or just a legendary hero in general a la Kroak.

There was some subtle hinting that The Changeling might be doing stuff regarding the varying descriptions of the Monkey King in Cathay. Very possible we get a Monkey King vs. Changeling DLC. Also Andy specifically mentions that the Monkey King provides "monkey warriors" to the armies of Cathay, which isn't new but it's likely we'll see them as DLC units at some point considering he kind of went out of his way to mention it.

Mother Ostankya/Baba Yaga seems to still be a thing, but he was vague as gently caress about it. Kinda got muddled in a wider conversation. Not sure if that was just a random thought or a hint.

That's all I can recall off the top of my head.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Coincidence that a total war game featuring Not Russia will come out the same week as Putin invades Ukraine? I think not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Grumio posted:

Some lore nuggets from the Lorebeards interview with Andy Hall, taken from the official forums:

Kislev:

- Katarin is a single daughter currently, but Andy said that could change.
- Baba Yaga is no longer canon, but Hags are the same way as always, the new Baba Yaga is the lady mentioned in that Lore nugget we have seen in the loading screen.
- The catalyst for the whole situation in WH3 is Boris death, since he had special contingencies to avoid revealing Ursuns place of rest during his hibernations, with his death that info managed to leak to Be'lakor, who then kidnapped Ursun on his sleep.
- The conflict between the Ungols and the Gospodar is still a thing, but CA wanted a more easy to recognize conflict for people that is new to the setting, hence the state Vs religion conflict.
- The Ancient Widow is not currently mentioned in the game, but she wasn't decanoniced.
- The Golden Knigth is on the words of Andy to Katarin what Ludwig is to Franz and is the only character that in some way units both the Ice Court and the Orthodoxy, since her armor is blessed by both.
- The other gods of Kislev have been more active since Ursuns kidnapping.
- Boris was always planned as being resurrected, but they wanted him to start dead to cement Katarins role as the Tzarina.
- There isn't a book for Kislev like there is one for Cathay right now, all the Kislev stuff was given from GW to CA in the traditional way, like sketches and info dumps.
- If not for the difficulties of remote developing from home, Andy said that Katarin would most likely have gotten her sled, which could be added later.
- CA intends to go deeper into the different groups that form Kislev in the future, like the Hags and the Ungols.
Cathay:

- Shen Shoo is not in the game and won't be for the foreseeable future, she is an situation of "never say never" or as Andy says, " the door is ajar"
- That Lore nugget about the Monkey King being aligned to Chaos is propaganda spreaded by the Changeling, since Tzeentch doesn't want the Monkey King and Cathay to stay at odds.
- Only 2 Dragon children we don't know anything about, the other 3 missing we know some things about them, we know a lot sepcially about the one in the Cathayan underworld.

Random:

- Kurt Helborg is the character that Andy most wants to see in the game
- Chronologically, the games go as in this order, 3-2-1.
- Something is going to be released very soon that will answer a lot of doubts, like what the other Gods of Kislev are up to.