Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

infraboy posted:

I’ve been eating a lot more fresh fruit daily thanks to Costco, makes me a bit gassy probably due to the fiber since it’s indehestible, but thats other people’s problem.

Oddly we've got the opposite thing going on. When we do most of our shopping at Costco the fresh produce quotient goes down, mostly because we avoid buying it there because there's no way we'll use it all before it goes bad. Meanwhile when we make a run to a normal grocery store we've got plenty of fresh stuff because by the time it starts to get a bit tired looking we're on the last couple whatevers anyways. I end up eating a LOT more fresh fruit when we've recently stocked up at a grocery store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I'm eating Kirkland trail mix rn

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I'm eating Kirkland trail mix rn

If you spot them grab the wasabi almonds. They're loving S-Tier daytime snack food.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

Oddly we've got the opposite thing going on. When we do most of our shopping at Costco the fresh produce quotient goes down, mostly because we avoid buying it there because there's no way we'll use it all before it goes bad. Meanwhile when we make a run to a normal grocery store we've got plenty of fresh stuff because by the time it starts to get a bit tired looking we're on the last couple whatevers anyways. I end up eating a LOT more fresh fruit when we've recently stocked up at a grocery store.

Same. I buy what I can reasonably use before it goes bad from Costco and fill out the haul at the grocery store.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

If you spot them grab the wasabi almonds. They're loving S-Tier daytime snack food.

I have dreams about those sometimes, I haven't seen them in years here.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Costco frozen lasagna (not the sausage one) is so bland that I had a panic thinking that I lost my taste due to covid.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

The sausage one is pretty decent but I feel it’s a tad watery. Not sure if it’s just that particular lasagna or if they’re all that way though

The calorie per dollar is hard to beat though

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Knot My President! posted:

The sausage one is pretty decent but I feel it’s a tad watery. Not sure if it’s just that particular lasagna or if they’re all that way though

Yeah sausage is good. It is definitely very watery... I find that it is much better the next day in that regard and also much better if baked in the oven rather than microwaved.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

People actually microwave it? I always thought those were meme directions on the back :0

I did buy that crazy Panasonic microwave but I wouldn’t ever be able to bring myself to do it

I want the Pendleton picnic blanket but they don’t have the color I want (green) :negative:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Just had the second beef/sausage lasagna from the two-pack they come in, and didn't find it watery but definitely found it to be a bit of a grease bomb.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Cyrano4747 posted:

Costco beats my supermarkets by price and quality by a significant margin I mostly buy apples that last a while and i've been loving the pears and can go through the 5lb bags of Anjous in less than a week. The Bananas and mangoes tend to all ripen at the same time but that means I gotta go a bit donkey kong on them.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

I’d also recommend the package of rambutans from produce when they have them. They last pretty well in the fridge, but also it’s not actually that many so it’s easy to get through if you want some fun and tasty exotic fruit.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Knot My President! posted:

If you're doing it in the oven and it's watery give it an extra 10 minutes or so with the plastic completely off.

Also make sure to give it a few minutes of resting after you take it out of the oven. You don't want to be eating it at its full baking temp, and letting it cool a bit helps poo poo re-absorb.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Yeah that lasgna is probably the best premade I've ever had and me and the wife love it.

Absolutely cook it in the oven and let it sit, shits amazing and no one same microwaves it.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

The pre made meals in general are good. Picked up the Caesar salad with the bag of rotisserie chicken to make that for dinner. I buy their wet dog food and been to a few different ones in the area and none of them have it again.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

New free sample protocol being tested.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

A shameful display.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I've had bad luck, or at least I've been disappointed with my Costco s pre-made stuff. I was about to give up on it but I got a nice Italian sausage spinach pasta dish that was great.

I'll keep giving them a try.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

All the deli poo poo is bland as hell. The rotisserie chicken is the only thing worth it

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The deli chicken yakisoba is good but you gotta cook it longer than they say, get a little sear on the vegetables.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

people goin ham on the chicken wings

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

bird with big dick posted:

people goin ham on the chicken wings

Always hate it when all that's left are the weirdly too narrow boxes with no handles. Every time I see one of the large heavy duty cardboard fruit boxes I take one because it both holds up as a grocery delivery system from car to house and you can even fill and stack them with quite a fair bit of stuff for storage.

Unison
Oct 12, 2005
To each their own, but the Beef Lasagna is far better in my book than the Beef + Sausage.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

All the deli poo poo is bland as hell. The rotisserie chicken is the only thing worth it

The taco kit is pretty decent for a night where you're too lazy to cook dinner.

I mean, no, it doesn't hold up to actual street tacos made by someone who's been slinging tacos in LA since the 70s or whatever or even a halfway competent mexican restaurant, but throw a bit of decent hot sauce on them? Better than fine. Sure as poo poo better than stopping off at a fast food place on the way home, which at the price point and lack of real cooking required is what it's realistically competing with.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

The taco kit is pretty decent for a night where you're too lazy to cook dinner.

Can confirm. It doesn't look like it, but there's usually way more stuff in that pack than it looks like. Easily feeds like 3 hungry-rear end adults.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I loving love the beef and sausage lasagne but I've only ever done it in the oven. What are the other good premade frozen meals? I'm a dad and I cook, but some nights I just want to put a ready meal in the oven.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

mariooncrack posted:

You're probably not eating enough fiber. Eat more fiber regularly and it might go away. Costco sells GasX if you need it.

dried apricots have a good amount of fiber in them

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

redreader posted:

I loving love the beef and sausage lasagne but I've only ever done it in the oven. What are the other good premade frozen meals? I'm a dad and I cook, but some nights I just want to put a ready meal in the oven.

Might be regional but Beecher's mac n cheese is solid.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

kirkland premium cashews are worth it.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pretty disappointed with Costco.com shipping. Bought something online on Thursday that promised Friday delivery. I'm about two miles from the DC so that makes sense.

It's Saturday and a shipping label has been created but UPS still hasn't received the package. Same thing happened with some COVID test kits I bought, promised next day deliver but took Costco 4 days to hand the package off to UPS.

Should I contact Costco about this?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

AKZ posted:

kirkland premium cashews are worth it.

Munching on a box of them right now.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
It’s most likely a UPS thing. I’m sure if you complain that Costco will apologize or throw you a gift card, but shipping times are up everywhere and are more unpredictable in the small home deliveries area. I would suggest that you allow way more time for shipping literally anything and if it’s a need-it-now situation, go to a physical store and buy it in person.

Edit: Costco and other DCs don’t bring their packages to carriers, the carriers pick up from them. Sometimes you just don’t get allocated a truck even if one was scheduled. People call off, the driver is over their allowed drive time, yesterday’s loads roll over into today, that truck’s previous unload took longer than allotted and then they can’t make it to the new shipper during their open hours. Logistics is a never ending game of jenga that occasionally crashes in spectacular fashion.

Hutla fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 12, 2022

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

binge crotching posted:

Munching on a box of them right now.

:respek:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I had to stop buying those 4 or 5 pound bags of Costco trailmix because I would just blow through them.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I had to stop buying those 4 or 5 pound bags of Costco trailmix because I would just blow through them.

This is me with those peanut butter filed pretzel things. What do you mean the jar isn't a single serving? :btroll:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
That's Real Virginia Peanut Butter to you mothertrucker

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Cyrano4747 posted:

This is me with those peanut butter filed pretzel things. What do you mean the jar isn't a single serving? :btroll:

:same:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

i ran out of cinnamon loaf. on the few final bites i had i was putting slices of banana on top and now i have neither :negative:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Oh those rule, I have to limit how often I get them though. Ideal for workplace snacking!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Didn’t care for the cinnamon butter loaf. Have one uneaten loaf and it may end up in the trash if it’s not eaten in the next couple days.