Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
This is a wonderful idea.

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1492216153703432195?s=21

I still want to be able to turn off Quick Resume for some games, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Hell yeah Quick Resume is such a great QoL experience although I have had it stop quick resuming a game, I guess I opened too many other games in the meantime. Being able to pin a couple is a great call.

Shadow of War is my current just veg out, slay orcs and harass Bruz game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zerot posted:

Amazing

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That is actually the one gripe I have had with quick resume so that is great.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zerot posted:

Lol. Xbox Stays Winning. In fact over time it only becomes better.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Larry Parrish posted:

Lol. Xbox Stays Winning. In fact over time it only becomes better.

I wanna return to the fold after a generation away but I can’t get a dingdang Series X

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Get well soon, THE AWESOME GHOST.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ok Comboomer posted:

I wanna return to the fold after a generation away but I can’t get a dingdang Series X

Just follow a Twitter account that posts restocks and go wait in line. That's what I did. I set the $500 aside and waited a few weeks, then just went and waited in line before work on a random Wednesday. I had to hit up a couple GameStop's first but they open at like 11 or some poo poo so it's not like you have to wake up early.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My gamepass was expiring and the Xbox All Access at bestbuy had series xes available so I got one of those. It was delivered crazy fast by non amazon prime standards, next day. I was shocked.

Ends up being about $50 cheaper over 2 years if you calculate the cost of a series x and regular cost of gamepass ultimate (I had already done the convert live gold over for a buck trick)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ok Comboomer posted:

Divine punishment for your crimes of bad posting perhaps...

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
here's some footage of me going ham in CrossfireX S&D multiplayer if you don't feel like downloading it. you can pretty much tell from the video how abysmal the aiming is. it's the closest thing to a new console CS considering that the actual CS:GO is delisted from the store. that being said i think i've had my fill and i'm going back to Far Cry 6 for a while :cheersdoge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEWS4X7ITfk

barnold fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Feb 12, 2022

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

American McGay posted:

Divine punishment for your crimes of bad posting perhaps...

:yeah:

As penance you should say "Xbox stays winning" ten times on the ps5 thread on separate posts.
Gates bless you my son.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

SpiderLink posted:

Get well soon, THE AWESOME GHOST.

Thank you :) it’s a pretty mild one from what I’ve seen thankfully. I guess boosters work!

I uninstalled halo on Xbox app and installed on steam and it suddenly worked just fine. It plays and looks much better on the series X though so I really am starting to reconsider telling my friends who are PC only how good gamepass is and just recommending people get an Xbox instead lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

barnold posted:

here's some footage of me going ham in CrossfireX S&D multiplayer if you don't feel like downloading it. you can pretty much tell from the video how abysmal the aiming is. it's the closest thing to a new console CS considering that the actual CS:GO is delisted from the store. that being said i think i've had my fill and i'm going back to Far Cry 6 for a while :cheersdoge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEWS4X7ITfk

This looks just like a CS map.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

MarcusSA posted:

It looks like a rip-off of Inferno. I'd be cool with a CS clone considering the current state of GO but this ain't it. The aiming feels awful.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

The original Crossfire was a do not steal original content version of original counterstrike, so this is exactly what diehard fans want. I think. gently caress em.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I know we have lots of folks who are new or returning to Xbox, so I just wanted to repost a link to the Something Awful leaderboards at TrueAchievements.

https://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=4483

It goes by TrueAchievement score and not gamerscore, which is the site's attempt to adjust gamerscore based on achievement difficulty.

I really like the site for its sales price tracking, so it's worth joining in general.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

adhuin posted:

As penance you should say "Xbox stays winning" ten times on the ps5 thread on separate posts.

I got this

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m still surprised that some people ITT actually say “Xbox stays winning” unironically. Not because Xbox is bad or whatever but who cares about that console war poo poo in 2022. I always assumed it was only ever used as a meme before

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sony care about console war poo poo. They got so shook by the amount of winning Xbox was doing that they bought Bungie.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m still surprised that some people ITT actually say “Xbox stays winning” unironically. Not because Xbox is bad or whatever but who cares about that console war poo poo in 2022. I always assumed it was only ever used as a meme before

Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime.

of course it's a meme

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s not a meme. The console wars are real and they’re coming. Everyone will have to choose a side. If you own both machines? gently caress you, get off the fence.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I have Xbox on my personal computer. Feels illicit.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

As an X-box American,

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

As an X-box American,

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Escobarbarian posted:

It used to be a meme in the Xbox thru 360 thru Xbox one era... The most popular games were on both, and that's still true today. But trust me when I say Game Pass and Quick Resume will change your life. They've revolutionized my game habits, and while I'm younger than the average goon I'm still old enough to be set in my ways. I started out a Sony fan boy, became a pc gamer by default when my PS2 disc drive died, and after experiencing the win that is Xbox series X and game pass, I must admit that Microsoft is capable of learning from mistakes. The console war is over not because it's dated or that it's cringe, but because one side won. And the losers just don't know what they're missing yet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

the losers just don't know what they're missing yet.

They’re missing games. And they know.

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

Pitwar posted:

Going back to this question, I bought the wireless headset last weekend and couldn't be more pleased with it.

It's a bit bassy out the box, but after looking up settings online that's easily sorted.

I also paid for the Dolby stuff which again can be tweaked to your requirements, and it sounds incredible.

For £90, it's a fantastic piece of kit.

Awesome - thanks and to the others who replied, ordered these and cashed in £55 of rewards points for them too so Xbox does indeed keep winning

edit: replied before seeing the winning discourse. I stand by this opinion

Flux Wildly fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Feb 12, 2022

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Zerot posted:

I know we have lots of folks who are new or returning to Xbox, so I just wanted to repost a link to the Something Awful leaderboards at TrueAchievements.

https://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=4483

It goes by TrueAchievement score and not gamerscore, which is the site's attempt to adjust gamerscore based on achievement difficulty.

I really like the site for its sales price tracking, so it's worth joining in general.

Yeah it's a great website. I like its game collection management as it auto-populates with games you've played as well as Game Pass games and you can filter them by any metric you can think of. (e.g. completion time, user rating, FPS Boost, Series X enhancements, genres, various statistics, etc.)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

As an X-box American,

The only Xbox fans to be fair

You still can’t get a ps5 here but series s and x are sitting on shelves. It’s a good system!! But also I think there is some sort of weirdness with gamepass in the Middle East atm (I have to set my accounts to US and use points cards) so until that’s resolved people won’t see what makes it good

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
I'll be frank: after immersing myself in my Series S and Game Pass for the past few weeks, I'm starting to realize that I'd happily trade my PS5 for a Series X. My PS5 is basically a Bloodborne/Souls machine just like my previous PS consoles before it; I simply don't care about any of Sony's exclusives and never have (with the obvious exceptions being BB and maybe Returnal). Anything plot-heavy is a no-go for me and Sony's been leaning too heavily into that for years, which is fine but it just isn't for me.

The only thing stopping such a trade is the fact that my PS5 was a gift, and Emily Post would frown on that.

I'll always be a Nintendo fan first and foremost, though. The day I skip a Nintendo console is the day I stop gaming completely.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nintendo games havent been engaging me for a few years. I cant get excited for mario spin offs i played on gamecube and wii already, where those old versions were often superior to their new one. Most recently i liked bowsers fury but it was 4-5 hours to 100%.
Its a me thing im sure theres lots to love there but im dying for another year like 2017

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Escobarbarian posted:

Lol

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Real hurthling! posted:

Its a me! Real hurthling!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No hate but I have no idea why you’d buy a PS5 if you weren’t interested in their single player first party games.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No hate but I have no idea why you’d buy a PS5 if you weren’t interested in their single player first party games.

They look good tbh, games are cool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Because you cant hear your ps4 game over your pros lawnmower fan

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

External Organs posted:

They look good tbh, games are cool

Yeah for sure

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hate when games have stories. All games should just be a little guy jumping on baddies all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Escobarbarian posted:

I hate when games have stories. All games should just be a little guy jumping on baddies all the time

Pretty much but if the story happens while im still able to jump on the guys instead of in a cutscene that makes me advance dozens of textboxes its fine with me