Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

b_d posted:

they don't count as people.

yes yes I see now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Muscle Tracer posted:

IMHO this is just generally true of games made in Japan. Definitely was true of BotW.

going off of this, is it possible to play botw or xc1 or xc2 with japanese voices and english subtitles? do any games allow this?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

except switch pro

they are all deluding themselves into thinking Nintendo would choose a name as lame as the Switch Pro...

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
ladies and gentlemen, presenting...

The New Switch U

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

abelwingnut posted:

going off of this, is it possible to play botw or xc1 or xc2 with japanese voices and english subtitles? do any games allow this?

the enormous majority of Japanese rpgs allow this

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah I think most modern games that have a western release has thist.

If you import a game it depends on the region you imported from.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Evil Fluffy posted:

If they want $60 for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Ultimate Edition so that people can have all 80+ tracks baked into the game you and everyone else is going to shell out and don't try to pretend otherwise.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Has anyone done the math on the MK DLC courses vs how many have not been released in the previous games?

Hm...I'll give it a go. This is not including the arcade game.

7 games.
4 cups.
4 tracks per cup.
7*4*4 = 112 possible courses. 16 are already in the game so 96.

Of which we are getting 1/2 minus the arcade tracks.

Good chance that we will get some of the really good ones like Maple Treeway.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

abelwingnut posted:

I just checked and both BOTW and Xenoblade DE give you a choice of at least English and Japanese for VA language (BOTW has other language choices including French and Russian as well). I can't personally verify XBC2 but I can't imagine they'd backslide on that.

And yeah, the majority of at least JRPGs released in North America these days that have an English dub allow you to pick between at least English and Japanese. Even Atlus, who were weird holdouts for a very long time have the JP VA in their games nowadays.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

XC2 got JP voices in an update. Nia is better as an angry Welsh grandma.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas posted:

The Immutable Aspect of The Uncle

Nintendo Switch Thread - immutable aspect of the Uncle

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

b_d posted:

they don't count as people.

It’s their job to have an opinion, which makes their opinion untrustworthy.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they are all deluding themselves into thinking Nintendo would choose a name as lame as the Switch Pro...

Nintendo Switch Gold

Nintendo Switch Select

Nintendo Switch Hub

Nintendo ⭐️NEW⭐️Switch

Anyway, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t just an updated nvidia soc and they kept backwards compatibility

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 12, 2022

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Lmao, Jon Cartwright rules. He just released a video about how he made a bullshit Twitter grifter Nintendo rumor account and how easy it is to manipulate people and game news outlets.

https://youtu.be/-nODZila7ME

Terrible lesson. Always blindly trust Waddle Dee.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Waddle Dee Knew

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
waddle knew

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Waddle doon’t

Trust in Dedede

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm going to buy kirby. and play Kirby after elden ring, as a sequel, set in the lands between. Sorry if you read this

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Polo-Rican posted:

just a month ago there were all sorts of rumors that nintendo was working on a new mario kart... in retrospect, I wonder if whoever leaked that information actually just heard about "48 mario kart courses in development" and got mixed up!
My favorite thing was someone getting some glimpse at the Starlink Battle For Atlas game with Starfox characters (which has some sorta racing missions) and that morphing into the rumor that "Starfox Racing" was under development

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Lmao, Jon Cartwright rules. He just released a video about how he made a bullshit Twitter grifter Nintendo rumor account and how easy it is to manipulate people and game news outlets.

This is great. He probably could’ve kept this up for a long time.

All these insiders are so full of poo poo. Predicting nonsense like Star Fox Racing, 1-2 switch sequel, and Mother 3.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Detective No. 27 posted:

Was this guy part of anything else? He sounds really familiar.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Nintendo Versatile Top

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Nintendo Switch Vers

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Nintendo Versatile Top

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 12, 2022

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Was this guy part of anything else? He sounds really familiar.

He was at Gamexplain and Nintendo Life.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

this is funny but please edit your post to reflect the imo funnier joke I came up with immediately after posting

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Palmtree Panic posted:

He was at Gamexplain and Nintendo Life.

Okay it was Gamexplain I know him from, thanks

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

People just keep going back and forth between GameXplain, NintendoLife, and GoodVibesGaming

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Palmtree Panic posted:

This is great. He probably could’ve kept this up for a long time.

All these insiders are so full of poo poo. Predicting nonsense like Star Fox Racing, 1-2 switch sequel, and Mother 3.

Yeah Star Fox racing and F-Zero Rammers were leaker bait. Non-existent games to pretty much done to weed out who's giving out information to people.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

F-Zero Rammers wasn't a leak it was a joke someone in one of these threads made

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Postman posted:

Mario Party Superstars if you're all down to screw each other over
If you play with three players and a CPU all the players can bully the CPU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Araxxor posted:

Yeah Star Fox racing and F-Zero Rammers were leaker bait. Non-existent games to pretty much done to weed out who's giving out information to people.
No they weren't. It sadly goes deeper than that. The guy that claimed Star Fox Racing was an "internal sting" meant to catch leakers was himself just a random rumormonger trying to get his name in circulation. They're all pathetic miserable little turds.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

American McGay posted:

No they weren't. It sadly goes deeper than that. The guy that claimed Star Fox Racing was an "internal sting" meant to catch leakers was himself just a random rumormonger trying to get his name in circulation. They're all pathetic miserable little turds.

Oh. lol.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Monkey Fracas posted:

ladies and gentlemen, presenting...

The Super Switch Nintendo Entertainment System (SSNES)

Fixed that for you.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Just call it Dolphin and make docking mandatory.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

I always wonder why people say this. Xenoblade one just isn’t a very good game. I like it but it’s flaws are so so much worse than anything 2 does

Xenoblade 1 has cool characters and a wild plot full of jrpg bullshit twists and turns. Xenoblade 2's plot is basically a straight line, it keeps feeling like the big midgame twist is coming and then you just reach the end.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I wasn't sure about the voice acting in Triangle Strategy at first, but it's pretty charming once you get used to it.

Also Frederica just stepping off a boat and immediately going to town on some bandits with pyromancy shoved her right up my character rankings.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I would like to express my love and respect to the brave posters who are acknowledging that Xenoblade 2 sucks.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Wow Astral Chain did not even let the dad character live for more than one tutorial chapter

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Bleck posted:

I would like to express my love and respect to the brave posters who are acknowledging that Xenoblade 2 sucks.

Look, around here if you say anything negative about about any video game's inclusion of obviously pandering sexual fantasy fodder, you've got a legit 50/50 shot between people agreeing and forgetting about it, vs getting dogpiled by a bunch of anime-pillow owning, socks/sandals/fedora wearing goons calling you a prude and ddosing the forums server via the "Report" button on your post about it.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Feb 12, 2022

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ah yes. and katana neck beards as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

Look, around here if you say anything negative about about any video game's inclusion of obviously pandering sexual fantasy fodder, you've got a legit 50/50 shot between people agreeing and forgetting about it, vs getting dogpiled by a bunch of anime-pillow owning, socks/sandals/fedora wearing goons calling you a prude and ddosing the forums server via the "Report" button on your post about it.

gonna cry?