Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
11th February
SEAdLINNNG Started '22
Riko Kawahata vs Ryo Mizunami

MOTYC
11th February
SEAdLINNNG Started '22
Arisa Nakajima & Las Fresa de Egoistas (ASUKA & Makoto) vs Hiroyo Matsumoto, Itsuki Aoki & Yoshiko

SEAdLINNNG are back and they are still great. Heel Arisa is such a fucker. I will say that something felt off about the production, like they used the floor camera a lot more than the hardcam, & when they used that it was zoomed out more for some reason. But the wrestling is still very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
11th February
SEAdLINNNG Started '22
Arisa Nakajima & Las Fresa de Egoistas (ASUKA & Makoto) vs Hiroyo Matsumoto, Itsuki Aoki & Yoshiko

SEAdLINNNG are back and they are still great. Heel Arisa is such a fucker. I will say that something felt off about the production, like they used the floor camera a lot more than the hardcam, & when they used that it was zoomed out more for some reason. But the wrestling is still very good.

2nd. Kawahata/Ryo didn't really hit for me, party because it was the second tease of a time limit draw on a rookie trial series on the same show.

The main event owned though. Loved the dynamic between Arisa and Las Ego. Loved Yoshiko showing off some new stuff. Makoto really has come into her own over the past year or so to the point I'd love to see her get a shot against Arisa.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Positive Chain February 11th
MOTYC
DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) vs Bakuretsu Sisters (Nodoka Tenma and Yuki Aino)
- Three hosses and a Dragon with a diamond rear end wage war

HM
Moka Miyamoto vs Arisu Endo
- These two just keep getting better every show, it's great to see. Also Endo casually pulled out a rad as hell dropkick which looked great

Suzume vs Yuki Arai
- Rookie battle, part 2. It's hard not to gush over Arai every time she wrestles, but she's just so goddamn good. And this is only her 26th match.

NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs Pom Harajuku and Raku
- :france: Oh how i've missed these two.

Maki Itoh (c) vs Kamiyu - International Princess Championship
- Some great fire and some great comedy, although some awkward moments kept it from being amazing

Nth. Great show!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
5th February
DDT Ultimate Tag League Night 2
37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita, Toi Kojima & Yuki Ueno) vs Disaster Box (HARASHIMA, Kazuki Hirata & Naomi Yoshimura)

This was far better than you'd expect for a show in a town you've never heard of infront 90 people according to Cagematch. Not much held back despite that.

MOTYC
5th February
DDT Ultimate Tag League Night 2
Ultimate Tag League A Block
Burning (Jun Akiyama & Tetsuya Endo) vs Eruption (Hideki Okatani & Kazusada Higuchi)

Same for this. Yeah it's a tournament match but it took 3 days to get uploaded to WU, & like I say, 90 in attendance, it's a very B show but gently caress it, let's batter each other. Let's have Akiyama & Higuchi exchange headbutts. Okatani gets plenty of shine.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: The Young Bucks vs. CHAOS (Rocky Romero & Trent?) - AEW Rampage 2/11

You'll be shocked to learn the Young Bucks were in a great match! This was awesome, equal parts funny and excellent wrestling.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Young Bucks vs Roppongi Vice AEW Rampage 11.02

A complete dumb spotfest clusterfuck going at about a million miles an hour. It loving owned.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

You'll be shocked to learn the Young Bucks were in a great match! This was awesome, equal parts funny and excellent wrestling.

Nth, best spot fest I’ve seen in a while.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Young Bucks vs Roppongi Vice AEW Rampage 11.02

A complete dumb spotfest clusterfuck going at about a million miles an hour. It loving owned.

Yes agreed

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Blake Li vs HOOK AEW Rampage 11.02

HOOKAMANIA RUNNING WILD

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Jurassic Express vs rear end Boys AEW Rampage 11.02

A match worth watching for the commentary alone, but also a real good showing from the Buttocks Brothers and Jurassic Express were good as always.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Jurassic Express (C) vs. rear end Boys for the AEW Tag Team Titles - AEW Rampage 2/11

A match worth watching for the commentary alone, but also a real good showing from the Buttocks Brothers and Jurassic Express were good as always.

Holy poo poo I had so much fun watching this match, 2nd.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Jerusalem posted:

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Jurassic Express vs rear end Boys AEW Rampage 11.02

nth to both of these, two great tag matches.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC:

Young Bucks vs RPG Vice

Purely for the no sell of the Doomsday Device. A thing of beauty.

HM:

Jurassic Express vs Gunn Clubb

It's disgusting that people disrespect the Gunns with their derogatory names.

Both from Rampage on 2/11~!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC:

Young Bucks vs RPG Vice

Purely for the no sell of the Doomsday Device. A thing of beauty.

HM:

Jurassic Express vs Gunn Clubb

It's disgusting that people disrespect the Gunns with their derogatory names.

Both from Rampage on 2/11~!

indeed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: The Young Bucks vs. Roppongi Vice, AEW Rampage, 11/02
HM: Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus vs. rear end Boys, AEW Rampage, 11/02

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Nth. All Elite Wrestling are rather good at this new fangled "tagged team" wrestling.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Ultimate Tag Lague Night 4 February 12th
MOTYC
37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita and Yuki Ueno) vs Yuji Hino and Yukio Naya
- Awesome stuff, literally the only issue I had with this match was that the show was filmed on an iPad for youtube so it was single cam without comms. I'm convinced at this point that Yuki Ueno is the best underdog babyface in the world. He even made Yukio Naya seem threatening, and anyone that's sat through a Naya match knows that's no walk in the park.

HM
DisasterBox (HARASHIMA and Naomi Yoshimura) vs 37KAMIINA (MAO and Shunma Katsumata)
- MAO is great, people should be more like MAO

37KAMIINA rule, if you don't know them then get on that pronto. They've got Soup Boy, Kota Ibushi's son, the Lego Goblin, his weird friend, and their very own Young Boy. What not to love

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Not sure I believe Yukio Naya could have a MOTYC. He's just got absolutely no presence, negative presence even. I was so mad they saddled poor Hino with him :(

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Ultimate Tag Lague Night 4 February 12th
MOTYC
37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita and Yuki Ueno) vs Yuji Hino and Yukio Naya
- Awesome stuff, literally the only issue I had with this match was that the show was filmed on an iPad for youtube so it was single cam without comms. I'm convinced at this point that Yuki Ueno is the best underdog babyface in the world. He even made Yukio Naya seem threatening, and anyone that's sat through a Naya match knows that's no walk in the park.

HM
DisasterBox (HARASHIMA and Naomi Yoshimura) vs 37KAMIINA (MAO and Shunma Katsumata)
- MAO is great, people should be more like MAO

37KAMIINA rule, if you don't know them then get on that pronto. They've got Soup Boy, Kota Ibushi's son, the Lego Goblin, his weird friend, and their very own Young Boy. What not to love

Nth on these. Soup Boy is one of my favourite wrestlers in the world right now. Naya was also in that match.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

nth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Catching up with the stuff I cared about from this week's NOAH shows, ahould be able to catch the two DDT and one New Japan show tomorrow before the *sigh* Ishii vs EVIL match

NOAH Step Forward Night 1 - February 9th
HM
Daisuke Harada (c) vs Tadasuke - GHC Junior Championship
- These guys work really well together, it's almost as if they've been teaming on and off for the past 15 years

Go Shiozaki vs Masato Tanaka
- Not sure I like the story being told here with Go, but this was still two guys wallpoing the poo poo out of each other and i'm a sucker for that

NOAH Step Forward Night 2 - February 10th
MOTYC
Go Shiozaki vs Naomichi Marufuji
- Go's trial series continues to rule, I'd say this one was just below the Sugiura one in terms of quality but still very good. Jesus his chest though, it's horrifying

NOAH Step Forward Night 3 - February 11th
MOTYC
Go Shiozaki vs Kenoh
- Neither of these men have any regard for Go's health and it rules

HM
Noah Jr Army (Daisuke Harada and Haoh) vs Kongoh (Aleja and Nioh)
- Rad, when they're not filling the quarterly betrayal quotas the Junior division is real goddamn good

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
HM: The Young Bucks vs. Roppongi Vice, AEW Rampage, 11/02
HM: Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus vs. The Gunn Club aka The rear end Boys for the AEW World Tag Team Championship, AEW Rampage, 11/02

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Eddie Kingston vs. Gabriel Kidd, NJPW Strong, 1/8

Almost a MOTYC for me. Just a really great, intense fight.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Alex Coughlin vs. JR Kratos, NJPW Strong, Jan 30
HM: Christopher Daniels vs. Jay White, NJPW Strong, Jan 30

Both really solid matches. The Coughlin-Kratos one had a really nice finish.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
11th February
TJPW Positive Chain '22
Mizuki, Shoko Nakajima & Yuka Sakazaki vs Marika Kobashi, Miyu Yamashita & Nao Kakuta

MOTYC
11th February
TJPW Positive Chain '22
Max Heart Tournament Final
BAKURETSU Sisters (Nodoka Tenma & Yuki Aino) vs Hakuchumu (Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi)

Slightly disappointed in this show, not that it was bad but here were a couple things that didn't meet my expectations. That said, these 2 matches are very good & make me feel like I didn't waste my time.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
HM
13th of Feb
ChocoPro 200 Day 2
Shoko Nakajima vs. Mei Saruga

Two very good wrestlers having a very good match

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: El Desperado vs Master Wato NJPW Golden Series 11.02

Started a bit slow, but once it got going it got going real good.

Nth. Wato has come a tremendously long way.

Also from NJPW Golden Series 2022-02-11:

HM: O-Khan vs. Kojima

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
MOTYC: Santana vs. Speedball Mike Bailey Warrior Wrestling 19 2/12/22

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MOTYC
13th of Feb
ChocoPro 200 Day 2
Minoru Fujita (c) vs. Baliyan Akki for the Super Asia Championship in a Last Man Standing match

No joke the hardest loving match ever done in the Chocolate Square

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Feb 13, 2022

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Warrior Wrestling 19, 2/12

HM: KC Navarro & Brian Cage vs. The Acclaimed
MOTYC: "Speedball" Mike Bailey vs. Santana
HM: Bandido vs. Dante Martin
HM: The Briscoes vs. The Workhorsemen
MOTYC: Athena vs. Thunder Rosa

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Athena vs. Thunder Rosa, Warrior Wrestling 19, 12/02

Athena's back, baby!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: El Desperado vs Master Wato NJPW Golden Series 11.02

Started a bit slow, but once it got going it got going real good.

Nth to this, last 10 minutes were phenominal

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
NOAH Step Forward Night 1 - February 9th
HM

Go Shiozaki vs Masato Tanaka

Perhaps the best of this singles match series. They worked a hard-hitting match, and this could've been MOTYC level if Go sold his knee throughout the match.

NOAH Step Forward Night 2 - February 10th
HM

Go Shiozaki vs Naomichi Marufuji

They had a chop battle and it was rad.

HM
Masakatsu Funaki (c) vs Masaaki Mochizuki for the GHC National Championship

This ruled and was mercifully short by NOAH main event standards. Match did a good job of presenting these old men as credible threats.

NOAH Step Forward Night 3 - February 11th
HM

Go Shiozaki vs Kenoh

This match had the most heat, and Kenoh played his part deliciously well.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Athena vs. Thunder Rosa, Warrior Wrestling 19, 12/02

Athena's back, baby!

nth, what a good match. sign her up tony and put her on tv

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: EVIL (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the NEVER Open weight Championship match - NJPW Golden Series (2/13)

An actual good House of Torture EVIL match is miraculous enough to qualify this, but the match was mostly clean and included some really sick exchanges, and the early shenanigans were more funny than annoying. Especially Marty slapping EVIL across the face.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Kazuchika Okada & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito & SANADA - NJPW New Years Golden Series 2/13

Time flew by in this, and the match was really good and the crowd was audibly gasping at points in spite of their restrictions. Also they could probably hear me screaming as Tanahashi continued to show reckless disregard for his knees.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Pylons posted:

Warrior Wrestling 19, 2/12

MOTYC: "Speedball" Mike Bailey vs. Santana
HM: Bandido vs. Dante Martin
HM: The Briscoes vs. The Workhorsemen
MOTYC: Athena vs. Thunder Rosa

My slightly different nths. Speedball v Santana was amazing, and Athena is back!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
12th February
Gatoh Move ChocoPro #200 Day 1
Asia Dream Tag Team Titles
Best Bros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga) vs Chie Koishikawa & Kaori Yoneyama

Probably a bit longer than it needed to be but Best Bros tag title defences are all at a high standard, Yoneyama rarely disappoints in a big match when she gets one. Obviously Gatoh Move will never be for everyone but this has a lot going for it.

HM
5th February
All Japan Pro Wrestling Excite Series Night 1
Koji Doi vs Shotaro Ashino

A preview match for an upcoming Runaway SUPLEX vs KumaDoi tag title match, the match feels like a really good TV match, it's sub 10 minutes & in that time we get Doi working on Ashino's taped up neck, we get Ashino throwing around Doi with suplexes like you'd expect from the Master of Suplex, clean finish, very nice & compact. Even though there have been better matches in the promotion this year, if I wanted to show someone why AJPW is worth watching in TYOOL 2022 I might show them this because it doesn't waste your time.

HM
5th February
All Japan Pro Wrestling Excite Series Night 1
NEXTREAM (Kento Miyahara, Rising HAYATO & Yuma Aoyagi) vs Total Eclipse (Hokuto Omori, Ryuki Honda & Yusuke Kodama)

Seen a lot of versions of NEXTREAM vs TE and you can really appreciate how guys like Omori & Honda are coming along getting ring time with a guy like Kento, it's very exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Rarity posted:

Nthing these.