Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Chili with beans

Come at me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I tried one of those frozen bagged pastas. Never tried this genre of frozen food before and it's not bad? The kind like frozen sauce cubes inside and stuff. I'll probably try some other flavors

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I cooked an 8oz pack of mushrooms in some teriyaki sauce

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I cooked some frozen chicken tenders, then put kimchi and cheese on top and put them back in the oven to melt the cheese.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
a batch of red beans and rice

forgot to add ginger to it and could do with some proper chilies, local place only had jalapeno and serrano, but came out good

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Fettuccini alfredo with shrimp!

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Lentils and rice with beef, and some coffee.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Schweinshaxe. A 40oz pork knuckle on sauerkraut with spaetzle and gravy. Appetizers were oysters rockefeller, coleslaw, and crouton bread with liver pâté.

What a beast.

Special guest:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Jerk chicken & pork combo with fried plantains and beans n rice. Hot drat.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Schweinshaxe. A 40oz pork knuckle on sauerkraut with spaetzle and gravy. Appetizers were oysters rockefeller, coleslaw, and crouton bread with liver pâté.

I used to live right down the street from a joint that had schweinshaxe. Goddamn awesome. Was my last dinner before I moved away from that apartment.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
This thread is back! :stoked:

Weird wraps. Shrimp quickly marinated and sauteed in lime juice, garlic, chili, brown sugar, and soy sauce with a simple slaw of carrots, cabbage, mayonnaise, tomato paste, lemon juice, fish sauce and agave nectar all atop a sheet of nori wrapped into a tortilla.

Weird but actually tasty as gently caress.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Early dinner. Chicken Parm wraps (left over chicken tendie in soft taco tortilla with mozzarella, Rao's marinara, and lots of Shaky Cheese)

I considered wrapping the tendie in a slice of sandwich pepperoni before heating but decided against it

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oh poo poo.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
https://www.budgetbytes.com/one-pot-creamy-cajun-chicken-pasta/

Think I got this recipe from this thread

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Digging into a Matt Cain sandwich from Ike's.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
X-post from the egg thread:

gleebster posted:

So I was reading a Nero Wolfe story, and he describes cooking scrambled eggs in a double boiler, and saying that it was impossible to make really good scrambled eggs in less than 20 minutes (the character is doctrinaire, yes). So, after a little looking around, I tried something. Melted abt 1 Tbsp of butter per egg in a double boiler, added the beaten eggs to the melted butter and whisked them together. Then, I clapped a lid on and let them sit for 15 minutes. At that time they were just about forming curds, so I started whisking again and added pepper and some dried herbs. Kept going for several minutes, and just before I was done, added salt.

The eggs are light and fluffy and really quite tasty. And very different from simple fried eggs or boiled or poached. If you poo-poo that English dude with the shouty teevee program's eggs, you won't like these. But I think they're pretty good. And yet another way eggs can be made.

EGG.
I also had some pan-fried ham and buttered toast.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

This looks delicious. Adding it to this week’s dinner menu :tipshat:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

i had a large assortments of legumes, nuts, and grains it was v nice

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
falafel with tzatziki. Veggies in balsamic marinade.

It was good.

No pics of food so pic of the bougiest thing we own

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My brain isn't putting together how that works, but it looks rad and I'm jealous

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

My brain isn't putting together how that works
:same:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
It’s just glass jars with magnetic lids stuck to the fridge hth

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Fried stuff

Honestly shoulda had some vegetables to go with tho. Steamed and buttered broccoli would've gone well with this. Or tomatoes.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Nero Wolfe knows whats up with eggs.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

nexous posted:

It’s just glass jars with magnetic lids stuck to the fridge hth

You were just being bashful, you KNEW it helped!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

His Divine Shadow posted:

Fried stuff

Honestly shoulda had some vegetables to go with tho. Steamed and buttered broccoli would've gone well with this. Or tomatoes.

very argentine

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

SilvergunSuperman posted:

You were just being bashful, you KNEW it helped!

Lol I'd have to respect the grift of somebody just saying This helped. at the end of their own post

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had a single rolled up piece of deli ham.

I forgot to eat and then it was too late. I woke up and I'm very hungry.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Last night was some strands of queso Oaxaca and a handful of smokehouse almonds.

...what? I got home late.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Last night I finished off some braised oxtails and spinach. Tonight, I'm thing pizza

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Literally A Person posted:

Last night was some strands of queso Oaxaca and a handful of smokehouse almonds.

...what? I got home late.

Pronounce Oaxaca, I dare you

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Sausages, cheese, tomato, and egg on sourdough.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Smugworth posted:

Pronounce Oaxaca, I dare you

isnt it just wa-ha-ka

am i wrong or are you from a place that doesnt use the alphabet

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

pronounce "know"

i dare u

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Worf posted:

isnt it just wa-ha-ka

am i wrong or are you from a place that doesnt use the alphabet

That’s how I pronounce it

It’s fun to say. I shout it during lovemaking sometimes.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Can you feel that?
Ah, poo poo
Oaxaca
Oaxaca
oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I made a big "party size" thing of Stouffer's enchiladas. I had 4 of them (half the tray) for a total of 1080 calories. Seems like it'd be more. But I only had an english muffin with cream cheese earlier in the day so I was still under my goal.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Made Parmesan crusted chicken and Angel hair pasta with red pepper cream sauce for the fam and we had wine and watched The Godfather.

It was awesome…but also I like drank the whole bottle and my dad had whiskey instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I made pulled pork with my instant pot. Ate it on hotdog buns with yellow mustard and El Yucateco red hot sauce. It came out dry cause I hosed it up because I only ever used the thing one other time years ago.