Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
made it to 30 and it's doing the typical MMO thing where i save the castle then 5 mins later im collecting weevil butts for a local farmer

the dungeons and set pieces are fun as heck but i'm probably never leveling another character through this plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
This game is ridiculous and stupid fun.

I got to level 18 on my Sorc tonight and I left a place where there were spooky undeads and now I'm in some kind of Salt Flat Desert place

and throughout it all my character looks dumb as hell

All in all it owns.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

Wait it’s only 30 people? Lmao

It increases with guild level but yeah pretty much.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

MarcusSA posted:

It increases with guild level but yeah pretty much.

30 characters or 30 accounts?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
In that case gently caress it I’ll just stay on Valtan, I can still do stuff with people on Mari and I have discord anyway, so. Whatever

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

30 characters or 30 accounts?

Characters unfortunately….. yes I know.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

MarcusSA posted:

Characters unfortunately….. yes I know.

That is....... very bad. Holy poo poo is that bad.

All I can say is: :aloom:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Is it possible to get past the wall of Procyon in the sea yet or does that come with a later patch?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Gave the game an earnest try but I think I already strip mined the dopamine reserves from turning in boar butts.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Kaysette posted:

made it to 30 and it's doing the typical MMO thing where i save the castle then 5 mins later im collecting weevil butts for a local farmer

the dungeons and set pieces are fun as heck but i'm probably never leveling another character through this plot

From the sounds of it there's a bunch of ways to level your alts passively and having two free 50's right off the bat should cover off most of your variety needs. Because yeah the msq is like 95% terrible.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Wait I just figured out what's loving me up with the controls

unlike Diablo, there is no contextual clicking for combat

it's always move or attack, and you need to use attack to place AoEs that have to be placed

who in the gently caress makes a diablo-like in 2022 and doesn't have contextual click

the game does neat things but holy hell the bad stuff is :rubby:-level bad

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

You can at least double tap skills to trigger instead of skill -> click.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Should I bother paying attention to the story or just make number go up

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
its a boob buffet over here next to Bard Lunepon with everyone dance emoting

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

SpaceDrake posted:

it's always move or attack, and you need to use attack to place AoEs that have to be placed

who in the gently caress makes a diablo-like in 2022 and doesn't have contextual click

Yeah it’s weird but if you’re auto-attacking something’s probably gone wrong anyways.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
What are the exact requirements for power pass? I hit 50, unlocked and ran a chaos dungeon, and have advanced the vern quest a bit since and still have not received one.

My understanding was the same quest that unlocks chaos dungeon is the requirement.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This is a lot of fun, been playing all night with a friend of mine and once we got past the "this ain't diablo" stage we're having a real good time.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Khorne posted:

What are the exact requirements for power pass? I hit 50, unlocked and ran a chaos dungeon, and have advanced the vern quest a bit since and still have not received one.

My understanding was the same quest that unlocks chaos dungeon is the requirement.

Same quest line, but you need to finish the island story

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
It appears that my Founder's Pack is MIA. Apparently others are having the same issue.

Is there any support feature for this game beyond the official forums?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
is there any way I can give my muscle man the knock kneed big titty lady walk

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Queue of 3750. Wooooooof.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

after 3 hours of play everything I know about the lore of this game is summed up by the title

there is an ark
people lookin for the ark
gotta find that ark

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Indecisive posted:

after 3 hours of play everything I know about the lore of this game is summed up by the title

there is an ark
gotta find that ark

just wait there's a big twist coming

there are actually 7 arks

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Annath posted:

It appears that my Founder's Pack is MIA. Apparently others are having the same issue.

I am still missing mine too. Roxx (community manager) said that its delayed in being delivered.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

SpaceDrake posted:

You want your move click to always move you. In harder content with limited resurrections you don't want pointless extra deaths because there was an add under your cursor and you autoattacked instead of running out of the red zone.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Indecisive posted:

there is an ark
gotta find that ark

I've been telling people in area chat that the lore is a ripoff of Indiana Jones what with the ark and the desert nazis and it gets them pretty riled up

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
God I love dumb MMO cutscenes.

Why yes I'll sit with my thumb up my rear end watching a DBZ beam struggle right in front of me rather than just using my 300 lb rifle to shoot the prick.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

NeurosisHead posted:

Should I bother paying attention to the story or just make number go up

Download the Korean VO. It's under DLC in steam.
Select that, and pay no attention to it

Even if you like game stories, it's just like some lines being read, with gently caress all life to it

Maybe give it a try in case you dig it

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Feb 12, 2022

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

deep dish peat moss posted:

I've been telling people in area chat that the lore is a ripoff of Indiana Jones what with the ark and the desert nazis and it gets them pretty riled up

lmao

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Adolf Glitter posted:

Download the Korean VO. It's under DLC in steam.
Select that, and pay no attention to it

Even if you like game stories, it's just like some lines being read, with gently caress all life to it

Maybe give it a try in case you dig it

It's not even being read badly per se, it's just boring. Like I'm all for terrible wuxia dubs but this doesn't even capture that energy.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Annath posted:

Yea I saved mine in case I wanted to play on a different server with friends and it's gone now lol

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Really wish I could move the UI around so that my UI layout mirrored my pad, is that not an option?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
I wasn't really looking for a new MMO but with all the hype, figured I'd give this a try. Got to the first unskippable cutscene, uninstalled.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Chaos dungeons are pretty mindless fun, like greater rifts but you barely even need to move, 100 monsters just spawn on you ever 5 seconds.

Guardians feel like they take forever, but maybe everyone is just bad. I know I am. Are chaos shards easy enough to get I should be using awakening on cooldown?

I know I should use my counter when the bear flashes blue, but I swear it never works, even if I'm kind of in front-ish of it. Does it only work directly from the front? Standing there waiting to counter seems like a bad idea when 80% of the time he'll just be stomping on my face instead.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

The controller combat experience is good and the AoE auto-aim almost always goes where I wanted it immediately. No problems even in dungeons.

The general interface stuff is sheer lunacy though. Like advance text, confirm dialogue choice, equip item, and interact with object are all different binds by default I think. I had to use Steam config to bind like 4 different keys to one controller button like it should be. Having to drag the cursor with emulated mouse in all instances instead of cycling through menu options with the D-pad like FFXIV or ESO is kind of unfortunate too. Generally when games have this low level of partial controller support it never gets any better.

strange feelings re Daisy fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 12, 2022

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

One in the Bum posted:

I wasn't really looking for a new MMO but with all the hype, figured I'd give this a try. Got to the first unskippable cutscene, uninstalled.

There are thankfully very few unskippable cutscenes but yeah between the terrible leveling, unskippable cutscenes, combat already feeling repetitive in the 20s, boring challengeless dungeons with HP spongey bosses and the increasingly apparent enormous gear treadmill that comprises endgame despite having some of the world's most uninteresting gear I'm really second guessing dedicating 70gigs of my ssd to this game. I watched some videos of end-game from the Korean server and I don't see what makes the raids or anything any different from other MMOs/ARPG boss fights :effort:

Steam says I've played 6.8 hours and I'm willing to guess at least 5 and a half of those hours, if not more, were just mashing G to skip through dialog.

I alt-F4'd when I started going through the Welcome Quests and Rapport Quests and all the sub-quest stuff and realizing this game is layer upon layer upon dozens of layers of inane pointless grindy systems and haven't been able to start it up again. Collecting rare cards and building a deck for minor stat bonuses, building up friendships with NPCs and learning what emotes they like for minor stat bonuses, the absolutely absurd crafting/upgrading system, the adventurer's journal with dozens and dozens of collectables in every zone... for minor stat bonuses, several different currencies, etc. , grinding the same non-proc-gen levels ad nauseum every day/week for crafting materials, all to increase boring "strength" and "vitality" stats so I can do the same grinding faster tomorrow. Constantly having 17 different notifications on your screen about different rewards you can claim from the game's 80 different reward systems except they're all useless tiny trickles of potions or resources. It sounds like BDO on crack.

I don't know how much of that is the game's fault and how much is just me being incredibly bored of this formula of MMO where it feels like a core concept was developed (fairly fun combat? It got dull quick imo but that could just be Soulfist being a dull class) and then got thinly stretched over a mobile game monetization/addiction scheme.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 12, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

One in the Bum posted:

Same. It was worse that the game explicitly tells me that skipping this stuff is allowed on a second play through. Why can't I skip it now I want killing :argh:

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
So, the whole "get another copy of the founders pack if you create a character on a different server," how does that work? Because I did and haven't seen anything yet. Is it a future thing or do i have to claim it some other way?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

deep dish peat moss posted:

:swoon:

E: I just spammed about how everyone needed to get a vaccine before they entered plaguetown, but now I realize that I was working with derivative and hackneyed poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

joepinetree posted:

So, the whole "get another copy of the founders pack if you create a character on a different server," how does that work? Because I did and haven't seen anything yet. Is it a future thing or do i have to claim it some other way?

Yeah I definitely want to figure out how this works too. My friends are split on different servers so depending on where they end up I don't want to lose my bonuses.