Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Bruceski posted:

They were a monk who got red chains, being so far in that they got hit by purple. I think they were trying to run out to their spot at the last second without realizing it starts firing off three seconds in, but they did it three times in a row.

Edit: on that note, chains are totally random, right? As a Bard I only ever got red (if anything) both on the first chains and quad. Small sample size, but it gets me curious.

They're totally random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

RME posted:

imagine having markers in the right place, i cant personally

must be nice

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Vitamean posted:

here are some rare raid callouts you can #collect

wacky stacky
give daddy a kiss
updog
e10
personal responsibility

feel free to add your own
One of the ones my old static used for E6S was "If you can't see it, it will kill you" Ferostorm, which had the real thin markers that wouldn't show up on your screen if they were pointed right at you

For E8S, our call for the right time to run through the boss for Akh Rhai was "jazz" because someone pointed out that she flares her hands out when the dragon head appears, so someone said she was doing jazz hands

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
You don't have to lose uptime at all as melee on red chains. Standing at max melee range on the boss is sufficient. I don't recall ever having to stop DPSing I just stand in the corner of the marker we have there. His hitbox is huge.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I still cannot understand the people who hear Alphinaud’s HW on voice and don’t immediately think it’s an improvement. In general the only voice from the old cast I miss is Merlwyb’s.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

if you can come up with a succinct name for "repeatedly dropping aoes at your feet" I'll replace panto with it in my lexicon

I call them puddles personally.

cheetah7071 posted:

by the time you finish saying "undodgeable cone aoes aimed at players" everyone's already died to the protean

Sabre dance :v:

cheetah7071 posted:

my callouts for curtain call are something like

go opposite, check your timers
step
step
check your timers
keep checking your timers
step
step
check your timers again
almost done, check your timers
good job

I like to say "out of the pizza... into the pizza..." for the steps.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

hopeandjoy posted:

I still cannot understand the people who hear Alphinaud’s HW on voice and don’t immediately think it’s an improvement. In general the only voice from the old cast I miss is Merlwyb’s.
Anecdotally I've heard numerous people wondering aloud who the "Tiny Tim wannabe" is and what happened to the real Alphinaud when they reach the expansion rollover.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Melrwyb is the only new voice I didn't think was an improvement. They do tone down her bar wenchness eventually.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i think reaper is the most fun and satisfying job i've ever played

especially after 80, omfg enshroud is wonderful

also wonderful: the 81 dungeon. i thought that painting looked familiar

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Reaper is just exceptionally well designed. I don't even like melee DPS and it made me like playing melee DPS. (To the point the only jobs I have left to level are melee DPS because any time I play them I just wish I was playing Reaper.)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/AustinPowersXIV/status/1492275104583061504/

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The one unfortunate thing about coming into a game this late is that I'm missing, like, nine years of memes and in-jokes

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

YggiDee posted:

The one unfortunate thing about coming into a game this late is that I'm missing, like, nine years of memes and in-jokes

Are you playing DRG or RDM as your primary job?

No you're not.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

YggiDee posted:

just call every boss [thing]mom/dad and you'll rake in the golden manbabies soon enough

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I think Thancred's ARR voice is better as well. The new guy just sounds kind of weak and boring.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

CJ posted:

I think Thancred's ARR voice is better as well. The new guy just sounds kind of weak and boring.

This ... isn't Thancred?!?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I’ve got a bit of a new pet peeve. People who refuse to roll on loot until the dungeon is finished. I’ve been levelling up alt jobs, and so I’m grabbing gear when it drops in levelling dungeons. What is making me angry is when a piece I can use drops and someone just never rolls for anything and then when the dungeon finishes I get the piece of gear that dropped as a guaranteed drop and so I only get the one item.

Roll for loot. I don’t care it slows down a dungeon by 5 seconds. Stop for a moment and just hit pass a bunch of times.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Do you like agriculture? I know Heavensward does!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Countblanc posted:

just call every boss [thing]mom/dad and you'll rake in the golden manbabies soon enough

e11s is commonly referred to as daddaddad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/umadori0726/status/1492338670480748544?s=20&t=1AApO-7Gl_xMd1-Q083kHw

New glam announced at Korean Fanfest.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
another glam, like the peacock robes, ruined by a big ol' decal on the back.

Seriously, SE, give me a peacock-less version already.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

YggiDee posted:

That’s actually a reference to the 1997 film Austin Powers

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Leraika posted:

another glam, like the peacock robes, ruined by a big ol' decal on the back.

Seriously, SE, give me a peacock-less version already.

I am sorry are you saying it is ruined by the Gangster Moogle on the back?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

What was the turnaround on the jacket releasing in Korea to being a mogtome reward for the rest of us?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What was the turnaround on the jacket releasing in Korea to being a mogtome reward for the rest of us?

It's going to be a Mogstation if it follows the trend of other stuff.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh, ok. I thought the korea exclusive glam stuff stayed there except for the jacket, I guess I was misinformed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Oh, ok. I thought the korea exclusive glam stuff stayed there except for the jacket, I guess I was misinformed.

I believe most of the Far East stuff on the Mogstation began specifically as exclusive glams but someone may correct me.

MAP20 Gotcha!
Feb 11, 2022

You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar But I Feel Like One Million Robux

ImpAtom posted:

It's going to be a Mogstation if it follows the trend of other stuff.

If they don't do that then what I'm hoping is that they'll either bring it back on another tomestones event (I think they brought back those other exclusive accessories maybe once).
Or- my friend suggested this- reskin it for future tomestones since jackets like that come in all sorts of different colors and have different designs on the back.
As soon as she said this I got to thinking I really one want with Byakko on the back instead of Ifrit

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o05ZxbN2pM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88dk9Dswg-0

KR dub EW trailers if anyone was curious.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I know the school uniform glamours were exclusive to Korea for a time before being made available everywhere.

I think that might've been like a month or so before the exclusivity ended.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raised By Birds posted:

I know the school uniform glamours were exclusive to Korea for a time before being made available everywhere.

I think that might've been like a month or so before the exclusivity ended.

Yeah that is one I specifically remember because of the whole "Hey could you maybe not warcrime glam, thanks" stuff.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

oh no i loving hate korean tataru

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah that is one I specifically remember because of the whole "Hey could you maybe not warcrime glam, thanks" stuff.

What?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

There was a glam of a Taisho(?) era school uniform that was released that was protested in Korea because while in Japan it's a perfectly normal historical school uniform in Korea it's a representation of the horrific cultural suppression of Korea by Imperial Japan.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

There was a glam of a Taisho(?) era school uniform that was released that was protested in Korea because while in Japan it's a perfectly normal historical school uniform in Korea it's a representation of the horrific cultural suppression of Korea by Imperial Japan.

Ah, right, yeah, that makes sense.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The specific era of school uniform aesthetic they went for came from a time when Japan had invaded and forcibly culturally assimilated Korea. That uniform, then, became a symbol of that imperialism. A lot of people who don't know about the history just saw a cool old school uniform, but that outfit, if nothing else, probably shouldn't have been released in Korea.

(Apologies if any of this is wrong, I'm recounting poo poo I remember second-hand)

e: beaten

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
After searching for "taisho school uniform", I guess they've actually done two different school uniform glams.

being the "far eastern schoolboy/girl" glams, but I was thinking of

the "collegiate attire" sets.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The casual glam just shown off will be non-genderlocked and the coffer comes with both styles of top.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
I've been lagging like crazy all of a sudden. It's been happening all week. The game is near unplayable. Any advice? It hasn't happened before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Back in Exdeath I was doing callouts one night and was super tired so forgot the name of Double Attack & said "uhhhh big man" instead.

It was a fun game after that to determine which move was "big man" in every new tier for a bit.