Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/EvanLSolomon/status/1492310037464715265

So loving embarrassing, and this after Dougie’s finger wag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Alt-Right conservatives, a protected class.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

InfiniteZero posted:

Bad Religion is best when live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5e2zs2Gmio&t=33s

Greg Graffin's political punk stage style is "gesticulating lawyer presents closing statements".

" WE CAN'T BE MOVED BY RATIONAL VIEWS! WELCOME TO THE NEW DARK AGES!"

I saw them live at Phoenix a few years back and it was like being educated in punk and I loved it.

Best part was a guy I dubbed Grandpa Punk, must have been in his 50s, black jeans and T-shirt. They started playing a banger and these kids bullrushed from the bar in the back to the pit, knocking people's drinks out and shoving people. Grandpa grabbed one of them by the shirt and just yelled WE DON'T DO THAT, DO BETTER before letting him go.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
I should probably still be angry but all my friends who were talking about ‘maybe the cops have a good reason to negotiate and give them a logistics base’ are finally all on board the gently caress THE OPS hate train and I get to tell them all I told you so last week so my smugness is helping mellow me a bit

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
lmao what the gently caress

The last thing I expected from a disorganized rabble of chuds, making GBS threads in the streets and robbing homeless shelters, was for someone to put together a concert stage with lighting and a sound system, then lining up porta potties like it was loving woodstock.

What the gently caress is happening in Ottawa anymore

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What an embarrassment to the world we are right now.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

lmao what the gently caress

The last thing I expected from a disorganized rabble of chuds, making GBS threads in the streets and robbing homeless shelters, was for someone to put together a concert stage with lighting and a sound system, then lining up porta potties like it was loving woodstock.

What the gently caress is happening in Ottawa anymore

This is why I think these assholes are mostly astroturfed American chuds: just open blatant contempt for your government and rule of law

I'm sure Canadians chuds are dickwads but this screams Trump Rally/ Charlottesville crowd to me.

What is the new reason the police haven't acted?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 12, 2022

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Aw, you think we get reasons!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

What an embarrassment to the world we are right now.

It’s worse than that.

A lot of the convoyers in New Zealand were carrying Canadian flags. It’s becoming a chud symbol of powerful truckers overthrowing a lib government.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Generation Internet fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 13, 2022

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Powershift posted:

It’s worse than that.

A lot of the convoyers in New Zealand were carrying Canadian flags. It’s becoming a chud symbol of powerful truckers overthrowing a lib government.

the Canadian flag is a hate symbol now

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Isn't this Triumph of the Swill like deeply unpopular right now in Canada?

I'm honestly amazed your government that has vast support to do something about this is just paralyzed by a couple racist morons.

...is it really because they're white and probably old? My god have FYGM boomers infected every liberal democracy with entropy?

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

the Canadian flag is a hate symbol now

I think it's going to be a PTSD trigger for a lot of people.

Canada Day this year is probably going to be the worst ever. A large proportion of the population of downtown Ottawa having trauma responses to loud noises and Canadian flags.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
All revolutions are dumb. Canadian revolution has portapotties.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

TulliusCicero posted:

I'm honestly amazed your government that has vast support to do something about this is just paralyzed by a couple racist morons.

...is it really because they're white and probably old? My god have FYGM boomers infected every liberal democracy with entropy?

In recent polls 2/3rds of the country opposed them, either strongly or somewhat, 1/3rd supported.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
I am really surprised people haven't just started to rain down bricks and cinder blocks onto the trucks below from high roof tops. The amount of tolerance towards these idiots has been astounding.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

My guess would be they are politically locked, from not hearing the end of it from the Conservatives if they do something about it (and creating either sound bytes or attack ads)*, to getting yelled at for not doing anything about it. But ultimately because if they sprung super early the cons were going to beat their chests over THEIR VOTERS not being heard.

Because the mandate lifting in conservative provinces and lack of political will there is mostly because it's some core voter base they don't want to lose.

*This was going to happen anyway.

The Dark Project posted:

I am really surprised people haven't just started to rain down bricks and cinder blocks onto the trucks below from high roof tops. The amount of tolerance towards these idiots has been astounding.

See, now those people would face repercussions.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Servetus posted:

Canada Day this year is probably going to be the worst ever. A large proportion of the population of downtown Ottawa having trauma responses to loud noises and Canadian flags.

Honestly, I'd rather be waving an indigenous one at this point anyway.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

The Dark Project posted:

The idiots are hiding behind their kids.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

People who haven't slept properly for 5 days in a row are known for not making rational decisions.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

The Dark Project posted:

People who haven't slept properly for 5 days in a row are known for not making rational decisions.

Lol. It's been two weeks

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

They still honking at night? I thought they quit doing that after people started to become visibly psychotic and it was hurting their cause. In which case, I am really suprised it hasn't happened. Or something even more retaliatory.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Well, there's an injunction, but there's a few posters with boots on the ground who can confirm.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Speaking as a homegrown son of the city, Ottawa is a very isolating place a lot of the time. People go to work, go home, keep on the wheel, and hang out with a usual friend group or clique a few times a week maybe. We have a middling population but we are generally very spread out and commute a lot. I think most people are just too focused on keeping their jobs going to want to try and preempt the cops and the federal government who we assume should be dealing with this, and there’s been some relief as the chuds get pushed out of the denser areas, even if they haven’t left the city. Especially since generally most people here are probably higher than average income? Just from the cost of living in the area. Picking a fight and potentially crippling a chud would be a hard sell if you are careerist at all or have a house you need to make payments on.

There is a breaking point though. Anger is building up

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

The occupiers don't have any skin in the game: no job to lose, no property worth taking, no fear of prosecution and more numerous, more violent bystanders to help them. Nobody is going to bet their own wealth to join a game these morons got into for free.

All we can do is shriek at an impotent government and hope we're heard over the sound of the party they're currently attending.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

The Dark Project posted:

have you seen the price of bricks and cinder blocks! the proletariat is too poor to afford even the most basic means of revolution.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

flakeloaf posted:

The occupiers don't have any skin in the game: no job to lose, no property worth taking, no fear of prosecution and more numerous, more violent bystanders to help them. Nobody is going to bet their own wealth to join a game these morons got into for free.
Those trucks are expensive as gently caress and the fuckers would panic the moment a cinder block from the 10th floor causes major damage.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Servetus posted:

Seeing so many flags when I went to the counter protest and now I have a natural shudder every time I see a Canadian flag. Just a few days earlier I was wearing a sports jersey with a Canadian flag on it in support of the Canadian soccer team and it makes me sad.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
My local mask mandates were just cancelled the other day.

I went for a walk around a mall this evening and like 5% were voluntarily choosing to wear a mask now that it's not required. A week ago it would have been 95%.
Really makes you wonder about all the misinformation floating around and who the real vocal minorities are.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Wow sounds pretty scientific!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

TulliusCicero posted:

This is why I think these assholes are mostly astroturfed American chuds: just open blatant contempt for your government and rule of law

I'm sure Canadians chuds are dickwads but this screams Trump Rally/ Charlottesville crowd to me.

What is the new reason the police haven't acted?
That said dickwads have yet to kill anybody, from what you're implying?

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Methanar posted:

My local mask mandates were just cancelled the other day.

I went for a walk around a mall this evening and like 5% were voluntarily choosing to wear a mask now that it's not required. A week ago it would have been 95%.
Really makes you wonder about all the misinformation floating around and who the real vocal minorities are.

Looking forward to getting stares / comments for wearing a mask again, when "it should be your freedom to choose" turns into "get that diaper off your face" the second that mandates are dropped.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Cops are clearing the ambassador bridge right now

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/Dystopian_Hell/status/1492502518936616966?s=20&t=ib_Cbe_YHram09EINbvXMw

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Grouchio posted:

That said dickwads have yet to kill anybody, from what you're implying?

Weren't there people harassing women and minorities in Ottowa, and an attempted arson?

Seems pretty violent to me

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

the honkies are now playing gently caress The Police which is hilarious

Development
Jun 2, 2016

lol the final countdown, jesus

https://twitter.com/consumersos/status/1492524310195539974?s=21

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

The cops in Paris are tossing out tear gas and are in full blown riot gear (which is not unique there)

The people in Windsor have no idea what riot management actually looks like

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

The Dark Project posted:

Please, you would get arrested in a matter of hours. Have you seen the response when that lady threw a chair onto the Gardiner from her condo deck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

"We're going to fight for our rights!"

*slightest hint of possible police action*

"We'll be good, we're leaving!"