Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I'm quite enjoying it so far. The combat feels like those older console Marvel games and City of Heroes mashed together, so it feels real good and fun chaining everything with lots of quick hits. I really enjoyed the quick dungeon grouping so it's not a chore to get poo poo done. Graphics are fine, it's very responsive. I'm diggin' it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Sick of spamming the G button?
Use the mouse click instead!

I have rsi, so it's still G for me

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Ok, that castle siege was actually really epic

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

gandlethorpe posted:

Ok, that castle siege was actually really epic

Totally agree, and I'm pretty cynical and jaded.
Pretty much straight after it you are back to running errands for a farmer though. Bring on the next big cool thing please

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wait, can you play with people on other servers?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I suspect I might just have to wait until a few of the other jobs become available - Artists and Summoner, in particular, seem like they'd scratch my particular itch harder. Or maybe if they actually join 2022 and make a female Artillerist, or make jobs non-gender-locked broadly.

There's definitely something fun here, and it's not low-effort, and even the bevy of side systems don't bother me as much (though I suspect some of this is the game showing two years of really tortured, rebooted development in live service) but it's not really gelling for me just yet. Happy for folks that are, though!

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead
Is there any way to turn off the stupid loving lovely electric guitar riff I keep hearing? :barf:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The new fun thing to say in area chat is:

The name of this game makes no ******* sense, how is it the Last Ark if there are like 7 arks?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Do you get more adventurer journal completion for running a dungeon in both normal and hard mode? If so, can you just run Hard mode to begin with or do you absolutely need to do both? Up until the second zone I was fine running each dungeon twice because they were really quick but the Moira dungeon or whatever was actually pretty long and if that's going to be the standard going forward I'd like to know the details.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Wait, can you play with people on other servers?

this is the list that i've seen passed around of stuff you can do with friends based on region/server

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

"ivE pLayeD eVErY PVPmmO siNce ULTiMA onLINe"

and I've never once played a 'core' class like a Warrior or Mage unless it was ultra meta but I'm having a ton of fun playing a Berzerker. This is usually the time I start second guessing my class choice but instead I'm poopsocking not to get to end game but to get the next neat skill that makes the screen go boom

Don't really see any others though

edit: I cannot find a hotkey setup that feels right. Point and click freeing up WASD is overwhelming.

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 12, 2022

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

Do you get more adventurer journal completion for running a dungeon in both normal and hard mode? If so, can you just run Hard mode to begin with or do you absolutely need to do both? Up until the second zone I was fine running each dungeon twice because they were really quick but the Moira dungeon or whatever was actually pretty long and if that's going to be the standard going forward I'd like to know the details.

No, running it Normal solo or Hard grouped makes zero difference aside from the additional three purples (4 man hard)

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Gunslinger looked cool but not too impressed with how dumb my character looks. All the female skins looking like dolls shouldn't be a shock, its an Asian MMO but its still disappointing.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Mega Comrade posted:

Gunslinger looked cool but not too impressed with how dumb my character looks. All the female skins looking like dolls shouldn't be a shock, its an Asian MMO but its still disappointing.

Deadeye is the hot dude version. Same mechanic but slightly different skills.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Forcing a gender into each class is a lot more offputting than I thought so I'm actually learning quite a bit about myself

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I played DFO so this is completely normal to me, personally.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

The Twitch drop paper mask has increased my enjoyment of the game ten fold.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Infinity Gaia posted:

If you have to to the dungeon for a quest, running in hard mode doesn't even count. I did the first one on hard and then had to rerun it on normal to actually complete the quest requirements.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Is there not a way to see shared quests in the party?

Whats the different between friends and roster friends?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

I played DFO so this is completely normal to me, personally.

Yeah, its pretty common in korean games. And hell, if it means we get more classes then stick with it.

Id rather F.Berserker be mechanically different to the male counter part just like F.gunner and M.Fighter are. Gives us more reason to play them

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

If you have to to the dungeon for a quest, running in hard mode doesn't even count. I did the first one on hard and then had to rerun it on normal to actually complete the quest requirements.

This is not true.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Unhappy Meal posted:

The Twitch drop paper mask has increased my enjoyment of the game ten fold.

Is it still possible to get this hat? I have turned around 100% on my thoughts about waiting and seeing because of it

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah, its pretty common in korean games. And hell, if it means we get more classes then stick with it.

Id rather F.Berserker be mechanically different to the male counter part just like F.gunner and M.Fighter are. Gives us more reason to play them

Nah, mechanical differences of classes based on gender is poo poo, especially if one gender's moveset ends up being mathematically better than the other. It should purely be a cosmetic choice.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
Roughly for how long were the servers open, until they got closed again? Rough timing for Europeans.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

This game is.... alright? I guess? The story is aggressively boring but I suppose the gameplay is sort of fun. I might stick with this for a while longer

There sure are a LOT of features in this game, waiting to unlock, like the card system... and I can foresee the game drowning me in currencies, tokens, collectibles and progression tracks for all kinds of different stuff. Which I guess is fine since this is F2P and I paid nothing (nor would I ever want to).

deep dish peat moss posted:

Steam says I've played 6.8 hours and I'm willing to guess at least 5 and a half of those hours, if not more, were just mashing G to skip through dialog.
Yuuuup!

Zokari posted:

This is not true.
Yeah, I did the first dungeon in Loghill on hard and it counted for the main quest on my end.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
Oh, by the way, there's a cool new thread for posting your customized character in any game:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3992626

Lost Ark character designs are fun to see.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

QuantaStarFire posted:

Nah, mechanical differences of classes based on gender is poo poo, especially if one gender's moveset ends up being mathematically better than the other. It should purely be a cosmetic choice.

Im talking about classes being mechanically different enough that math numbers dont matter, if you stick to one of the versions is because you like how they play better not because the math is a bit different.

Like in DNF the difference between f.mage and m.mage are insane, each advance class is different from the other. Same with m.priest and f.priest. Samething happens with BDO.

It sucks if you are more into the aesthetics of things but from mechanical gameplay standpoint I would rather development cycles be spent making new classes and keeping them balanced than making sure every class gets another model of the opposite gender.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
:siren:

All servers are available for sign-ups again, get it while it lasts!

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

After hitting 29 with paladin its "meh" and I might just run sorc. Is all currency shared across a server between characters?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
My first character had no problem skipping cutscenes, now that I've rolled a new character on Una, I can't skip anything. What the hell.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Looks like it, yeah

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is anyone playing Sharpshooter?

Because I sorta agree I'm finding Paladin a little "meh" to play solo and maybe leveling a pure DPS first and just boosting Paladin will be better. I could go Sorceress like everyone else, she does look really fun to play, but I really like the aesthetic of Sharpshooter so I'm curious about it. It's the only gunner class I'm interested in really.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Got the paper hat, but the next item, a pet, got to 3% of 4 hours watched, but it's not advancing beyond that. Any ideas?

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Philthy posted:

Got the paper hat, but the next item, a pet, got to 3% of 4 hours watched, but it's not advancing beyond that. Any ideas?

It stops accuring if you've muted the stream (not the tab) or have been inactive from the tab for a significant amount of time.

You'll notice the presents pop up giving you more and more channel points the less you participate but more you watch idk

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Naw

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Any way to guarantee you'll be in the same Channel as your party members or do you always have to manually change in each zone?

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I’m not even 50 yet but gently caress this engraving system. I just wanna be enraged all the time but I can’t click these blue books because I already clicked some green books? or something? This is so frustrating.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

explosivo posted:

Any way to guarantee you'll be in the same Channel as your party members or do you always have to manually change in each zone?

Nope. Not that we could figure out at least.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Hefty posted:

I’m not even 50 yet but gently caress this engraving system. I just wanna be enraged all the time but I can’t click these blue books because I already clicked some green books? or something? This is so frustrating.

I think you have to click 20 green books first, so just save the blue ones for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008
1,047,127 people is playing Lost Ark right now.....mindblowingggggg. :captainpop: