Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
wtf is wrong with fraser forster lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Peak defending

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Pooshited

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I hope someone brutally murders or maims Harry Maguire so that he can never play football or have an enjoyable life ever again.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

I hope someone brutally murders or maims Harry Maguire so that he can never play football or have an enjoyable life ever again.

I hope the opposite OP and that he plays in Pooshiteds defense for the rest of his career

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

I hope the opposite OP and that he plays in Pooshiteds defense for the rest of his career

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

I hope you get reincarnated as Zouma's cat.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

:qq:

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Shrapnig posted:

pooshited

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
i did not have Seamus Coleman Diving Header on my bingo card this morning

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shrapnig posted:

Shrapnig posted:

Nice meltdown

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

pik_d posted:

Nice meltdown

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Shrapnig posted:

imagine getting so worked up about sports that you wish death or career ending injury on another human being

might be time to take a break

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
Honestly I want to like rashford despite him being a utd player because of his work off the pitch and I remember rating him in his break out season but gently caress me, he’s actually painful to watch. Can’t pass other than to a yard behind the player, can’t make runs despite being the fastest player on the pitch, never in a good position. Yikes Marcus

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
i want to like the guy who is feeding hungry children but he doesn't play football well enough so i can't

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

I want hungry children to get fed and united to be poo poo, so Marcus Rashford is cool and good imo

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

nawilo_420 posted:

i want to like the guy who is feeding hungry children but he doesn't play football well enough so i can't

I meant I want to like his football but you probably knew that already troll

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Strawman posted:

I want hungry children to get fed and united to be poo poo, so Marcus Rashford is cool and good imo

tip top lad

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Strawman posted:

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Hasn't Rashford been playing through injury issues for Man-U for much of the past 2 years? I remember stories like this used to circulate around:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-united/story/4360439/rashfords-two-year-battle-through-pain-at-man-united

Maybe that all should have cleared up by now, but I get the impression that between the lackluster management at the club, his own injuries, and the shortcomings of his teammates, Rashford's not going to look like a worldbeater.

He should leave.

Strawman posted:

:yeshaha:

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://twitter.com/AlkoJuice/status/1491161055619596288?s=20&t=kTRjw5KHZBvJImxuN_P-Xw

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

lmao

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
https://streamgg.com/v/6207c1f188b5a

he is indeed, really poo poo

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
can someone please explain harry maguire to me because i don't understand how he is even a professional footballer. just how many people does this guy have dirt on. or is he banging the queen or something

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Shrapnig posted:

Shrapnig posted:

pik_d posted:

Nice meltdown

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Parity warning posted:

can someone please explain harry maguire to me because i don't understand how he is even a professional footballer. just how many people does this guy have dirt on. or is he banging the queen or something

He's competent enough at international level and scores a header every other season. In a team that stays compact, with a sweeper keeper and little space behind the defence or between defence and midfield he can Get His Head On Things and Run Forward A Bit with the ball. Turns out when he has more than a 1 metre square of space to have to worry about he's incredibly limited and pray he never has to turn toward his own goal for anything other than to give a good lad nod to his keeper.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

He's competent enough at international level and scores a header every other season. In a team that stays compact, with a sweeper keeper and little space behind the defence or between defence and midfield he can Get His Head On Things and Run Forward A Bit with the ball. Turns out when he has more than a 1 metre square of space to have to worry about he's incredibly limited and pray he never has to turn toward his own goal for anything other than to give a good lad nod to his keeper.

Honestly I think people just get hypnotised by the sheer scale of his bonce, like he goes in to negotiate a contract and while the manager and chairman are staring, transfixed, at it his agent sneaks another couple of zeroes on and they sign it without looking because they're trying to work out how he ever gets through doorways.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Ralph Rangnick calls him in to tell him he's dropped, loses his train of thought because Bruno Fernandes has just risen over his left ear, having become captured by the gravity of the Jovian mass of Maguire's skull.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

There's also a huge issue with Maguire being dogshit at marshalling a defense. Which I guess Varane was brought in to do/help with i guess but it seems that Maguire only shouts at his defense after something has happened as opposed to before/during, which, being a retroactive cb seems like a disaster waiting to happen

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
looks like a nice day for a warm scram and mash sandwich in sunny burnley

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
It's always fun when the commentary describes a goal as "shambolic." Thanks for not clearing, Spurs.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Not sure about this Tottenham football team

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
gonna be super pissed when liverpool let wout loving weghorst score a puksas level golazo

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Spurs are absolute poo poo. Lucky to get top half at this point never mind top 4.

Glad the board decided to buy 2 players in the positions we are strongest in instead of players we actually need because getting a good deal is moelre important

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Parity warning posted:

he's the most expensive defender in the history of football OP

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm not much of a lipreader but even I could understand the ref shouting "I'm gonna book him, what else do you want me to do?" at a Burnley player whinging about Joelinton doing one of the longest fouls I've ever seen.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'm not much of a lipreader but even I could understand the ref shouting "I'm gonna book him, what else do you want me to do?" at a Burnley player whinging about Joelinton doing one of the longest fouls I've ever seen.
Burnley players shouldn't be on the pitch in the first place.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

been a more uncomfortable half than I would have wanted or expected so nice for Fabinho to get that goal before halftime

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

tetsuo posted:

Burnley players shouldn't be on the pitch in the first place.

Lol yeah I think hearing Chris Wood mentioned in commentary as I was posting short-circuited my brain.

(It was of course a player from Aston Villa, a poo poo team in a completely different way from Burnley, and I apologise for any distress caused)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
https://twitter.com/richjolly/status/1492872773785600000?s=21