Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Every so often I think about that moment in Batman vs. Superman where Batman, his heart heavy but knowing he has no choice, chooses to murder a thug to save Superman's mother. It was the only choice dammit, this is a pivotal moment in Batman's life, he MUST make the lamentable decision to take another life, his hand has been forced!

There's a 10 minute fight scene preceding this moment where he just casually murders every other thug in the room, in a movie where he was just workmanlike blowing up cars with people inside of them and showing not the slightest hesitation in killing anybody who got in his way of.... stealing an alien mineral so he could murder Superman.

In case my own incredibly subtle touch is too light, you should know I'm not a particular fan of the Synder movies.....

:hellyeah: Economos has been killing it (and Nazis!)

This is such a weird take. Like, that scene was a play on a sequence from Dark Knight Returns and Batman specifically didn't kill that guy, he killed himself. I'm starting to think I jumped into a different universe where everyone saw entirely different movies than I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
I still can't believe how good this show is compared to Boba Fett. The contrast of watching them side-by-side is just wild. Like they really tried pulling out every bit of fanfare for that Boba Fett finale and it was still probably less enjoyable than this 2nd to last episode.

Peacemaker fighting his dad and saying how "You're right, I am a piece of poo poo!" while holding back tears and then the Eagle-y scene almost made me cry ffs

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The internet tells me Judimaster is 5'6" and there's just no way.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah it sucks and takes away from leto's Joker having a very sinister and flamboyant personality. He has a very '82 to "Killing Joke" joker.

I highly dislike killing joke Joker but it would of been better than hip hop video Joker we got.

I cannot remember a single Jokery thing he does in the movie. He's just another gangster that shoots people. Ooh his gang wears mascot costumes while they do it, so loving what.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

I think Gunn should've maybe given more time after Auggie was killed, but then he didn't deserve to be mourned.

I don't think that moment was to mourn Augie, Chris is mourning the life Augie stole from him.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I was surprised, but also happy, that the nazis got hosed up like immediately. I was a little worried they would stick around forever as this sort of B-side villain. Economos always getting the drop on people.

Yeah at first I thought they should've posed more of a threat but then I thought gently caress em, I'm glad they're being portrayed as fools.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

I don't think that moment was to mourn Augie, Chris is mourning the life Augie stole from him.

Exactly. Fucker made his son's bare knuckle box for money and when one of them died he blamed the survivor? gently caress that guy hard, with a 9mm to the brain.

Also I'm going to have a hard time accepting they can hit us with a twist to make the butterflys actually good.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

There are people, that need to do rails of Joker content at all times. Batman is literally just a Joker delivery system to them.

There are a lot of people who think that way though.

And that's why I like Leto's Joker. Specifically because he's a piece of poo poo and you shouldn't worship the guy.

twistedmentat posted:

I highly dislike killing joke Joker but it would of been better than hip hop video Joker we got.

I cannot remember a single Jokery thing he does in the movie. He's just another gangster that shoots people. Ooh his gang wears mascot costumes while they do it, so loving what.

That's because they cut him almost entirely out of the movie in post. We didn't get to see how terribad that character was, and we got no catharsis from the rest of the Squad giving him the beating he deserves.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Without having finished the last episode, how was Peacemakers father able to build such advanced tech? Nothing in his background that suggest any acumen for the kind of physics and resources necessary for those things. For all i know he is a nazi KKK hick and they are rarely the sharpest knife in the drawer, let alone possessing whatever sharpness required to create that on their own.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rhyno posted:

He's exactly 1.5 R2D2s high, he's teensy

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Falukorv posted:

Without having finished the last episode, how was Peacemakers father able to build such advanced tech? Nothing in his background that suggest any acumen for the kind of physics and resources necessary for those things. For all i know he is a nazi KKK hick and they are rarely the sharpest knife in the drawer, let alone possessing whatever sharpness required to create that on their own.

It's not explained

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
maybe he knew the nazi scientists at jotunheim

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I feel like the cow is sort of a prisoner. Maybe instead of killing it they'll teleport it home. But it seemed like it was in agony.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Falukorv posted:

From watching a random YouTube video in the comics he's dad was a rich Nazi. But apparently his characterization is all over the place. He also had two literal white dragons that are completely unexplained. He was basically a Z tier filler character in a Nazi themed super villain team.

My head canon is that he comes from a line of Nazi super scientists, but the only open Nazis in America are losers and neo Nazi trash so even though he can make super weapons he has to work with what he has.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Codependent Poster posted:

I feel like the cow is sort of a prisoner. Maybe instead of killing it they'll teleport it home. But it seemed like it was in agony.

Hey now, it could be super into BDSM. Wouldn’t put it past this show. :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
White Supremacists are in fact, very rich and powerful. It's not a giant leap to assume Augie and his cronies have outside funding.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Rhyno posted:

KIAI adds an extra 3 inches

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

They made a point of showing its single tooth and chubby face. It definitely seemed babyish - for an alien kaiju.

swickles posted:

Has anyone theorized that the cow is merely a giant catepillar waiting to turn into a giant butterfly, meaning Peacemaker is going to have to fight an actual Mothra in the last episode?

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 12, 2022

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

Ayers has been very public about WB butchering his movie. He's kinda of a hack who made Bright so who knows how good it would've been, but I can definitely vouch the theatrical cut is not his movie.

Jesus christ how anyone involved with Bright ever got work again is beyond me. Can't even look at Will Smith the same way anymore.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

And I'm begging the mods, please change the nonsensical title of this thread. It doesn't even fit!

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
on the nazi dad answers, just something i have to roll with i guess, although makes a little more sense inherited from the archetypal nazi scientist father. Just didnt seem that rich, funding or not. Best not to overthink it, even being relatively rich, quantum storage space and miniaturized helmet functions and power armor seems such a step above of what even the government has.

Warbird posted:

I took the “he was a warrior” quip to be in part a caste reference to how ants of different job duties will look considerably different to others. Could be nothing though. No idea why he decided to try and escape then and not play dead or attempt anything other than “fly past literally everyone trying to kill you and hope for the best”.

Also the cops he shot didn’t appear to vacate their bugs. I thought that was kind of weird as the rest of the team just sort of stepped by them and ignored the threat of getting Song’d.

Thought about this too, but as said, yeah wasnt his primary plan to survive it, and he would have to kill somebody else to be useful which he probably isnt stoked about.

But since he lodges in the brain and needs oxygen to breathe, maybe he would just suffocate lodged inside the skull of a dead body not pumping blood into it anymore, thus has nothing to lose trying to vacate immediately.

Falukorv fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 12, 2022

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Radioactive nazi brainworm lets him do super science while maintaining bigotry

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Falukorv posted:

it's a crazy comic book world

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
holy poo poo stunt vig's hands are huge

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Thundercracker posted:

From watching a random YouTube video in the comics he's dad was a rich Nazi. But apparently his characterization is all over the place. He also had two literal white dragons that are completely unexplained. He was basically a Z tier filler character in a Nazi themed super villain team.

My head canon is that he comes from a line of Nazi super scientists, but the only open Nazis in America are losers and neo Nazi trash so even though he can make super weapons he has to work with what he has.

That Nazi-themed super villain team 'Fourth Reich' is fuckin' crazy, their names are so lovely

quote:

Team Leader: Captain Nazi
Current Members: Baroness Blitzkrieg, Captain Nazi, White Dragon, Hunter, Shadow of War, Green Ghoul, Count Berlin, Captain Swastika, Doctor Demon, Baron Gestapo, Captain Murder
Former Members: White Dragon (William Heller), Reichsmark, Swastika

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Swastika must've been really butthurt when Captain Swastika showed up and took his seat

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Also I'm going to have a hard time accepting they can hit us with a twist to make the butterflys actually good.

I think it will be more of an irony thing for Peacemaker. They want to give us anti-matter technology, but they are afraid we'll make weapons with them and destroy the planet, so they are infiltrating governments to bring about world peace first.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ubik_Lives posted:

I think it will be more of an irony thing for Peacemaker. They want to give us anti-matter technology, but they are afraid we'll make weapons with them and destroy the planet, so they are infiltrating governments to bring about world peace first.

yea I think it'll focus more on the whole 'get it, the joke is he says he'll murder anyone for peace and that's...really dumb' irony. The butterflies are trying to keep us from blowing ourselves up so they're just gonna kill us all by mind controlling us by the droves in a process that involves eating our brains, you know, to keep us alive.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That Nazi-themed super villain team 'Fourth Reich' is fuckin' crazy, their names are so lovely

lmfao at these names

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
If Auggie had only a single item of super science, like a zap sceptre or glun gun, I would just hand wave it for comic book rules. A villain needs a gimmick and there's a tradition in comics of C-List villains of having ingenuity to invent a single tool/weapon to support that gimmick. Captain Boomerang type poo poo.

Except, Auggie is a legitimate super scientist. A technobabble wizard, as I like to call them. He can construct a pocket dimension to keep his superscience workshop in. The super suit, the various gimmick Peacemaker helmets...something had to have happened to Auggie inbetween the kiddie boxing match and the show to give him that ability. I hope it is an element of Season 2.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Smythe posted:

lmfao at these names

uh....doctor....holocaust...?

gently caress it good enough let's get lunch

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Marsupial Ape posted:

If Auggie had only a single item of super science, like a zap sceptre or glun gun, I would just hand wave it for comic book rules. A villain needs a gimmick and there's a tradition in comics of C-List villains of having ingenuity to invent a single tool/weapon to support that gimmick. Captain Boomerang type poo poo.

Except, Auggie is a legitimate super scientist. A technobabble wizard, as I like to call them. He can construct a pocket dimension to keep his superscience workshop in. The super suit, the various gimmick Peacemaker helmets...something had to have happened to Auggie inbetween the kiddie boxing match and the show to give him that ability. I hope it is an element of Season 2.

How many right wing chuds live out in compounds and masturbate about their arsenal of killing things and poo poo? How many of them know how to repair it, and are good in a mechanical, highly technical level with fixing and improving poo poo?

Horrible people can be smart too i guess

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

He has some nazi superscience because he is a nazi

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!

Marsupial Ape posted:

In my head canon, he stole it from aliens.

But yeah, comic book series and all but this is a level beyond being a good tinkerer. In general though im not a fan of the stereotypical "nazis are technological/science geniuses".

Falukorv fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 12, 2022

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Shageletic posted:

uh....doctor....holocaust...?

gently caress it good enough let's get lunch

It's like they had one of those Facebook meme things where you go down the list and pick a title that corresponds to the first letter of your first name and a name that corresponds to the last letter of your last name and that's your Nazi supervillain title. I wonder what the Nazi equivalent of "Moon Moon" would be

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Marsupial Ape posted:

I think he was always a proficient scientist and did his kid fighting ring as a way to give back to the community and to strengthen his boys. The setup looked a bit dingy, but I don't think he did that as a means of income.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Dammit I always get Hitler Hitler in these stupid quizzes.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Falukorv posted:

In my head canon, he stole it from aliens.

But yeah, comic book series and all but this is a level beyond being a good tinkerer. In general though im not a fan of the stereotypical "nazis are technological/science geniuses".

I feel you there as you don’t want to go about glorifying the shitbags but that was more or less the case for the source material. Occultism being another common trope with them for the same (albeit far smaller scaled irl) reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Rhyno posted:

Yeah no way, Cena is like 6'1 and Holland is 5'5. Both tower over him.