Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Getting your NFTs stolen, getting your Bitcoins rugpulled, is like a badge of honor. You are paving the way for progress with your wasted bank account. Thank you for your service!

Turn that FUD in to FUDinade!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
getting scammed is educational. it's a learning opportunity

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Gutcruncher posted:

How embarrassing, kidnapping and and threatening murder for pogs

Even worse, a Captain of Industry kowtowing to common criminals.
He should have laughed in their face, started an open bounty on them for buttcoins, and bought more butts with her life insurance.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

pretty clear that ghost titty is just low effort trolling at this point i don't know why you guys keep feeding him, his posts aren't even funny anymore

You know what this very active form of internet discussion needs? Less posts.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
watch till end

https://twitter.com/MattGrippi/status/1491847859565514752

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Then watch the full thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9Fkby9Cvw8

Then read the comments, its brilliant.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

happyhippy posted:

This video is basically

https://twitter.com/dril/status/972534838057230336?lang=en

but with

quote:

please, please, stop screaming at me to shut the gently caress up

instead

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

happyhippy posted:

Lol. Lmao. Can't we all just get along?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

he literally says, "why does this have to be so divisive (NFTs)" then immediately says, "if you don't get it.... gently caress you"
lmao gently caress this guy

he was getting like double digit views on his videos and this is his highest viewed video. so i'm guessing he's going to make more of them.

edit: he says talk about crypto from a place of love. not about having to be right.. what

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 12, 2022

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Strong Sauce posted:

he literally says, "why does this have to be so divisive (NFTs)" then immediately says, "if you don't get it.... gently caress you"
lmao gently caress this guy

he was getting like double digit views on his videos and this is his highest viewed video. so i'm guessing he's going to make more of them.

edit: he says talk about crypto from a place of love. not about having to be right.. what

the vinesauce vinny schtik of ringo from the beetles threatening with peace and love to file copyright claims on music but with bitcoin/nfts

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Also:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

drat that’s a solid burn

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
The rocket should look more phallic.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

griftocurrency

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
https://twitter.com/voxel/status/1492049780734050304

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
So what's the crypto community's response to the bust of those 2 jabronis? Because it seems to me that if the FBI, IRS, DOJ etc. etc. can just subpoena the gently caress out of any exchange then seize the coins when they catch up to the target doesn't that pretty much 100% destroy one of the biggest selling points of crypto? I thought they were supposed to be anonymous, safe and untraceable after a certain point. I wanna hear the crypto community explain how this could have happened cause it sure seems like the exchanges will crack under threat of the man, the man they were so sure they were going to take down with their stupid rear end monopoly money.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
it's never been any of those things, the current "crypto community" is built on lies. nothing will change because nobody invested in all this is interested in the truth

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
it's just like when bitcoin was supposed to the future of peer-to-peer payments for many years because it's instant (20-40 minutes) and no fees (massive fees), reality can just be ignored for the story, took like 8 years for them to give up on that

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

The decentralization ideology is secondary at best for most of the participants. It's just something to which they pay lip service for in-group signaling. Even the cringey rapper woman made sure to include lyrics about how "our cause is just!"

I doubt the NFT grift pivots away from OpenSea to a magically more "decentralized" platform before it runs out of steam. It's just functional enough to part people from their money and enable the founders and investors to take a cut. That's what matters. (And, of course, having a way to get back to money that you can actually spend, but the first person to stand up from the table may be the one who starts the rush out the door...)

If you're still hearing about crypto-coin crap in 10 years, my wild-rear end guess is it will be some kind of esoteric alternative system for allocating cloud computing resources. That seems like what most of the big-name VCs pushing crypto are angling for, and it makes sense. Making your computer make internet money for you drove a lot of the early enthusiam. Cloud services have also been a huge chunk of the bottom line for SaaS startups this whole time. If you could plug your servers in and mine tokens to get them to at least pay for themselves, even if you're sharing your resources with others, that's a dragon they're going to chase no matter what. Now, would such a mythical system ever be as reliable and responsive as a basic Amazon web services instance, or the cheapest Cloudflare package? I don't know, how well has this stuff been scaling so far...?

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

A Bakers Cousin posted:

You know what this very active form of internet discussion needs? Less posts.

he posts some low effort troll and then the next two pages are just idiots white noise posting about how dumb his deliberately dumb charts are

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
i actually thought unfunny gimmick posting was bannable but apparently not

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

I for one found it very funny and i hope the next chart is more unhinged and lower resolution

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Unofficial Bored Ape Yacht Club merch has made it to AliExpress.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Mimesweeper posted:

it's never been any of those things, the current "crypto community" is built on lies. nothing will change because nobody invested in all this is interested in the truth

What if I was to tell you it's even more sinister than that....

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Wait, there are cryptos using astrology to buy butts?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

smh people don't even know the origin story of TO THE MOON

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

"Marketplace suspends most NFT sales, citing 'rampant' fakes and plagiarism"

https://www.reuters.com/business/finance/nft-marketplace-shuts-citing-rampant-fakes-plagiarism-problem-2022-02-11/

Lol

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

for fucks sake posted:

I for one found it very funny and i hope the next chart is more unhinged and lower resolution

Why not search back through the thread for the last one, it’ll be the exact same experience.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

i actually thought unfunny gimmick posting was bannable but apparently not

You’d think so but moderation beyond searching for naughty words or having a group of people abuse the report button functionality is beyond the talents of that crew these days.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

happyhippy posted:

Wait, there are cryptos using astrology to buy butts?

There was (is?) a semi-popular tiktok account dedicated to tarot readings to predict crypto prices.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Paladinus posted:

There was (is?) a semi-popular tiktok account dedicated to tarot readings to predict crypto prices.

Now picturing Bond's tarot deck from Live and Let Die, but instead of The Lovers it's The Fool.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

greazeball posted:

smh people don't even know the origin story of TO THE MOON

Are you talking about Honeymooners, or are you talking about the expression being used to describe the exit strategy for the grifters at the top of the heap to pivot out with all the cash leaving everyone else broke?

ChronoBasher
Jul 2, 2007

istewart posted:

If you're still hearing about crypto-coin crap in 10 years, my wild-rear end guess is it will be some kind of esoteric alternative system for allocating cloud computing resources. That seems like what most of the big-name VCs pushing crypto are angling for, and it makes sense. Making your computer make internet money for you drove a lot of the early enthusiam. Cloud services have also been a huge chunk of the bottom line for SaaS startups this whole time. If you could plug your servers in and mine tokens to get them to at least pay for themselves, even if you're sharing your resources with others, that's a dragon they're going to chase no matter what. Now, would such a mythical system ever be as reliable and responsive as a basic Amazon web services instance, or the cheapest Cloudflare package? I don't know, how well has this stuff been scaling so far...?

https://akash.network/

Last time I looked into it there were tons of miners/potential hosts but like no customers who were willing to put thier poo poo on a decentralized cloud. Not only was it more expensive, because all the poo poo is priced in stupid speculative tokens, but you don't get any of the compliance standards that are really important for a cloud service providers to have (SOC, PCI, FedRamp and others).

I guess the value prop is there is no one data center/customer that the FBI can kick the door down on? But again, this would only really appeal to parties hosting illegal poo poo and not legitimate businesses.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
My impression is that the FBI isn't good for much more than murdering protestors and dealing drugs nowadays. Even moreso than historically.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Zuckerberg's Super Bowl ad:
https://youtu.be/LcmAlpIp3oM

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

BoldFace posted:

Here’s hoping Metaverse goes the way of Meta’s Libra/Diem (in which case it doesn’t go at all lmao).

Also good to see real investors are getting fleeced out of real dollars by an idiot who made a competitor to VRChat. Glad it’s not just bitcoiners who are that stupid.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

BoldFace posted:

God that thing is just so directly and aggressively pitched at failing businesses

They've built a rot monetisation machine and they want to sell it to your dying franchise

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i have many questions regarding the dog's ability to physically move in real life

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Mozi posted:

i have many questions regarding the dog's ability to physically move in real life

Pretty hosed up that he was apparently in a state of catatonic depression just because the restaurant closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
If NFT sponsored links appear on Facebook is angry reacting a good idea or does that just make it worse?