Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Honestly, I respect the hell out of Team Cherry just going completely radio silent. So many companies bend over backwards to cater to the whims of noisy people on social media, so it's refreshing to see a team that just doesn't take part in that at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/mossbag69/status/1492551971261362180?s=21

Everyone happy?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Im less happy now

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
This can’t be true. Surely they are sitting on their butts not making the game for some reason to spite me, Joe Q Gamer

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

You know what else is steady

That's right, plate tectonics

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Huge if true

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So one of us is mossbag? I think I've seen some of his videos. Then name sounds familiar.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I’m mossbag

I’m also ninja and pewdiepie

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Thank you, that is actually - for real no snark - better than nothing. Was that so hard?

Forbidden West comes out next week and I've got two weeks off work so yeah I'm well happy right now.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Bug Squash posted:

Honestly, I respect the hell out of Team Cherry just going completely radio silent. So many companies bend over backwards to cater to the whims of noisy people on social media, so it's refreshing to see a team that just doesn't take part in that at all.

I still remember the days when the only times I'd hear about a new game was by reading a gaming magazine or a lone trailer on GameTrailers, Team Cherry can take as long as they need because some people in this thread would be howling like motherfuckers if it was rushed out to cater to their withered away patience in the social media age.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

The weirdest thing is how they pivoted from the style of hollow knight to a 3rd person on rails shooter. Kind of weird, but I guess it makes sense that it's taking so long.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

The weirdest thing is how they pivoted from the style of hollow knight to a 3rd person on rails shooter. Kind of weird, but I guess it makes sense that it's taking so long.
Like Killer7? It's really the obvious choice when you think about it, gamers just wanna complain

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Yes.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

No.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I was already happy.

I mean in general the world sucks but with regards to Silksong I'm fine.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Stephen King published his first Dark Tower novel in 1982, and the only reason that he got motivated to finish the series was getting hit by a van and nearly dying. Took until the early 00's to get them half-rear end done and out the door. The books were done, but kinda went :flaccid:

The point I'm trying to make is, we could hit Team Cherry with a van in order to hurry their asses up, but the Silksong we get would be a rushed mess. So maybe we just need to wait.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I dunno if you can really pin down King's process without accounting for cocaine

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Get Team Cherry cocaine.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'll take it I guess

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Bogart posted:

Get Team Cherry cocaine.

Get one of them cocaine, another LSD and the third meth.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Lol@ the folks conflating the desire some of us have for a little communication with a howling demand for the game to be rushed out. They can take till 2026 for all I care just keep us updated every so often because it costs nothing.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

It's a video game and people are making jokes. I think you might be overstating how much we think there's 'howling' about it.

I heard that one of the new central locations in the game is going to be a pizza parlor with a laser tag arena attached! I hope the AI is good enough to be a match for my finely honed skills.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

no, because I assume production has been troubled

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I mean yeah, the main inference from that tweet is that it's nowhere close to finished (which is fine btw) because they said they're looking forward to sharing more info when it's close to being finished. They haven't shared any info, ergo, it isn't close to being finished.

It's nice to know for sure now though.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

William posted here back at the beginning of the hollow knight thread. I wonder if he's still lurking, cackling at our impatience atop his mountain of cash.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Lol the absolute worst thing they could do to us now is to stealth-release it next loving week.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Cactus posted:

Lol the absolute worst thing they could do to us now is to stealth-release it next loving week.

This would break so many people. I love it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cactus posted:

They wouldn't loving dare.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The OG Hollow Knight came out 4 days before Horizon Zero Dawn.

Edit: and two weeks before BOTW

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

External Organs posted:

The OG Hollow Knight came out 4 days before Horizon Zero Dawn.

Edit: and two weeks before BOTW

And is better than both. Not that it is a high bar but still...

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Cactus posted:

ohh nooo this would be TERRIBLE. I would HATE this. Don't do it team cherry!!!!!!!!!!

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Can you imagine it though. It'd be like throwing a pineapple at a tsunami lmao

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

idgi why are you all acting like you aren't able to play an alpha release right now?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Wow, I mean, Hollow Knight has a few rough edges here and there but calling it an alpha is being a little bit harsh.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
N/m : no sense bumping thread

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 14, 2022

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Cactus posted:

I mean yeah, the main inference from that tweet is that it's nowhere close to finished (which is fine btw) because they said they're looking forward to sharing more info when it's close to being finished. They haven't shared any info, ergo, it isn't close to being finished.

It's nice to know for sure now though.
Actually it says "closer," not "close"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL at the vapourware shitshoe goon being the one to cantankerously wonder out loud why Team Cherry doesn’t want to address their fans

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Embrace the shitshoe. Caress the shitshoe. Inhale the vapour.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I think when they realized that when Crowsworn beat them to market they had to change the whole aesthetic or they'd be labeled (rightly) as a Crowsworn clone. It's hard not to copy Crowsworn, to be sure, because of how monumentally influential it is in modern gaming, but I really respect Team Cherry for at least trying to make something original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I'm looking forwards to Crowsworn highlighting just how good Hollow Knight is by lacking all the little touches of pacing, difficulty curve and map design.