Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Chris Kattan is probably my least favorite SNL cast member.

Edit: of the ones that had any staying power. Tons of cast members bomb in their first season and get quietly fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Encourage her prepper tendencies. Start rucking with her, put ferro rods on your keychains, buy a takedown rifle and ammo, learn how to track game, practice digging holes, drill applying tourniquets on wet limbs

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

seiferguy posted:

Chris Kattan is probably my least favorite SNL cast member.

Wow, after looking up Chris Kattan characters he is pretty loving grim. Per SNL.fandom.com (my home page):

Azrael Abyss
Brian
Buddy Mills
Doug Butabi
Gator
Gay Hitler
Josh Zimmerman
Kyle DeMarco
Mango
Mr. Peepers
Samm
Suel Forrester

I would have been able to name 2.5 of those (counting Doug Butabi as half for being "one of the Roxbury guys"), and only remember Gay Hitler in addition to those.

otoh Jimmy Fallon actively detracted from things, and will forever be the WOAT.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Wow, after looking up Chris Kattan characters he is pretty loving grim. Per SNL.fandom.com (my home page):

Azrael Abyss
Brian
Buddy Mills
Doug Butabi
Gator
Gay Hitler
Josh Zimmerman
Kyle DeMarco
Mango
Mr. Peepers
Samm
Suel Forrester

I would have been able to name 2.5 of those (counting Doug Butabi as half for being "one of the Roxbury guys"), and only remember Gay Hitler in addition to those.

otoh Jimmy Fallon actively detracted from things, and will forever be the WOAT.

Jimmy Fallon and Chris Katan are two sides of the same poo poo coin

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Samadhi posted:

Jimmy Fallon and Chris Katan are two sides of the same poo poo coin

drat, their tenures almost entirely overlapped.

Kattan: 1996 - 2003
Fallon: 1998 - 2004

Dire times.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Forrest on Fire posted:

Yeah honestly, I get the feeling she feels like she has to defend the purchase. It's a bad time in the world and I wouldn't want to feel judged for having some emergency rations. Then again I super don't know Dr. Girlfriend and have been just picturing the Venture Bros. Character whenever General Dog refers to her.

We’ve been dating for a while, but I think we’re still at a phase where there are eccentricities on both sides that have yet to be uncovered. I haven’t demeaned her for any purchases in the past, and I didn’t for this one. I imagine it’s a case where she knows the stereotypes about prepping and just may not have wanted to have a conversation about it at that exact moment.

It’s probably not a bad investment of a few hundred dollars for someone who has it to spare, having seen the stress test that the relatively tame events of the last two years have put on the supply chain.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Dire times.

Don’t forget Horatio Sanz

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

It's a good idea to keep 48-72 hours (or as long as the worst case for disaster response getting to you) of supplies on hand if you live anywhere there could be a natural disaster. Having a disaster plan in place is a good idea.

Stockpiling ammo in case of Jade Helm putting FEMA camps in Wal-Marts is less of a good idea and more of a warning.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

General Dog posted:

Don’t forget Horatio Sanz

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Sanz: 1998 - 2006

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It’s wild how awful Tina Fey’s era as head writer at SNL was, even by SNL standards. I think that knowledge somehow makes 30 Rock even funnier.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

General Dog posted:

We’ve been dating for a while, but I think we’re still at a phase where there are eccentricities on both sides that have yet to be uncovered. I haven’t demeaned her for any purchases in the past, and I didn’t for this one. I imagine it’s a case where she knows the stereotypes about prepping and just may not have wanted to have a conversation about it at that exact moment.

It’s probably not a bad investment of a few hundred dollars for someone who has it to spare, having seen the stress test that the relatively tame events of the last two years have put on the supply chain.

Right that sounds about what I'd expect! I think she's concerned about the appearance of prepping especially w/ hucksters really getting into the field. I wouldn't be too concerned because it doesn't seem like it's a communication issue

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

A friend of mine pointed out how well his name could fit in that video game baseball roster (Todd Bonzalez et al)

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Dire times.

I used to get them mixed up all the time and honestly this goes a long way towards explaining that.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Pron on VHS posted:

Encourage her prepper tendencies. Start rucking with her, put ferro rods on your keychains, buy a takedown rifle and ammo, learn how to track game, practice digging holes, drill applying tourniquets on wet limbs

are we not assuming GD already knows how to do those things

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Few things in life are as sweet as lying in a sunny park, listening to happy lofi, blissfully marinuana’d.

https://youtu.be/dHvWURUzj3Q

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hope all of you are living a soothing weekend

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
After hearing Jim Breuer's retelling of the Norm Macdonald vs. Chris Kattan story, it was pretty clear nobody else at SNL wanted him there either.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I got my hour of watering the plants and sipping coffee outside alone so I'm doing great.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

If you’re having a nice weekend and would prefer to feel like your heart has been ripped from your chest instead, might I suggest watching Torn? It is exceptionally well done imo, but it gets very heavy around the halfway point. We’ve actually been blessed with a surplus of climbing movies that have hit the mainstream recently, which is pretty cool, but this is the first one I can think of that so directly confronts the loss that that just pervades the sport.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

General Dog posted:

I keep a few extra things now. I have a fully stocked first aid kit in my house, but I also have a smaller one in a ruck sack with some other... stuff just in case. I've been through floods and bush fires and now a pandemic in the last ten years. I don't think there's anything wrong with spending a couple hundred bucks to make sure you can be safe and comfortable for a few days if the worst happens. I wouldn't take it as a bad sign she didn't immediately announce it to you either.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

On the other hand, there's a ton of "prepper supply" companies out there selling dried beans and instant mac & cheese pouches at a horrendous markup, and a lot of what they sell has a 10 year or less shelf life so eventually you have to eat it or throw it out. If Dr. Girlfriend is shopping from the back of Guns & Ammo Magazine, she's making poor purchasing decisions.

You can go to a decent grocery store and buy sacks of rice and dry beans etc. and store them in sealed containers for just as long, at a fraction of the prices those places charge.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, it's all a complete ripoff except for PrepperAnn branded dehydrated meat slurry that I fully endorse and am the sole proprieter of.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I really shared this as a humorous anecdote more than out of any real concern. She got like four tubs of dehydrated food; if she gets a shipping container for more then we probably need to have a talk.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

Yeah, it's all a complete ripoff except for PrepperAnn branded dehydrated meat slurry that I fully endorse and am the sole proprieter of.

Great name. How can I get involved with this startup?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Don’t Mormons keep some huge stockpile?

Unless for some reason you want a bunch of MRE’s, you should def just buy all your supplies at the grocery store. If I didn’t care about taking of the space, I’d go buy one of those giant sacks of rice. Really should just try and get a restaurant supply hookup.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

You can go to a decent grocery store and buy sacks of rice and dry beans etc. and store them in sealed containers for just as long, at a fraction of the prices those places charge.

TBH buying stuff you can use to make food in bulk and good containers is just a good idea in general. I have a bunch of rice and flour that I got in bulk from a kitchen supply place and it's been kind of a godsend while I don't have an income. Only things I'm buying at the moment are fresh veggies, eggs and meat. I'm spending less than a third of what I used to on groceries because I have a little time to do the added step of - make a dough and let proof for 24 hours if I want bread. Baking goes from being moderately difficult to really loving easy once you buy food scales and move from volumetric measurements to weighted ones.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Great name. How can I get involved with this startup?

The song popped into my head immediately upon reading General Dog's post so I just started googling and realized very few people have made the joke connection to a nearly 30 year old cartoon.

Also if you start hitting up instagram and pinterest for prepper stuff, and start visiting the urls that pop up boy oh boy will your browser's antivirus start screaming at you. Prepperessentials.org? how can I go wrong!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I also lugged a couple of 50 lb bags of rice and beans up to the attic for her a few weeks ago, so we should be good on that end.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

General Dog posted:

Keep that in your back pocket for when she finds out you're a goon

T-Square
May 14, 2009

We had a taco night last night by me so dinner is taco night leftovers in nacho form

Fresh tortilla chips from the Mexican grocer, Carne Asada, Oaxaca and Cotija, pickled radishes/jalapeños, cilantro, ‘cado, and a ‘cado-lime crema drizzle

Meeeow

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

All you need is Jim Bakker Food Buckets

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I made this for SB. Best wife ever or greatest wife ever?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Braksgirl posted:

the real question is did you take a slice or did you let him eat the whole dang thing because it looks delicious

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

That one was his. I make 5 separate pizzas each time because nobody likes all the same toppings and it's easier that way. I'm a gotdamn short order chef.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Braksgirl posted:

That one was his. I make 5 separate pizzas each time because nobody likes all the same toppings and it's easier that way. I'm a gotdamn short order chef.

You're the greatest

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Most impressive part is keeping the heart shape.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Braksgirl posted:

SB doesn’t deserve you

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bird in a Blender posted:

Don’t Mormons keep some huge stockpile?

Unless for some reason you want a bunch of MRE’s, you should def just buy all your supplies at the grocery store. If I didn’t care about taking of the space, I’d go buy one of those giant sacks of rice. Really should just try and get a restaurant supply hookup.
Mormons are supposed to keep a 2 year stockpile of basic canned and dry goods that should be rotated constantly, but that's also from the days when they were trying to eke out an existence in Deseret before they made reservoirs and canals to farm the available arable land around Great Salt Lake. They have a prepper mindset from the days when their religion was constantly on the move, and that when they found a place to stay it was really hard to stockpile goods so when a good year happened they hoarded the poo poo out of it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Braksgirl posted:

Not a Garfield Eats pizza, 2/5 stars.

j/k it looks great

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

You're the greatest

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

My buddy works with Sahith Theegala's cousin. They had extra tickets to the Phoenix Open yesterday so we got to tag along with the entire family. They are nicest, most hospitable people. Welcomed us right into their family.

And we got to go out to the family section on the course at the 16th hole. One of the most surreal experiences ever.