Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

putin must be struggling with what to do right now does he invade ukraine for almost no benefit or just do nothing at all and make his biggest geopolitical rivals look like lunatics who have spent the last month screaming at imaginary elves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
He's just waiting for a chance to defend Russia against provocations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/RayhanAsat/status/1492469675535568903

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
drat saying IN MINECRAFT doesn't work anymore

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Raskolnikov38 posted:

top secret invasion orders don’t seem like the kind of thing you’d broadcast over the air, even encrypted, but what do I know

it seems pretty amateur hour on russia's part if true (which it's not)

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

https://twitter.com/shaunwalker7/status/1492554288794640390

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

https://twitter.com/oleksiireznikov/status/1492519198056235010

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

EA DMCA strikes the Ukrainian ministry of defense

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

I should have been more specific, I was talking about Biden: I dont see this helping him domestically unless an invasion actually happens

This is how Democrats distract from cratering public support: They flex at Russia.

Republicans don't do that. They flex at DPRK. Totally different.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Seriously, I was promised a pivot to China when the Olympics started.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
US to reopen Solomon Islands embassy amid moves to counter China

quote:

In a notification to Congress, the State Department said Solomon Islanders cherished their history with Americans on the battlefields of World War II, but that the US was in danger of losing its preferential ties as China “aggressively seeks to engage” elite politicians and business people in the Solomon Islands.

Hmmm. I guess the US has to engage in diplomacy now instead of taking the Solomon Islands for granted.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
good luck to the Solomon Islanders they’re about to get a military dictatorship

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

My Chinese history professor actually did exactly this, I think there was one other person that knew about MOVE previously

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

its wild to me that everyone acts like recent chinese political history and government criticism is secret forbidden knowledge in china when its pretty much the only thing my chinese university grad program talks about

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Some Guy TT posted:

its wild to me that everyone acts like recent chinese political history and government criticism is secret forbidden knowledge in china when its pretty much the only thing my chinese university grad program talks about

You can thank the CIA and Falun Gong-controlled media for that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
god I can't find any news org that isn't freaking out over this while everyone in Ukraine and Russia are just going 'what', this is easily the best encapsulation of western foreign policy we've seen in a while

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Mayman10 posted:

My Chinese history professor actually did exactly this, I think there was one other person that knew about MOVE previously

You should read the quote tweets if you want to die.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

lol

https://tass.com/russia/1402163

quote:

"In this situation, in the wake of possible provocations by the Kiev regime or third countries, we have, indeed, made a decision on some optimization of the staff of Russian overseas missions in Ukraine. We want to highlight that our embassy and consulates will keep performing their basic functions," the statement says.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Some Guy TT posted:

tbh you could show kent state or waco or really any government violent suppression and no gen-z would know about it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Russia must leave Siberia and retreat to central Russia immediately. Enough of this empire.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1492513984645373952?s=20

You will not defeat this Herr Putin

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Nonsense posted:

You will not defeat this Herr Putin

* is easily defeated in a quick campaign *

Ah well nevertheless

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/mariaressa/status/1492106807007117318

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Cpt_Obvious posted:

This is how Democrats distract from cratering public support: They flex at Russia.

Republicans don't do that. They flex at DPRK. Totally different.

that's the old guard, Trump is more about flexing on Iran and Cuba

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rutibex posted:

I just hope it's not a nuclear punch :ohdear:

I live a few miles from the USAF base that hosts the satellite uplinks for the NRO fleet and early warning satellites, I'll do my best to post through getting vaporized

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

when i play civ i park all my troops on the border of the country im negotiating with and im like, look i just want to attack the person on the other side of you give me open borders and all your oil, so they do and then i just invade them anyway because moving all my troops onto their border was obnoxious

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Flavahbeast posted:

that's the old guard, Trump is more about flexing on Iran and Cuba

Did you forget the whole North Korean war scare that Trump started?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I actually did forget

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

So what would be the easiest way to make some money off of people who think Russia is going to invade? Does predictit have a bet going on the invasion? I really want these people to buy me a PS5

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Flavahbeast posted:

I actually did forget

It was completely overshadowed by "Trump loves to kiss Kim Jong Un on the mouth" reporting that followed, when Trump thought he had scared the DPRK into possibly giving up on their nuclear program.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

pissinthewind posted:

when i play civ i park all my troops on the border of the country im negotiating with and im like, look i just want to attack the person on the other side of you give me open borders and all your oil, so they do and then i just invade them anyway because moving all my troops onto their border was obnoxious

the human condition

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
This, by the way, is what has made my aforementioned biases against Putin so strong. As extreme as this might sound, I felt as if Russia's interference in the US 2016 election was an act of war - a direct attack upon a core aspect of America. Obviously the response to that wouldn't be to attack Russia because that simply isn't sensible, but I still believe that some very punishing sanctions are called for at the absolute minimum. No slap on the wrist stuff... but something very real and very serious.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Zedhe Khoja posted:

This, by the way, is what has made my aforementioned biases against Putin so strong. As extreme as this might sound, I felt as if Russia's interference in the US 2016 election was an act of war - a direct attack upon a core aspect of America. Obviously the response to that wouldn't be to attack Russia because that simply isn't sensible, but I still believe that some very punishing sanctions are called for at the absolute minimum. No slap on the wrist stuff... but something very real and very serious.

they're all so media brained they can't understand why we haven't done more substantial sanctions already. we just gotta punish the bad guys.

the way liberals would constantly fall back on Game of Thrones to interpret politics was a clear sign that they'd completely lost touch with reality. this was all before the pandemic turned everyone into binge watching shut-ins.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Nuclear War: do it for Her

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

A direct attack upon a core aspect of America.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fly Molo posted:

Nuclear War: do it for Her

https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1492554515144396813?s=20&t=8K1KzXNFnMrwYYe-uQrWdA

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

they're all so media brained they can't understand why we haven't done more substantial sanctions already. we just gotta punish the bad guys.

the way liberals would constantly fall back on Game of Thrones to interpret politics was a clear sign that they'd completely lost touch with reality. this was all before the pandemic turned everyone into binge watching shut-ins.

I remember back in '14, someone in the EE thread insisted that we needed to take out Putin (they wouldn't elaborate how), because he's "basically Tywin Lannister."

Which struck me as odd, because Tywin was literally the least-bad leader in that whole dumb series.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
starving millions as revenge for *reads note* buff rainbow Bernie?

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

how many "very real and very serious" things does America deserve for overthrowing countless governments and all the other stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
lmao the D&D mods are back to their standard modus operandi and are probing any op that doesn't agree with Putin being Hitler 2.0

just totally insane lol. these people are rock hard at the idea of Russia playing out their villain fantasy so they can finally get off on seeing some slavs get killed. all for "revenge" for Russia being nice to trump or some deranged bullshit