Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009
Can you get max traders without doing the quests now that dailies/weeklies give rep? I know I should do enough to give me access to certain items though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Doing 30 to 60 dailies per vendor is questing???

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

TJChap2840 posted:

Whats your scav rep at? I imagine it’s pretty high if you’ve been doing that a while.

I started last week but had 3 days of not being at my pc. I get about 0.25 a day though. I'm at 1.9 now.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Are you running two instances of eft at the same time, or am I misreading you?

No, I'm playing other games or watching a movie/TV show. When I actually play EFT it's when my friends are on.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Charles 1998 posted:

I don't know if this is exploiting or not but I'll just have eft running in the background while I'm doing other tasks, and when I scav timer is up I'll go to factory, and run straight for the exit, then vendor all my gear. Usually it's 20-30 seconds a run and I make 50-150k. I do this all day.

It’s also a quick thing to do between PMC runs.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
You should at least hit the supply crates in Factory. It'll only add another 30-60 secs

VVVVVVVVV Thanks Charles

Incoming Chinchilla fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 11, 2022

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

You should at least hit the supply crates in Factory. It'll only add another 30-60 secs

Well fine. I checked a crate this time and found a DevTac Ronin Ballistic Helmet. I hope you're happy.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I wish I wasn’t terrible and could get to an exit and out as a scav more than 10% of the time.

I know, practice practice, but….

And an exit screen that would let you vendor scav loot directly at exit would be nice.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

AlternateAccount posted:

I wish I wasn’t terrible and could get to an exit and out as a scav more than 10% of the time.

I know, practice practice, but….

And an exit screen that would let you vendor scav loot directly at exit would be nice.

If it really is that bad and you're not having fun then I'd suggest the goon discord. Although the game becomes extremely unchallenging with more than one other person.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

If it really is that bad and you're not having fun then I'd suggest the goon discord. Although the game becomes extremely unchallenging with more than one other person.

Oh I enjoy it plenty, but I just don't know the map(only playing on Customs until I get it down) or the common traffic points and make mistakes I am learning from.

Also I dispute your statement, me and two other equally new friends play together and get reliably annihilated. But we can feel our competence growing very slowly.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

The new patch is great. I'm easily getting another 10-20 fps.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I get a lot of stuttering in other peoples movement. Like people in my group are just leaping 2-3 feet at a time.

To clarify, great frame rate and such, just weird like I am not getting timely updates.

AlternateAccount fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 12, 2022

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

So I became aware of this game from, of all things, a cool sounding quasi-LARP airsoft event I plan to attend. Haven't got it yet because I'm a little intimidated by the reputed learning curve.

If I wanna whale is it really worth it to shell out for one of the whale-ier versions to start with more and better gats.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Owlbear Camus posted:

So I became aware of this game from, of all things, a cool sounding quasi-LARP airsoft event I plan to attend. Haven't got it yet because I'm a little intimidated by the reputed learning curve.

If I wanna whale is it really worth it to shell out for one of the whale-ier versions to start with more and better gats.

You're less whaling for better starting guns and more whaling for the increased stash space unlocked from jump. Upgrading your stash from the standard size is otherwise long, expensive, and annoying as gently caress.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

honestly there's no real reason to jump straight to the most expensive option. you can upgrade at any time for the difference in price, and they do sales frequently honoring that upgrade scheme. just get the basic one and try it out. you'll know pretty quick if it's something you'll get into, then you can spend the extra hundred bucks or whatever

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Also they’re still doing periodic resets right?

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

AlternateAccount posted:

Also they’re still doing periodic resets right?

They just did one almost two months ago. Around 2 a year to this point

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Owlbear Camus posted:

just get the basic version to start, you can upgrade with no price difference later

unless you get really into the game it'll be a little while before the default stash becomes unworkable

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Bussamove posted:

You're less whaling for better starting guns and more whaling for the increased stash space unlocked from jump. Upgrading your stash from the standard size is otherwise long, expensive, and annoying as gently caress.

Even bigger than the stash space imo is the trader rep. Some of these assholes (looking at you Jager) can take months to get to level 3/4, but having the high trader rep early lets you buy better gear way faster than other players, especially with the flea market nerfs.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Jaegar used to be alright because for years one of his quests gave 0.2 instead of 0.02 rep, which is almost halfway to level 4, and BSG apparently didn’t care to fix it. Shame they finally did.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Daily quests have made Jaegar rep levels much easier to attain. It ws brutal before that.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

How do you gain rep with traders if not through quests. i heard you get it from trading but i swear i traded Ragman a but load of crap and my rep didnt even increase by .01

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Quests are the main way of raising rep with traders. You sell items to meet their purchase/sell limit, which gates access to higher LL as well. The lone exception is fence, whose rep is your Scav Karma. You raise that by successfully extracting as a scav, using car extracts or shared extracts on your PMC, or by killing pscavs who have killed another pscav on your scav, or killing PMCs on your scav.

If you have EOD, you can basically stop questing for rep at a certain point and be fine (granted, quests are still the best xp in the game so you probably want to still do them). I've just reached 33, and have satisfied all the rep requirements for all traders to LL4 already. The dailies and weeklies help a lot, but you are at the mercy of which ones show up.

Quests still gate access to specific items/barters however. But you can just not care about quests once you're level 42 if you only want to unlock LL4 for all traders.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I survived!

For about 5 minutes before a pscav 3rd partied me...

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
If you're bad at PVP/Sniping then Jaegar is the only one that Bad with Money Edition helps with. For the other Traders you'll probably have the rep by the time you get the level/spend requirements done.

That said I suck at PVP so I have never regretted spending the money on EOD.

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.

Bucnasti posted:

If you're bad at PVP/Sniping then Jaegar is the only one that Bad with Money Edition helps with. For the other Traders you'll probably have the rep by the time you get the level/spend requirements done.

That said I suck at PVP so I have never regretted spending the money on EOD.

And Peacekeeper, his quests are gated behind Skier's "Friend from the West" quests.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

South posted:

And Peacekeeper, his quests are gated behind Skier's "Friend from the West" quests.

Oh that’s right, you can unlock level 2 peacekeeper if you have EOD without completing the usec kill quest.
So yeah, if you’re bad at PvP then the extra rep is a pretty good advantage for it.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
I wanna buy eod upgrade for a friend who already owns the basic edition. Do I buy the full version and then they'll refund me, or can I not do it and need to have him login? I want to surprise him (he realizes I bought it for him after I paid).

Maybe I'll just ask for his username and password saying I wanna check out his stash/rep/guns.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Killed an Interchange meta sweatlord using just a drum mag PPSH. Felt pretty good.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Dusted a level 26 with a whole inventory full of goodies as a patient and sneaky level 4 taking just a bit of damage.

Feels real good, man.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008

Killed an Interchange meta sweatlord using just a drum mag PPSH. Felt pretty good.

AlternateAccount posted:

Dusted a level 26 with a whole inventory full of goodies as a patient and sneaky level 4 taking just a bit of damage.

Feels real good, man.

Hell yeah

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Honestly,

I've gotten some of the best success just using stock SA-58 / FAL with basic M80 ammo. Unless they've got top tier armor this stuff hurts.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

M80 is honestly disgusting. I've been using an RFB lately and the stuff feels like cheating.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Pseudoscorpion posted:

M80 is honestly disgusting. I've been using an RFB lately and the stuff feels like cheating.

RFB is the only gun you need, unless you're doing a CQB run. So good, so cheap.

Like don't get me wrong, I use a shitload of different guns because my inventory is full of them, but if you are struggling to PVP and want a recommendation, it's the RFB for sure

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
So for all the REALISM, my buddy just walked up behind a busy or AFK PMC, shot him twice in the back of the head with that revolver shotgun thing(buckshot, maybe?) and dude turned around and almost killed him before the third shot took him out.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

AlternateAccount posted:

So for all the REALISM, my buddy just walked up behind a busy or AFK PMC, shot him twice in the back of the head with that revolver shotgun thing(buckshot, maybe?) and dude turned around and almost killed him before the third shot took him out.

If he was wearing any decent helmet the standard buckshot’s gonna have a hard time getting through it. Always go for legs with that sort of thing if they’re a PMC.

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
You'll do fine no matter what. That's my motto.
It's always confusing how if you watch guys on twitch who are crazy good, they are constantly doing parkour all over the bloody place and somehow they aren't attracting guys to their location.

I feel like if I make any noise there are at least a couple guys alerted to my exact spot. I guess it has to do with constant speed or something?...

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Your advantage as a solo player is mobility and low attack surface. Move quickly and make the enemy waste time deconflicting / avoiding friendly fire.

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Kashwashwa posted:

It's always confusing how if you watch guys on twitch who are crazy good, they are constantly doing parkour all over the bloody place and somehow they aren't attracting guys to their location.

I feel like if I make any noise there are at least a couple guys alerted to my exact spot. I guess it has to do with constant speed or something?...

Somebody making a little sound but being slow-moving is possibly the easiest to pinpoint. Most people start doing parkour once a fight starts, to avoid getting locked in a hallway fight just peeking each other.

If you already make sound, you might as well make people lose track of you, which gives you short windows to push them.

If you watch 2 good players, either somebody is caught out and the whole thing is over instantly, or they try to outflank and rotate each other and use aggression to limit each other’s options.

It helps that randos in tarkov can be very passive, which gives people a lot of room to move. Sometimes you just die to a guy in a bush tho.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:
Also be conservative with the shots you take.

No need to immediately shoot at the first guy you see if he doesn't notice you. Stalk him a bit, maybe he has friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
Yay, another 675,000₽ FLIR scope from a SCAV run that I'll never use because it's worth 4 times the price of the gun I would mount it on, and can't sell on Auction House, and the vendor price is like 1/10 the buy price.