Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Avalerion posted:

Finally sitting down to try this and all the servers have 10000+ queue's what is this bullshit. :argh: Would the cheapest starter pack give me priority or something or should I not bother?
I'm guessing you're EU? They already doubled the number of servers from early access so hopefully they add even more soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

Sharpshooter is good. I’m up to about ilvl500 with mine and I’ve got a couple AOEs that will one shot trash mobs and good single target damage and mobility. It also just feels good. And my lvl50 head armor is cool guy shades

Would recommend

I do like cool guy shades

I’ll give it a shot, then. Thanks!

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Ok, that castle siege was actually really epic

Agreed. And the stronghold has me surprised too. I was completely not expecting a full island.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They hosed up some EU servers by temporarily opening the early access ones so everyone flooded to those instead of using the new ones.

I dont know if thats happen in the US yet but I hope they dont make that mistake.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They hosed up some EU servers by temporarily opening the early access ones so everyone flooded to those instead of using the new ones.

I dont know if thats happen in the US yet but I hope they dont make that mistake.

I thought it was intentional that they opened up all servers? Didn’t they explicitly say they were doing that somewhere?

I know it was a free for all on us east for a while yesterday at least

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I thought it was intentional that they opened up all servers? Didn’t they explicitly say they were doing that somewhere?

I know it was a free for all on us east for a while yesterday at least

It was intentional: https://forums.playlostark.com/t/an-additional-update-to-character-creation-limits/86532

Feeling some whiplash on their decision making. And their notifying of things happening could use some improvement

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

So the class bonus engraving says "not acquired" when I try to equip it and also 3/20. Do I assume this means I have to get to 20/20 for it to be considered acquired?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

So the class bonus engraving says "not acquired" when I try to equip it and also 3/20. Do I assume this means I have to get to 20/20 for it to be considered acquired?

Yes. Go back to the purple quest line from Thenian kingman if you want to get the other 17 early free books you missed

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Good Citizen posted:

Yes. Go back to the purple quest line from Thenian kingman if you want to get the other 17 early free books you missed

Naturally, ty

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
drat, it's looking like I shouldn't have created on Rohendel last night when it was my only option.

Is Mari the only guild place? I think I'm seeing that on Discord.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

After you get your 2nd Ark, it seems like you go quite awhile before you obtain your 3rd. When does it happen? You're suppose to collect 7 of them. Just going through the motions of completing the World quests.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I said come in! posted:

After you get your 2nd Ark, it seems like you go quite awhile before you obtain your 3rd. When does it happen? You're suppose to collect 7 of them. Just going through the motions of completing the World quests.

Third island doesn’t have the third ark. It’s on the fourth I think. I think you can’t get the 5th until you break the ilvl460 barrier?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Made a mage cause I heard something about panties and yet I am running around with pants on, what gives.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jesus, Lost Ark has 1,275,656 players In-Game right now. Making it the biggest launch in Steam history I think?

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Turtle Island is full of Tortoises. AMAZON GAMES!!!!!!!!

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Are shop costumes transferable between characters if they're the same class? Might stick to male gunners if that's the case.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Diephoon posted:

Are shop costumes transferable between characters if they're the same class? Might stick to male gunners if that's the case.
Depending on cosmetic, it's same class or same base class.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Jesus, Lost Ark has 1,275,656 players In-Game right now. Making it the biggest launch in Steam history I think?

I think so, yes.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Grimdude posted:

drat, it's looking like I shouldn't have created on Rohendel last night when it was my only option.

Is Mari the only guild place? I think I'm seeing that on Discord.

Yeah, I selected a server I thought was it last night, but apparently not? And it appears smilegate never did server transfers as a feature, which means the grind out to 29 so far is.. eh right now.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
How are people liking Scrapper,? Fist punching classes are usually my jam but I've heard some mixed reviews.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

shimmy shimmy posted:

How are people liking Scrapper,? Fist punching classes are usually my jam but I've heard some mixed reviews.

Scrapper is amazing, quick, only class with double dash, and hits hard

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

ColdIronsBound posted:

Mari according to the Discord

Yes, West coast goons are all on Mari

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Seriously considering burning a power pass on that three sword class

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i'm on valtan because i didn't know mari was the goon server. you can still do dungeons and raids and stuff with goons but you miss out on stuff like strongholds and some lesser content. not the end of the world. might not be a bad idea to make some smaller goon guilds on other servers anyway tbh, i dont think mari will open up for a LONG time.

edit: nevermind i can make poo poo on mari

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Please join us on the discord if you haven’t already.

https://discord.gg/wrkzRgjW

Noirex
May 30, 2006

How is Bard solo wise? I like her skills, but is her dps good for killing poo poo long term wise?

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
I’m guessing that technically less populated servers are better from the point of less competition for shared resources?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Noirex posted:

How is Bard solo wise? I like her skills, but is her dps good for killing poo poo long term wise?

It's been tough, but doable so far. I'm still pretty early on ~lvl 20 though so ymmv

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kaaj posted:

I’m guessing that technically less populated servers are better from the point of less competition for shared resources?

Doesn't matter because every zone has a population limit and then creates a new channel. Which makes me wonder why there is a need for a queue or multiple servers period.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
God drat it why did i log out while I had dinner. Hour long queue to get back in

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

kaaj posted:

haven't had any issues with queuing on una within eu hours. meanwhile i saw a european streamer be in line 8000 on eu servers

depends on whether you play at regional peak hours

i don't know if popular servers make a huge difference within the same region, and i imagine the devs came to a similar conclusion by allowing registrations on popular servers

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Everyone is talking about arks and I'm at Lv 35 and no idea that there were even arks in the game lol

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

If any goons landed on Shandi, that’s where my irl bud I play with ended up so that’s where I am too. We can make a guild of three!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Adolf Glitter posted:

Everyone is talking about arks and I'm at Lv 35 and no idea that there were even arks in the game lol

this game is 3-4 years old, I'm wondering if it actually has a coherent story behind the awful translation and "we grabbed cool poo poo from lots of nerd places" class design

like do they have some kind of running narrative for updates? or do they just slap viva pinatas on the store and add another endless dungeon texture pack?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

So how are controller players liking this so far

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

For anyone already at 50 — are there folks in the matchmaking queue for chaos dungeons? Like, I know that’s the easy soloable content, but even the leveling dungeons have been more fun in a group.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Google Butt posted:

So how are controller players liking this so far

I switched to mkb :v:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

victrix posted:

I switched to mkb :v:

dam

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Hefty posted:

For anyone already at 50 — are there folks in the matchmaking queue for chaos dungeons? Like, I know that’s the easy soloable content, but even the leveling dungeons have been more fun in a group.

I’ve never had to wait more than 30sec for chaos dungeon matchmaking at any item level so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Noirex posted:

It's fine. Bard is fairly boring to level because she effectively casts AoEs that tick things to death. Which is a bit different from something like berserker that one shots everything while moving ahead at full speed or most of the other dps classes. Lots of the msq time is running around and pressing g though, so it's not as big of a deal. Especially if you haven't done it before -- the time difference is neligible for people who aren't speed running but the fun level might be higher on other classes.

For a first character, I'd recommend a dps and then once you unlock the vern passes boost up a bard if you want one and switch to it as a main. But, it's up to you. Playing support solo isn't miserable in this game it's just a bit slower (minute(s) in chaos dungeons, an hour or two for the msq).