Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

HackensackBackpack posted:

Does this mean it's possible the morbol in a dress is in there? Has anyone seen one?

I will forever regret not sniping one when it was 1.5 mil back when Pagos was current (I only had about 1.5 mil at the time so it would have been all of my money) because now it's rarely cheaper than 30m and I'm not spending that much.

yeah, i got a copycat bulb from a gc box a couple weeks ago, and they're about ~16m on excal right now but they very rarely move, so i'm still debating whether i want to use it or not :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

The Tsukuyomi fight kicks a ton of rear end holy poo poo. Visually, musically, mechanically all of it is so good.

Also gently caress Asahi

That was a great ex, cool weapons to boot

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

HackensackBackpack posted:

Does this mean it's possible the morbol in a dress is in there? Has anyone seen one?

I'm loving sorry, the loving what?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Bleck posted:

I'm loving sorry, the loving what?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

my queen

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Gnossiennes posted:

yeah, i got a copycat bulb from a gc box a couple weeks ago, and they're about ~16m on excal right now but they very rarely move, so i'm still debating whether i want to use it or not :negative:

yeah, out of curiosity I checked couerl. Bout 10 for sale at 40mil, historically they sell for 10. Maybe 5 per month actually change hands it seems. I'd personally throw it up at the historical price rather than the 40 just in the interest of it actually moving.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

My god she's beautiful

I now have two nigh-unobtainable Morbol things that will forever taunt me. This sucks.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I had no idea you could get that from the gacha boxes and alls i can say right now is: thanks for the luck apparently

First box i tried today.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Runa posted:

I remember when some of the fanbase had mixed reactions to Shiva's second-phase theme way back in the day.

In retrospect it's not even particularly out of place as far as primal themes go, I guess at the time people just weren't prepared for soken to just keep going weird, fun places.

Little did people know that "Phase 2 with the power of ROCK" would become the standard. Titan should've clued them in, it's never been one of my faves but I love how each leap changes the music and builds on itself until Under the Weight just explodes.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

a kitten posted:

I had no idea you could get that from the gacha boxes and alls i can say right now is: thanks for the luck apparently

First box i tried today.

:aaaaa:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I need to read a squadron guide so I can finally get the last few ranks. Congrats!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
It's always a joy to introduce a player to something they didn't know about and see their excitement. Like the time I introduced someone in one of the Excal goon FCs back in the day to the Owlsight AST weapon from PvP, which looks like it's made out of sticks and has little owls on it. They were so happy.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Bruceski posted:

Little did people know that "Phase 2 with the power of ROCK" would become the standard. Titan should've clued them in, it's never been one of my faves but I love how each leap changes the music and builds on itself until Under the Weight just explodes.

"Leviathan, Leviathan!" is still the peak of XIV lyrics.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FFXIV adjacent: going to be interesting when one of the top ffxiv streamers finds herself dealing with being very near the front lines of a war. IIRC Zepla has still not left her home near Kiev, and time is rapidly running out to do so. Waiting on something like pet passports, but its looking like she might run out of time on those. Apparently Asahi TV in Japan interviewed her today and asked about it. She said the whole thing is very very surreal, being caught up in news.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

just got the 85 dungeon unlocked

... fuckin' hell

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

... fuckin' hell

:getin:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

... fuckin' hell

I think I did the 85 dungeon? Yeah it's a trip. I'm enjoying all of the EW dungeons so far.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ciaphas posted:

... fuckin' hell

Welcome to Shadowbringers.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

orange juche posted:

FFXIV adjacent: going to be interesting when one of the top ffxiv streamers finds herself dealing with being very near the front lines of a war. IIRC Zepla has still not left her home near Kiev, and time is rapidly running out to do so. Waiting on something like pet passports, but its looking like she might run out of time on those. Apparently Asahi TV in Japan interviewed her today and asked about it. She said the whole thing is very very surreal, being caught up in news.

Yeah I've been kind of following her story, she was interviewed by Vice as well. She has a dog and a cat and the US doesn't allow them in without a bunch of paperwork cause Ukraine is considered a high rabies risk country, and she's not willing to burden someone else with them temporarily in case things go to total poo poo so she's waiting. She's a US citizen so leaving is not really a problem for her per se, but timing is.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just did the Jade Stoa, this all started cause I wanted to help clear the Scion ledger. :psyduck:

drat it Alphinaud.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just did the Jade Stoa, this all started cause I wanted to help clear the Scion ledger. :psyduck:

drat it Alphinaud.

Alphinaud, the cause of, and solution to, all of Life's problems.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

... fuckin' hell

stopping for the night after having done said dungeon and a bit of the followup

... fuckin' hell

(e) also, drat alisaie i'm a melee deeps i can do the lb on bosses :mad:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 13, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

never have i felt more weird interrupting ongoing msq to e.g. do the cactpot lmao

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

orange juche posted:

I think I did the 85 dungeon? Yeah it's a trip. I'm enjoying all of the EW dungeons so far.

I think this is maybe the worst set of leveling dungeons they've ever done but I want to stress that I loved all of them my first time through. But god there's so many forced single pulls in every single one. Also a ton of really long pulls which isn't a problem in a normal group but it really fucks with trusts. At least all 3 experts rip, and if nothing else most of the end bosses of the levelling dungeons are really sweet.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

It's time to get Catfished in the Heavensward LP! ...Wait, that's not right...

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

Speaking of, I rolled into the Shiva trial with some sprouts the other day. That trial still kicks rear end, and being there for a sprout's first encounter with it is a good time.

when I first did it someone in the party was really adamant that I crank my volume up for it

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ringo Roadagain posted:

when I first did it someone in the party was really adamant that I crank my volume up for it

People get all wild about who's going to get stepped on sometimes

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I'm more concerned with timing my /megaflare so I get frozen at the peak of the jump.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just came across an interesting bug (honestly maybe the only bug I can remember encountering in this game).

Ever since leaving this Castrum run I've had the notification about turning the cannons on Livia popping up. It has been like 15 minutes and hasn't stopped yet.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Well? Are you gonna do it or not???

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Them cannons ain't gonna turn themselves kiddo.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

bring sajuuk to bear

orange juche posted:

it's the most important part of the fight :colbert:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
If you don't wanna get stepped I'm not sure you can really call yourself an FF14 fan

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

I just came across an interesting bug (honestly maybe the only bug I can remember encountering in this game).

Ever since leaving this Castrum run I've had the notification about turning the cannons on Livia popping up. It has been like 15 minutes and hasn't stopped yet.

this is because someone spent the entire livia fight spam-clicking on the cannons. it will eventually stop.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

this is because someone spent the entire livia fight spam-clicking on the cannons. it will eventually stop.

Well now I know what I'm doing next Praetorium.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Nipponophile posted:

Well now I know what I'm doing next Praetorium.

You weren't already? There's also no cooldown on such actions.

Do what you will with that info.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I was looking up how people play complex songs using the in-game instruments, and now I sort of want to try transcribing some stuff myself.

I wonder how controller is for actually actively playing stuff. I imagine the keyboard is probably better since the way keys are staggered approximates the sharp/flat keys. So it could be used like a weird little keyboard.

Kerrzhe posted:

Ahhh, that makes sense.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Ytlaya posted:

I was looking up how people play complex songs using the in-game instruments, and now I sort of want to try transcribing some stuff myself.

I wonder how controller is for actually actively playing stuff. I imagine the keyboard is probably better since the way keys are staggered approximates the sharp/flat keys. So it could be used like a weird little keyboard.

Ahhh, that makes sense.
everyone you hear playing recognizable songs is just using Bard Music Player.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gobbeldygook posted:

everyone you hear playing recognizable songs is just using Bard Music Player.

I've encountered 2-3 people who are actual pianists who use a MIDI input to hook their keyboards to their computer and jam out, but yes 95% of the people playing something recognizable are just using a midi file.

Source: actually had one of the 3 offer to play music for me over discord, and listened to them in discord voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

orange juche posted: