Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
they've seen some... RAW THRILLS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Switzerland posted:

they've seen some... RAW THRILLS

Probably more worried about the karaoke Wednesdays.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Bjornsson came into my restaurant I was cooking at at the time and got "lunch". He ate 56oz of steak and 1.5# of grilled asparagus lol

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Bjornsson came into my restaurant I was cooking at at the time and got "lunch". He ate 56oz of steak and 1.5# of grilled asparagus lol

That's 1.5kg of steak and 680g of asparagus for those who want it in the Icelandic numbering system.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Gotta hit my macros boss

(Sorry, makros, in metric)

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Inceltown posted:

That's 1.5kg of steak and 680g of asparagus for those who want it in the Icelandic numbering system.

Pardon my French but what the hell is a centimeter

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

credburn posted:

These seats look loving terrified.

Go play that Twilight Zone pinball it's really cool

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

crime fighting hog posted:

A percent of a meter. It's right there in the name.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

credburn posted:

These seats look loving terrified.

This game was the poo poo when it came out. Then they seemingly all broke and none of the owners cared to repair them.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Could be the manufacturer doesn't/can't make spare parts for them except at egregious prices. A lot of arcade machines to get spare parts you have to scrounge eBay because the manufacturer went out of business or doesn't have the part needed in stock.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It really seems like something that 3d printer should come to the rescue imo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

Could be the manufacturer doesn't/can't make spare parts for them except at egregious prices. A lot of arcade machines to get spare parts you have to scrounge eBay because the manufacturer went out of business or doesn't have the part needed in stock.

This is literally the main plot of Wreck-it Ralph 2. They have to find a part for the arcade machine that's out of production and hijinks ensue.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This is literally the main plot of Wreck-it Ralph 2. They have to find a part for the arcade machine that's out of production and hijinks ensue.

I've seen that movie but I forgot all about that. It was the steering wheel for the little girl's game, right?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

I've seen that movie but I forgot all about that. It was the steering wheel for the little girl's game, right?

Yeah, Ralph makes a new track which causes the player to freak-out and destroy the steering wheel, which the arcade owner just shrugs and says "guess I gotta buy a new one oh wait it's too expensive, I'll just unplug the game"

IIRC, anyway, it's been a year. My kid loves it tho!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

I'm pretty sure this is a big reason why most barcades and revival arcades will always have the poo poo that was cheap and mass-produced like loving whoa-- The Simpsons Arcade, Centipede, maybe a Street Fighter 2-- but none of the really cool mid to late 90s poo poo. No D&D: Mystara, no Soul Calibur, no House of the Dead 2. No at best you maybe get Area 51 and Crusin' World.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Not much, what the hell is centimeter with you?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

mind the walrus posted:

I'm pretty sure this is a big reason why most barcades and revival arcades will always have the poo poo that was cheap and mass-produced like loving whoa-- The Simpsons Arcade, Centipede, maybe a Street Fighter 2-- but none of the really cool mid to late 90s poo poo. No D&D: Mystara, no Soul Calibur, no House of the Dead 2. No at best you maybe get Area 51 and Crusin' World.

The best ones still have these.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PqjBPGAFo0

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Welcome to the International Swamp Olympics! Featuring Hoppin' Harry and Jumpin' Jack!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Jaxyon posted:

I missed tallchat but I wanted an excuse to post my favorite tallpic

The tiny manlet in the center of the three is Hafthor Bjornsson, the Mountain on Game of Thrones.

Ah, yes, the brothers Hafthor, Fulthor, and Threequarthor. :v:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Perestroika posted:

Ah, yes, the brothers Hafthor, Fulthor, and Threequarthor. :v:

Small, medium, and family sized.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Our local barcade imported a bunch of japanese arcade games and it rules. Sure they all say "not meant to be played outside of Japan" but whatever

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Who's going to stop you

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Who's going to stop you

Yakuza.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Those are console

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
I was an arcade/pinball tech for 7 years. The scary part of that cabinet is not the game, but the number of people who try to get it on in there. The walking dead version is even worse, because it just has a bench. Go to at least a car for loving, people, there’s more room there.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Domus posted:

I was an arcade/pinball tech for 7 years. The scary part of that cabinet is not the game, but the number of people who try to get it on in there. The walking dead version is even worse, because it just has a bench. Go to at least a car for loving, people, there’s more room there.

I mean who doesn't want to get it on while pixilated zombies watch you. Just the ultimate aphrodisiac right there.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Domus posted:

Now that's what I call raw thrills.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

mind the walrus posted:

The arcade I used to work in had a mix of common and rare cabinets. Most of the really common ones were multi-game cabs like Pandora's Box or everything Namco ever made, or the cocktail machines running Raspberry Pi emulators that had all the classics like Pac-Man, DigDug, Galaga, Gyruss etc... But we had some rarities like original Dragon's Lair, Battlezone, and SmashTV. The problem is exactly that; the rare stuff is exceedingly difficult to find parts for, so when it gets broken it's out of commission for a longer time or permanently, and some generic mass-produced emulator bullshit from the dickhead owner's warehouse goes in its place.

It was a sad day when we removed the two linked Maximum Tune racing cabinets, and replaced them with brand-new MarioKart cabs. MarioKart. A game already for children, watered down even further for the arcade version. Dumbass drunk adults loved it, though, and I had to break up at least one fistfight over it. loving MarioKart.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

It really seems like something that 3d printer should come to the rescue imo

That's fine for replacing small plastic parts, but you can't 3d print electronics, so if the failures are in, say, the button/stick sensors, or the game logic board, or the screen, that will not help at all.

3d printers are not magical Star Trek replicators; they're tools that produce plastic objects within certain limitations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

ToxicFrog posted:

That's fine for replacing small plastic parts, but you can't 3d print electronics, so if the failures are in, say, the button/stick sensors, or the game logic board, or the screen, that will not help at all.

3d printers are not magical Star Trek replicators; they're tools that produce plastic objects within certain limitations.

The first 3d printed working LED was made in 2014. 3d printing electronics is possible, but obviously it's at its infancy, we don't know if it will ever become a practical alternative, and this doesn't mean that you can just print any electronics, including spare parts for a 1990's arcade machine.

2d printed electronics are actually a really old thing so it's not surprising that 3d printing could be used for this, but there's still a lot to do before it's any use.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Nenonen posted:

The first 3d printed working LED was made in 2014. 3d printing electronics is possible, but obviously it's at its infancy, we don't know if it will ever become a practical alternative, and this doesn't mean that you can just print any electronics, including spare parts for a 1990's arcade machine.

2d printed electronics are actually a really old thing so it's not surprising that 3d printing could be used for this, but there's still a lot to do before it's any use.

did you seriously "but actually" someone saying that 3D printers are not Star Trek replicators? lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They said you couldn't 3d print electronics, if you can that's like... a valid correction?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Isn't 2D electronics printing technically 3D, and just very thin layers? Also, that is a valid correction

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
All printing is 3d, as our world has 3 spacial dimensions.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Are the cucumbers there in case the date fails?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

"This is your CUE (cumber) to gently caress"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zil posted:

Are the cucumbers there in case the date fails?

If you have trouble satisfying your partner with your love sausage, see if they'd be interested in trying an alternative substitute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem