Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Sedisp posted:

I kinda want to fly something other than a rattlesnake. How are the Syn or Osaka as player ships?

Syn's my personal favorite L but I think that's in part because they're the only ones that can reasonably exist in NPC hands for any period of time due to the grace of "a fuckton of L Plasma turrets set to fire on capships regardless of how poo poo the NPC driver is" so they're actually around to jump into during a battle, whereas the rattlesnakes just dissolve if anyone sneezes on them and all of the rest of the larges have uh, issues

if you want one as a daily driver make sure you throw on some good mods to take the rotation speed from "excrutiatingly slow" to merely "pretty bad"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

I want an Asgard to float around the galaxy in, but I have to make it myself yeah?

So I need the production module and the blueprint, is there anything else outside of a lot of money?

Gonna put beam weapons on everything and turn it into a discoball.

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007

Trenchdeep posted:

I want an Asgard to float around the galaxy in, but I have to make it myself yeah?

So I need the production module and the blueprint, is there anything else outside of a lot of money?

Gonna put beam weapons on everything and turn it into a discoball.

If you want to be really daring you could always try boarding one of the intervention Asgards heading into Xenon space. Or in Terran space. :yarr:

Otherwise yes, all you need are the blueprints for the Asgard, the module blueprints for it (don't forget the big gun blueprint!), and an XL Fab module in your shipyard.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Board it. I found an Asgard that only had missile turrets and no missiles and it was basically free to take over.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Turning off save game compression and instead saving on a file system with transparent compression has cut my save times in half without increasing space usage.

I really ought to send them a message imploring them to move from zlib to zstd or lz4…

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Antigravitas posted:

Turning off save game compression and instead saving on a file system with transparent compression has cut my save times in half without increasing space usage.

I really ought to send them a message imploring them to move from zlib to zstd or lz4…

You should totally message them! They were super responsive in helping debug issues on the 3000 series nVidia cards that I had.

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Wouldn't this torpedo my rep? Or do I just have to go on a brief holiday on the other side of the galaxy for a bit.

Going to be honest, I've never even looked into boarding, I'm still working my way through setting up stations and research

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Boarding really doesn't hurt your rep if you don't fire weapons; you need to overwhelm the crew of whatever ship you're boarding and they will be hostile to only the ships involved in the boarding, but that is on a pretty short timer so you just fly the hell away. Don't shoot engines or anything like that, it'll count as a kill and then they'll be really mad.

It sort of feels like a bug that people don't give a drat if you board their ships after 5 minutes but also.. it's fun as hell.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Less Fat Luke posted:

Boarding really doesn't hurt your rep if you don't fire weapons; you need to overwhelm the crew of whatever ship you're boarding and they will be hostile to only the ships involved in the boarding, but that is on a pretty short timer so you just fly the hell away. Don't shoot engines or anything like that, it'll count as a kill and then they'll be really mad.

It sort of feels like a bug that people don't give a drat if you board their ships after 5 minutes but also.. it's fun as hell.

I thought you had to shoot out the shields and engines so the marines would even try? At the least, mine wouldn't until I did.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I thought you had to shoot out the shields and engines so the marines would even try? At the least, mine wouldn't until I did.

I think there's an option you can change to define when they attempt the boarding. By default it needs the ship to have shields down, X% damage taken, etc.
But I'm PRETTY sure you can just set it to board immediately, regardless of the target ship's condition. It's been a while for me, hough

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Yep exactly. You need an overwhelming force though if you’re not weakening the target first. One or two large transports full of marines will capture most L class ships but the Asgard has a much bigger crew complement.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I had tried that setting once but they just never attempted to launch :shrug:

Still an improvement over eyeballing the boarding pods though lmao

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

RBA Starblade posted:

I had tried that setting once but they just never attempted to launch :shrug:

Still an improvement over eyeballing the boarding pods though lmao

It's "set both options to Very Strong and make sure you're flying, not an NPC"

either option set to anything less means they'll just patiently wait until you run down enough hull or kill enough turrets, respectively

also 5.00 beta 3 dropped

quote:

This week, we'd especially like to draw your attention to the new player office, which was introduced in the first 5.00 beta. We've received a lot of feedback on this over the past few weeks and, based on that feedback, we've taken it up a notch by allowing you to use SETA while sitting in your office or standing at a terminal.

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

So I bought this while it was on sale. Any advice before I dive in or just go for it and it’ll be good?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Playing the tutorial is a good idea other than that go for it.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Betty Wight posted:

So I bought this while it was on sale. Any advice before I dive in or just go for it and it’ll be good?

It should be fine, whatever start you take will supply you with a ship, fly around a bit until you find the big ring highway and sit on that for a loop and explore, most starts should let you do the Hatikva plot as it should pop up as you pass through Hatikva., which will imediately net you another small ship.

Save every so often and just do whatever wacky stuff takes your fancy; other ways of opening plots involve raising your standings with the respective factions, you can also find some simple missions by looking at stations and clicking on the (I think gold?) mission icon.
Plot progression is up to you most of the time.

Presently (aside from the Xenon and Kha'ak) the only faction you cannot raise standings with are the Scale Plate Pact who are locked at -5.
Standings gate access to nicer ships and equipment, unless you wish to take them by force, as we are talking about with the Terran ship above via Boarding.
L & XL size ships need to be boarded by marines, wheras Small and Medium ships require harrrassing. every time you shoot the ship, (hull at or below 75%) there is a small chance some of the crew will bail, eventually the pilot will as well, and it will turn from red to neutral, allowing you to claim it.
Trade with a faction raises your standings with them, murking the Xenon or Kha'ak near (under 25km) a station will also raise your standings with the owner of the station, in case your standings with the faction are so low you or your other ships can't dock to trade.
When you have enough space cash, getting a few mining ships going and automining will give you a gradual income.
Personally; I tend to buy a few small trade ships when I can spare the cash, check the captains who come with the ships to see if they have enough skill to autotrade, and send the group to a factions heartland to gradually grind standings via trade, at first you might only have one captain who has the 3 stars for AT, but you can set the rest to follow that ship, and that will slowly improve the captains enough for them to also trade.

E: captains, well, all crew, gradually get better at their thing if the ship is activly doing stuff, in the above case, following another vessel around, however, most people agree that this skill gain is glacial, that can be ameliorated by giving the captain books to read, or mods (you put them into the extentions folder )to speed up the learning process, which is based (or was) on some p. odd math. overall, aside from skill learning and maybe "legalize it" I'd keep mods to a minimum for a while.

staberind fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Feb 4, 2022

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

Betty Wight posted:

Most important thing is to NEVER look at what your npcs do. Everything works better if the player isn't there. Especially mining and docking/undocking, npc pathfinding is mediocre at best. If the player can't see it then everything just gets calculated with no regard to collision etc.

There's also a setting in the Game Settings menu called "Maintain speed in Menus", set this to on, otherwise every time you look at the map your ship will stop.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

It's "set both options to Very Strong and make sure you're flying, not an NPC"

either option set to anything less means they'll just patiently wait until you run down enough hull or kill enough turrets, respectively

Ohh that's why, I told my pilots to do it

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
As well as not grinding to a stop while the menu is open, you might also want to "set control mode (expert)" to off, as its sort of redundant.
a good third of the game is probably going to be spent on the map screen, whether its open for a few seconds to set a destination, or open for a solid half hour as you work out the joys of station building.

at the top of the screen you should see some Icons, the first on the left is settings save/load quit etc
the next is not actually a gentlemans toilet button, although you could be forgiven for making that mistake, its all about you and your growing empire of sla... er, people you employed for life less than the price of a hamburger.
when you hit that, you get another menu on the left, here you can change the name of your player and corporation/faction/clan/whatever, and set a default ship skin of your faction/clan etc, you can also choose a symbol for this group that gets plopped on all your ships automatically.
also if you slide down on the left, you will find the globals button, I'd recommend familiarising yourself with that as well as all the map controls while in the map on the Right side of the screen, for instance, if you have travelled around a bit and need to buy something like antimatter cells, for instance, the map can show you where to get some, and for what price if you passed a station selling them recently (stations with lots of stock are going to be much cheaper than a station with barely any.)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like to imagine if you board with the shields up the marines just fly into them like a bug zapper until the thing shorts out.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

I like to imagine if you board with the shields up the marines just fly into them like a bug zapper until the thing shorts out.

Zapp Brannigan strats

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I now have two fleets of Asgards liberating all Split factions from the Xenon. Of course, I can build admin centers faster than them, and the Xenon sectors are mighty plentiful :v:

I'd really just call it a day here but I want to get things in shape for the next expansion, though I think there's not much else to advance to beyond terraforming. I'm about to unify the Paranid too, but I can double pump Asgards so nothing is a threat lmao

e: I now control 14 sectors lmao. The Teladi and Split share a couple but otherwise no one really moves in (even though there are more with their stations in it, so who knows). The Paranid are unified, Rhak is still useless but (sort of) secure, the Curbs and Free Families never did anything, and the Terran, Antigone, and Argon are in a cold war. The Xenon have been pushed back (but the Yaki still need to be rescued, I have seven Asgards but most are on defense so that's just a matter of time).The Teladi don't matter and are in desperate need of some sort of overhaul, they're really a non-factor in the game right now. I can't wait for the next expansion!

The TRI Total War is a bloodbath lmao, I reasoned it as the guy screwing me over not be particularly trustworthy but to be honest it was just to get things moving again

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 9, 2022

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Station management is driving me insane. Nothing makes sense, either in how it sounds like it works or how it's actually working.

Why do stations set to only buy from my faction (as in me, not the NPC faction) have an expected budget? AND WHY IN THE HELL DOES IT SOMETIMES SPEND ITS BUDGET?!

Why if I make a collective mining station (station with just a dock and storage with miner ships as both miners and traders) does the station not switch miners that are doing nothing because the resource is full to other resources that are only half full in the station? This is worse than micromanagement hell!

Why do I have maxed out ore but drastically empty silicon within trading range of previously noted mining station, in a sector with plenty of silicon, and a dozen assigned traders (mineral ships) who are doing nothing with the failure note that they can't find a deal?

And while I'm on the rant, why the hell are transfers to the station budget counted as a formal transaction in the log book? Why the hell do I have to manually subtract that out just to figure out if the station is profitable or not!?

I've mostly just gone back to entirely self-supplied resources because trying to work out the value of a station with NPC trading is practically impossible unless I'm missing some key little indicator. And I'm about to go back to one mega-station to rule them all now matter how much I hate it because trying to manage multiple stations is more painful than micromanaging everything.

Edit:
Side more reaonable question, I'm about to restart and want to play an X experience but might actually lose my poo poo over this station poo poo in X4. Debating whether to restart an X4 game with some mods or maybe go back to X3 even if I'll hate myself dealing with the interface. If I do go to X3, is Farnham's Legacy worth playing or should I just build my own setup with individual mods?

nessin fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 13, 2022

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

nessin posted:

Why do stations set to only buy from my faction (as in me, not the NPC faction) have an expected budget? AND WHY IN THE HELL DOES IT SOMETIMES SPEND ITS BUDGET?!

Because your stations have individual accounts, separate from your player account. You can transfer money in and out at will but I think the compartmentalization is so that stations can't drain your whole coffers and then your empire shuts down.

nessin posted:

Why if I make a collective mining station (station with just a dock and storage with miner ships as both miners and traders) does the station not switch miners that are doing nothing because the resource is full to other resources that are only half full in the station? This is worse than micromanagement hell!

They should do this, though they do not actively attempt to keep all resources at the same level, if a resource becomes full it should not generate mining missions for that resource, I generally find my big megamine depot works quite well but I also give it shitloads of ships and a fair bit of storage too, so I think it averages out to working OK. If you're running on small margins it might not work so well.

nessin posted:

Why do I have maxed out ore but drastically empty silicon within trading range of previously noted mining station, in a sector with plenty of silicon, and a dozen assigned traders (mineral ships) who are doing nothing with the failure note that they can't find a deal?

How are your buy/sell offers set up? You do need to make it so that your stations will buy at a price their counterparts are willing to sell at, even within your faction, because of the aforementioned individual station accounts. You can either set up the prices to be very close/identical and restrict all trade, or you can set up a manual repeating transfer using something like an L sized mining ship as a freighter, which I think will not use any money and will just repeat endlessly, this should shift a lot of ores and I think you can set up mimic orders to add more capacity too later on.

nessin posted:

And while I'm on the rant, why the hell are transfers to the station budget counted as a formal transaction in the log book? Why the hell do I have to manually subtract that out just to figure out if the station is profitable or not!?

I think you can filter specifically transfers in the log if you want to see the net change, but generally I find the economic graphs to be a good indicator of this, a profitable station should generally look like a zigzag line trending up, followed by a cliff as it trips the transfer limit and dumps it into your personal account. Most stations are profitable anyway and if they aren't my usual suggestion would just be more vertical integration, add the previous or subsequent production step.

nessin posted:

I've mostly just gone back to entirely self-supplied resources because trying to work out the value of a station with NPC trading is practically impossible unless I'm missing some key little indicator. And I'm about to go back to one mega-station to rule them all now matter how much I hate it because trying to manage multiple stations is more painful than micromanaging everything.

Self supply is certainly a good idea, but you can supplement with NPCs if you want, I usually run mixed supply with a big fleet of miners, but I will also buy whatever the NPCs want to sell if the price gets too high. Generally the best way to do mixed economy is to rely on the auto pricing or the "buy if below, sell if above" feature to make use of any big surpluses in your production chain and prop up any shortages. Then filter your logs to look for any of those actually happening and decide if you want to expand production above or below in the chain to get rid of them, as it is always preferable to supply your own materials or refine goods further, rather than buying or selling at any given level.

Megastations are just... better, honestly, because the whole economy is entirely integrated, and the big resource sinks are the final finish parts for shipbuilding. I think if the economy was more fragmented that would help because you wouldn't have a reason to build literally everything on one station, you could have at least different stations for each product chain. As it stands though there is really only one chain and you always want to produce as many steps of it as possible, and feed them into each other, and the more you do this the more multiplied your profits get.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 13, 2022

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I have now claimed and conquered the Xenon occupied territory in the north including the old Zyarth sectors and I'm terraforming with minimal loss. I control 20 sectors. I win lmao

I may just go ahead and do a new game for the next expansion unless I decide to just conquer the galaxy. Only the Terrans could really stop me now and I have a dozen more Asgards.

They really, REALLY need to overhaul everyone else, but it's been a real good ride. I miss a ton from X3 but I could never go back now except fleetingly like with FL

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 13, 2022

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

How are your buy/sell offers set up? You do need to make it so that your stations will buy at a price their counterparts are willing to sell at, even within your faction, because of the aforementioned individual station accounts. You can either set up the prices to be very close/identical and restrict all trade, or you can set up a manual repeating transfer using something like an L sized mining ship as a freighter, which I think will not use any money and will just repeat endlessly, this should shift a lot of ores and I think you can set up mimic orders to add more capacity too later on.

The problem with the manual setup is it leaves all those records of individual ships in your property view, which is as annoying if not more so than all the problems I'm having with station management.

How can I get all my resources into a couple stations (specific trading station and ship production), entirely using my own supply chain, while:

1) Keeping my property list down to military ships I haven't put in a fleet
2) Preventing situations where I've got a trading station with a buy order (restricted to own faction) for Silicon Carbide and a Silicon Carbide station having 15k in storage (with sell order restricted to own faction) in the same system but the trading station trader's say they can't find any deal?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

nessin posted:

The problem with the manual setup is it leaves all those records of individual ships in your property view, which is as annoying if not more so than all the problems I'm having with station management.

How can I get all my resources into a couple stations (specific trading station and ship production), entirely using my own supply chain, while:

1) Keeping my property list down to military ships I haven't put in a fleet
2) Preventing situations where I've got a trading station with a buy order (restricted to own faction) for Silicon Carbide and a Silicon Carbide station having 15k in storage (with sell order restricted to own faction) in the same system but the trading station trader's say they can't find any deal?

Honestly, just install the Mule mod. Supply mules for setting up and providing resources to your own stations, travel mules for selling stuff to the AI factions from station, station mules for back and forth between two stations (I mostly just used these for energy cells), and distribution mules which are super ignorable but supposed to be for hauling a little of everything to everyone in your network but which kind of happens anyway. They all allow you to work a whole sector but assign to a particular station so there's less clutter. There are ways around it but they're more tedious than not and I still can't get them to reliably work. The closest I got was a general blacklist for trading to anyone but me, and station traders trading for their build storage as well as standard trading, and a couple repeat order guys who never really did it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The mule mod may help yes as it adds in options for just shipping stuff out, but you can make any ship into a fleet by assigning it a subordinate if you want.

If you don't want to use the mule mod the only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is that your traders need to make a "profit" on the trade to consider it viable, so if your well stocked station is not selling at a price your empty station will buy at, that would be why.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

nessin posted:

Side more reaonable question, I'm about to restart and want to play an X experience but might actually lose my poo poo over this station poo poo in X4. Debating whether to restart an X4 game with some mods or maybe go back to X3 even if I'll hate myself dealing with the interface. If I do go to X3, is Farnham's Legacy worth playing or should I just build my own setup with individual mods?

I can recommend Litcube's Mod or Mayhem 3 if you go the X3 route. Litcube is more of a "number go up" sandbox empire building experience with a lot of cool automation features and Mayhem 3 is a 4X with a randomized galaxy generator and its own special mechanics (Some really cool fleet automation, for instance). Litcube is a start from nothing and build your way up kind of game while Mayhem 3 is more focused on getting you into empire management quickly.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So I'm finally just going to jump into the star wars mod. Is there a good all purpose Nemesis esque ship or is it strictly bigger is better?

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

Tides of Avarice release date announced for March 14th.

quote:

Today, we are thrilled to announce that X4: Tides of Avarice, our new expansion for X4: Foundations, will be available from March 14, 2022, along with the major 5.00 update for the base game.

Encountering and interacting with previously unknown, lawless pirate and scavenger factions, will challenge your perception of social order and justice in the X universe. In new sectors and dangerous regions, you will not only discover new ships and stations, but also encounter stellar phenomena that will significantly influence your plans and actions. What is it all about, and who are the mysterious manipulators that have learned to master a rare and vital resource? Your journey will lead you towards the answers. Set out and discover a new chapter of X4: Foundations.

X4: Tides of Avarice will be available for download on March 14, 2022 from 6pm CET [5pm GMT / 1pm EDT / 10am PDT] on Steam and GOG. For more details, visit the expansion's Steam page, where you can now pre-purchase X4: Tides of Avarice or add it to your wishlist.

In the run-up to the release, you can look forward to the following:

February 25, 2022: release of the X4: Tides of Avarice soundtrack
March 1, 2022: first X4: Tides of Avarice press previews and pre-recorded videos from content creators
March 7, 2022: first X4: Tides of Avarice press reviews and livestreams
March 7, 2022: release of the X4: Tides of Avarice launch trailer
March 14, 2022: X4: Tides of Avarice release day

Thank you for your support, and for following us on our journey!

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Hell yeah can't wait!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looking forward to sending the Asgards out there

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
How kind to release it on my birthday

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Apparently Bernd already has a Steam Deck. What a nerd.
(Of course, X4 already runs fine there, but come on…)

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Getting all the factions to fight each other in the plots has resulted in the Xenon taking 3 systems along the main ring highway and everything is going badly for everyone!

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Antigravitas posted:

Apparently Bernd already has a Steam Deck. What a nerd.
(Of course, X4 already runs fine there, but come on…)
Game devs have been able to get their hands on the SDK version for a while to help with compatibility, that's not too surprising.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What's the best way to sweep from Tharka's Crusade to Savage Spur for the Yaki? I've got a loaded Raptor and Tokyo, about 10 Asgards I can field, and an auxiliary ship to maintain them, but even that fleet loses a couple battleships to shipyards and wharfs (stop pushing each other into their turret range, idiots), and that first sector knocking out shields seems rough. Just get a foothold, set up a maintenance dock, and slowly sweep, then keep a carrier in reserve for any attempts to sneak a new defense station in, while popping one down myself along the way?

I know there's no reason to, but there's nothing else to do while terraforming and I'd like to have it done before the dlc lol. I don't plan on restarting now after so much time put into the run (though I may just limit my resources to make the dlc plot more fun)

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The asgards should be able to do it solo with no losses just do it oos and order anyone taking a lot of damage back to regen shields. You will need to give the order early but anyone moving closer it’s probably safe to just order them back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So, for someone who hasn't yet been able to buddy up with the Terrans, what would you say the best ship for destroying defence platforms is? Preferably one that only needs a single ship I can purchase, but if it's good for AI to use without killing themselves, then that's great too. Since so far I've been using the Rattlesnake, which is a good general-purpose offensive player destroyer, but it's still pretty slow to take out defence modules. The main batteries allow me to keep out of range though, which is essential.

Since yeah, my goal at this point is to perform hit-and-run attacks on HOP-occupied PAR space. Take on their main fleet in the sector, then rush over and destroy the defence platform, then retreat before the reinforcing fleets arrive. Then later move in and clean up whatever small patrols remain, then camp the gate to the next HOP sector with my main fleet, while I perform recon (mostly just dropping some Adv Sats and the like around) and wait for an opportune moment to strike.

Right now I think I can get away with taking just one more sector, which will then allow PAR to link up with some of their old sectors down the bottom of the map, which HOP left relatively intact. Once I get it, I think I'll just rush to build a big defence platform by the gate and just focus on not letting anyone through, while PAR rebuild and hopefully get to the point where they can support themselves again.

EDIT: Oh also, are there any recommended ship mods, for this kind of role? I completely forgot about them - I don't think I've even thought about ship mods since I started playing the game, ages ago. Pretty sure my Rattlesnake is 100% stock.

EDIT EDIT: Wow, just looking at ship stats on Rogueys and far out, I didn't realise the Asgard had such a powerful main gun! It's not buyable though, right? Since that would be the perfect ship to knock out HOP stations with, seems like.

If I was to...'borrow' one from the Terrans, what would the rep hit be like? It's been too long since I've engaged in a black boarding op - I know you need to board without damsging the ship and then run, but I don't remember what the penalty is. So yeah, I guess I might need to build up rep with them a little (I'm on an Argon start and haven't had much to do with the Terrans, beyond a few mineral sales from automated miners) to make sure they don't start hating me TOO much.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Feb 25, 2022