Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Phosphine posted:

Uh, I'm pretty sure sex should be quick, mildly awkward and purely for procreation. Otherwise we might as well let the gays marry, and then all the men will divorce their wives so they can have fun sex with their best friends, like all men secretly want right guys.

Av/post combo is pretty golden here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

https://twitter.com/Nautigirl4life/status/1326868802630508546

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Perfect response.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

This is what happens when you learn about diseases from memes

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

did I just have a stroke?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/G_RIDDLES/status/1490977841344778240?t=EcrB4IioC_LtM1soN6odTA&s=19

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Not practicing safe sex when sleeping with someone besides your partner? No never heard of it, must be the vaccine.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I've been trying to download McDonalds from the 5G vaccine chip embedded in my brain and it isn't loving working. Advice please. I got the booster like 3 weeks ago.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

RFC2324 posted:

did I just have a stroke?

No, you have Parkinson's.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Really be interested to learn how that dude thinks Parkinson's works exactly.

Picnic Princess posted:

I've been trying to download McDonalds from the 5G vaccine chip embedded in my brain and it isn't loving working. Advice please. I got the booster like 3 weeks ago.
Well you see, it depends on what brand of booster you got. Each pharma company partnered with a fast food chain, something about brand synergy. You might be trying to get McDonald's, but your shot can only send you Wendy's.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/glennjacobstn/status/1492579008684429316?s=21

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
glad I got the nandos vaccine

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Zero_Grade posted:

Really be interested to learn how that dude thinks Parkinson's works exactly.

Well you see, it depends on what brand of booster you got. Each pharma company partnered with a fast food chain, something about brand synergy. You might be trying to get McDonald's, but your shot can only send you Wendy's.

If I ended up with America A&W I'm going to be pissed.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Kane no...

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Picnic Princess posted:

If I ended up with America A&W I'm going to be pissed.

Burgers just swimming in mayonnaise.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

kirbysuperstar posted:

glad I got the nandos vaccine

was it cheeky?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Mary was the original Throat GOAT.
The Father, the Son, and the Holy GOAT.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Lmao

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I just went hunting for the source, and holy poo poo, dude was defending Elon torturing monkeys to death

:nms:

https://twitter.com/most_opppressed/status/1492383535323361280

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Yeah it's great that weirdos defend the James Bond villain because they're dumb dumbs who think he might eventually figure out benevolent way to use the half-assed tech he hypes.

I've worked for two companies that have been vendors for some of Musk's stuff and know some engineers who have worked adjacent to 'em. It's all a giant shitshow of kitbashed off the shelf stuff and sociopathic managers who openly hate eachother bickering and backstabbing.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
And the monkey stuff came out right after people found out he puts the black employees in a separate building they call "The Plantation."

Which I saw some discourse on Twitter about how that was sorta covered up by the monkey stuff, which if that was on purpose, oof. Like is Tesla at the point in the death spiral where due to how bad the products are they can no longer try to drown out horrific practices with hype, so they have to make meme-able horrific stuff to draw attention away from the poo poo that can get them more then a slap on the wrist?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Even with how lovely the cars are people still seem to be buying them. A lot of tech bros genuinely don't care about that stuff even if they pretend to, or see it as a plus.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Even with how lovely the cars are people still seem to be buying them. A lot of tech bros genuinely don't care about that stuff even if they pretend to, or see it as a plus.

maybe the self drive accidents are a lie and they are just buying it because it gives them plausible deniability for running people over

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Imagine the kind of person who is satisfied with a $40k+ car that loving leaks if you take it through a car wash.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Bismuth posted:

Yeah drat that motherfucker is rough, can you sneak attack an inanimate object? Is it automatically a sneak attack if its inanimate??

Elysiume posted:

They mostly specify the targets for sneak attack (3.5e is "living creature," 5e is "creature," Pathfinder is "opponent" but it's the loosest of the three) which counts objects out, but the lack of discernable anatomy would apply on top of that.

Late to the conversation but the one exception is that you can sneak attack a book. You can backstab things like tomes and grimoires and the like.

After all, a book has a spine. :v:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vandar posted:

After all, a book has a spine. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

A lot of Rogue builds in 3.5 were basically taking the specific Feats that allow you to use your core class feature against some of the most common enemy types in the game.

And then people complained when they threw that out, because it was 'unrealistic'.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

What if they were horribly burnt by their brother as children?

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A lot of Rogue builds in 3.5 were basically taking the specific Feats that allow you to use your core class feature against some of the most common enemy types in the game.

And then people complained when they threw that out, because it was 'unrealistic'.

Not to grog out in the IOSM thread, but to some extent I can see why you couldn't sneak attack a gelatinous cube, but undead? They visibly have weak points, just say you're kneecapping that zombie or something.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

GreenMetalSun posted:

Not to grog out in the IOSM thread, but to some extent I can see why you couldn't sneak attack a gelatinous cube, but undead? They visibly have weak points, just say you're kneecapping that zombie or something.

You're looking at it from the wrong direction, 'unrealistic' in D&D parlance means 'Not the rules of D&D 3.5'.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/Rschooley/status/1492721111125037062

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/Mappvilla/status/1492457475701886978

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Chicks rock

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nana Biden sounds loving awesome.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Jesus. The 'highest' animals I've worked with in lab settings were guinea pigs (literal guinea pigs, not the expression), which are regulated under the FDA. What this means is that there's about ten times the paperwork as compared to say rats, which are not FDA regulated. There's more scrutiny into methodology, more frequent inspections, tighter restrictions, etc. The difference between the two is night and day, for animals that most people would consider fairly similar. I had some colleagues who did work with primates, and the regulations at that level are on another planet. In a just world, crack teams of FDA stormtroopers would be crashing through Musk's skylights as we speak.

Zero_Grade has a new favorite as of 17:54 on Feb 13, 2022

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The planes fart to fly. Duh!
Tesla are building planes now?

Anora posted:

And the monkey stuff came out right after people found out he puts the black employees in a separate building they call "The Plantation."

Which I saw some discourse on Twitter about how that was sorta covered up by the monkey stuff, which if that was on purpose, oof. Like is Tesla at the point in the death spiral where due to how bad the products are they can no longer try to drown out horrific practices with hype, so they have to make meme-able horrific stuff to draw attention away from the poo poo that can get them more then a slap on the wrist?
Every big story you see about Musk and Tesla in the news is SEO to keep something worse off the first page of search results.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Idiots on Social Media: The Poophole Loophole

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

But I loop from there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade