Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I've always wondered about watching golf. Are there stands like that at each hole? Do you park it at one hole all day or do you move through the course along with the golfers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Pron on VHS posted:

Encourage her prepper tendencies. Start rucking with her, put ferro rods on your keychains, buy a takedown rifle and ammo, learn how to track game, practice digging holes, drill applying tourniquets on wet limbs

What does this list of sex acts have to do with prepping

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Spoeank posted:

What does this list of sex acts have to do with prepping

I'll tell you if you ruck my ferro rod.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I didn't know about this and have since watched this run like 10 times today.

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1492539334540603394

This man is trying so, so hard to die.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Braksgirl posted:

I've always wondered about watching golf. Are there stands like that at each hole? Do you park it at one hole all day or do you move through the course along with the golfers?

Not every hole, typically just the last one. Larger tournaments, especially majors, will have bleachers like the ones on the right of the bottom picture. This course is pretty unique in having covered stadium-like stands, though.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

No there's not usually stands. And you can basically watch however you want to - following a group from hole-to-hole or parking and watching everyone come through. Third option at the Phoenix Open is to park somewhere - usually around 16 - and day drink.

This tourney is known for being one big party. We went again today and there were just way, way too many people. Had we not been watching Theegala it would not have been fun at all.

e: according to the pedometer on my phone, I've walked 18.5 miles in the last two days.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 13, 2022

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

That one is the absolute outlier (the Waste Management Open in the Phoenix area), it’s where you have a couple stadium holes full of frat bros yelling at everyone.

https://twitter.com/GOLFonCBS/status/1492617631479779558

harperdc fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 13, 2022

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Watching Interview with the Vampire and Tom Cruise as Lestat is truly one of the great cinematic performances. He's so weirdly unhinged and eats up all the scenery so I will always be here for it. Definitely one of my favorite guilty pleasure movies.

Also helped my mom post bail for my brother since he got picked up for a DUI on the day of our grandparents memorial service and I am very mad that it took this long for us to find out he was in jail and that he won't be released until the 26th even though we've posted the money.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Watching Interview with the Vampire and Tom Cruise as Lestat is truly one of the great cinematic performances. He's so weirdly unhinged and eats up all the scenery so I will always be here for it. Definitely one of my favorite guilty pleasure movies.

Also helped my mom post bail for my brother since he got picked up for a DUI on the day of our grandparents memorial service and I am very mad that it took this long for us to find out he was in jail and that he won't be released until the 26th even though we've posted the money.

They're keeping him in jail (not prison, right?) for 2 weeks, when bail's been posted? What?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Aaron Rogers got Jokerfied

https://twitter.com/bluewirepods/status/1492540208855732233?s=20&t=SnxuPzVsixLdMvzxVqW7TQ

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

You might as well have not posted bail if they’re holding him for two more weeks. I’m surprised he’s even in jail for that long. Not that I’ve had a lot of experience with DUIs, but I thought most people were released after a day for that.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Same energy

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’m at some lovely all inclusive full of Russians and they have an entire line of whale cum for sale

https://twitter.com/formerlyfiz/status/1492848679358767104?s=21

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

I’m at some lovely all inclusive full of Russians and they have an entire line of whale cum for sale

What did it taste like

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

FizFashizzle posted:

I can't believe they sell this! My jaw's been killing me.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

The label says it's handmade, how else would you get it?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

The label says it's handmade, how else would you get it?
It's a natural extract. It's extracted naturally.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Hello football thread, these old VHS tapes on Youtube showed up on my thing this morning and I thought you'd appreciate them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WkGhMJ-Qog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-oQd-UsRU0

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Love Stole the Day posted:

Hello football thread, these old VHS tapes on Youtube showed up on my thing this morning and I thought you'd appreciate them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-oQd-UsRU0
It was acceptable in the 80s.

It was acceptable at the time.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Auctioneer.
Oilman.
Dinosaur bone collector.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Today's the day

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

I wonder if "whale sperm collector" pays like that guy who clean out oil rig septic lines and only works two weeks a year for six figures because it's so hazardous.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Powerful "while you were partying, I studied the blade" energy

General Dog fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 13, 2022

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

:bahgawd: oh my God, cuuuuum

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Sperm is stored in the head :eng101: because the balls are too full of pee

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Phoenix Open is a fun fun fun time

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

That whale has a front trunk.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

“You mean I’ve been jacking off all these whales for nothing?”

-Moby Dick, chapter xlvii

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

General Dog posted:

the destination is never wrong if you enjoyed the journey

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/ellle_em/status/1492787605636853761?s=20&t=9EZtHxOXT9GRTV-c7QWMMg

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I don’t think the story reflects negatively on society as a whole as long as it’s remarkable. If everyone was just like “it sucks but you have to wait, it happens to everyone at some point,” then I guess that would reflect poorly.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I honestly take that story as a mark of progress. Before cell phones that person probably would have just waited until morning, falling asleep in the cold corner of a Subway. At least through the power of polling the internet they felt confident enough to get the fire department involved.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Bird in a Blender posted:

You might as well have not posted bail if they’re holding him for two more weeks. I’m surprised he’s even in jail for that long. Not that I’ve had a lot of experience with DUIs, but I thought most people were released after a day for that.

Legitimately no idea why there's a hold up. They live in a completely different county so while I'm pretty familiar with my local proceedures about this kind of thing for work reasons I have no clue about their area. I do know my brother has had issues with law enforcement and a prior DUI 5 years ago but I'm not aware of any recent issues. It just sucks since we've been trying to get him in to treatment and counseling since he found our grandpa and he's just completely refused any and all help.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I honestly take that story as a mark of progress. Before cell phones that person probably would have just waited until morning, falling asleep in the cold corner of a Subway. At least through the power of polling the internet they felt confident enough to get the fire department involved.

With the job market what it is right now, that guy could probably quit today and be working at a nice stand-alone Subway tomorrow.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

General Dog posted:

That's actually a part of the book.

"Squeeze! squeeze! squeeze! all the morning long; I squeezed that sperm till I myself almost melted into it; I squeezed that sperm till a strange sort of insanity came over me; and I found myself unwittingly squeezing my co-laborers’ hands in it, mistaking their hands for the gentle globules. Such an abounding, affectionate, friendly, loving feeling did this avocation beget; that at last I was continually squeezing their hands, and looking up into their eyes sentimentally; as much as to say,- Oh! my dear fellow beings, why should we longer cherish any social acerbities, or know the slightest ill-humor or envy! Come; let us squeeze hands all round; nay, let us all squeeze ourselves into each other; let us squeeze ourselves universally into the very milk and sperm of kindness."

Moby Dick is homoerotic as dudes loving dudes.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

General Dog posted:

With the job market what it is right now, that guy could probably quit today and be working at a nice stand-alone Subway tomorrow.

The American Dream.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

Moby Dick is homoerotic as dudes loving dudes.

Yeah I picked up on that early on when Ishmael talks about being in bed with Queequeg and how they’re married now.

Nothing’s gay once you leave the bay, or so they say.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

The OIC for that crew was generous in giving the boss the opportunity to open it.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

General Dog posted:

~*~The American Dream :911:~*~

e: oh goddammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Just the shear audacity of thinking you can tell someone "no, you have to stay trapped in the sub shop over night," is jaw dropping.