Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Atrocious Joe posted:

I assume they reach out to Derek Davison to come on, and when he doesn't want to Bessner is excited to show up. After surviving University of Chicago and the foreign policy think tank world, Davison probably has a bit of a warped view of charisma. U of Chicago is what produced Nate Silver after all.

Felix describing Hyde Park as Rhodesia for assistant professors is one of the most accurate things he's ever said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Frosted Flake posted:

Was it the 9/11 Hinge Points where he just talked around Matt mentioning Saudi involvement? It was really weird, like he didn’t hear him, but Christman had talked for several minutes and laid out the links to SA.

That's basically what they did on skullduggery about giving a nuke to Iran. It's what libs do when they don't know what to say to unacceptable information but it's IRL and thus awkward to do a black woman reaction gif.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

Was it the 9/11 Hinge Points where he just talked around Matt mentioning Saudi involvement? It was really weird, like he didn’t hear him, but Christman had talked for several minutes and laid out the links to SA.

I remember when Matt broad up the possibility of the US directly being involved Bessner just completely ignored him

There were also lots of times where Bessner would ramble and something and then Matt would be like "Yeah. (some completely different stuff)"

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1492715481358376960?t=reVH_keZkfYt2ryI_gi_gA&s=19

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Does anyone still have Bob Evans' old racist posts from sa when he used a dif username

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Yah he used to go by Gravedigger

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Deified Data posted:

Does anyone still have Bob Evans' old racist posts from sa when he used a dif username

Laughable Xhosa girl

(hopefully Bob'll meet the same end)

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Donziger's locked up again?!?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Honest Thief posted:

Donziger's locked up again?!?

I think that man is going to be plagued by prosecutorial malfeasance until his dying days. They want to make an example of him.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

Deified Data posted:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

tokin opposition posted:

He's like an anime protagonist: the annoying rear end in a top hat the creator thinks you'll self-insert as

The real question is what's his account

Greetings

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Absolutely devastating

https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1492895095200301056?s=20

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/markamesexiled/status/1492990484691755008?s=21

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I just noticed that the youtube channel that had all of blowback no longer exists. Aww man, I wanted to relisten to it in preparation for the Season 3.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

I just noticed that the youtube channel that had all of blowback no longer exists. Aww man, I wanted to relisten to it in preparation for the Season 3.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ItsStoryTimer/videos

this one's got cuba

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Mucho gracias.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Deified Data posted:

for a second i read this as rich evans and i was sad about the possibility

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Deified Data posted:

going through peoples old posts to try to own them is roach-brained. Try attacking the person they are now, not child they were 10 years ago, unless you also would like to be judged for the way you behaved online at 15

Bust Rodd has issued a correction as of 08:30 on Feb 14, 2022

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

going through peoples old posts to try to own them is roach-brained. Try attacking the person they are now, not child they were 10 years ago, unless you also would like to be judged for the way you behaved online at 15

He's like 45 though

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
is alab dead? i know its not the most frequent of podcasts but usually they were putting out one every 1-2 months

it's been close to 4 months now.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i'm reminded of Felix talking about the silly Wolf Warrior soldiers

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

he was doing the thing where he sardonically used a slur to mock that attitude, something which was pretty common online until 2012 or so

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Xaris posted:

is alab dead? i know its not the most frequent of podcasts but usually they were putting out one every 1-2 months

it's been close to 4 months now.

one day.......

i even tried listening to mic dicta. it's not the same.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
if you want a new ALAB episode then go commit a hilarious crime and then hire bad lawyers.

it is a shame, too, because ALAB is genuinely one of the funniest and most enjoyable pods I’ve ever heard, except for their two completely boring episodes about sanctions, which I listened to twice each and retained none of because their were no jokes. every other episode is kind of a banger, though.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Which one do they find out that RBG died?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

It is kinda weird to introduce a new cohost and then essentially end the podcast

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Bust Rodd posted:

except for their two completely boring episodes about sanctions, which I listened to twice each and retained none of because their were no jokes.

dumb rear end

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/VaushVi/status/1493295613970157570

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

why does mark ames sound normal on the anon pod but sounds like he’s recording in a car under a bridge over 3g on his own show

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

i say swears online posted:

It is kinda weird to introduce a new cohost and then essentially end the podcast

Counterpoint: the new host sucked rear end

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It sounded like there was a lot of drama behind the scenes in regards to monetization.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

methinks the lad doth protest too much

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

Counterpoint: the new host sucked rear end

he sounded like young chuck schumer. he wasn't terrible but the voice was a lil distracting

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It sounded like there was a lot of drama behind the scenes in regards to monetization.

where did it sound this way?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

scary ghost dog posted:

methinks the lad doth protest too much

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

they'll be back. just waiting for the muse

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
todays cumtown was funny as hell with their comedian friend

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i thought that was the old podcast?

vanishedimam posted:

Breaking my lurking to chime in: It's more boring than even that - there was just a growing baseline of resentments over mic time and direction. Charles sort of decided he was the host. I had originally put the idea together and did almost all the production and editing. It just kind of fell apart over who was doing what, who was good at it and who wasn't, and personalities overall. No real beef between me and Charles, mostly the other guys (fairly) deciding to spike it when Charles pissed them off for the last time.

I was hoping we could smooth it over because its a fun hobby for me but alas, so I set up ALAB to focus more on what Andy, Michael, and I have a shared interest in - in-depth weird or lesser-known stories about lawyers and litigants that we do on our own time and schedule, not trying to make a job or any money out of it. I honestly was never in love with the legal news type format of MD and the revolving door of different people with different expertise etc. so in the end I'm happy with how it turned out for me.

5-4 is a media company play where Peter/"law boy" got approached by a media company, I assume based on the MD proof of concept, to make a monetized legal podcast about the supreme court. Hostile Witness is Charles finally having his own "legal news" show like the MD model because I love him but the man has an irrepressible need to do all the talking. There's no real remaining beef among any of the people involved afaik and there being multiple spinoffs just kind of happened over time.

crepeface has issued a correction as of 01:10 on Feb 15, 2022

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

crepeface posted:

i thought that was the old podcast?

Wasn't the new host the guy that was on the old podcast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
seems like it!