Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
S seems like would be a good second box for the kids. Can you have game pass going on two xboxes simultaneously? They need a family option imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rageaholic posted:

I bought an S, then got an X and sold the S :v:

:cheers:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
90% of my gaming in the last three or four years was on the Switch so the Xbox Small might as well be a supercomputer

not that I'm not tempted though

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

What's the baddest game on game pass these days, I want to play it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Barudak
May 7, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

Depends what you hate, really

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

John F Bennett posted:

Dark Alliance probably for pure badgame

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Baddest means good you idiots. Hence elder scrolls v

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You got it!

I like playing all 3 Elder Scrolls simultaneously, they are truly the baddest games on there right now. When Starfield comes out later this year, it will rule game pass for all eternity.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

priznat posted:

S seems like would be a good second box for the kids. Can you have game pass going on two xboxes simultaneously? They need a family option imo.

They do need that, yeah. I think you can accomplish this by logging your account with the subscription into the series S and setting it as your home console. Something like that. Should let you have your digital library and game pass access across both consoles.

Edit: the only bad thing about TES games is the bullshit way they're organized in your library. Drives me up the loving wall.

E
The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

O
Oblivion

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Your the worst.

Good stuff on both pc/xbox:

Resident Evil 7
Top-of the line and over the top survival horror starring Louisiana incest fam as baddies.

Tell Me Why
One of these talkie/adventure games in vein of Life is Strange. One of the better ones with a Transman protag (woo, representation)

Crackdown 3 (aka. Terry Crews the game)
Theoretically you could pick any of the dozen other characters, but why would you? TERRY CREWS IS SHOUTING AND OVERACTING!!!
Sandboxy supersoldier shootergame. Not Triple-A quality, but Triple-A fun. Take down bases, bosses and use cool toys.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

John F Bennett posted:

STREETS OF RAGE!!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

exquisite tea posted:

STREETS OF RAGE!!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What an insane recommendation lol. Oh hey what should I eat today? Fireants and gasoline

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyway I still haven't finished it but I really enjoyed the first couple hours of Deedlit, incredibly pretty metroidvania by a company that basically only makes those. If you played the Touhou metroidvania it's honestly basically the same game, mechanically, but looks 1000x times better. The sprite animation for Deedlit is nuts.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

What an insane recommendation lol. Oh hey what should I eat today? Fireants and gasoline

Larry Parrish posted:

I really enjoyed the first couple hours of Deedlit,

bro

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's really really good dude.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
He enjoyed the first few hours so much he never played it again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Another W for gamepass

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

I've been busy Ok. It was the last game I played on the Xbox lol. I have a lot of things occupying my day such as depression naps.

clemhfandango
Jun 20, 2020

John F Bennett posted:

I'd recommend giving Control a play before it leaves Game Pass if you haven't already. Evil Within 1/2 are also really good if you like survival horror. I've heard Prey is really good but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I beatlit the deedlit and it was good

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I love Control, it’s so satisfying to just make a huge smashy mess.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Deedlit is great if you eternally live in the 90s as I do

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

If you mean Actually Bad, there's some dog photography game that is just straight up broken. Like you can't complete the tutorial because the gamepad inputs don't work right.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ColdPie posted:

If you mean Actually Bad, there's some dog photography game that is just straight up broken. Like you can't complete the tutorial because the gamepad inputs don't work right.

Puperazzi and I didn't make it that far because it runs at such a nauseating frame rate with input lag

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My 6 year old enjoyed pupperazzi a bit! It does look pretty jank tho.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ColdPie posted:

I really was excited to try this honestly but it crashed my series x

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Deelit is fun but it runs like complete poo poo on PC for me so play it on xbox if you can

John F Bennett posted:

imo these are the best GP games right now if you are like new to modern games or something:

Car game: Forza
Shooter: Halo
3rd person action game: Hitman
PC game : Slay the Spire
I got a new TV and want to impress my wife: Tetris or Forza

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I have been enjoying Lonely Mountains Downhill altho it gets pretty hard on the more difficult mountains. It looks really cool though.

Also Unpacking is fantastic.

I like the chill little easy games :haw:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

priznat posted:

Yeah you set the xbox with gamepass as the "home" xbox and link the other one. I forget how it works because I linked mine to a friend's years ago but you can share games and gamepass that way to one other system.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Why does the Xbox app for Windows sometimes properly display my/my friends' activity and my profile and games I've played recently but sometimes not? I've gone to Task Manager and ended the task and reopened it but it's still not showing up properly.

Does the app just suck poo poo or what?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's pretty bad.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Does the thing where you buy a year of XBL Gold and it converts to a year of GPU for a dollar still work? My current Gamepass membership runs out tomorrow.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

TheScott2K posted:

Does the thing where you buy a year of XBL Gold and it converts to a year of GPU for a dollar still work? My current Gamepass membership runs out tomorrow.

Seltzer posted:

Just a reminder that if you do it right gamepass is 125 USD tax included for 3 years or about 1.5 returnals

https://slickdeals.net/f/15475945-conversion-deal-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-at-around-2-5-mo-instant-e-delivery-vpn-needed-for-29-78

Or buy three 12 month gold cards from amazon and stack them if you dont want to take the minute to use a VPN.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

It should, yeah. You can stack up to 3 years, if you can manage that. Looks like Newegg has them on sale for 50 bucks a pop if you use the code EMCBPAA35, so 150 plus the month of GPU.

And Deedlit was rad.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

The conversion (triggered by buying a month of Ultimate) is going to cost $15 instead of $1 for you, since your previous membership was so recent. But yes, it still works.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Seltzer posted:

Yeah you set the xbox with gamepass as the "home" xbox and link the other one. I forget how it works because I linked mine to a friend's years ago but you can share games and gamepass that way to one other system.

You set the console you're not going to be logged into as your home Xbox, then it gets all your stuff no matter who's on there.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Doing the game sharing like that can be a pain in the rear end when there are server issues though, think it'll keep you from playing games you own digitally on your not home console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Finally giving Psychonauts 2 a try, it’s pretty drat good! I don’t usually like 3d platformers but just set it to invincible so I don’t have to worry about having to replay stuff I suck at and the exploring and story are really fun.