Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
A rare miss from Collins. Could've been two panels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The Tories are threatening to cut off the BBC's main source of funding (the television license, the artefact depicted), which would probably drive them to take adverts. Antiques Roadshow is the kind of poo poo old conservative Tory voters watch, yet are supporting it's destruction.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Squishy posted:

The Tories are threatening to cut off the BBC's main source of funding (the television license, the artefact depicted), which would probably drive them to take adverts. Antiques Roadshow is the kind of poo poo old conservative Tory voters watch, yet are supporting it's destruction.

Ah, ok. Because American Antiques Roadshow, like all PBS programs, already has "corporate underwriters" which advertise "receive sponsor acknowledgement."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Stultus Maximus posted:

Ah, ok. Because American Antiques Roadshow, like all PBS programs, already has "corporate underwriters" which advertise "receive sponsor acknowledgement."

Yeah, because in America we've already "Been there done that" with the whole cutting the budget to public broadcasting thing.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, because in America we've already "Been there done that" with the whole cutting the budget to public broadcasting thing.

Meanwhile in Britain we're seeing live the possible downside to having a state-funded broadcaster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4buJMMiwcg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfjTG6SVjmQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRn1UZ4fhdE

On the one hand, is it sad to lose a public broadcaster? Yeah, probably.

On the other hand, is it sad to lose the BBC in particular as it exists right now? I'd be sadder if we lost one that didn't double down on platforming multiply-accused rapists who turn around and convert their personal websites into explicit manifestos calling for gangrapes and lynchings, I suppose.

If the state owns the broadcaster and the state is transphobic, the broadcaster will follow.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
If the BBC hadn't been actively and enthusiastically working to smother any leftist movement in its cradle, they might not have propagandaed the very people defunding them into power, lol

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Sometime, in our future, we will be able to look at British political cartoons without seeing Boris Johnson naked.

But not today.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

“It’s okay when I agree with it.”

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Pants Donkey posted:

How dare they block the road! RUN THEM OVER! They should all be-- what, they're on our side? Well then!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Pants Donkey posted:

Kellies nomination: Worst Invocation of MLK

Pants Donkey, please add this Kellies Kategory, requested last year, to the OP, as well as "Worst Covid Particle Cartoon".

edit: also: Worst Concern Trolling.
Worst Art in a Syndicated Cartoon

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 13, 2022

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Been busy lately but send me a DM reminder tomorrow and I can make sure to do it.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Twelve by Pies posted:

Sometime, in our future, we will be able to look at British political cartoons without seeing Boris Johnson naked.

But not today.

It’s just going to be naked Gove or Sunak instead.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Pants Donkey posted:

Been busy lately but send me a DM reminder tomorrow and I can make sure to do it.

Kellies nomination: Laziest non-Gorrell:v:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Clay Bennett

Death is always so :3: in politoons.

Lisa Benson

Steve Breen

Jeff Danziger

Clay Jones

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:kstare:Simfest:kstare:

....I have no idea who this woman is.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I know, I know, you don't gotta hand it to ISIS...but that Priviluge panel would make a great avatar.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

wizzardstaff posted:

I know, I know, you don't gotta hand it to ISIS...but that Priviluge panel would make a great avatar.

I would participate in Priviluge.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

How old is Ishida anyway? that joke was old when the characters were born.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Okay, I'll admit I laughed at Priviluge. And good job, Ishida at making only one of the three Woke Olympics events winter themed. :bravo:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Kellies update: 55% of the way through the 2021 thread, with about 178 entries so far. Lotsa multi-nomination posts and joke nominations, so the number may fluctuate when I go through on formatting and cleaning passes.

edit:
For comparison, the 2020 Kellies had a total of 182 nominations.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Feb 13, 2022

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Reveals baby 2022 and immediately gets sidetracked.

Sounds promising!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
"Fractional reserve banking is a government plot to subjugate the masses," like goddamn I knew he was full Nazi but I didn't know he'd gotten that deep into it, I thought he only cared about the TERF/"woke cancel culture" poo poo.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I know I said Ishida would introduce The Jews as The Next Great Other, but I was not expecting him to start literally the week I said that. hoo boy

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
I don't know how to classify that particular strain of brainworms, but the banking, bilderberg, and transhumanism could all be found on Infowars. Maybe it's "patriot mythology"?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ishida’s going for an older set of ideas, probably

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
Makes sense. Rabid anticommunism is an ancestor of the things I was picking up from it.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Pants Donkey posted:

gently caress. You.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Tobermory posted:

Ruben Bolling

Catching up on this thread just to say lol

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Reddit has some good ones this week:

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

SimonChris posted:

Reddit has some good ones this week:

Which Reddit are these from?

Also, has he started selling his comics AS NFT's?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Comstar posted:

Which Reddit are these from?

Also, has he started selling his comics AS NFT's?

The Sinfest Reddit, which is now dedicated entirely to mocking the comics.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lol I thought the TERF battle was real for a second and got very, very confused

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

I like how there are no specifics about the agenda other than it's ridiculous, making this a timeless classic.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I assume given the timing this vague comic is about the Oscars so unless there's evidence that says otherwise I'm just guessing this is yet another person salty that Spider-man didn't get nominated for best picture.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Sucky ducky is just upset nobody in Hollywood picked up his script for Reagan: American Hero.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

pretty sure he's mad at don't look up

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

“So Fishman, what is this ridiculous agenda?”
“Oh, you know the one.”

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Movies? I forgot about those things, nobody watches them anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Holy poo poo is that new art in a prickly city strip?